Male HQ

Should I Declare I am Gay during NS ? + Advise for Declaring 302 (Compiled)

huno

I didn't.

But from what I know, if you admit, they should have some tests to affirm whether you are telling the truth or not.

If it is, then they will make special arrangements for you to be downgraded and to be a clerk. You will not be sleeping and bathing with the other guys. Basically, you will be separated. If there is no one else in your camp that admitted, then you will be alone.

This record will stay with you forever. I am not sure who will get to know of this record and what impact it will bring. Your employers might get to know especially if they are from the Civil Service.

My advice is not to admit so that you can still stay with all the other guys. Isn't that better? :P And with the youth being so liberal nowadays, you might be having more fun. Just like so many people had wrote about their experiences in their camps.

Anyway, what is your reason for thinking of admitting?

ohh... someone fear of NS.... well, being completed NS since 1998, maybe I can give u some opinions...

Think of NS as training for your physical well-being. The training may be tough but it is rewarding. I had the same fear as u before, but after going through 2.5 years of NS life, I was fitter (now, I am chubby liaos.... too lazy to train :P ).

Also, think of it this way. When u are fitter and well-toned, u may be more attractive and become more appealing to many guys (and uncles).... :D:P

Guest Guest

haha,now NS training compare to last time consider real " Chicken ",yet some ppl still want to try to " cheat " & to be a " guo nian " :P ,haha,Merry Christman & happy new year

Guest Guest

huno,if really what your say,since singapore is the worst in the world,why you say it's tough,is it you are the worst sissy in the world? :P Have you check the training in Taiwan ,china etc?Kindly dun make yourself so stupid neside already worst sissy,oh sorry,should address you a sissy man :whistle:

• 9 months later...
Guest Wondering

Does anyone know what happens if I declare myself 302 as an NSman (reservist)? Do they stop calling you for ICT etc, or call you back without allowing you to stay-in, or no change at all?

Guest Wondering
Does anyone know what happens if I declare myself 302 as an NSman (reservist)? Do they stop calling you for ICT etc, or call you back without allowing you to stay-in, or no change at all?

Oh and also whether they subject you to some psychological tests or interview your friends/family...

that depends on whether you are intending to out yourself.

from what i know, declaring 302 in NS will have record in the govt.

before you decided, read this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay_rights_in_Singapore

yawning bread gave an interesting blog declaring 302 to SAF (heck most of his writing are interesting)

http://www.yawningbread.org/guest_2002/guw-081.htm

:thumb: When I Think It, I Do It, I Win It! :thumb:

• 2 months later...
Guest Liptontea

oralb: You can declare yourself as Effeminate Homesexual (SAF term 302) with a classification of A/B or F. Depending on how your doctor's letter written to the Board of Medical Officers in the SAF. By doing so, you may need to see a phystratrist to certify deem fit that you are Effiminate Homesexual. Not all declared 302 will be exempted from NS call-ups, but it all depends on the unit whether to keep you in the unit or to post you out of the unit and place you u under the holding strength.

• 1 year later...
Guest -curious-

hey, im going to get enlisted for army soon, and just wondering if i should declare?

anyone wanna share any experiences or how to ctrl erections while at camp?

Guest -xiaowei79-

for me, during bmt times, everyday the training is tiring enough to drain you out physically.

So you dun really have to worry how to control, unless you are going to Pes C or E.

hey, im going to get enlisted for army soon, and just wondering if i should declare?

Guest Centrino

There's no need to declare. As long as you keep your hands and mouth to yourself, you can get by army life very nicely without putting it on national record that you're gay. I think declaring 302 is mainly for those guys who seriously think of going for sex operation to become a woman. In which case, they'll be treated as a psychiatric case. You certainly wouldn't want to go through that ordeal.

In fact, most of my platoon mates who didn't hide the fact that they are gay were actually quite well looked after by the commanders and even platoon mates. I think it boils down to those straight thinking that you're a 'lady' and therefore you get treated better or equally. All you need to get into their good books is to avoid 'sabo-ing' everyone by not doing what you're supposed to do properly, by not being a bitch and back-stabbing your fellow mates. Just be nice, hardworking and people will be nice and respect you back. My gay platoon mates were one of the most popular guys in camp, primarily because they were the most obedient and hardworking lot...

