Male HQ

From Bw Archives 53 : 28 May - 07 Jun 2000

HendryTan

06/07/00 23:56:04

Name: Zen

Comments:

Yuki, please tolerate my lack of knowledge. I'm still learning. Erm, what do you see are the "odd things" that have happened? Your analogy of pointing guns at someone's heads does not clarify it.

I'm pleasantly surprised that that in Indonesia, homosexual acts are legal. Nevertheless, the fact that you don't hear Singaporean reactions does not follow that there will not be reactions from religious factions in our neighbouring countries if they see Singapore making changes to the penal code to implicitly allow gay sex. You have only to look 150 miles up in KL to see how they look upon it. It is not hard to see, if you read religious literature to see homosexuality is completely unacceptable for ome religions. I agree totally when you say it may not seem important now, but it will be very important. And when such important changes are to take place (in our legal system, for example), it will neccessarily generate tension among these elements in o r society. To say it may generate international tensions is to carry the argument a bit far I agree, but the strength of your argument is not enough to say it's complete baseless (phantoms).

I'm afraid I have to agree with you when you say there is complacency in Singapore of which I am one of them. Have you ever wondered why so many people can appear to be so complacent? I dunno about the others, but for me presently, I can live my life a a gay pretty well. Not perfect, but really good enough. I pursue my aims and dreams (with no disruptions whatsoever because of my sexuality). Complacency is not enough to describe it, contentment is a better word.

06/07/00 23:48:06

My URL: Visit Me

Comments:

Yuki.. shuddup! Dun drag politics here and stop sounding like a pompous uptight queen. You sound like PAP just castrated your little dick and sewed up your asshole!

06/07/00 22:13:40

Name: roy My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: slim

Your Nationality: Australian

Comments:

Coming to Singapore 10 June (190 cm / 70 kg). Best pool to share fun at YCK? Thanks for any advice.

06/07/00 19:43:24

Name: Yuki

Comments:

pps : Zen, I like the way your complaceny reflects the attitude of the typical singaporean voter. Everything's ok, one is afraid to stand up for ones' rights, and dont be too violent (?), and in the meantime complain and complain. As I said, it might no be urgent now, but it remains important. (see earlier email). Let's hear the pap's pronoucement on this issue. Where do they stand?

06/07/00 19:40:15

Comments:

ps : Zen. I find your comments in some areas laughable. You create phantom problems in your head. For example "what are the repercussions of making homosexuality illegal vis a vis "neighbouring countries" ". ??. ??. ??. ??. I've never heard of any singaporean reactions against it being legal in Indonesia? Please, dont create problems where none exist. And where they exist, the civil servants take care of that. Not that they really take care of it. They just write papers to say that there's no problem once you have determined that you are going to go ahe d.

06/07/00 19:35:08

Comments:

Can't agree more with GD. And as Charles said too - its fine if everything's OK, but once things are not, there's no protection. You just have to look north 150 miles to KL to see how this has been used against Anwar. Those who ask "what gay rights are and "what next after your gext gay rights" should have their heads examined therefore. Go look into the internet please. Who's Lim Swee Say? Just exactly who is he and does he represent the views of the more "pro-active" members of the current politic l party? The confusion surrounding gay rights is considerable - what would others think, what is the government's track record etc etc. But as I always say, these are the surrounding issues. When the loaded gun's pointing at the other person's head, th other person thoughts magically become clarified and simplified. The next time "odd" things happen to you and your freedoms get curbed, please rememeber the GE.

06/07/00 15:23:15

Name: GD

Comments:

So, why is gay rights important?

All these gay rights issues remind me of the Chinese in Indonesia. In good times, the Chinese, who are 2nd class citizens, are not liked by the Indonesians, but they are tolerated. In bad times, they are most conveniently used as scapegoats to divert atte tion from institutional follies.

And what is 'acceptance' to the Chinese in Indonesia?

It is the recognition that the Chinese are also human beings, that most Chinese are law-abiding, productive citizens deserving of rights enjoyed by other Indonesians. It is the firm belief that the Chinese should not choose to live as second class citizen even when they are living in material prosperity.

Now, is gay rights a sham?

06/07/00 14:58:59

Name: Ricky

My Email: Email Me

Comments:

You were waering long blue sleeves shirt with a cream color vest, we met in the loo at Drama Ctr after a play, You smile at me, if you know who you are, pls reply.

06/07/00 13:09:48

Comments:

Yuki, I'm rather impressed by the intensity of your words. I see also quite clearly that you are not someone who would blindly accept other people's words without first assessing it for yourself. I applaud you for this. My personal interpretation of wh t you said is that we can use our vote to register our grieviance (whether or not we are a minority is beside the point), the grieviance in this case being unjust legislation against gays. This is perfectly alright. Sal's point, and a few others, meanwhil , is that we should also take into consideration other factors when we vote, like the government's track record etc etc. Would you two agree on at least these two points? I would like to think so.

