Male HQ

When a gay reach btw 59 to 70 of age

Guest guest

Guest guest

when a old gay reach that age  .Usually this ppl tends to stay  at home.No market at the sauna , gay chat or club.

3 hours ago, Guest guest said:

when a old gay reach that age  .Usually this ppl tends to stay  at home.No market at the sauna , gay chat or club.

Not true, people stay at home because they didn't want to spend too much money going outside.

8 hours ago, cmlf said:

What this article talks about is true.

Age is a condition of our body, not our spirit.

We are at 70 the same person we were at 20,

and if the body does not indicate otherwise, we ARE the same.

That's why it is important at 70 whatever we did with our bodies the previous 70 years,

or at least the most recent decades.

We can always recover some of what we lost earlier,

and if at 50 we are healthy, 20 years later we can be too

and have made significant improvements.

The mind changes, and it is a mixed blessing.

No more dumb ambitions, instead we learn what is important.

No more desperation for sex, for company, popularity,

but we enjoy instead that what we can get.

No more preoccupation for the state of the planet in 50 years,

but, if we did our fair share of good works,

that becomes the problem of others. 

12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

When we get old we lose interest in many of the stupid things we do when we are young.

It is not worth anymore to put up with long hours at a club surrounded by smoke, loud music, getting drunk, all to find the least undesirable person to have some sex with.

It is not worth anymore to go with "friends" to eat some stuff somewhere and have idle conversations.

Instead we retire from work and become sex tourists, visiting many cities in S.E. Asia where we find that what satisfies our fancy,

and back at home we entertain ourselves with what we like to do.

while the young guys labor doing what society needs to get done...

A friend's dad who came out late, in his 40s then, and who is now in his 70s has a very active life with his partner of over 20 years. Visited them a couple years ago and stayed at their house for the weekend. Apart from eating early (around 5ish) and them going to be about 10, the life they have seems pretty good. They both work part time to pass the time, and the rest of the time is spent with their other gay friends and working on projects. 

Love. 

On 5/26/2017 at 0:31 AM, Guest guest said:

i think you really stay at home type.....in fact, i saw several at sauna, gay chat too..

Don't think age is an issue - just a number. Try go to tennis court, gym and active sport - you will be amaze by their stamin

When they reach the age of 60 - 70, the old men should not bother hiding their white hair with dye.

they should also eat more and gain weight.

the market value of old men goes up if they are chubby, smooth, and white hair.

of course they should also dress the part - looking like a kindly grandfather. 

Guest silverdaddy

@dsd, so when u r in your 60s, u will be a chubby white silver daddy waiting for young guy to fxxk u??? haha.......

Guest silverdaddy
17 hours ago, Guest guest said:

LOL, either u r too young, too naive or a frequent sauna sex maniac. 

you have so many things to do other just thinking about sex. U might be true, majority (>50%) of the older gentlemen will be bottom. However, are they no value???? Goto Google and type silverdaddy, u will see tons of images to nourish your eyes. Again, not all sauna silverdaddies are in shape and fit. But please look out side of sauna and those keep themselves fit and neat. 

when u r at that age, keep yourselves fit by eating well, sleep well, exercise regularly and sex (within your limit and enjoy). There are many seniors in BW can teach to age gracefully here.

Guest Guest

I am inclined to agree with dynox. Frankly I am very lost now, I woke up to my senses that my 20yo relationship is over and I have turned 56 , fast approaching 60. 

Its sad, it's a betrayal of trust and love at least to me. But what can I do, I know I should not lament so I am trying to build up my life again and doing things on my own. The past week was depressing trying to get over. 

Altho I look good for my age, I am not sure if I can have another chance in love. 

But life continues, I need to face the fact that at 70 I may be all wrinkled, and alone. 

还是老调重弹.。没有爱你的男人嘛, 不打紧。。要懂得爱自己。。

男人就如浮云。。生命过客。。不要太在意那段逝去的爱。。

日子还是要过。。有空时, 唱唱歌, 跳跳舞, 煮点吃的, 看看节目, 与老友吹水。。。何尝不是人间美事。

不要太消极。。不要期望有男人在街角等你。。

为自己而活。。。

刚刚看了卢国沾的演唱会感触良多。。看到词神迈入老年, 病患的他, 不尽无限唏嘘。。

奉上当年由罗文唱的“锦绣前程”来鼓励大家基友。。。

斜陽裡氣魄更壯 斜陽落下 心中不必驚慌
知道聽朝天邊一光新的希望
互助互勵又互勉 那怕去到遠遠那方
前程盡願望 自命百煉鋼
淚下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀過望遠方
斜陽裡氣魄更壯 斜陽落下 心中不必驚慌
知道聽朝天邊一光新的希望
互助互勵又互勉 那怕去到遠遠那方
前程盡願望 自命百煉鋼
淚下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀過望遠方

