Male HQ

Is it a must to get a personal trainer ?

Guest Guest

Guest tacos

for bulking up, you just need proper nutrition, but for trimming down, you would need a personal trainer to help you with those last few reps.

Yes as form is extremely important.

Those who carry heavy weights but have bad form will suffer as they get older. Back pain, neck pain etc... they wont get it now they will know hell 10 years later lol

• 5 months later...

I’ve never used one and manage to get into pretty decent shape (yes 6-pack) without one. I get my info from magazines like Men’s Health and websites like Bodybuilding.com, and also blogs. Useful to mix things up to see what works.

But I think it really depends on the individual. If the following applies to you, maybe you can consider getting one:

- lack discipline or determination

- don’t have basic information on training and nutrition / don’t know where to look or got no time to look for such information 

- not creative in designing your own workouts

- complete newbie to any form of exercise 

However, if you speak to different PTs, they can hold vastly different perspectives. That’s because their opinions is an aggregation of their professional education and experience with different clients. 

My own experience is that mixing things up, both nutrition and exercise, is necessary to discover what YOUR body responds most to. A PT, being a professional, may save time and help to zoom in on what works, but people’s bodies are very different.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Honestly speaking, anybody can be personal trainer. With intenet revolution anything is possible in the web. 

For a start, google, YouTube and have confidence in yourself. Feel motivate and u will get hang in there. 

So you do not need a personal trainer for bulking up etc... Save money 

Information on internet and youtube is not reliable as there are overloads of information, some of which is not even correct. It is a good investment to get a PT if you desire results. 

Alternatively, why not invest in the knowledge yourself by pursuing Fitness Instructor or Personal Trainer Courses (which is what i did). Arm yourself with the correct Human Anatomy and Exercise Physiology knowledge to help change yourself, and maybe u can also carve out a career in the fitness industry. 

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.