Male HQ

Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)

Guest 2727

Guest tylr

looking for a travel buddy for a trip to Japan! :D

free mid may to end june, probably doing sightseeing around tokyo, might probably heading to Hakone for a 2 day trip.

am 25years old 172 67, and unfortunately can't speak japanese. ^_^

hey got an email or smth? would like to chat you up  :D

Guest baxday

Hello everyone, someone can tell me a little bit more about the Masquerade ?? About the wear and the place, place for top or btm ect...

Thank you :D

Hello everyone, someone can tell me a little bit more about the Masquerade ?? About the wear and the place, place for top or btm ect...

Thank you :D

Just scroll up a bit and you would have found my tiny short review on Masquerade....

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9053&p=567945

I didn't like it at all.. it's tiny, no showers...

Guest baxday

Just scroll up a bit and you would have found my tiny short review on Masquerade....

http://www.blowingwind.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=9053&p=567945

I didn't like it at all.. it's tiny, no showers...

Yeah i saw it but im looking for more infirmation about this place. There is more top or bottom ? For example today is the Blowjob event. Im bottom so if its a place with more top... Im interesting :P

And about the wear, its like a bar or you have to be half naked?

Hi,

I am 25 years old.

is Ron in Shin-Nakano still opened?

I heard and read about it and I am interested. I would like to meet someone there to "help" him.
I don't care about age and body, I just want to have some light fun.  ;) 
Any advice about Ron? or about other similar places?
Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

Can somone list some cheap airlines to travel to Tokyo Narita Airport, besides Jetstar?

There are no rules about cheap or not cheap.... sometimes, budget airlines (Scoot flies to Narita) can be more expensive than regular airlines.

But most of the times, the cheapest ones:

With one stop-over, are:

Cathay Pacific

Vietnam Airlines

China Eastern

China Southern

For direct flights:

Scoot

United Airlines

Delta Airlines

(very often all the above at less than $1000)

Japan Airlines

ANA

Singapore Airlines (usually most expensive)

Up to you to see what you're ready to give up with those 1 stop flights... length of total flight (can be quite long), connections, times of departure and arrival, etc...

Edited by Enelym1978

Can somone list some cheap airlines to travel to Tokyo Narita Airport, besides Jetstar?

If you are intending to fly in Q3 2013, SIA is offering some promotional fares from 619 SGD.

Flying in and out of Narita does seem to maximise my holiday.

I flew out of Narita at 9pm via SIA last year.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

SIA generally doesn't have very good timings back from Tokyo to me. Personally I only like the midnight back from Haneda (which is seldom discounted), the other Haneda departure is around 6+am which does not interest me. From Narita there's one that leaves late morning which is fine but you have to be up quite early since Narita is not exactly close to Tokyo, and the other one arrives in Singapore at a weird time in the middle of the night. Their flight times to Tokyo are fine though.

I prefer ANA/JAL. They both have a 5+pm Narita and midnight Haneda flight back to SG so you have a choice.

United and Delta are fine on the way back, but the timings there suck. (6/7am departure form SG)

Scoot is direct to Tokyo but has a stopover in Taipei so unless its exceptionally cheap you might as well be on Cathay if you don't mind a stopover.

Yeah sorry, don't know why Scoot shows as "direct".... it does stop in Taipei to unload and load passengers. You don't really change plane though.

Out of Narita is fine with me, it's just a pain to get there.... I find the airport limousine bus more appropriate if you're staying at the hotels it stops at. Because you don't need to drag your suitcase in the subways and train stations, not always suitcase friendly as they don't always have escalators.

Price wise it's the same: 3000 Yen for the bus, 3115 (more or less) Yen out of Shinjuku for Narita Express.

Haneda is much easier and closer but I don't like their flight times... (with SQ that is).

MAS is generally cheaper ($620 when on sale) than Scoot, and that's even before you add on the baggage, meal and entertainment charges. The downside to MAS though is that the return flight on Sundays is in the morning (10.30am). You can save 1 night in the hotel by returning on Saturday, where there is a night flight (10pm).

Do note though that the last train to Narita Airport (Keisei Skyliner) ends at around 5.20pm, so you'll have to leave for Narita Airport early if you're flying MAS. I assumed that the trains would be running up until the last flight and almost didn't notice this detail. Fortunately, something made me check the train time-table the night before. Keisei Skyliner (Y2,400) is faster and cheaper than Narita Express. If saving money is important, there's the slower (but less frequent) Keisei Access Express or even the Keisei Main Line.