小小苦楚等於激勵 等於苦海翻細浪
藉著毅力 恃我志氣 總要步步前望

斜陽裡氣魄更壯 斜陽落下 心中不必驚慌
知道聽朝天邊一光新的希望
互助互勵又互勉 那怕去到遠遠那方
前程盡願望 自命百煉鋼
淚下抹乾 敢抵抗高山 攀過望遠方

小小苦楚等於激勵 等於苦海翻細浪
藉著毅力 恃我志氣 總要步步前望

听听Masatoshi 中村雅俊原曲的演绎。。

断绝轮回最重要

不要白废了今世 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest

Mr Abang, I m very poor in my Chinese,  you able to summarize ( guess it's too much of a chore) and translate .

would like to understand your comments. Thanks 

My attempt in translating the transcript above..

**It is the same tune again.

If there isn't a man in your life, learn to love yourself.

Man are like clouds..transient..don't over-indulge in lost love.

Life still continues .. go have a hobby, sing, dance, cook, watch, chat with buddies are some of the best activities.

Don't be too discouraged and disappointed and do not harbour hopes that Mr. Right is just round the corner.  Live for yourself. 

The lower portion is about a famous Cantonese lyricist who had a stroke some years ago. I was watching a concert that paid tribute to his craft and was lamenting the good old days.. He wrote the lyrics to that Japanese tune in the 70s/80s where he encouraged youngsters to live their dreams despite the obstacles along the way. 

Hope this impromptu translation helps you have a better understanding of me, the OLDER people.

Edited by abang
alignment

Guest Ziti
23 hours ago, abang said:

I'm 56 and still would like to say that LIFE IS GOOD.

Do not think that old man has ZERO market value.

Yes the body is no longer as taut as it was before but as physical appearance may have dwindled over the years, the forces of attraction shifted somewhere else.  Of course, sex drive may diminish as we aged but hey, we still have our admirers.

I am talking about our charisma and charm.  

By this time, older men had garnered enough life experience, we are able to handle adversity better.

Besides our idiosyncrasies and preferences, we are poised to appreciate others more.

年长者也有春天。。不要因为年华老去, 样貌/身材走样而感到无助。

我们也能以智慧, 经验来取胜。。

没有孤独老人, 只有放弃的人才会孤独。。

我们有钱, 有闲 -慢活, 快乐的不得了。。

找点生活情趣 - 烹饪, 看书, 廉价旅行都行。

Wow @abang still looking young. You are really one of the best person here in BW. I admire you a lot.

IMO it's about how you see yourself and your level of self-confidence.

I've seen people with more-salt-than-pepper-hair still confident, leading healthy lifestyles, looking hot, constantly improving the way they present themselves to others and maintaining youthful by engaging in more outdoorsy activities, hanging out and staying updated with fashion. They have a sense of self confidence and don't show their insecurity about their age to others because they've overcome it. They accept the fact that growing old is a part of life, but are content with whatever they have and are willing to work with themselves.

There's also people who look at numbers, and feel sad about the fact that they are starting to grow old. They think that growing old is the downward curve in the graph, and are saddened by a reality they cannot change, so they try their luck by hitting the gym 6x a week so they can remain relevant and feel wanted like they used to be able to without much effort. It's a fight many people go through because they are not used to being rejected due to their age. Common topics they talk(whine) about would be growing old, not being wanted or accepted by other men, or their market shifted to the older group where they feel everyone is unwanted cos of their number and could only eat themselves (which is absolutely not true), and how much they yearn for younger meat for as much as it makes them feel youthful. They put up a fight but their lack of confidence and 悲观 mentality causes them to age even faster.

The third kind I've met is the kind who have accepted reality, or have put up a fight against time in the past but time shows how resistance against it is futile. They allow themselves to be cast away and slowly fade out, appearing elsewhere where they could find cheap thrills.

Lastly is the one who lives their very own content life, or growing old happily with a partner. Travelling the world, doing the things they never had the time to do. Living the life, embracing their age.

img_1295_y5oCqh.jpg.5b665c90780c79ea8d4d942b76c3b4fb.jpg

Guest Ziti,

I'm blushing...just good camera angle...

4 more years and I will be 60..time to collect my senior citizen card..

Older men can still get angry but I tend to laugh at those who "flame" me for whatever ..

I really don't give a damn.. and I just ignore them..

That's what life is all about..

Some will like you, some will be jealous of you and some ...do unmentionable things to you..

