Male HQ

i will never ever Video Chat with a guy on LINE anymore...

jerseyboys

happened to me last week:

After chatting with me for half an hour, this smooth talker suggests we "Take things to the next level..."  Hmm... i wonder what he means... ?

Guy:  Wanna Video chat on LINE with me ?

Me:    Nah... I'm shy, maybe next time.

Guy: I like ur voice... I wanna see u...

Me:   Trust me... U don't wanna see me on LINE... anyway i look better in person !!!
Guy: As i said before... I'm attracted to u & i don't care how u look... Let's video for a few minutes ...

Me:  ( By this time i am already weak at my knees after hearing this husky voice over my HP (using LINE) BELLOWING sirens like a wolf trying to get me to press the Video button on my App)

Okay, Okay, Okay, You win!  i will video-call u now...

(The next 19 minutes of video-chat ends with a happy ending of more romantic exchanges btw him & me. Turns out... he looks buffer than his profile pic.

Turns out... he looks more mature than his age... he looks hot on video & intentionally wears a tight fitting singlet as though trying to score points with me... )

Today i meetUp with this Guy, btw... Last week a Chinese Guy contributed to my "Top #10 MeetUp Nightmare List" & i was hoping today this guy will undo all damage i suffered last week... but i was wrong =(

Guy appears.... Oh No!
His profile pic in LINE showed him at age 27yo, now his face has aged so much... 

Seeing him on LINE during our video chat, he seemed symmetrical in his body shape & size... now seeing him person he was 2 heads taller than me... our Compatibility Ratio plummeted... 

What happened to that handsome Man i saw during that LINE-video-chat?!?
Why is the real person standing in front of me so unlike what i saw that night... who was someone who looked so sexy on the screen of my Android...

So there u have it... next time... even if Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt is video-chatting with me on LINE... i will stick back to my SOP... pls send me a recent Face Pic of urself... & when i say Recent i mean LAST WEEK... 

J

=(

There there. Expectations are a bitch. Worst if you think you've an idea how he already looks like. Oddly, it's hard to look different on video and in person. There aren't any live beautifying filters for videos being implemented. Yet. 

Plus it's only the first "date". Take a chill pill and try again later. Starting off as friends really does ease things up a bit too (coming from someone who's single the past 3-4 years...maybe not such good advice)

Edited by jarjarbinks

8 hours ago, abang said:

I chatted with an AMDK over Whatsapp for a couple of days before we decided to have a dinner date.  However I was terribly sick and had to postpone it till the next Sunday.  In the meantime, he was caring and asked about my condition daily.

I had ZERO expectations before this blind date.  We met and had a meal together.  It was LIKE-at first sight.  We chatted like old friends and the rest you can say, is history.  Despite his busy schedule, he always find an hour to squeeze a short dinner together at the nearby coffee shops.  

It was good to establish that our meals should not cost more than SGD15 and we took turns to pay.  We even took an evening stroll at Henderson Waves last weekend.  Our agenda this week includes Pink Dot on Saturday and a walk to MacRitchie Treetop Walk this coming Sunday.  

So instead of withdrawing yourself from video chats or just chats, go with an open mind.  Don't expect Mr. Suave or Mr Elegant to be present.. instead ask yourself, how good are you?  Anyway, you are meeting a new person - anything goes.. Good luck.

This....this is really really sweet. Me likes! 

On 6/27/2017 at 10:07 PM, jerseyboys said:

After chatting with me for half an hour, this smooth talker suggests we "Take things to the next level..."  Hmm... i wonder what he means... ?

Me:   Trust me... U don't wanna see me on LINE... anyway i look better in person !!!
Guy: As i said before... I'm attracted to u & i don't care how u look... Let's video for a few minutes ...

Me:  ( By this time i am already weak at my knees after hearing this husky voice over my HP (using LINE) BELLOWING sirens like a wolf trying to get me to press the Video button on my App)

(The next 19 minutes of video-chat ends with a happy ending of more romantic exchanges btw him & me. Turns out... he looks buffer than his profile pic.

Turns out... he looks more mature than his age... he looks hot on video & intentionally wears a tight fitting singlet as though trying to score points with me... )

Today i meetUp with this Guy, btw... Last week a Chinese Guy contributed to my "Top #10 MeetUp Nightmare List" & i was hoping today this guy will undo all damage i suffered last week... but i was wrong =(

Guy appears.... Oh No!
His profile pic in LINE showed him at age 27yo, now his face has aged so much... 

Seeing him on LINE during our video chat, he seemed symmetrical in his body shape & size... now seeing him person he was 2 heads taller than me... our Compatibility Ratio plummeted... 

Why is the real person standing in front of me so unlike what i saw that night... who was someone who looked so sexy on the screen of my Android...

So there u have it... next time... even if Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt is video-chatting with me on LINE... i will stick back to my SOP... pls send me a recent Face Pic of urself... & when i say Recent i mean LAST WEEK... 

J

=(

thats freaky 

Once again, may I reiterate that the significance of meeting someone for the first time is to know a new person.  Go with zero expectations - no, he may be less physically-enhanced but his personality may bowl you over.