AirAsia flies to Haneda and can be very cheap, provided you do not fly with check-in luggage (they charge for both the SIN-KUL and onward leg for luggage, which can come up to $100 just for a piece of luggage :swear: ). Their timings suck too, unless you're ok with wasting a day flying (dep morning, arr 11pm).

I tend to go with Delta or MAS because of the price. Other than SQ, there really aren't any airlines that have great timings for both outward and inward journeys.

indeed, to me time is money and i heard alot of bad experience w delays by budget

Delta, sq, maybe amer airline(or something like that)

I tend to go with Delta or MAS because of the price. Other than SQ, there really aren't any airlines that have great timings for both outward and inward journeys.

SQ does have some good flight timings, but mostly out and to Narita. Or you can try a combo of both airports.

But with random dates in September, you can fly SQ for $623:

Fly out on SQ638 at 23:55 and arrive next morning at 8:00

Fly back on SQ637 at 11:10 and land in Singapore same day at 17:20

They have quite some options, it's just a matter of your timing preferences and/or price. For the exact same dates as above, but paying full economy ($1511), you have all flights available to you. For me it would be:

Fly out on SQ638 (as above) or SQ5902 (operated by ANA), flying out just a bit later at 00:45 and landing at 8:45

Fly back on SQ5901 (operated by ANA) at 17:35 and arrive at 23:40.

This way, you can fly out let's say Thursday night, you have Friday, Saturday all day and Sunday morning to explore Tokyo. That is if you wanna do a short extended weekend trip.

But night flights to Tokyo are the best to save on one hotel night and to enjoy a full day there when you land. If you can sleep easily on a plane and don't need 9h of sleep.... go for it. Drop your bags at the hotel reception, since they will not let you check in that early (Japanese hotels tend to be very strict on chec-in times, around 2 or 3PM).

Finding cheap flights to anywhere in the world follows the same rules: how flexible are you regarding taking days off? Flying on weekdays is usually cheaper than on Fridays and Sundays. How much time are you willing to spend travelling (direct or connecting flights), do you want to earn miles on that flight? are you checking-in bags or do you need to eat during the flight (to consider budget airlines).

If you're flexible, play around with the dates in order to secure the cheapest rate. Lots of online booking engine let you view a week or even an entire month with the different prices.

Good luck.

Edited by Enelym1978

1. I just did a tour of Osaka for SGD 254.00. This is for 2 way ticket inclusive of tax.

Airline : Jetstar.

2. This price is only available for selected days. The deal is still on-going.

jsosaka.jpg

PS: As pointed out below, this price is only for ONE WAY.

Edited by HendryTan

1. I will be posting some details of my recent trip to Osaka.

2. Visited a gay pub recommended by Utopia: Town Space H2.

Address : 4-3-16 Chuo-ku, 5th floor GT-Town.

Namba (on the street behind the big old Kabuki theater)

I suggest you take a look at GoogleMaps and street view photo of the building.

People: Very friendly pub master Hiroshi and his part-time bartender (different part-timer daily) who will sing Karaoke with the guest. Customers and master speaks Japanese and some English. The master knows a bit of Chinese too.

The door says Members-Only but they welcome walk-in customers.

Most important, Town Space welcomes Foreigners.

The master told me that there are 14 (?) gay pubs in that building alone.

Price : 1500 Yen (Approx SGD 20) inclusive of a drink and some food on their menu that day.

Opening hours : 8pm to 3am daily

3. I took a picture of the master and his part time bartender with their permission. I told them I will post their picture in a Singapore AJ forum. So if you drop by Osaka and visit them, say hello for BlowingWind Forum :)

jp_osaka_townspace_h2.jpg

Not sure how you got the return fare for free, it is more likely you did not select the return trip yet :)

Anyways, I'm thinking of SIN-OSA NRT-SIN during CNY period and if the budget airlines are cheap enough, OSA-OKA on a side trip. MAS is selling for $570 which for CNY, is dirt cheap. The yen though, is skyrocketing again  :blink:

1. I just did a tour of Osaka for SGD 254.00. This is for 2 way ticket inclusive of tax.

Airline : Jetstar.