This aside, your view that Sal is merely parroting the government and the inference that he lacks independent thought is not accurate. He's pointing out what he observed to be true during his work with the authorities, namely, that we get to enjoy priv te liberty as long as we do nothing violent to affect the status quo. I find it a valid observation although I still think the status quo is unjust.

Anyway, I think we should just debate the issue without making personal attacks, which does nothing constructive at all.

I guess we all want some changes, among others, the taking away the clause in the penal code that says sexual acts in private are illegal. I would agree there is a dilemma here: we want change, but we do not want change in the comfort we currently enjo . Put another way, we haven't found consensus which is the best way to effect change with minimal repercussions from the rest of society. The high and mighty people, they have a greater list of agenda to follow. They need to worry about the same repercuss ons we worry, and they have also to consider international impact. (ie. How would the neighbouring countries react if homosexual acts are implicitly legalised, knowing their religious orientations, which are elements present in our society anyway.) Seems o me their current stand is, status quo serve the overall well-being of the nation as a whole. How should we respond in an equally responsible and rational way to these valid concerns of theirs? Unless we address their needs, our voice would be more easil brushed aside.

Okie, you guys take care. And ya, Auscent, maybe can mail me? 8-)

06/07/00 13:09:13

Name: humble

Comments:

Funny that alot of people want gay acceptance. Championing under a huge empty rally banner that screams "WE WANT GAY RIGHTS WE WANT GAY RECOGNITION IN SINGAPORE". Hmmm.....define RIGHTS first and define ACCEPTANCE....acceptance for what may I ask? legal a ceptance for sex between fellow sex? But we are already doing that legal or illegal regardless. Check out today's New Paper what Minister Lim Swee Say said: "what people do with their sex orientation behind close doors thats up to them" So if the govt doe not bother whats behind close doors (regardless of gay being legal or illegal), what do we want acceptance for? Legal rights in case we are caught? remember straight guys will also be charge if they are caught performing anal sex with real girls or if th y have oral sex perform on them by their wives BEHIND CLOSE DOORS. So while I am all for a more liberal plu life in singapore, I still find all this loud demanding for gay rights and recognition a total sham. An empty banner with no substance simply wanti g to "advertise" the plu life. Even if we have the go-ahead from the authorities, then what? Look at one another and think of what to do with it??? Even if we have legal rights does not make any of plu relationship more endearing. Attached guys will still cruise behind their bf backs, plus will still engage in toilet sex. Guys will still fall in and out of relationships. Relationships will still split up. So what do we really want???

06/07/00 11:05:58

Comments:

ps : The common assumption made by Ast and Sal is that small fractions dont matter. Again, odd that intelligent people should say this. (1) fractions add up. (2) fractions can have dis-proportionate weight in marginal results. You might (or probably n t) know that the ultra-right parties in Israel have enormous power arising from their small "swing-vote" in the coalition. Im afraid you speak as though you have no idea.

06/07/00 11:00:24

Comments:

There's no need to use statistical measures, regressions or otherwise. (1) Are they doing enough to promote gay rights? (2) Do they know they are doing (not doing) enough? (3) Do they know that they will lose votes. No need for complicated statistica techniques here. Gathering the information might very well be illegal. In fact I think it is. Information regards voter's characteristics is not material to be passed on to any politcal party. Gay rights - the immediate de-criminalisation of gay sex Rights to inheritance and marriage. Rights to forums and other methods of free speech regarding matters that are of immediate concern to our community. Which part of these things are you a stranger to?

06/07/00 10:58:09

Name: LoveJuice4U My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: suckmedry

Your Fav Body Type: feminine Your Nationality: sporean

Comments:

A macho looking chn40+, standing at 174/66kg is waiting for somone to pamper my cock tonight. preferably u are chn who has a place of your own. hurry email me now. I m hard/horny and ready to explode in your eager awaiting mouth.

06/07/00 09:20:16

Name: Astaroth

Your Fav Body Type: Dunno

Comments:

Oh, forgot to ask. What is the deal this few days with all these PTIs and Commandoes asking for sex? Good lord.

06/07/00 09:18:47

Your Fav Body Type: Currently, too tired to be gay

Comments:

Dear Yuki:

So you express your unhappiness by not voting. By some frightfully elaborated quantitative methods (I am a trained statistician), the government knows gays are not voting. Frankly, is the number significant enough to be bothered about.

But that is not the whole point. The point is, how many of us really feel we should stand out and champion for "gay rights?" Just because one forum was denied, we withdraw our support for the goverment? I don't know about you. But for me, whether the gove nment likes me as a gay constitutes a very small factor in me deciding whether I will vote for it. Being gay happens to be only one aspect of life.