I've also noticed that many of the younger generation are more tolerant of gays nowadays.

As for controlling erections, that concerned is unfounded. Most of the time you'll be too tired and seeing the same naked bodies and flacid dicks often covered by overgrown pubes day in day out will bore you after a while... seriously.

Enjoy your 2 years of being soldier. It's a worthwhile experience. As much as I hated wasting my time in camp waiting to rush and rushing to end up waiting, what I gained was true friendships that lasted till today (more than 10 years), and a nice muscular body (that disappeared after 10 years).

Edited by Centrino

Nowadays it makes no difference whether you declare or not. As long as you are physically fit, they will still post you to physically demanding vocations.

Unlike some years back, when gay means desk bound vocations.

And one of the things that you have to do to declare gay is that your parents would be subject to several interviews to access if you are really gay or just pretending to be gay.

You can request the psychologists not to reveal your sexual orientation but the questions they asked are pretty obvious. For example, they would ask them...if you ever cross dress, ever brought men home, normally guys or girls call you, male or female company you normally mixed with etc.

So do you still want to declare?

Guest Old liao

Remember when i first enlisted, the CO gave a briefing about his personal sex life and asked all recruit not to miss the love one at home be it parents or gf. Than he also touched on gay people and jokingly said that if we have problem in army life, we can always go and declare ourselves to our PC. That was the 1st week of our enlistment and the PC's doors were opened until very late in the evening following the CO's speech. I was queuing up, among others who have problem to consult our PC. As for me, I wanted to tell my PC that I might have problem because I am gay. A close buddy of mine pulled me away from the queue and confide to me that if I declared myself, he might not be able to buddy me during the 3 months training and those officers might relocate me somewhere that he won't be able to see me again. Apprently, this buddy of mine, who have same soft personalities as me managed to convince me to keep my identity a secret. During the 3 months, both of us were a joy to many straight NS men because we became their teaser, in a positive way as there was no violent, no assault or whatsoever. On the other hand, these group of platoon fellow took very good care of me and my buddy and our platoon leaders, officer also kept me and my buddy together most of the time. After 3 month, I was posted to work as clerk and my buddy a storeman in another camp. Yet we maintain in close contact until we both ROD (so called in those time). The two years in the army was quite fast and fun. As a clerk, my female regulars (inrregarless of rank) also took well care of me and treated me to outside food rather than eating in the cook house. My madam S1 wanted to promote me 6 months prior to my ROD so that she could make me stay a little longer (6 months) because i was the fastest typist in the clerk team and everyone will miss me. On my ROD day, my CO bought me a gift (CD player) and treated me to a farewell dinner. Overall assessement, I led a very peaceful NS day.

Back to the 13th month ICT, the 1st ICT was a lttile challenging because those buddies were stranger to me and many have tattooed and even behave like hooligan. Fortunately, 1st ICT was a taming period where the men were given recrutment treatment - very very Siong type.

On 2nd ICT, our platoon mates became quite used to each other and 3rd-ICT we developed strong camaraderie so that i tried not to skip my ICT in the hope to meet familiar faces. These group of platoons (even company mates) knew i was gay and constantly made fun of me in a non physical way. In fact i enjoyed most of it because I brought joy and happiness in the dull world (inside camp).I tagged along with their jokes and appeared to be very very friendly to anyone who approached me to chat as long as we ourselves know how to draw the line and uphold our image. Because of my firm and strong personalities, those Ah Bengs hold me with high regard and began to take care of me in a fun way (like husband and wife kind of care..hehehe) They will buy me snack (if given the chance to book out) even without me asking and even offered to send me home after our last day in ICT. Of course when we met outside (they will be back to their normal life) and appear a little unusually quiet and cold (because they were with their wife or kids). That is what life and I fully understand why they behaved as such from the bottom of my heart.

