Male HQ

Still using retro technology like VCR ?

HendryTan

• 1 month later...

This prompts a question from me. I have a bunch of old VCR tapes that I would like converted to a digital format. Where can I get this done in Singapore being assured that the staff will be careful with those old VCR tapes to avoid mishaps and give my project individualized care from start to finish? Thanks for any recommendations.

4 hours ago, Guest VHS said:

This prompts a question from me. I have a bunch of old VCR tapes that I would like converted to a digital format. Where can I get this done in Singapore being assured that the staff will be careful with those old VCR tapes to avoid mishaps and give my project individualized care from start to finish? Thanks for any recommendations.

pm me..

I still have tons of old vinyl in my storeroom - of course, most of them dated back to the 60s, 70s and 80s before the advent of CDs.  I tend to agree that the sound quality is much "original" than those downloaded MP3.  Anyone here can recommend a good/cheap turntable?

Back to VCR..the heydays were definitely the late 70s/early 80s...the days when TVB serials ruled..and I can still recall rewinding tapes machines..ha ha ..老饼了。。

43 minutes ago, abang said:

I still have tons of old vinyl in my storeroom - of course, most of them dated back to the 60s, 70s and 80s before the advent of CDs.  I tend to agree that the sound quality is much "original" than those downloaded MP3.  Anyone here can recommend a good/cheap turntable?

Back to VCR..the heydays were definitely the late 70s/early 80s...the days when TVB serials ruled..and I can still recall rewinding tapes machines..ha ha ..老饼了。。

abang pm me...i got lobang for turntable - brand techno technica.

i mean brand new budget which i been sourcing for almost 6mth.

ps - one condition must share your vinyl for me to listen like a library to me.

VCR those HK series - after school home work aside start from lunch sit until dinner to quick shower n dinner.

those were the days, neighbour share rental among each other. i pay the bills then split in the end - i got to watch free and first. My mum say i cheating but my neighbour think otherwise, she say she prefer that way because i help and hassle free for her. After all, she still have to pay for the rental.

i guess there where i pick up Cantonese dialect and utilise while in HongKong in work to communicate - like breaking ice instantly while other singaporean having alot of hard time. I remember first week already out for dinner and hosting - talking about HK tv stars gossip. Seriously, LKY did a very bad bad policy to ban dialect and now we start to globalizing with China instead of USA. Thank god my mum alway encourage to mingle with neighbour except indian if not i can speak fluent with FT and town coucil staff.

i remember i was lost in kaoshiong those old house lane, i ask for help in english and mandarin but they just shake their head - after i start to use hokkien - they start to listen, another version of hokkien from singapore. Abit of strange but able to grasp the meaning for mono word. Guess what i was invite to go their house for meal and show me the direction out personally instead of direction. You can say i m lucky but i m sure is the language that break the barrier.

Edited by Firday

Yeah I'm also listening to CDs and vinyls still...

streaming is convenient but you won't get liner notes etc. my approach to music is that every album is an art form - the sequencing says a lot...

im pretty much old skool even though I have digital subscriptions on music and videos website.

i still use a pen and notebook to take down thoughts and whatnots...

Lol

Hi, not really related to the topic discussed in this thread, I have a huge collection of laser disc and cassette tapes. Laser discs are mainly mando, canto mtv karaoke songs while cassette tapes are song albums.

Anyone knows where I can sell them or convert them into digital formats since players are no longer available now

1 hour ago, Singroc said:

Hi, not really related to the topic discussed in this thread, I have a huge collection of laser disc and cassette tapes. Laser discs are mainly mando, canto mtv karaoke songs while cassette tapes are song albums.

Anyone knows where I can sell them or convert them into digital formats since players are no longer available now

Me too....huge collection of laser disc from chinese movies to hollywood movies. Over few hundred pieces still kept in store room.

Last year, i have  thrown away about 100 pieces of concert & karaoke laser disc.

Always wanted to throw away those chinese & hollywood movies but can't bear to throw them. Why m i wasting so much money last time buying them!

• Guest locked this topic