Male HQ

WWDC Apple 2017

Compilation of WWDCApple2017,

1. most devices got OS Update.
- Say hello to WatchOS4 only if you have apple watch.
New watch faces and fitness capabilities.
- Seriously...a new MacOS is called High Sierra. Should not use narcotic painkiller Sierra.
- For Iphones and Ipad, new IOS 11 is announced with better apps like camera and photos and notes and stuffs.
(FYI : People are gonna complain about the pull up bar UI).
- Siri is now supported with AI and Machine learning. Seriously, terminators are closer then you think now. They will be invading your brains soon.

2. A new Desktop Mac (iMac Pro)

- With a badass Space Grey color.
- 18 core processor, and it'll use Radeon Vega graphics with up to 16GB of VRAM. 128GB of ECC RAM and 4TB of PCIe SSD storage. 10Gb Ethernet NIC. and VR support. Basically, iMac can now render smooth, 90fps VR graphics thanks to Metal 2.
(If you dont understand what those numbers means, you probably wont need this desktop Mac. Just buy 1K$ desktop and you will be fine.)
- And yeah, did I mention it will cost your liver if you are not rich?
iMac 21.5-inch - starting at $1099
iMac Retina 4K 21.5-inch - starting at $1299
iMac Retina 5K 27-inch - starting at $1799
Kaby Lake coming to MacBooks too! More value, new config for 13-inch Pro that starts at $1399.
These models starts shipping today.
And the max specs, $4999 and will be available in December.

Now to something that I want. To number 3.

3. A new IpadPro.

- bigger screen, same size 1pound weight. (and better screen brightness for your KDrama.)
- camera from Iphone 7.
- optimized for IOS 11.
- Good productivity tool. Highly recommended. (If you are reading this, my birthday isd June 21st. LOL..just saying.)
- more storage. better graphics and cpu power.120Hz refresh rate.( mobile legends players, rejoice.)
- better apple pencil.

4. A smart speaker. HomePod.
(Seriously, apple need a team to make names. Or if they already have a team, that team must be so free. )

- Seriously. It must have came out from Amazon Echo and Google home having sex.
- A blue spatial on top and white and black chump not as tall as Amazon but not slanted like Google home.
- good sound blah blah blah...smart spatial awareness blah blah blah...
- Only 8 small drivers for a speaker and a woofer. At least it will sounds decent and similar or better then 200$ one.
- They are using the old A8 chip for a speaker. Which is really high power chip. ( FYI, it powers your iphone 6 and 6s).
- It's also a home assistant, obviously. But it can tell you about news, messages, reminders, translation, weather, traffic, sports, smart home control and Podcasts. Siri is inside it. I'll consider buying it if it only can order me some pizzas. Else I have no use for it because in their terms, my home is dumb. Because it can only control smart home systems.

What do you think?

In general a welcoming change, really excited about the AR possibilities. Love the new depth API for the camera app, devs can probably use depth information to overlay objects with blurred/bokeh effect for example. 

Knocked it out of the park with multitasking iPad Pro, drag and drop feature is really intuitive. Like how to pay homage to OS X multi desktop feature for app switching in iPad, probably really easy to pick up by power users. 

The only thing I think I need to get used to is the grid-like control center. A bit strange IMHO but indeed it can squeeze a lot of controls into a small space :D

Edited by hazilyhasty

If the world don't suck we'd all fall off.

Guest I Owe Ass
On 6/6/2017 at 3:59 AM, NewGuy said:
4. A smart speaker. HomePod.

For a company that prides itself on design, I thought it looks terrible, like some cheap china knock off you buy from aliexpress.

On 6/6/2017 at 5:20 AM, hazilyhasty said:

Knocked it out of the park with multitasking iPad Pro, drag and drop feature is really intuitive. Like how to pay homage to OS X multi desktop feature for app switching in iPad, probably really easy to pick up by power users. 

With every ios update they are adding more stuff and screwing with slightly older device. Since 3D touch updates my 6+ has gone totally whacked. Brought it to apple store for diagnostics and they couldn't find anything wrong with hardware.

10 hours ago, doncoin said:

iMac Pro is giving me a hard on. 

And when they flashed the price tag, it went softer than jello.

11 hours ago, Guest I Owe Ass said:

For a company that prides itself on design, I thought it looks terrible, like some cheap china knock off you buy from aliexpress.

With every ios update they are adding more stuff and screwing with slightly older device. Since 3D touch updates my 6+ has gone totally whacked. Brought it to apple store for diagnostics and they couldn't find anything wrong with hardware.

And when they flashed the price tag, it went softer than jello.

It's going to be used for work. So it will be a business purchase. :) Not going to pimp it to 18 cores. But having the graphics card and 128RAM would be lovely. 

Love. 

49 minutes ago, doncoin said:

It's going to be used for work. So it will be a business purchase. :) Not going to pimp it to 18 cores. But having the graphics card and 128RAM would be lovely. 

I wanna see the hard on! :D

Guest i Owe Ass
1 hour ago, doncoin said:

Does kinda make you wonder what's in store for the Mac Pro.

On 6/8/2017 at 11:01 AM, jeeves said:

Are the new Macbook Pros even worth the high price tag?

I WANT MAGSAFE back on ALL MACS! :( 

One of the things I appreciate about owning Macs is the relatively high resale value. Just look on eBay etc. Compared to a Leveno or HP, the resale price is typically higher. So, factor that part in. 

Love. 

Loving their new lineup of software and hardware upgrades. Can't wait for a universal USB-C world tho, although that's unlikely seeing how Apple's proprietary Lightning adapter is still rampant.

On 6/8/2017 at 4:01 PM, jeeves said:

Are the new Macbook Pros even worth the high price tag?

I WANT MAGSAFE back on ALL MACS! :( 

Yes, if you know what to use it for. If you don't do video/photo editing or anything graphically intensive, the Pros are not for you. Look at the regular 12" MacBook(:

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

On 10/06/2017 at 3:09 AM, doncoin said:

One of the things I appreciate about owning Macs is the relatively high resale value. Just look on eBay etc. Compared to a Leveno or HP, the resale price is typically higher. So, factor that part in. 

Ahh ok I wasn't aware of that!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.