Male HQ

Inconsiderate neighbours

Maturebtm@sk

I m staying with my elderly father & younger brother. 

My next door neighbours shifted in abt 2 years ago. The family of 4 comprises of a young couple with 2 boys in P6 & P4. The family talk vy loudly & always play piano with their main door ajar. Earlier on, i greeted the missus at e lift lobby but she ignored mi. Should i still accord them with greetings or totally ignore them. Anyone kind enough to share ur views. Thks

4 minutes ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

Our peaceful lifestyle has changed completely since they moved in. My ex neighbours always closed their main door whenever they play e piano. 

You can call hdb to complain abt noise. my india indian neighbour also make a lot of noises. bloody inconsiderate

56 minutes ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

My family normally watch tv from 5pm to 9pm. During this period they always like to play e piano thus disturbing us. I usually slam my main door & onli open my main door whn they stopped playing e piano.

Oh...so you watch TV for 4 hours with main door open. So your neighbours can hear the noise from your TV? Your surrounding neighbours can also hear u slamming yiur door?...and they are inconsiderate? Oic...

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh...so you watch TV for 4 hours with main door open. So your neighbours can hear the noise from your TV? Your surrounding neighbours can also hear u slamming yiur door?...and they are inconsiderate? Oic...

Hello u shld b awared tht 7pm to 9pm is considered e prime time where majority of us r catching up on e tv show. By playing piano during this period they r being inconsiderate but e least they can do is closed their main door while playing e piano

Wat to do? Got the cheek to play piano like high class but dont know how to think to close the door when playing piano like low class. pity hor. Paria is always a paria. U cant change them although they got money from selling hdbs.....

9 hours ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

Hello u shld b awared tht 7pm to 9pm is considered e prime time where majority of us r catching up on e tv show. By playing piano during this period they r being inconsiderate but e least they can do is closed their main door while playing e piano

Wah...u disturb people can, slam door, watch tv n keep door open...duno what volume your tv but people cannot disturb u hor. Who say 7pm to 9pm must watch tv?

2 hours ago, cutejack said:

Wat advise u need somemore.call the police n everything will change.lol

You must be part of the 69.9%. Use mata like call pizza? No wonder with people like you, singapore is no longer the singapore i know. With people like you, the kampong spirit is gone. Little things call mata. 

37 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You must be part of the 69.9%. Use mata like call pizza? No wonder with people like you, singapore is no longer the singapore i know. With people like you, the kampong spirit is gone. Little things call mata. 

Last time kampung got play piano meh.wat talking u?go n do yr work. Its friday oredi.

25 minutes ago, cutejack said:

Last time kampung got play piano meh.wat talking u?go n do yr work. Its friday oredi.

Typical respond from the 69.9%.

this is my story....

years ago...I faced the worst neighbour  .

he was the worst kind of all is the hard-core racist. they made our life difficult...they would mock and spit on the floor as we walk by.but I took it into my stride.

you cannot get into the lift with them. .....there is a saying ..what goes around will come around.

I sold my flat and move out of this shit hole neighbourhood... I hated that place, 

I made the choice to move out .and everything turn out well for me.

Edited by sg indian here

Guest gorilla rock band
17 hours ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

I m staying with my elderly father & younger brother. 

My next door neighbours shifted in abt 2 years ago. The family of 4 comprises of a young couple with 2 boys in P6 & P4. The family talk vy loudly & always play piano with their main door ajar. Earlier on, i greeted the missus at e lift lobby but she ignored mi. Should i still accord them with greetings or totally ignore them. Anyone kind enough to share ur views. Thks

Learn to play a musical instrument that is loud and jarring like Rock drum backup or crashing cymbals.

When they play their piano, you practice your loud drums or bass gitar.

When they come over to cham siong , negotiate, you talk your terms.

I think when you start to practice they will automatically close their own front door.

drums gorilla drumming GIF

200.gif

31 minutes ago, Guest gorilla rock band said:

Learn to play a musical instrument that is loud and jarring like Rock drum backup or crashing cymbals.

When they play their piano, you practice your loud drums or bass gitar.

When they come over to cham siong , negotiate, you talk your terms.

