Male HQ

I Got Fired from My Internship- Yahoo!!! Reason to Celebrate

Not trying to be mean here, but perhaps you should be more respectful. I have constant flow of poly interns at my workplace and many unfortunately CMI. Lack of initiative and desire to learn, bad attitude, and pretend they know a lot. Sometimes I really wonder what was taught in school because they looked like they have absolutely no idea whats happening around them.

1 minute ago, Guest CMI said:

Not trying to be mean here, but perhaps you should be more respectful. I have constant flow of poly interns at my workplace and many unfortunately CMI. Lack of initiative and desire to learn, bad attitude, and pretend they know a lot. Sometimes I really wonder what was taught in school because they looked like they have absolutely no idea whats happening around them.

Its not the school's faults. It's the upbringing by their parents or worst, by the maids that made them who they are now.  

54 minutes ago, Guest CMI said:

Are you referring to the younger generation of poly interns?

You stoopid arrogant dickhead only know how to blow hot air but when tasked u to do some easy stuff, will keep complaining and pushing your work to others. You Deserved to be FIRED!!

I guess you have yet to learn that at the workplace no matter how much you know, you never make it seem like u know more than ur superior. 

Even ppl who are 60 year old and worked in the same job for many years do this.

haha_zpsc85cc20e.jpg

3 hours ago, excreteater said:

I got fired from my internship. Yahoo!!!. Superior thinks he know too much. Meh. But I disagree with him even if he try to give me knowledge.

i don't see why getting fired is a cause for celebration.

from your attitude it sounds like you think you know better than someone who has been actually working at this job for awhile.

pls try and go into the real world and get a job and see whether you can survive or not.

we'll see whether you're still celebrating if you get sacked again.

3 hours ago, excreteater said:

I got fired from my internship. Yahoo!!!. Superior thinks he know too much. Meh. But I disagree with him even if he try to give me knowledge.

Your life is fucked! Screwed!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by GachiMuchi

6 hours ago, Guest CMI said:

how do u deal with them?

Guest Fuwar

I really hope you are trolling and that you are one individual making all these posts trying to gain attention. Because if this is the archetypal young, we are in deep shot as a country.

Guest Guest
52 minutes ago, Guest Fuwar said:

I really hope you are trolling and that you are one individual making all these posts trying to gain attention. Because if this is the archetypal young, we are in deep shot as a country.

You have a lot of excuses to speak ill of the country, don't you? Unless you meant Malaysia when you spoke of the word "country", because that's where TS was. 

8 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

Are you referring to the younger generation of poly interns?

Yeap but not just poly. University level too.

3 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

how do u deal with them?

I isolate myself from them and avoid delegating anything for them to do. I will later hear my colleagues and boss bitch about them later lol 

Guest Neh Neh
11 hours ago, Guest CMI said:

Most of them were not taught about "being respectful to workplace ethnic" (敬业乐业) in school / university. And they are so naive in the company politics.

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, knight said:

I guess you have yet to learn that at the workplace no matter how much you know, you never make it seem like u know more than ur superior. 

Even ppl who are 60 year old and worked in the same job for many years do this.

You kena stuck in the early 2000s? How old are you? In your 30s? Now year 2017...have you nit heard of Jack Ma, Steve Jobs, Mark Z? Jack and steve were rejects, they dare to challange the establishments..people like you are like dinisours..

I salute TS courage and determination to stand up for what he believe and stand for. Singapore needs more people like TS who dare to challange, to speak out, to vouce out! To break the rules and be creative! Jia you! You are the next Jack Ma!

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You kena stuck in the early 2000s? How old are you? In your 30s? Now year 2017...have you nit heard of Jack Ma, Steve Jobs, Mark Z? Jack and steve were rejects, they dare to challange the establishments..people like you are like dinisours..

I salute TS courage and determination to stand up for what he believe and stand for. Singapore needs more people like TS who dare to challange, to speak out, to vouce out! To break the rules and be creative! Jia you! You are the next Jack Ma!

Theres a difference between voicing out/challenging the difference and being plain rude. 

Let me give another example, one day the intern was shadowing the consultation. Before the a proper physical examination was done, this intern who was supposed to only observe started dictating the patient requires antibiotics, NSAIDs blah blah blah. My friend then asked her fine, since you know so much, please also state the specific drug and the required dose. She couldnt of course, and kept quiet. 

Challenge only if you really know your shit. Not half baked but pretend to know everything. Unfortunately, many interns out there are like the above example.

Guess we are all jumping to the conclusion than TS is an ignorant brat... Do you really believe the TS is that happy about being fired? I wouldn't be. Maybe I'll mask my concern with positives and an overly-optimistic facade to get through this big hit. No one likes being fired or being told you aren't good enough.

TS take the time to move forward, you're young, celebrate this if you truly feel it's the right thing to do. We don't know the circumstances so we can comment. Just enjoy your growing up. 

21 hours ago, bodybuildMLY said:

This is just a troll TS

Well his username means shit eater...

17 hours ago, Guest CMI said:

Yeap but not just poly. University level too.

I isolate myself from them and avoid delegating anything for them to do. I will later hear my colleagues and boss bitch about them later lol 

I've heard of horror stories from poly interns. Didn't expect from the universities too. 

Guest Guest
15 hours ago, Guest CMI said:

Theres a difference between voicing out/challenging the difference and being plain rude. 

Let me give another example, one day the intern was shadowing the consultation. Before the a proper physical examination was done, this intern who was supposed to only observe started dictating the patient requires antibiotics, NSAIDs blah blah blah. My friend then asked her fine, since you know so much, please also state the specific drug and the required dose. She couldnt of course, and kept quiet. 

Challenge only if you really know your shit. Not half baked but pretend to know everything. Unfortunately, many interns out there are like the above example.

Your friend should encourage his intern to speak up! What your friend did was wrong! This is the type of society we are living where those who speak up is shut down! Make mistakes so what, that is learning. You are tge typical opd singaporean mentality where you cannot accept changes and views! No wonder we do not have a jacl ma in singapore!

28 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Your friend should encourage his intern to speak up! What your friend did was wrong! This is the type of society we are living where those who speak up is shut down! Make mistakes so what, that is learning. You are tge typical opd singaporean mentality where you cannot accept changes and views! No wonder we do not have a jacl ma in singapore!

If you are trolling its a really bad attempt. Do you even read? She did gave that intern a chance to speak up, but she knew peanuts to begin with so she kept quiet. 

No issues with speaking up if you really know your shit well. You probably havent work with interns, and stop dreaming. Not everyone who speaks up are Jack Ma material. Most just makes noise and think theyre all that lol

Guest Workerbee

2 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

I've heard of horror stories from poly interns. Didn't expect from the universities too. 

True, I was made to paint and patch up office walls during my internship, but they gave me a small ang pow for all the various hard labour I was made to do. Then there are those companies like Bizhub Asia which takes it to a whole new level.

http://www.theindependent.sg/employer-from-hell-refused-to-allow-poly-intern-to-use-toilet-plans-to-sue-after-more-stories-of-exploitation-emerge/

On 08/08/2017 at 1:06 PM, Guest DDT said:

Its not the school's faults. It's the upbringing by their parents or worst, by the maids that made them who they are now.  

please do not blame the maids, they just do laundry and cook dinner for them... these students are doomed to fail in the future, with or without their maids... I think you have a very bad experience with your maid... Did you brutally treat them...

• Guest locked this topic