Incidentally, can you put down in decent writing, what is your idea of gay rights?

06/07/00 09:18:24

Name: hunkyPTI My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: suck me beautiful

Your Fav Body Type: muscular/ stocky Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

HEY u all suckers(pun) out there. I am a horny 20 YO PTI, i may no longer be a virgin to gay activities, but i'v got to cum everyday, and boy do i cum alot. My bf can't give me (sex)enough, so anyone want to help? i am 180cm tall 80kg 45"chest 29"wasit and 17" arms and i have a thick 6.5" uncut cock.

06/07/00 07:14:01

Name: Aaron

Comments:

Hi! I am 19 chinese 180 66. Its a boring day! Anyone like to join me to YCK pool to swim. REal laps not just standing around looking at guys. I am not asking for sex but just friends for a swim this afternoon. Meet me 6pm @ the pool. I am wearing a purple speedo. Look for me. I am friendly and open to all chatters.

06/07/00 06:45:04

Comments:

You have to go back to the web cam. Sometime something. Sometime also nothing.

06/07/00 06:37:20

Comments:

Since once does not attach a narrative to your vote (ie, you just mark your paper and don't put a reason), of course, you're right in the sense that the reason for the vote is not made clear. But I suppose this bulletin board is monitored (the monkeys do it you see). Any moves that do not promote the cause of gay people/voters/voters to be will be a cause for opposition votes. Any person who wishes to champion the gay issue needs to know votes are to be had. Its pathetically juvenile to think that this is "throwing a government out of power", but then again, if this government annoys people, then perhaps it should be thrown out of power. But the issue here is gay RIGHTS which are denied and politicians that have no balls resulting in suffering. Send t e message clear and simple - you there will get NO votes in the upcoming G.E. if you don't advance the cause. Leave it to the tons of analysts that are paid with your (tax payer) money to heave about and analyse why the sudden drop in %tages. There's not ing a politician understands less than a drop in popularity at the ballot box.

06/07/00 06:12:40

Your Fav Body Type: Lean and tanned

Comments:

I wonder how we can use votes to express ourselves to the government. It is a so-called, "open secret" that votes in Singapore are numbered, so the government knows who is voting for who. So I heard! Anyway, assuming in the next election, PAP loses 10 % p r cent of votes. They traced it to a group of people. Male and female. All unmarried. But of all races and educations and backgrounds. What is the reason for the shift in votes? Was it the Madrasah issue? Was it the gay forum? Was it the bus fare increase Was it what? And so you don't vote for the present government. Then who you vote for? Destroy or invalid the vote? In that case, although PAP will get a drop in votings, their relative percentage win may still remain. Vote for the opposition? Has any of the opposition parties ever said they will support homosexuality?

06/07/00 05:00:41

Name: itsonlyme

Your Fav Body Type: Ren's

Comments:

Check out today's Straits Times, a Vice Principle of a secondary school and a project manager were both jail for molesting a 21 y/o youth and a 17 y/o teenage boy.

06/07/00 04:12:23

Comments:

Whether or not Sal has voiced his concerns is not relevant. What is relevant is that he's not making any sense. Ie, he's RECITING rubbish. If this is the sort that works in the "ministries" people ought to be VERY CONCERNED. And of course, many of Sal' type do. The issue of gay rights is important. It might not be urgent now, but there's no saying when it might be. After all, if this bulletin board or even more censorship takes place, you know that the "law" (discredited as it is) will be waved at y u again. Why be annoyed? Why be forced from pillar to post? The next time you complain, of police harressment, or of "censorship", remember - you are compelled to vote (again, by "law" -- whatelse?) , and let it be known which way your vote will go. T at's your version of YOUR law. Make sure you get what you want, because the politicans here certainly do. Dont suffer in silence. Young chaps who are 18 please dont worry - your time will come. As things stand you are being asked to die for your count y (YOUR country may I stress) and forced to give up 3 years of your life and not allowed to vote?? So VOTE for what you want when the time comes. Dont suffer in silence. The deal is : you want the votes, I want my rights augmented.

06/07/00 03:42:48

Name: ak

Comments:

Sal.. I understand your views.. :) Without being prejudiced, there are some of us who are still naive and not accustomed to the workings of the society through the political and economic machines. Singapore has one of the most sophisticated political, econ mic and social machines.. given our tiny land space, lack of resources, multi-racial mix, etc etc etc. We've survived this long becoz of the stoic and firm stance taken by our leaders. We need such strength at the start but I am sure when we've matured as a nation, liberalisation will happen. We're already given a lot of leeway in many things nowadays... talk to your parents and grandparents and they can tell you about how advanced and decadent our society has become. From our point of view.. there is stil a lot that need to be liberalised. Thus, it becomes a matter of perspective. I think the present environment of "don't ask, don't say" is good enuff for us to get by. And like what closet said... even if we achieve that gay rights thingy.. what's next? I is a neverending argument becoz we still do not know what we want as a society yet. I still think we should just go and satisfy our own needs first and learn to accept ourselves and our environment and how we are going to live our life, instead of finger ointing at all the possible reasons that make us the "freaks" that we are.