The bottom line is, irregardless of your education level, be friendly and don't act cockily during NS or ICT days. Treat everyone impartially whether they are rich, poor, ruggard or decent. Each of them have their strength and weaknesses where we might be able to tap on during harsh training.

When your platoon mates are all treating you nicely, your officers will follow (because the officers count on their men most of the time during ICT).

My NS & ICT was like a breeze partly because i held firmly to my rank of Lance Corporal even though i was highly educated (in tertiary level), partly because of that, the Ah Beng felts I don't have the attitude like most people at that level have.

You see, as a gay all my life, I have controlled my CAMP and everyone around me rather than let it control you. Be not afraid, the working world is more frightening than inside the camp, which we have to deal with until retirments. Enjoy life in NS days, you will miss someday like me.

Unfortunately, I am too shaky now to be able to carry anymore rifles and I missed my campmates, the greeneries and the smell of everything inside - so dearly.

• 1 month later...

hmm..i went thru 2.5 years of NS back in the early 90s, actually hated it initially, but grew to accept and take it like a man, honestly i think i grew up in NS, from a snobbish elite kid to somewhere mid way between an elite and a hokkein peng, my platoon mates took me down several notches which actually made me a better person. None of them suspected I was gay, although they often teased me for not showing interests in girls.

as for gay experiences, other than some gay officer trying to have his way with me, whom i totally ignored, nothing much happened. No need to declare, i actually was quite close to a guy who declared, and he was sent to DB for some minor offences, but he was so totally woman-like, i think his superiors could not stand him. But when he came back from DB, he was a changed guy, was rougher and tougher, and started working out, i never asked him what happened though, but i thought the change was rather drastic...:(

anyway, no need to worry about whether u want to declare or not, i feel there is no need to unless you really want to go for a sex change. There are always clandestine activities on, but just follow SAF rule 7 Do and don't get caught ...hehe...

hope you have a good time in the army Curious, regardless of how tough everything is, u know, it's all a learning experience....honestly life after army might just be more complicated and tougher.....:)

• 4 months later...

i remembered that during my BMT days, halfway through BMT, 2 of my platoon mate declared 302 halfway... and suddenly, the bathroom have a cubicle fitted with shower bind just for them.

with regard to the way we treated them.... nothing much changed.

if you got no intention of declaring.... then be as str8 acting as you can ba. trust me.... after spending the whole day doing workout, out field... you won't have much time for erection.

Gay people are not a special breed, they are also just normal man who walk the street, the only difference will be that their love interest is man. but even having said that.. gay people do not generally go for ALL man.

The same theory goes for some str8 man having girls as their good fren. dun worry to much when you enlist. just enjoy your BMT. You might not see it now, but one day in future when you look back, you will realise that BMT is actually the most fun part in your army life.

Would It Shatter Your Illusion If This Angel Had Been Cursed?

http://shitou79.blogspot.com

Actually not all 302 gets the same form of treatment...

If you declare 302, you might become Out of Training (OOT, formerly known as OOC a.k.a Out of Course) and you will be sent to MMI for a psychologist review. You will be required to bring along at least 1 of your parents.

The psychologist will first speak to you individually before speaking with your parent(s), you MAY request that the psychologist do not reveal your status to your parent(s) if you have any reasons for that.

After the MMI review, your case will be escalated to the medical board to decide on the outcome. The following scenario might take place:

1. If you are PES A or B, you might be downgraded to PES C and below, and posted out of Tekong, to a Unit. You will undertake vocations which are less critical, that does not involve any form of confidential, secret or simply any national security related documents/information. You will return to tekong for a recourse subsequently for PES C BMT re-course if you are downgraded to PES C. However, if you are downgraded to PES E, you will not need to return to Tekong.

If you are not downgraded, you may be asked to continue with your BMT as per normal, but with adjustments such as shower curtains added.

2. If you are already PES C, you may be asked to continue your modified BMT as per normal, but with adjustments such as shower curtains added.

You may also be downgraded to PES E if required. In that case, you will be posted out to a Unit permanently and not need to return to Tekong in future.

3. If you are a PES E personnel, you will not be affected unless you are currently handling security related documents/information. You will be revocated to another vocation that handles less critical tasks such as logistics (store) or drivers.