2. This price is only available for selected days. The deal is still on-going.

---

bearlover: I guess you are right.

My trip was organised by my straight friend. The price was indeed SGD 250+ for the round-trip.

But he told us it was a SPECIAL LOW PRICE PROMOTION by Jetstar which we must pay in Feb 2013.

Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers !

Hendry Tan

3. I took a picture of the master and his part time bartender with their permission. I told them I will post their picture in a Singapore AJ forum. So if you drop by Osaka and visit them, say hello for BlowingWind Forum :)

jp_osaka_townspace_h2.jpg

I will be in Osaka next Monday & Tuesday. Will try to drop by.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

1. The pub master told me that there are 2 gay saunas in Osaka.

osaka_sauna.png

2. Some Jap gay pub and spa do not welcome foreigners. The trick is to check their websites, if they have a special English language page it means it welcomes foreigners, otherwise why do they bother to create a English page.

Oh wow that is pretty good and cheap. Though not necessarily going to the areas in Tokyo I usually stay at but if you don't have many luggages, that's fine to switch to train and metro.

Osaka is quite boring. Kyoto and Nara is better. Only spend 1 night in Osaka and didn't really like it. Just another busy city.

So true, even without stepping it, i know osaka is damned boring....(dont ask me why, just based on my love for japan and gut feel) and i have been to japan more than 5 times

alot choose to "go" osaka (not for business reasons) is because those budget airlines usually will land in osaka

Anyone know of any cheap airline that fly  (fr Sg) to fukuoka or from tokyo to fukuoka/kagoshima area? Yes, must be direct flight

[when a trip is meant to travel, it is meant to enjoy in that particular ctry that you aim to experience, not spending $(time is $) in the air travelling and changing flight/waiting...]

Just returned from Japan. I think I overstayed there that I almost became Japanese.

Walked around Shinjuku 2-chome for 3 nights and 1 night around Shimbashi to enter Townhouse but it was fundoshi night so I didn't enter. I had a morning flight home anyway.

I'm still blushing after one Japanese uncle called me handsome boy.  :oops:

He thought I was Japanese until I told him myself.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

• 2 weeks later...

@lovehandle,

The only direct flight to FUK is SQ lo. Another option is Thai, quite good connection. Out of Sin at 2100, 1 hr transit in BKK, arrived FUK at 0900. The schedule is 1 hr difference with SQ.

Out of Tokyo, from Narita to FUK could check Jetstar/Airasia. From Haneda, semi budget airlines are Skymark/Starflyer (incl baggage allowance). Advance purchase (>50 days) with ANA/JAL is quite competitive with semi budget. Sometimes Japanese airlines limit domestic flight reservation up to 2 months in advance only (except for Jetstar/Airasia).

So true, even without stepping it, i know osaka is damned boring....(dont ask me why, just based on my love for japan and gut feel) and i have been to japan more than 5 times

alot choose to "go" osaka (not for business reasons) is because those budget airlines usually will land in osaka

Anyone know of any cheap airline that fly  (fr Sg) to fukuoka or from tokyo to fukuoka/kagoshima area? Yes, must be direct flight

[when a trip is meant to travel, it is meant to enjoy in that particular ctry that you aim to experience, not spending $(time is $) in the air travelling and changing flight/waiting...]

I think Osaka still has some saving grace - 1. it's a convenient stop on the way to Kyoto and 2. the food!

The Japanese city I'd never go to is Nagoya, plus Tokyo/Osaka is so much more convenient from SG

@takeitoff, true abt nagoya

but i wanted to go hiroshima to look at the museum and the place that is bombed

do u visit saunas in japan too?

I think Osaka still has some saving grace - 1. it's a convenient stop on the way to Kyoto and 2. the food!

The Japanese city I'd never go to is Nagoya, plus Tokyo/Osaka is so much more convenient from SG

I've been to Hiroshima. It's really just only the memorial, but if you're into history and all you definitely should go there. There's a non-existent gay scene there but you don't need it everywhere you go either.

I don't go to saunas, but I did go to this bar called Dock or Deck. It's also at Shinjuku Nichoume. It's a cruising bar, kinda like a sauna/bar hybrid. The main area is a bar, but there is one dark corner. There are different dress codes for each day, but it's not much of what you wear, but mainly what state of undress you're supposed to be in, from free dress code to underwear only to fully nude.