Anyway, I think this argument is beginnig to run out of course... any guys wanna contribute their sex stories?

06/07/00 02:46:52

Name: Sal

Comments:

Yuki indignance over my rhetoric is understandable. You're not the first to say I parrot the government's views! Perhaps this has something to do with my work at one of the ministries for almost two years, and i began to understand the functioning of the ivil service and public sector. In any case, I respect Yuki's views and you're totally entitled to hold those views and vote according to what you deem best. But just wanna let you know that despite my supposed inclination to support the incumbent govt, I ve many times stood up to voice my concern on certain policies and even oppose them openly. I bet the authorities have a file on me and all the "bad" things I've done! Meanwhile, don't be too bothered about what politicians do. They're politicians after a l...

06/07/00 02:25:49

Name: closet

Comments:

Ok, assuming you are now given the so-called "gay rights", so what now ?

You want to go out telling everyone you are gay, if not, how are they going to honour your rights ? You are still going to stroke and cruising around, so what difference would it make ?

Just dont understand why this fuss about. Gay rights are proposed by those business man who want to operated gay business openly and do public advertisement !

I got a feeling that most of those here who talk about gay rights are referring to public sex..pls lah, even str8 dont do that !

06/07/00 02:20:43

Name: Sporty My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: suck & fxxk

Your Fav Body Type: Hunky & Gym Your Nationality: sing

Comments:

I am in my early 30, slim and fit looking for discreet fun, will be at YCK pool on this coming friday 9/6/00 at 10.00am to 12noon wearing black & red trunk do drop by to say "hello"

06/07/00 02:13:30

Name: blurr

Comments:

Can anyone give diretion to sauna in JB ? The first time charges, and if membership is required ? Is it true that STroke require you to have your photo taken and etc... ?

06/07/00 01:59:18

Name: Olli My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: tall, skim

Your Nationality: Caucasian

Comments:

to the guy I saw yesterday at Bus stop Upper Cross...our eyes catched but I had to leave...waited to see which bus you took (143)...if u remember pls leave a mail

06/07/00 01:21:15

Name: ASHer

Comments:

I saw you again at Stroke on Saturday and last night (Tuesday). But again, there was too many people following you. And you can get a lot of better looking guys. Makes me shy. You're the chn/mly/thai looking guy with lean toned body and cute boyish looks. I'm the fair lean chn guy who smiled at you while you watched Ally McBeal downstairs. Pls email me. I really like you. and you look like very nice guy since you very polite even to the old and ugly people there.

06/06/00 19:43:27

Name: singsongboy My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: all

Your Fav Body Type: lean 'n hard

Comments:

poolie...i'm being gentle with view u expressed..i have spent 23 minutes contemplating your post, trying to figure out how gay guys impose their views in sg today...'n i can't figure it out. unless u mean that sometimes someone falls in lust with str8 guy and tries it on him(only to be rejected).

actually i thot we were getting the views of others imposed on us. well anyway, u probably nice guy..just maybe need to think clearer...hope u post many times here.. lotsaluv

06/06/00 18:15:43

Comments:

Guys, share your views on the denial to apply for permit to hold gay/lesbian forum at this website: http://www.hostboard.com/ubb/Forum107/HTML/000310.html or click on the link above.

06/06/00 17:34:29

Comments:

Sal again rounds the point without hitting on it. And makes quite few sweeping statements at the same time managing to contradict himself. This is the result of parroting propaganda and is the result of not thinking for himself. If he listened to HIMSEL , he would remember that he said that gay votes constitute a small fraction of votes. Correct. The fraction is around 0.10 or 0.05 .. take your pick. He then says that "throwing a political party" out of power. Why? How come? Can this fraction throw party out of power? Besides, this line of argument must come to and end. Not every challenge can be construed as somehow throwing security out of the window. Again, HOW and WHY? --->>parroting the party political line. Sal goes round talking as tho he is somehow the only member of what he terms the establishment walking around, and rather predictably, is starting to sound didactic. The equation remains clear. You have a vote. This is YOUR country and politicans dont own it. The politicians have a l t to lose as well after all. These are not rights to kill or to maim. These are basic human rights I believe. Nobody should have the power to impose restrictions on free speech on such basic issues based on outmoded laws that politicians have no balls o do away with. One can only remind .. these laws remain on the statue books and can be used and manipulated by ruling party at any time. Its only at the whim and fancy its not used. Why do you want to live this way? Remember, YOUR SINGAPORE, YOUR VOT , and YOUR RIGHT.