Most people think that if you declare 302, you definitely become a PES E and will become a clerk or even PES F and get exempted from NS. This is totally a misunderstanding.

302 personnels are reassign a PES status if required, usually to reflect the severity of their condition. One who is straight acting and if fit enough to undertake military trainings may just remain where he is and continue to be a combat personnel. However, if one who is soft spoken, less fit and is slightly effeminate, might be given a downgraded PES of PES C and transferred to a service unit. One who cross-dresses, speaks softly and behaves effeminately, might get a downgraded PES status of PES E and transferred to a service unit.

Not 302 gets the same treatment, that's for sure. Most 302 personnels are given only PES C status, it's extremely difficult for you to go any lower unless it is coupled with another medical condition.

Last but not least, just for your information, PES C personnels will NEED to serve reservist. However, 302 PES C personnels will be placed on a HOLDING LIST and activated ONLY when you are needed.

Hope this helps. =)

I did not declare 302 in the army and served my 2.5 years in a combat vocation, and have just completed my full reservist cycle. I am not the fit type and always failed my IPPTs but I managed to get by. Come to think about, the army is really not a big deal, just learn to hide one corner and blend in, and you will be fine. Unless, you are am attention seeker and want to be a hero, then it's another story.........

Personally, I think it is better to go through BMT like any other guys and finish it. Though I was not physically fit before I entered NS, but I still managed to go through the course. It is better to complete your NS through the normal path than to declare 302 as if you need to apply for a job in the Civil Service or a scholarship, it will not look good on your resume.

Guest -touch-
hey all, i'll be enlisting in a few days time and i was wondering if anyone could give any advice on any issues that would surface to a gay guy. like maybe what happens if i have an erection..or stuff like that..thanks!=)

So only GAY men can have erection lah? Don't be silly. Do u thinik u have the opportunity to go naked and parade your erection in the shower room. Remember one thing: U cannot shower until at the end of your day in the army. It is punishable by your NCOs or Officers if you are caught naked anywhere in the army barracks without a valid reason. So what's the issue dear?

Also, u are NOT the only GAY in the barrack. Your generation is littered with GAYs. So what's the deal here? U are a non-issue. Instead of worrying about where to hide your erection, I strongly urge u to focus on the quality of your erection. Is yours 6.5" or what? Is it thick and promising with cum? Use it to your advantage lah.

Anyway, when u wake up in the morning, the first thing u see between the legs of your fellow bunkmates are their ELECTED penises, men. Hope that answers the question why in the 70-90s, we were forced to put on very tight fatigue purplish blue shorts when sleeping.

Guest -touch-
I've always wondered say if a guy declares 302 in the army and a few years after he ORDed, and meets a woman to warrant him being str8 or at least bi, can he get married without getting into trouble with the law?

Please, do u think 302 is meant to cover YOUR ass or the ARMY AUTHORITY's arses? If u declared urselves as 302, u becomes the JOKE of your camp and the army writes you off conveniently. NOTHING untoward should happen to you because u are excused from military training. But most of the 302 feels compelled to act sissified and alas! do you think acting is easy. Not unless it is a natural.

Your generation is GEN Z - your batch is littered with GAYs. Just take the training as it comes. Military training in BMT is now an open joke. So just wink it.

Guest -touch-
I've always wondered say if a guy declares 302 in the army and a few years after he ORDed, and meets a woman to warrant him being str8 or at least bi, can he get married without getting into trouble with the law?

Your 302 status is with SAF. Who cares about u after the SAF dumps u. They are only too glad.

Please, do u think 302 is meant to cover YOUR ass or the ARMY AUTHORITY's arses? If u declared urselves as 302, u becomes the JOKE of your camp and the army writes you off conveniently. NOTHING untoward should happen to you because u are excused from military training. But most of the 302 feels compelled to act sissified and alas! do you think acting is easy. Not unless it is a natural.

Your generation is GEN Z - your batch is littered with GAYs. Just take the training as it comes. Military training in BMT is now an open joke. So just wink it.