But it's more of a social place, not like a sauna which is just for one or more quick fuck(s). That place is more open towards foreigners than many other places in Nichoume, but only for Japanese-speaking gaijin, so unless you can speak basic Japanese I don't think you should go.

SQ does have some good flight timings, but mostly out and to Narita. Or you can try a combo of both airports.

But with random dates in September, you can fly SQ for $623:

Fly out on SQ638 at 23:55 and arrive next morning at 8:00

Fly back on SQ637 at 11:10 and land in Singapore same day at 17:20

They have quite some options, it's just a matter of your timing preferences and/or price. For the exact same dates as above, but paying full economy ($1511), you have all flights available to you. For me it would be:

Fly out on SQ638 (as above) or SQ5902 (operated by ANA), flying out just a bit later at 00:45 and landing at 8:45

Fly back on SQ5901 (operated by ANA) at 17:35 and arrive at 23:40.

This way, you can fly out let's say Thursday night, you have Friday, Saturday all day and Sunday morning to explore Tokyo. That is if you wanna do a short extended weekend trip.

But night flights to Tokyo are the best to save on one hotel night and to enjoy a full day there when you land. If you can sleep easily on a plane and don't need 9h of sleep.... go for it. Drop your bags at the hotel reception, since they will not let you check in that early (Japanese hotels tend to be very strict on chec-in times, around 2 or 3PM).

Finding cheap flights to anywhere in the world follows the same rules: how flexible are you regarding taking days off? Flying on weekdays is usually cheaper than on Fridays and Sundays. How much time are you willing to spend travelling (direct or connecting flights), do you want to earn miles on that flight? are you checking-in bags or do you need to eat during the flight (to consider budget airlines).

If you're flexible, play around with the dates in order to secure the cheapest rate. Lots of online booking engine let you view a week or even an entire month with the different prices.

Good luck.

Nice tip. I usually fly one day in advance in the day and pay an extra night for hotel as I am a light sleeper and cannot get a good rest on-board red eye flights. In the end, when I touch down at the destination in the morning, I will be a walking zombie with insufficient sleep and this spoils my holiday throughout as my body is asking for sleep debt repayment. :-)

Nice tip. I usually fly one day in advance in the day and pay an extra night for hotel as I am a light sleeper and cannot get a good rest on-board red eye flights. In the end, when I touch down at the destination in the morning, I will be a walking zombie with insufficient sleep and this spoils my holiday throughout as my body is asking for sleep debt repayment. :-)

Come on, you're still young and fit, pop a sleeping pill before boarding and off you go! :)

Are you planning a trip there soon? Looks like someone caught the travel bug lol

I'll be back there in October.

Come on, you're still young and fit, pop a sleeping pill before boarding and off you go! :)

Are you planning a trip there soon? Looks like someone caught the travel bug lol

I'll be back there in October.

Might head back there if the price is right. You are going back for work I guess?

Guest guest

Just came out from 24 kaikan shinjuku. That place is amazing. I especially like the mist sauna room. Being a weekend, it was crowded the whole night. People still continue to stream in even at the wee hours of the night. There is little chance of peaceful sleep, and unless you get a room on your own, someone will fondle you, and them someone else will come along next. People fuck in the open, so you see everything, and they don't care that you see them have fun. Heading to 24 kaikan at ueno next.

Just came out from 24 kaikan shinjuku. That place is amazing. I especially like the mist sauna room. Being a weekend, it was crowded the whole night. People still continue to stream in even at the wee hours of the night. There is little chance of peaceful sleep, and unless you get a room on your own, someone will fondle you, and them someone else will come along next. People fuck in the open, so you see everything, and they don't care that you see them have fun. Heading to 24 kaikan at ueno next.

I am sure that you will find 24 kaikan Ueno even better!

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey did you have the chance to visit Miyajima (about 1/2 hour by train from Hiroshima, then a 10-minute ferry ride)?

The island is famous as a UNESCO world heritage site for the floating temple gate. The grilled oysters are quite famous too. Would recommend spending the night here in a local ryokan/Japanese inn rather than in Hiroshima.