06/06/00 16:33:37

Name: Poolie My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: ev'rything...

Your Fav Body Type: big... not fat Your Nationality: local

Comments:

just got this url from a friend and i've decided to join in ur conversations. fine rite? i'm fine with the way we live our lives as long as we do not impose our lives on others. dat would be crazy and absolutely 'no way!' we all have the rite to choose, l ve and do as we wish BUT we do not have the rite over other people's.

it's my first entry. so bear with my ignorance or pardon my ideas.

06/06/00 16:21:28

Name: Boycott Commando-virgin

Comments:

Oh Darren, the so-called self-professed commando virgin, give all of us a break. Stop hanging yourself like some rare exquisite commodity that every man is dying for. I guess you are just some cheap,low-class son-of-a-bitch that can only be found availabl in some pasa malam roadside stall. What crap advertisement you are putting up? Selecting a right person for you to fxxk? Please! For the dick's sake, go fxxk some parachute or M16 if you are truly a commando. What utter garbage trash and rubbish. Let me ell you this, if you are truly what you claim you are, I'll fxxk an exhaust pipe and you can drive that car. And those who respond to that piece of shit, woe to you! May your dick shrinks so small that you pee on your balls. Is this a personal attack? So hat it is! Hail to all clear-minded gays, let's boycott this mother-fxxker!

06/06/00 15:58:23

Name: Hi

Comments:

Hi

06/06/00 14:48:14

Name: Astaroth My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: Army Boys Your Fav Body Type: Lean and Tanned

Comments:

Been reading all the postings on bulletin boards, all the ST forum letters, and all the minister replies. Frankly, I fail to understand what all the fuss and hype is about. So the Singapore government refused to permit a gay forum. So they (supposedly, i ever checked)censored a gay site. So what? I would hardly consider these as clamping down on homosexuality. If they are really doing so, this bulletin board will be gone. Stroke will be gone. Niche and Venom and Fort Road and Ang Siang will all be gone, v ry soon. We wait and see about that. I am a gay man. Lots of people know this, including my friends, my classmates, my staff. These people tell you they understand, they tolerate, but behind you, they gossip, they slander, they harm. Therefore, to those who feel that the government's stateme t that the majority of Singaporeans do not agree with homosexuality is falsified, think again. Think too, how many of us dare to come out of the closet to our parents? Or your colleaques? If not, why. Gay pride, women rights, minority groups, many of these fail because they make their cause the only cause there will ever be. Some folks here urge for stronger voicing against the Singaporean government. What do you think will happen if we really do that? It's not about walking in the streets at night or being suppressed or being oppressed, it's about a very large group of people debating, possibly violently, over a topic that basically has no answer. You get your community groups, religious groups, parent , schools, ministers, public, and everything imaginable debating over the issue of homosexuality. What would be the result? Acceptance? No population in the world is truly comfortable with homosexuality. Conflicts resulting in violence? Who knows. Are you sure you want to risk that.

06/06/00 12:22:18

Comments:

No sound thinking government will take draconian steps against a passive, obedient people. They understand the principle that, if you put a frog in a pot of water, and raise the temperature slowly, the frog will eventually be boiled to death without reali ing. However, if you throw the frog into a pot of boiling water, the frog will immediately jump out and save itself.

06/06/00 11:07:57

Name: Sal

Comments:

To Yuki: Gay rights is of course not incompatible with public safety and security. What I'm saying is that gay rights don't only entail freedom to do whatever you deem right. Being gay is just one part of your life. You are also person who needs the state to prote t you in national defence, and a govrenment to administer the country, etc. So, don't throw a good government out of office just because it irks you in one aspect. Instead, engage the govt and tell them what you feel unhappy about, in a civilised manner. Only if they take draconian steps against you, do you decide whether this govt is worth keeping in office. That's when you exercise your right as a citizen.

06/06/00 10:48:06

Name: argon

Comments:

i went to singapore for vacation last week and was almost victimized by a pickpocket in rc. we went to a cubicle to have some fun and i noticed that his hands were always touching my back pocket trying to fish out my wallet

at first i thought it was n thing until he kept doing it. so i did not finish and just went out. i did not want to make a scene as i was a tourist and the postings here seems to indicate that it would be to my disadvantage if i lodge a complaint

anyway, please be careful guys. he e's a brief description of the person. he's a chinese around 40 years old, has a big mole on his left side near his eyes and wears those beads that buddhist usually wear.

have a safe cruising y'all.