I take it as a compliment that you still think I am Gen Z even though I ORDed about 10 years ago!! :lol:

To get your dick erected, you will need to have sexual thoughts. This is not something out of your control. Just try not to have naughty thoughts (which i agree with Stoner, you hardly have the time), i should think everything is fine. Anyway, these days the shower rooms come with partitions and doors. So, at most just jerk off when you are horny.

I would only encourage ppl to declare they are 302 if they are effeminate and are sure to be "bullied". Else. even if you are proud to be an AJ, i guess given the still conservative and discriminatory society, there is no need to out yourself in this manner. Just go through the 2 years and you will realise it's nothing more than a waste of time.

The whole universal has not accepted Gay as a normative icon readily as yet.

There are more closeted men than Out men.

If you wish to declare, you would have OUT to so many people long, long ago.

I have no intention to tease my comrade but tend to agree with some viewers' advise:unless your behaviour are so effeminance even have to put on Peking Opera Cosmatics, the fact that whether you declear or not, the matured adults all would sensible enough to judge and realized of your sexual orientation.

Ultimately, it is a preference of your decision after listen to so many advices and you are smart enough to learn to be responsible for your own decision if you want to a soldier and later a soldier in life regarless you are gay or straight. Basically you just have to confront to the life challenges ahead.

Good luck, dear and experience your life with pride, courage and wisdom.

Edited by GKS

hi guys, pls see the first message question by curious. He did not mention any declare for 302. dunno y suddenly so many ppl advise on 302. Pls focus on the concerned issues by him.

i remembered that during my BMT days, halfway through BMT, 2 of my platoon mate declared 302 halfway... and suddenly, the bathroom have a cubicle fitted with shower bind just for them.

with regard to the way we treated them.... nothing much changed.

if you got no intention of declaring.... then be as str8 acting as you can ba. trust me.... after spending the whole day doing workout, out field... you won't have much time for erection.

Gay people are not a special breed, they are also just normal man who walk the street, the only difference will be that their love interest is man. but even having said that.. gay people do not generally go for ALL man.

The same theory goes for some str8 man having girls as their good fren. dun worry to much when you enlist. just enjoy your BMT. You might not see it now, but one day in future when you look back, you will realise that BMT is actually the most fun part in your army life.

\

Agreed what you sya about bmt life....

• 2 years later...
Guest Thunder Boy

Hi,

I got a burning question to ask everyone.

Is it better to declare 302 when serving the SAF?

Is there any advantages/disadvantages doing so?

I am a closeted gay and I have been acting straight all the while.

I guess my acting looks to real that know one know that I am gay.

All these while, I have been behaving like how a straight guy should behaves.

When someone talks to me about girl stuffs or ask me if I have a girlfriend, I would pretend to have a conversation with them so they would not suspect that I am one. Including my superiors.

But I am sick of doing or this things. I am sick of pretending and acting. I just don't feel myself doing all this things. I just do it so as to blend into the platoon and not be an outcast and be discriminated if they find out.

You think I should declare 302? There is no reservist if I am not wrong?

I need advice and opinions about this... :huh:

Hi,

When someone talks to me about girl stuffs or ask me if I have a girlfriend, I would pretend to have a conversation with them so they would not suspect that I am one. Including my superiors.

But I am sick of doing or this things. I am sick of pretending and acting. I just don't feel myself doing all this things. I just do it so as to blend into the platoon and not be an outcast and be discriminated if they find out.

I really advise against it. Although you MAY be able to excuse yourself from the 2 years (psychiatrist letter needed), the question will pop up somewhere down the road. Especially when you apply up for a job/school. What will you say when asked "Why did you not serve National Service?", and depending on your reply may reflect badly on you and/or affect your application.

In my humble opinion, just do the 2 years and 10 years reservist cycle and move on after that.

i think you should listen to someone who has declared 302 before.

i have. and i regretted NOT doing so EARLIER!!!

however, i am not sure now if it is still worth it, but if you wanna declare, pls do so before BMT!!!

and also, they do not discriminate you, cos after i declare, i could still teach in school, go uni, etc..., and also apparently, other govt dept dunno...

in my opinion, it was the best thing i have ever done, cos i have NO RESERVIST!!! hahahahahaha

Guest Guest

Pls do not declare 302. I'm strongly against it as well.