Miyajima.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I'm travelling to Tokyo from 19-25 sep... ;)

anyone knows whether its possible to take shinkansen from Tokyo to Hokkaido? and how expensive is it? any other place on Honshu itself where u have nature scenery like Hokkaido, i.e. rows and rows of flowers or natural scenery....

anyone knows whether its possible to take shinkansen from Tokyo to Hokkaido? and how expensive is it? any other place on Honshu itself where u have nature scenery like Hokkaido, i.e. rows and rows of flowers or natural scenery....

The Hokkaido Shinkansen is currently under construction and will only open in 2016. However, the Shinkansen will only extend to Hakodate for now, with future plans for extension to Sapporo.

In short, if you are talking about going to Sapporo, you can't take the Shinkansen completely.

Right now, you can only take it up to Shin-Aomori and board a limited express for Hakodate and subsequently another limited express for Sapporo. 

The journey is a little above 9 hours.

800px-Tokyosapporotrainchart.png

If you are going to Hokkaido via rail, take the JR pass. It will save more money.

As far as I know, a full length Shinkansen ride can cost up to 14000 yen. And for a limited express, around 7000 to 8000 yen, so you may go as high as 30000 yen for a one way trip to Sapporo from Tokyo.

There are many places on Honshu that have beautiful scenery. 

Try Tohoku in autumn if you are going soon.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

The Hokkaido Shinkansen is currently under construction and will only open in 2016. However, the Shinkansen will only extend to Hakodate for now, with future plans for extension to Sapporo.

In short, if you are talking about going to Sapporo, you can't take the Shinkansen completely.

Right now, you can only take it up to Shin-Aomori and board a limited express for Hakodate and subsequently another limited express for Sapporo. 

The journey is a little above 9 hours.

800px-Tokyosapporotrainchart.png

If you are going to Hokkaido via rail, take the JR pass. It will save more money.

As far as I know, a full length Shinkansen ride can cost up to 14000 yen. And for a limited express, around 7000 to 8000 yen, so you may go as high as 30000 yen for a one way trip to Sapporo from Tokyo.

There are many places on Honshu that have beautiful scenery. 

Try Tohoku in autumn if you are going soon.

Tohoku? yup, I going in autumn, mid nov that is.....is tohoku accessible by shinkansen? I'll go chk up the place....btw, mid to end nov, need to bring winter clothing and gloves?

Tohoku? yup, I going in autumn, mid nov that is.....is tohoku accessible by shinkansen? I'll go chk up the place....btw, mid to end nov, need to bring winter clothing and gloves?

Yeah, it is. You can look for Tohoku recommendations.

You can take the Tohoku Shinkansen from Tokyo.

Tohoku will start to be cold earlier so you may need to bring some clothing.

If you drop by Sendai, you can see reconstruction in progress.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

Yeah, it is. You can look for Tohoku recommendations.

You can take the Tohoku Shinkansen from Tokyo.

Tohoku will start to be cold earlier so you may need to bring some clothing.

If you drop by Sendai, you can see reconstruction in progress.

I just checked lonely planet...tohoku is the fukushima disaster zone! isn't it dangerous to go there? I mean reports say there is still radioactive water there leaking into the sea from the reactors......what if u go there and dip in the onsen (hot springs) there or eat the food there? pardon me if I sound paranoid....

I just checked lonely planet...tohoku is the fukushima disaster zone! isn't it dangerous to go there? I mean reports say there is still radioactive water there leaking into the sea from the reactors......what if u go there and dip in the onsen (hot springs) there or eat the food there? pardon me if I sound paranoid....

Yes, Fukushima is in Tohoku. 

It's the disaster-hit area actually.

If you are not comfortable, you can also go to central Japan i.e. Nagoya, Nagano etc where it is safer.

Image00109.jpg

You are my ideal.

You are me.

I plan to travel to central Japan (Tokyo, Nagoya, Kyoto, Osaka) and have a question regarding JR pass.

The 7 day pass costs around 400 SGD, and connects several cities in central Japan, then if I travel within the cities, I read that JR pass can only be used for certain JR lines. Therefore for those who have been to those cities before, for sightseeing and visiting places of interests, is JR pass sufficient or do I still have to use a lot of other transportations?

• G_M changed the title to Tokyo / Fukuoka / Sapporo (Japan ) - Massage / Sauna / Places To Visit (Compiled)
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.