1 hour ago, abang said:

Some will like you, some will be jealous of you and some ...do unmentionable things to you..

It seems common knowledge that you like to have unmentionable things done to you, especially by white men.  :lol:

You forgot in your list those who are neutral towards you.

4 hours ago, Hemnes said:

There's also people who look at numbers, and feel sad about the fact that they are starting to grow old. They think that growing old is the downward curve in the graph, and are saddened by a reality they cannot change, so they try their luck by hitting the gym 6x a week so they can remain relevant and feel wanted like they used to be able to without much effort. It's a fight many people go through because they are not used to being rejected due to their age. Common topics they talk(whine) about would be growing old, not being wanted or accepted by other men, or their market shifted to the older group where they feel everyone is unwanted cos of their number and could only eat themselves (which is absolutely not true), and how much they yearn for younger meat for as much as it makes them feel youthful. They put up a fight but their lack of confidence and 悲观 mentality causes them to age even faster.

Lastly is the one who lives their very own content life, or growing old happily with a partner. Travelling the world, doing the things they never had the time to do. Living the life, embracing their age.

It cannot be ignored that there is a downward curve in life. When it starts, how fast it goes downwards, is particular of each individual.

Pity those who get traumatized by this fact and are overcome with panic over their loss of attractiveness.  But not those who plan ahead and are driven by the goal to maintain FUNCTIONALITY.  The latter not only live their content life happy with a partner and travel the world, but dedicate most of their life to a methodical disciplined activity that extend their capabilities of earlier times into their old age.  You hit the gym 6 times a week with intelligent workout and you are NOT going to lose muscles, get brittle bones, have the head bend forwards and lose equilibrium. And something strange will happen: instead of trying to take some years off your age, you will fee PROUD of your age and the fact that you are still so functional at it.

19 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I am inclined to agree with dynox. Frankly I am very lost now, I woke up to my senses that my 20yo relationship is over and I have turned 56 , fast approaching 60. 

Its sad, it's a betrayal of trust and love at least to me. But what can I do, I know I should not lament so I am trying to build up my life again and doing things on my own. The past week was depressing trying to get over. 

Altho I look good for my age, I am not sure if I can have another chance in love. 

But life continues, I need to face the fact that at 70 I may be all wrinkled, and alone. 

If you reach old age and is alone than you have yourself to blame as you dont make enough gay friends during younger times. You need to make as much good friend as possible during younger times before its too late.

Guest Guest
4 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

If you reach old age and is alone than you have yourself to blame as you dont make enough gay friends during younger times. You need to make as much good friend as possible during younger times before its too late.

Hello yoyo74, I don't disagree with your comments. I wasn't really active in the scene and as I said I was committed to the rs over the past 20yo so I didn't really made effort to earlier. 

I am still trying to move on . At this age it's not easy to make friends (new) and I don't go to saunas etc. So you are right but that's said in hindsight. 

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Hello yoyo74, I don't disagree with your comments. I wasn't really active in the scene and as I said I was committed to the rs over the past 20yo so I didn't really made effort to earlier. 

I am still trying to move on . At this age it's not easy to make friends (new) and I don't go to saunas etc. So you are right but that's said in hindsight. 

just ignore yogo74 comments, everyone have different lifestyle.

you dun need to be other people shoe, let put in another way,

yogo74 will never have a 20 year relationship experience then you !

that a fact.....even after now, all his friend occupy his time for a relationship opportunity too.

just lead a life you feel comfortable about it...there no such thing call "gay lifestyle"....just only label.

21 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

dun have to be so mean....you also grow old one day.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Saunas? Those are places for sex although you still have a chance to make friends there. Saunas i only go once just to explore and did nothing and never go there again. You can be like me go join social interest gay groups where the people over there are more interested in making real friendship. I came out of the closet late in life so i am also trying my best to widen my gay social circle network. The first social circle group i join is Coffee Session group although it is fun with a lot of memories but unfortunately groups stop recruiting new members and members starting to lost interest and group slowly dies off. After that i join a jogging group and i found that all groups will eventually dies off if nobody actively doing recruitment. I ask for permission and take the initiative to do all those recruiting. I made lots of friends in this process. It was not enough for me and i also created a vegetarian interest group and a pokemon group to make more friends. I also keep joining other chat group as well trying to widen my network further. This is how you make more friends. Even during the time i was in a relationship i never stop my pace in making more friends. You can also bring your partner to group gathering also. Anyone becoming friend with me i also help them make more friends if they needed.

Making more friends also give you a much higher chance of getting into another relationship as you are exposed to many other gay people that you have never met in you life before.