06/06/00 09:58:22

Name: michael My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: Australian

Comments:

Hi im 33 brown hair eyes slim coming to SG in Sept.Im str8.I want to make e-mail buddies & hopeflly meet up for fun, Pls e-mail me.I prefer guys 18-30 Michael

06/06/00 09:55:26

Name: To Commando Hated and all

Comments:

Could you all ignore the Darren or something... don bother wat he said lar.. maybe he is fantasizing or making himself happy cos he is heart broken or something or maybe he is depress or stress or something... why post so many unnecessary ad to tell him a l this...BTW the wat cam web site can see anything meh.. or only during that time huh??

06/06/00 08:44:58

Comments:

Sal makes an extremely foolish point. What's to say that gay rights is somehow incompatable with walking safely down the street at 4am?? This is bullshit approaching its purest form that has been constantly foisted on the singaporean public. Sal, here's my question to you : why is gay rights incompatable with walking safely down the street at 4am? What's your answer?

06/06/00 08:07:13

Name: Joe

Comments:

To the guy who keep repeating the web address http://www.nhutcam.com/cam2.html We have seen it already!

06/06/00 06:09:08

Comments:

http://www.nhutcam.com/cam2.html live sex now!

06/06/00 05:30:50

Comments:

Darren lim , y use so many nick 2 advertise yrself doubt u really 20 la. u really thrist 4 sex haha y not try the chatroom - gam or sggaysex, u can have what u want more easily than waitin 4 reply thru email.

06/06/00 05:10:42

Name: TIM My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: local

Comments:

read of pp being harassed in gyms on 5/6 New Paper. any of you have experiences to share ? no mention of gyms pls.

06/06/00 05:04:02

Name: commando-hater, esp. virgin

Comments:

Oh!Plsssssssssssssssss! Darren Lim!!! Don't sell yourself like some hot biscuit that makes the rest flooding for you! Are you trying to hold a gay beauty pageant and ultimately, you being the one and only pathetic begotten judge, choose your crowning quee to have your first sex experience? Plsssssss, I beg again, don't boast about what you so-called much sought after sex status, setting what God-damned deadline, go to hell. I curse that you will remain virgin forever, living the rest of your life, musterb ting yourself, eating your own cum. What virgin commando?! That's a full load of shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06/06/00 04:23:56

Comments:

I hate to do this.. but umm.. er.. Darren.. why do you have to use so many nicks? And your postings are also confusing.. not sure about your age and stats. The only consistent thing is your email address.. they're the same despite your different nicks.. A yway, quick lah... all you people dying to get your virgin commando.. go try Darren... and yes, please report when it's done. Peace!!

06/06/00 04:05:52

Name: Darren Lim My Email: Email Me

Your Fav Sextivity: all position Your Fav Body Type: tanned and muscular

Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

Thank YOU for all the overwhelming responses that have flooded my e-mail and this board! i know that being a commando and virgin would make me hot property. but this? wow, I'm flattered. again, any gays wanting hot sex with a virgin commando in his 20s ca send your e-mail or post your messages here. i can pick you up and bring you back to my place to have hot gay virgin sea( yes, I am dying to have my first sex!). please reply me before 16 june 2200 Singtime. and as an added bonus, i have invited one of m other gay commando friends to be on stand by should any of you guys decided to have a threesome!!!!!!!

06/06/00 03:56:26

Name: john

Comments:

yah, darren lim. finally, i get to have hot gay fxxk with a virgin, and a commando some more! i fantacise how muscular and tanned your body is. with that 20 year old hot look,commando body and still a virgin, i WANT DARREN LIM!!!!!!!!!!! Choose ME, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

06/06/00 03:46:55

Comments:

so many arguments. What Singa-poh-lang said deserves to be repeated... "Let's be nice to ourselves first before extending this niceness to everyone else." I think we are still a long way from being accepted becoz as a society, we are still not united. We itch, we gripe, we nitpick. We also do things which are not socially acceptable.. we cruise, we stray, we betray. Yeah. A lot of it can be blamed on the govt rules and the homophobic society. I would love to see change. It'd be nice to have your relations ips with your bfs formalised. It'd be great to be able to walk down the streets with your loved ones hand in hand. It'd be cool to be able to kiss in public. Maybe one day... it will be possible. But meanwhile, not yet. I believe that everything should st rt by reflecting on our own selves. Even within our ranks, there's no consensus. How'd you expect to be accepted thus? In an ideal world, everything is gay. Unfortunately that is what it is.. an IDEAL world. We're stuck in real life.

