Male HQ

German Volume Training

Guest Teutonic

Guest Teutonic

Anyone tried out this training regime? I'm trying hard to bulk up and read that this is more effective than high weight/low rep. Basically, it's 10 sets of 10 reps at 60% of one rep max. Only one compound exercise like bench press for chest and pull up for back, followed by a supplemental exercise of 3 sets of 12 reps, such as incline fly and seated row.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest Guess hello

I did GVT for squats before, seriously I think this is the most effective workout. However, always go for weight that you would think too easy to start with, as done correctly, your muscle would be screaming during the sixth or seventh set. I trained once every week for GVT for a month, then repeated the cycles either with slower tempo or slightly heavier weight. The forth session in a cycle should be a deload aka you half the number of sets to five.

On 8/24/2017 at 2:09 AM, Guest Teutonic said:

Anyone tried out this training regime? I'm trying hard to bulk up and read that this is more effective than high weight/low rep. Basically, it's 10 sets of 10 reps at 60% of one rep max. Only one compound exercise like bench press for chest and pull up for back, followed by a supplemental exercise of 3 sets of 12 reps, such as incline fly and seated row.

must eat Eat EAT EAT

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.