TS, what do you expect from a first meeting?  Finding the love of your life immediately?  Get real and get that notion out of your mind... you may have to kiss a thousand frogs in order to find a REAL prince!

Ok my part with that AMDK... still meeting and still chatting via whatsapp daily.  However I do not want to speculate that there is a future for developing the relationship.. just say, carpe  diam.

1 hour ago, abang said:

Once again, may I reiterate that the significance of meeting someone for the first time is to know a new person.  Go with zero expectations - no, he may be less physically-enhanced but his personality may bowl you over.

TS, what do you expect from a first meeting?  Finding the love of your life immediately?  Get real and get that notion out of your mind... you may have to kiss a thousand frogs in order to find a REAL prince!

Ok my part with that AMDK... still meeting and still chatting via whatsapp daily.  However I do not want to speculate that there is a future for developing the relationship.. just say, carpe  diam.

That's carpe diem! Take it was a typo ;-) 

• 6 months later...
On 28/06/2017 at 1:42 AM, doncoin said:

That is why I think it is better to meet in person than online. 

I also think so...

I want share my good experience in meeting a guy.  I met up with "Married Guy" for a quick coffee.  I dont know how he looks like as he has never shared any picture.  I came with no expectation (i tried). When i saw him we just smiled at each other.  A little awkward at first but after awhile we started talking like we have known each other for a long time.  I will say that he is not movie star good looking but he good average look with average body. He  is quite funny thats i why i think i kinda like him.  He was the same in chat and in person.  

It so happened that there was an angmoh guy outside coffee bean with a younger asian guy. They were holding hands. So i tried to tease him by reaching my fingers to his hands then he just gave me big eyes and smilled as if saying "what are you doing?". Overall i had a great time.

I asked him if i can send him back as i was driving.  I think he knows i have other plans in the car (honestly i do). He politely declined. We still chat up to now and would love to see him again. 

Moral lesson here is to be open minded. Don't come with so much expectation then you will get really upset in the end.

Edited by SuckUSuckMe

Go keybox and meet ppl there and make all the friends you want it’s better then chat online, vedio calls etc.. and then say u disappointed wtf. Get real. Look at yourself in the mirror first and ask what u can offer for friendship and not thinking about physical liking what u want and sex. I go keybox without expecting to have sex with anyone but to make new friends and share experience and learn anything from others. I quote it’s not where u are but with whom you are with. One needs to appreciate the friendship others willing to offer and be contented. And meeting someone does not mean u must have sex with him hor. Or he wants to have sex with u and for all u know he maybe more disappointed then you. Think about it. 

TS
I think the issue is not w Line video, but w all sort of online or smart phone video right?

Anyway, not everyone honestly share about themselves like I did

a person Pmed me 2nd time(after so long) and a Sikh , and he didn't even bother to introduce himself again and he xpected me to rem who is he after so long
and worst drop me a "Hey"! and expect me to do the next action? what m I to do w the next when I have to ask him who he was

he cannot even give a good description of our past conversation, anything online has to be disccounted

but TS is not trying to find a prince online, he has to set a meetup first online before he could phy meet them

Seemed to see someone mentioned abt typo, and I don't know what is abit "buffer"

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/buffer : the correct definition

I think u r trying to say that he is slightly buff than the ...... and the slang for muscular is buff

Suck

U mean he politely declined (not I)

2 hours ago, SuckUSuckMe said:

I also think so...

I want share my good experience in meeting a guy.  I met up with "Married Guy" for a quick coffee.  I dont know how he looks like as he has never shared any picture.  I came with no expectation (i tried). When i saw him we just smiled at each other.  A little awkward at first but after awhile we started talking like we have known each other for a long time.  I will say that he is not movie star good looking but he good average look with average body. He  is quite funny thats i why i think i kinda like him.  He was the same in chat and in person.  

It so happened that there was an angmoh guy outside coffee bean with a younger asian guy. They were holding hands. So i tried to tease him by reaching my fingers to his hands then he just gave me big eyes and smilled as if saying "what are you doing?". Overall i had a great time.

I asked him if i can send him back as i was driving.  I think he knows i have other plans in the car (honestly i do).  I politely declined. We still chat up to now and would love to see him again. 

Moral lesson here is to be open minded. Don't come with so much expectation then you will get really upset in the end.

On Tuesday, June 27, 2017 at 10:07 PM, jerseyboys said:

Guy appears.... Oh No!

J

=(

This is really troubling me. Video call and the person  turned out to be diiferent in person ? How can it be possible? Maybe it's time to upgrade your phone. JK. 

Photos these days are heavily photoshopped. Video call should still be the most ideal way to "view" a person. No? 

On ‎22‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:47 PM, Boydsg said:

This is really troubling me. Video call and the person  turned out to be diiferent in person ? How can it be possible? Maybe it's time to upgrade your phone. JK. 

Photos these days are heavily photoshopped. Video call should still be the most ideal way to "view" a person. No? 

when a guy wear a cap can looked very diff after he removed it

and the video call could just focus on the body too

if not just the "face" from an angle, u cannot see how heavy he is