And Zen... your loneliness.. it is not something peculiar to just yourself. We all have it. I get my moments of loneliness and depression too. Very frequent, actually. And I used to yearn for that special someone too. But I think you've found the magic in that loneliness.. your mind takes over and you see wonderful things.. simple things which gives you the biggest pleasure. I think it is great. It may be a blind musician, or a plastic bag turning circles in the wind, or dead leaves falling from the trees n a breeze, even the trickling sound of water from the drain outside... your loneliness create wonders of such things. Thus, comes the irony.. you're never really truly alone.. :)

06/06/00 03:24:22

Name: CW

Comments:

i still will not vote for the present authorities now. too powerful already. they are getting way too big for their heads. if its what i know, at least i know that i dun need ppl to repress me.

06/06/00 02:41:42

Name: Desmond

Comments:

Sorry I mean to say that you were wearing track pants and think a grey t-shirt... ;?

06/06/00 02:40:23

Comments:

If the concerns of the majority cannot be adequately verified because of certain government actions -- such as the blocking of a public forum, then the government is guilty of withholding the truth and perpetuating ignorance among the public. If the illus ons of material progress and prosperity are so overwhelming, then there won't be shows like the Matrix. There won't be heroes in the American Revolution or Stonewall. We will die as rich slaves, but slaves nonetheless.

06/06/00 02:38:50

Name: Desmond My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: S'porean

Comments:

Hi, have browse thru some of the article or ad in this section think s that it is very messy and donno wat most of the ppl are talking about... sound alien to me... anyway I am still looking for the guy that was at SOGO basement on Sunday around 8 plus at the supermarket buying something with his frend. I follow till the east bound train but I never board the train. you were wearing a track pants. Wish to know you. please email me

06/06/00 02:19:43

Your Nationality: SINGA-POH-LANG

Comments:

Gay issues are without start or end. Funny-going ons at gyms, swimming pools etc fundamentally results from a lack of space and support for gay men in Singapore. Without community and institutional support and understanding, these are about the only place [apart from Fort Rd etc] in which gay men seek their solace and relief.

This is of course not saying that with greater understanding such cruisers will cease to exist. No. They will be some who perhaps just likes the 'preying' process of it all.

Alot of letters at SGBOYX bemoan the apparent sex-crazed mentality of gays. What I want to say that gay men are non e more so sexually charged as straight men. Just look at Geylang and the millions of "massage parlours" in Singapore. It is just heaven's w ll that gay men can have 'free' sex way easier than straight men. Gay men sex is mutually satisfying. It's a win win situation hence no money need be transacted.

Edward Said, a renowned cultural theorist developed an extensive argument which broadly says that the worse thing the oppressed can do for themselves is to fail to see the oppresseive logic wielded by their oppressors AND in turn use these arguments on th mselves unwittingly. It is a largely complex argument and when placed in the context of gays in SIngapore may not be too obvious.

But the point is made. Knowledge gives strength, courage and understanding.Let's be nice to ourselves first before extending this niceness to everyone else.

06/06/00 01:13:21

Comments:

Hmm... I missed that New Paper article about the gyms. Thanks for the link, kevin. They sure as hell make us sound like shameless hungry wolves..:} Which, I guess, does hold some truth. Anyway, I've always adopted the passive stance when it comes to cruis ng at the gyms (not that I do it all the time, of course..) Do no action unless the one that interests you makes a move... which may take forever, of course.. But then, it'll give you an excuse to actually focus on your workout. :) I've always appreciated other people's appreciation, and I see no wrong just smiling and chatting. But I wud not like it if someone imposes himself on me.. that would not be nice. In so far, Singaporean gay gym goers are generally not rude and are pretty much considerate. The on s who are not usually hang out at places like Stroke where they can hide in the dark.. :) Someone mention about all that groping and desperate moves by the 'uncles'... sheesh.. yeah.. they're true and I sometimes feel ravaged. But hey, it is all an experie ce. And we have a choice of avoiding that expereince if we choose to. Same goes for the gyms

And about that politics shit.. I still say this board shud not be used to garner votes. I agree with sal's viewpoint. If you know the insides of the civil service, you will realise that everything works like clockwork. And it is not their style to nitpick on issues which are harmless. However, the views of the majority holds heavy weightage, as it affects the integrity of the system. I am sure the gays will have their due recognition here one day. But meanwhile, the Singapore society is just not ready. Tho e newspaper articles kinda confirms it. And please note... those guys at the gym who were cruised, and the boy who was molested on the bus... these are the majority here. And they raise concerns among the majority.