I hope one day all gays in Singapore would know me personally but its quite an impossible feat although the process will give much beneficial returns in terms of how many quality friends I can get.

Edited by yoyo74

18 minutes ago, Firday said:

dun have to be so mean....you also grow old one day.

I have already grow old enough lol and i keep doing the right way to make friends. See my thread above how i make friends.

to me, not only gay friend but also straight friend are important but what is even more important is that u guys must share some same interest....having friends means u will not be alone but that doesn't mean u won't feel lonely, imagine u have the following choice:

1.) to join the many kara-ok or jb trip organised by RC, u will definitely not be alone but u may feel lonely as u have to entertain those uncle/aunties talking about their children, grandchildren etc or topics that have no interest to u

OR

2.) plan you own jb trips doing things that u want to do, watch a nice movie or listening to your favourite CD, definitely u r alone but not necessary the feeling of lonely.

though partner and friend is important but equally important should be your health and financial means cos without these two, u can't enjoy life at whatever stage in life....

Thank goodness for technology..

It is so much easier for us to reminisce the good old times via the Internet.

I play music from my youths whenever I'm doing housework i.e., ironing, cooking and mopping.

This afternoon I had 青山.  He was the Jay-Chou of the 60s and I glued my ear to Rediffusion Network daily for those musical programmes, in various languages.  The younger peeps may laugh and scorn at me for all they want as the music is rather dated but this is proper singing..字正腔圆。. unlike the singers nowadays, 鸡声鸡气 不知所谓。

老饼们, 大家一起随著音乐扭扭吧!。

负心的人,泪的小雨, 不要抛弃我, 酒醒梦已残,几时再回头,回头我也不要你。。不是我们的爱情履(写照)吗?

歌词好入骨。。爱你也深, 恨你也深。。

It must be an urban myth that older people hide in the dark corners to victimise youngsters in sauna.  We have better things to do than to frequent "special" nights at saunas.  

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, Firday said:

just ignore yogo74 comments, everyone have different lifestyle.

you dun need to be other people shoe, let put in another way,

yogo74 will never have a 20 year relationship experience then you !

that a fact.....even after now, all his friend occupy his time for a relationship opportunity too.

just lead a life you feel comfortable about it...there no such thing call "gay lifestyle"....just only label.

Thank you so much Firday. I can say you have got my drift. Anyways thanks, comforting to know there are kind persons around. Cheers 

being an introvert, I can forsee myself being alone when I'm old. The good things is that I have good siblings that will always drop by to say hi. I can see my mother's effort to strengthen our sibling's relationship. but I'm alright for being alone as I'm not too comfortable hanging out with a group of people. although sometimes I do feel lonely when its so quiet without seeing or hearing human voices after sometimes. the most concern I have is not being able to take care of myself when I'm old. don't want to be a burden to people. I rather die and best die in my own bed in my own house. just need to trouble them to throw my decomposed body cause I don't think people will ever notice by my absence until the smell start to knock on my neighbour house. and 2nd concern is money. Money is not everything but with money can solve quite a lot of problem and live a life without much worry.

3 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

to me, not only gay friend but also straight friend are important but what is even more important is that u guys must share some same interest....having friends means u will not be alone but that doesn't mean u won't feel lonely, imagine u have the following choice:

1.) to join the many kara-ok or jb trip organised by RC, u will definitely not be alone but u may feel lonely as u have to entertain those uncle/aunties talking about their children, grandchildren etc or topics that have no interest to u

OR

2.) plan you own jb trips doing things that u want to do, watch a nice movie or listening to your favourite CD, definitely u r alone but not necessary the feeling of lonely.

though partner and friend is important but equally important should be your health and financial means cos without these two, u can't enjoy life at whatever stage in life....

Having a straight friend had lead my life into a disaster. When a relationship is so close it becomes love. How i love him he already know and even his parents and siblings also know. I have practically dated him more than 10 years and every weekend i was with him doing things together. We go jogging, swimming, movie marathon, play online game together, go USS play roller coaster together, go spa together etc. Everyday i was hoping he would not think about making a new family which i already know that this is the plan he wants. When my straight friend almost reach the age of 35 i propose to him to buy a house together and he agree to it. My friend ask me what happen if he suddenly wants to marry a girl. I told him they can stay together in a room while i stay in another room, I just need to be able to see him to be happy. We take a look at our bank accounts and CPF and compare our financial status of buying a flat. But fate does not goes with our planned path. His friend introduce him to a China girl and my friend finally found a girl that he like and decided to go with her in marriage. I finally wake up from my dream and know that i cannot afford to have a close straight friend any more. Heart shattered and lost the source of living in this world, I finally step out of my closet to go find gay people.