I think when you start to practice they will automatically close their own front door.

drums gorilla drumming GIF

200.gif

Its so funny. Thks

your neighbour doesn't sound so bad to me.  maybe they do not wish to have anything to dowith any neighbours around them for the sake of privacy.  If you need to drive them out then you got to initiate bad behaviour on your part.  However its really evil to ever do such things.  I did then i regretted. Bay tahan i did again then stopped for fear of turning myself into a monster.  Haha funny as it may sound I think the husband is sexually  attracted to me after my funny antics.  

31 minutes ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

I m not against the kids playing e piano during e primetime whn we r watching tv. But shouldn't they b considerate enough to close their main door so as not to cause disturbance to us.

Have a neighbor like that... who are anti-social with a bitch of a wife. And the reason they kept their door open even if it means being able to see us go in and out of our home, it is because it is hot. With the door open they get a bit more air but here's how stupid .. stupid people get, they have heavy drape windows with curtains almost always drawn. *SMFH*

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

13 minutes ago, upshot said:

Have a neighbor like that... who are anti-social with a bitch of a wife. And the reason they kept their door open even if it means being able to see us go in and out of our home, it is because it is hot. With the door open they get a bit more air but here's how stupid .. stupid people get, they have heavy drape windows with curtains almost always drawn. *SMFH*

Pardon mi, wat is SMFH

Easy.. just play your TV at the loudest volume possible each time they play the piano. No matter how loud they bang the piano, they can't outdo the TV. They will get the point sooner or later.

1 hour ago, Maturebtm@sk said:

Pardon mi, wat is SMFH

*Shake my fucking head*

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Being listen to my neighbour's child playing violin more than a year and already get used to it. Everytime they playing violin, i just shut my windows and enjoy my movie with headphone plug in. Is just few hour thing and is not happened everyday so no need to bother so much.

On 8/10/2017 at 8:35 AM, Maturebtm@sk said:

Our peaceful lifestyle has changed completely since they moved in. My ex neighbours always closed their main door whenever they play e piano. 

It sounds strange to me that people in apartments leave their main door open...  Is it because of the heat?

I would approach this by politely ask the neighbors if they can close the door while someone at their place plays the piano.

And see what happens...

Maybe they understand and do so.

Maybe they don't care and still leave the door open.

In this case, can their main door be closed from the outside?

If so, you can go and close their door, as many times as necessary.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest 好公民

When worse comes to worse, I have actually resorted to lining their doorstep with bits of food to attract insects into their home. 

But my mum, ever the miss congeniality, cleared them up secretly after me. 

There is no perfect world, if all so perfect than most likely you may already be in heaven.  :whistle:

I used to hear my neighbor slamming their door. By accident after they moved out, came to realise they didn't like the incense smell. When I highlighted to my family, they changed to a lighter smelling incense. When the new neighbours moved in, I used to find boxes of bottles or corrugated boards at the common area rubbish chute. Wasn't too sure how to approach them as didn't want them to feel too unfriendly so earlier at the start of their stay. So took the trash down to the recycling bin myself. No longer have this issue, maybe they found out, I don't know. 

Bottomline, either communicate opening and hope for understanding or bear with the issue and make changes on your end to adapt to the new situation. Resorting to tit for tat doesn't resolve anything except makes matter worst. Make love not war. Ok time to go F***ing... fishing, now what were you thinking, tsk tsk tsk. 

Guest concern

i don't know about you,but i have a neighbour who live one unit away is rather pansy.Looking at the chrome red hair,sharp pointed frame glass hanging down a necklace and tattoo eyebrow.A very typical household magaret if you guys know what it look likes.i just can't stand the way that a dustbin out there is also an issue when i want to keep our area clean,throwing a small litter in it.Thought is a good practice to throw litter on the bin regardless of having to find a public dustbin.Why is it an issue!

Guest concern

its painful that most ppl out there now just care too much about being self centred.The only thing now that will make all neighbour to appear at one time is when a fire is broke out.

You are staying in hdb flat, inconsiderate neighbors are common and normal, no way there are no inconsiderate neighbors at all. Even you stay in landed property also can find inconsiderate neighbors.

Guest concern

Moved to buangkok green.The place is greenary,cooling,spacious and wander free.Every neighbour there are the same with each different unique flavours of personality.Thats a recipe towards equality.

• Guest locked this topic