Male HQ

SOLO TRAVELLING TO VIETNAM, HANOI -> SAPA

quidproquo

I've tried out solo travelling to countries like Chiang Mai and Hong Kong. Ultimately had a very interesting experience by doing couch-surfing @ locals' homes and to learn some much things from their lifestyles. Kindda on hooked onto doing solo trips, as you'll tend to enjoy the peace and serenity by having total freedom in choosing wherever you plan to go and whatever you want to do! It is not uncommon to see solo travellers roaming around by their own, but mostly caucasian. One of my couch-surfing host's  apartment mate who happened to be Vietnamese introduced me to Sapa in Vietnam which can be reached via train from Hanoi. He mentioned that it is very cooling up high in the mountaineous area. The beautiful place better known to locals than to tourists (that conversation was like a year ago), so it might be packed with tourists now, i really ain't sure. I have been wanting to give it a shot this time and just made myself bought a single flight ticket for myself to Hanoi (2nd Nov - 7th Nov 2017) just now. Rash much?

Sapa.jpg

Edited by Kevin Tsoi

line: shootkevtsoi

hmm, I suppose couch surfing has the benefit of meeting locals and getting direction from them on where to go, what to eat, what to do, etc ....

but, if you're looking to add some sex during the trip, it will be bit hard to bring back guys .... well, can always go to sauna, I suppose.

I think I'm more into traveling with someone on similar time frame .... can either share accom or separate.

if have similar interest, then can go around together ... safer with someone around.

if didn't have same interest , can still has the option to go alone ... but with added security that someone knows where you are.

and still have the option to meet locals too.

also, if you're couch surfing, have to follow rules of the host.

just be careful on whose place you're staying .... don't watch those horror movies  :P

note: I never been to Vietnam ... it is on my list of places to visit, so, let me know the highlights  :)

also Philipines and Cambodia

1 minute ago, Ben S said:

hmm, I suppose couch surfing has the benefit of meeting locals and getting direction from them on where to go, what to eat, what to do, etc ....

but, if you're looking to add some sex during the trip, it will be bit hard to bring back guys .... well, can always go to sauna, I suppose.

I think I'm more into traveling with someone on similar time frame .... can either share accom or separate.

if have similar interest, then can go around together ... safer with someone around.

if didn't have same interest , can still has the option to go alone ... but with added security that someone knows where you are.

and still have the option to meet locals too.

also, if you're couch surfing, have to follow rules of the host.

just be careful on whose place you're staying .... don't watch those horror movies  :P

note: I never been to Vietnam ... it is on my list of places to visit, so, let me know the highlights  :)

also Philipines and Cambodia

Yeah there's a lot of factors to consider while travelling alone or when couch-surfing. Yes yes i will update you on this! :D

line: shootkevtsoi

• 1 year later...

I am just back from a trekking trip in Sapa. Love it. 

I befriended a local guide from the Black H'mong tribe.  Those who like to engage a private trekking guide can contact me. She charges USD20 per day, irrespective how big your group is. 

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.