The other straight friends which are not so close going out with them does not cure my loneliness also.

OK now lets talk about your option.

Option 1: All those events at the RC with straight people is either strangers or friends that are not close at all so the feeling of loneliness is still there even though you are surrounded by many people.

Option 2: Plan a personal trip or doing things with only myself with no one accompany will make me feel more lonely and fall into greater depression.

Making gay friends is practically my only choice now if i want to live happily.

Health and financial means is also very important and i agree with you. Nowadays i eat a very healthy vegetarian meal everyday and only very occasionally would i go for fried food or junk food. I also everyday exercise at least 10 to 15mins per day. During weekends i would join my gay jogging group to jog and socialize thus having fitness and making other gay friends together. As for finance, although i earn a below average Singaporean pay i am still working full time work and is consider financially independent.

1 hour ago, mantin30 said:

being an introvert, I can forsee myself being alone when I'm old. The good things is that I have good siblings that will always drop by to say hi. I can see my mother's effort to strengthen our sibling's relationship. but I'm alright for being alone as I'm not too comfortable hanging out with a group of people. although sometimes I do feel lonely when its so quiet without seeing or hearing human voices after sometimes. the most concern I have is not being able to take care of myself when I'm old. don't want to be a burden to people. I rather die and best die in my own bed in my own house. just need to trouble them to throw my decomposed body cause I don't think people will ever notice by my absence until the smell start to knock on my neighbour house. and 2nd concern is money. Money is not everything but with money can solve quite a lot of problem and live a life without much worry.

I am an introvert like you during kids time and until i finally out of my closet. Being an introvert i often get bullied and the reason they give is i don't socialize with them or join their gang so they need to punch me everyday they see me. As for family relationship you are more lucky than me, my relations with some of my family members had a deep crack during kids time and i had scars physically and mentally and will never fully heal.

When i am out of the closet, i know that i must change to become extrovert in order to make more friends. I need to be happy and i had practically force change my introvert interest like computer gaming to interest like jogging with a bunch of people.

@mantin30 You only live your life once. Lets make it a happy life.

7 hours ago, Guest Generous said:

When you reach that age, your generosity dictates how popular you will be.

Generosity yes, but stupidity and weakness no.

Never pay money for friendship, companionship.  At least, not directly or implied.

9 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

I am an introvert like you during kids time and until i finally out of my closet. Being an introvert i often get bullied and the reason they give is i don't socialize with them or join their gang so they need to punch me everyday they see me. As for family relationship you are more lucky than me, my relations with some of my family members had a deep crack during kids time and i had scars physically and mentally and will never fully heal.

When i am out of the closet, i know that i must change to become extrovert in order to make more friends. I need to be happy and i had practically force change my introvert interest like computer gaming to interest like jogging with a bunch of people.

@mantin30 You only live your life once. Lets make it a happy life.

I have always been an introvert like the two of you,  maybe a product of a childhood full of insecurities and inferiority feelings in the presence of others, together with strong superiority feelings about myself.   The latter helped me to like myself.

Thanks to the experience of age, all the insecurities, inferiority feelings have slowly vanished with the help of some effort on my part. 

Today I can be sociable, enjoy myself among others, but also I can do without company and enjoy, entertain myself.

Like Mantin30, I too wish to die in my own house and bed, able to be relatively independent until the end.

But I have a bf and a son, lovely people, and if necessary I won't hesitate being taken care by them, since it is also some kind of generosity to allow others to do things for oneself and so let them feel good, draw good karma.

Guest guest

At age 59 next step will be collecting ur senior citizen card some changes on ur lifestyle.  At 70 I notice many still fighting for high post and money. Doubt those retired old gay don't mix with the Cc group  for singing session or drink ing beer at coffee shop. Wonder Wat plan do they have. 

14 hours ago, instantnoodles said:

Just wondering why >59 and <70

Some may feel old before 59 and u will still be gay above 70

Just a number.  If one doesn't care for his own health, he may feel old even at 40.  I saw so many old uncles overtaking young guys in their 20s during marathon.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 26/05/2017 at 3:31 PM, Guest guest said:

Life is MORE THEN just about sauna , gay chat or club. We don't all always think with my sexual organ. What point do we need to proof to anyone who is younger. I don't need to be needed by anyone if I choose not to. How shallow is one's life if all it is about is fucking and all things leading to that one act when the world where we only live once has to much more to offer. I spend 10% on sex and the rest of my time wisely and loving it. Because I am not a one trick pony. Sex does not define me. It's what I do out of bed that is more noteworthy and unique then doing something every monkey on earth is able to do with half a brain.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• Guest locked this topic