What is your main purpose of declaring 302? So that you will have an easier NS life? Not true at all in the recent years. I heard SAF is starting to relax the rules and as long as you are medically fit, you will still be in combat and go outfield etc. Not sure whether you need to serve reservist but come on, reservist is like a holiday camp, it's more like a break from working life and stress. Reservist is good for networking and making friends, there is totally nothing to worry about.

By declaring 302, it's like a mark in your life. Its a government record for your whole life. Come on, why do you wanna get identified and marked? It works the same as a criminal record. I dun think you will be able to work in the civil service. You might say no big deal, you are not going to work for the government. But who knows? You still have many decades to go. Even big MNCs or big private companies will check your record with the government. Why get yourself into all these?

Trust me, there are so many closetted gays in the SAF. Even your PC or the hot captain you saw might be gay. But nobody declare. It's just plain stupid. Just blend in with the rest. Before you know it, you will be looking forward to ORD. You dun wanna regret for the stupid choice you make in the 2 years.

however, i am not sure now if it is still worth it, but if you wanna declare, pls do so before BMT!!!

and also, they do not discriminate you, cos after i declare, i could still teach in school, go uni, etc..., and also apparently, other govt dept dunno...

in my opinion, it was the best thing i have ever done, cos i have NO RESERVIST!!! hahahahahaha

I agreed with trevorcantona.

I declared 302 before I served BMT and I did a modified BMT and later was posted to a clerical vocation.

After I finished my NS, there was no reservist or IPPT and I went on to get a sponsored education from the govt and later went on to work in Govt service for 5 years. After which I went on to work in a Stat Board for another 3 years, all without any issues. It seems that 302 status will not be made known to other Govt depts after your NS.

However do note that when you declare 302 during pre-enlistment check up or during NS, you will be sent for a psychiatric assessment and your parent will be called up for an interview on your sexual orientation.

At the end of the day, you have to understand your intentions of declaring 302 and you will have to face the consequences of coming out to your parents and immediate family.

Personally I dont think u should.

Also, as far as i know, only transexuals are excused from reservists, not all 302 cases are.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

What is your main purpose of declaring 302? So that you will have an easier NS life? Not true at all in the recent years. I heard SAF is starting to relax the rules and as long as you are medically fit, you will still be in combat and go outfield etc. Not sure whether you need to serve reservist but come on, reservist is like a holiday camp, it's more like a break from working life and stress. Reservist is good for networking and making friends, there is totally nothing to worry about.

By declaring 302, it's like a mark in your life. Its a government record for your whole life. Come on, why do you wanna get identified and marked? It works the same as a criminal record. I dun think you will be able to work in the civil service. You might say no big deal, you are not going to work for the government. But who knows? You still have many decades to go. Even big MNCs or big private companies will check your record with the government. Why get yourself into all these?

Trust me, there are so many closetted gays in the SAF. Even your PC or the hot captain you saw might be gay. But nobody declare. It's just plain stupid. Just blend in with the rest. Before you know it, you will be looking forward to ORD. You dun wanna regret for the stupid choice you make in the 2 years.

1. i agree that nowadays the benefit not so good liao, but it is still worth a try. if you wanna keng, say that you kanna bully and others called you ah gua (tat is how i forced through my case hmmm...)

2. it is not a mark in your life and other companies will not check. cos you still served NS and you can always jus say medical reason. anyway, if a company does not accept ajs, i say dun work for them.

3. it is not stupid to declare. looking back, it is retarded NOT to declare and even more intellectually challenged to suggest that it is stupid to declare, all from someone who has never had the actual experience of declaring!!!

4. and it is this kind of attitude that has condoned 377A to be kept!!! if we amongst ourselves are scared of telling others who we are, who are we to ask others to accept us?!?! :swear:

Edited by trevorcantona

Guest Guest

You mentioned you are closeted, as pointed by another poster if you declare 302, they invite parents down for an interview as well. So, the most important you have to ask yourself are you ready to be "out", are your family and friends to accept your sexuality and are you ready to out yourself to them?

Guest amidst_the_stars

Hi,

If you are brave enough to withstand the possible onslaught of discrimination , and wanna be excluded(OCS, BMT, SISPEC, Field Camp) from the grinds of what encompasses a typical NSF experience in the course of their 2 years, then declare.

But personally I don't think you should. NS can be a memorable/shitty experience in some ways or another and if u declare, it's equivalent to Tara going back to the meds to stop her personalities from emerging , however numbing herself of the way she experiences life in return(wiki United States Of Tara if you don't get my point).

I understand your predicament, you are sick of acting and putting up a facade in front of others. However many ajs have manage to do that and survive NS, albeit making good friends along the way. If you wish to declare, I will applaud you for your bravery to be true to yourself but like the Guest mentioned, you must be prepared to not only out yourself to SAF, but to your parents as well because they will definitely be invited down for an interview in regards to your declaration.

I hope you will make the choice that you can be most comfortable with. Ganbatte.

Edited by amidst_the_stars

mind asking, What's really on your mind?

Gay just because like man, beside that nothing different from the rest.

is it so difficult & ashame to say " NO " gf? you don't need to be loud & tell everyone your true identity, not all straight guys like to gossip & talk dirty.

I am sick of pretending and acting... I just do it so as to blend into the platoon and not be an outcast and be discriminated if they find out.

just frank to yourself, you intend to declare cos you want to be honest or you want to be more relax there & " escape " from reservist only, i think the answer is within you, balance it & make a wise decision, good luck

Edited by snowball

Guest alien

If u r str8 acting and no one know that u are gay from your behaviour, i dun think u need to declare 302. If u want to declare 302 just to escapr reservist, i feel it is not a "wise" decision. Just go and complete 2 yrs of ns and then reservist. Sometimes it is quite an memories having going thru the entire life in the army.

Anyway, if u are sick of those conversation having to pretend girls talk with your army mates, i think u just have to accept it if u dun intend to let others know tht u are gay. Even later part of your life when u start working, u still have to face the same situation with your colleague and bosses.

I been to quite a few forum and read on their NS post. It seem like majority of the teenager at ur age when they need to enlist NS, they always have the mind of hmmm... scared? afraid? or etc.. before they enlist or going to enlist.

Actually going NS is just a new stage of life that we need to go through. (except the gals)=X

After NS will be another stage of life and so on...

To your question, it seems like to me you want to escape the 2yrs NS, reservist and IPPT. Ofcos, many pple will says this NS is a waste of time to all mens life. Frankly speaking, going through this NS can let us turn more mature into looking at things and other benefits as well.

I dont see the purpose of declaring 302. It seem to me you only want ur 2yrs NS life to be relax and no physical training torture, after 2yrs say bye bye to NS forever.

As u also mention you're sick of pretending and acting, and just don't feel urself doing all this things. Actually you can do it immediately or on the next minutes to your friends and family and why must u wait for the day when u going to enlist NS???

I don't think Thunder Boy said anything about eschewing NS. He merely wanted to know the risks and benefits thereof.

Personally, I don't understand the purpose of declaring - kinda daft. Does anyone declare they are heterosexual? No. So why does anyone need to identify their sexual orientation if different? For this reason alone, I wouldn't declare it. BUT, that's not to say you need to live the lie anymore. You can still come out to people that matter to you - own time, own target, really!

The govt (and army) worry that we will give secrets away for fear of exposure through some blackmail scheme perhaps. The reason your parents are called in, I suspect, is that with this declaration, you'd be out to the people you are most likely to worry about when threatened with exposure.

Govt already don't give two hoots about gays in public service (not yet politicians, perhaps), in the army, as long as you're able and fit, do they still let you off? Don't know leh.

Good luck, Thunder Boy - you sound wise enough to know what you really want.

Guest Serve NS

Do your duty and serve NS!

Does not matter if you are gay or not.

As long as u are fit its your duty.

• G_M changed the title to Should I Declare I am Gay during NS ? + Advise for Declaring 302 (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • Guest locked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.