06/05/00 20:00:05

Name: ????????????????????? My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: All Your Fav Body Type: From " S " to " L " Size only

Your Nationality: Singaporean

Comments:

Hi, Darren Lim you might like to take a look at Gaverick's massage, he is looking for people who is virgin, a good eg is, he did a reply to Sweat Boy's massage, he might be the one who you wanted to be with for sex, he had word coded like I'm " shy " & personal reason " which he might not dare to place the word sex directly. Hi Gaverick, I'd done you a favour this time, hopefully, Darren Lim / Sweat Boy / Vincent, WIll reply you, a.s.a.p.! I just offering you a helping hand, not a busybody. Good Luck to you, don't forgotten me if you have a great time with anyone of them. Please don't keep using the word " fun " if you are refering to " sex " it's all right to place it in the massage, majority of us can accept it here. Don't worry, Be happy. Have yourself a merry little good time in gay's sex. Welcome to gay's world. Bye for now.

06/05/00 19:51:06

Name: ????????????????????? My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: All Your Fav Body Type: From " S " to " L " Size only

Comments:

Hi, Darren lim you might like to take a look at Gaverick's massage, he is looking for people who is virgin, a good eg is, he did a reply to Sweat Boy's massage, he might be the one who you wanted to be with for sex, he had coded the word would be sex as h claimed he is " shy " & " person reason ". Hi Gaverick, I'd done you a favour this time, hopefully, Darren Lim / Sweat Boy / Vincent, WIll reply you, a.s.a.p.! I just offering you a helping hand, not a busybody. Good Luck to you, don't forgotten me if you have a great time with anyone of them. Please don't keep using the word " fun " if you are refering to " sex " it's all right to place it in the massage, majority of us can accept it here. Don't worry, Be happy. Have yourself a merry little good time in gay's sex. Welcome to gay's world. Bye for now.

06/05/00 19:30:03

Name: singsongboy My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Body Type: lean 'n hard

Comments:

oh passing cloud u write too well 'bout feelings to be just vapour. under that that vapour got to be real person with real feelings 'n real life. i think i understand your feelings tho..... for me it is choice between commitment and chasing that next dick - the next dick, 'cos sometimes i feel i want to be fxxked by every man in the world - well if they look ok anyway. if u feel this way, like me, be consoled...there are many more like us. among at least some north american indian tribes plu like us (if i'm getting u right) they called us berdache 'n our need for guys became institutionalised..

being gay doesn't mean just one sort of gay guy. there are many sort.

06/05/00 19:22:54

Name: Charles My Email: Email Me

Your Fav Sextivity: nipples Your Fav Body Type: chunky or hunky

Your Nationality: San Francisco ang mo

Comments:

Being an outsider, I do not wish to comment on the Sg government. There is apparently a lot of gay sex that goes on in Sg (based on reports from this board). However, the laws against gay sex IN PRIVATE, under which someone can go to jail if their partner files a complaint, perhaps in a moment of anger, are no small matter. I would think that these laws would be intimidating for many, and that some of these people may choose to emigrate as a result. That was certainly why I left my home state in the US for another US state where gay sex in private was legal at the time. (Although, I eventually chose to move to San Francisco, California, where the gay climate is better.

I thing Sg will continue to lose gays to other countries as long as gay sex in private is illegal. Should Sg change the law? That is up to Sg. But they need to realize the consequence of not changing the law.

06/05/00 18:11:35

Name: JustanOrdinaryTeen

Your Nationality: SG

Comments:

Thanks Kevin for putting up the links......for someone like me who does not read the papers everyday..it is gd to know about such happenings, especially the TNP article on gyms. The manner of reporting in that article really spoke volumes of the reporters mentalities and skewed perspectives on the implicit gay issue.

06/05/00 18:04:51

Name: Darren Lim

Comments:

Thank you for all the wonderful responses all of you e-mailed to me. As this is my first gay sex, I might want to choose and browse a little longer. perhaps you can send me a photo of you? I am not ashamed to say that i have one of the hottest body in the gay community thanks to all the commandos trainings. and since, i am virgin and free from all dieseases, i know that i am hot property in the gay community. i know that many of you just want sex and lot's of sex. so i'll be frank with you all and say that i DO NOT want a LTR. i am currently living alone in a Changi semi-detached. my parents are all overseas for the next 3 years. i drive and hates people who smoke. so, e-mail me one last time before i make my final decision. i will broadcast my final candidate here on the board. DEADLINE: 16 MAY, 2200 sing time. good luck!

06/05/00 17:44:51

Name: NEUTRAL 81

Comments:

AN OPEN LETTER TO ALL, FOR THE PAST FEW DAYS, EVERYONE HAS BEEN DEBATING ABOUT THE ISSUE OF CENSORSHIP BY THE GOVT.MOST OF YOU MUST BE ANGERED BY ALL YOU HAVE SEEN AND HEARD. BUT, I MUST AGREE WITH WHAT THE GOVT. HAS DONE FOR THE PAST FEW WEEKS. YES, SINGAPORE IS HEADING TOWARDS A MORE GRACIOUS SOCIETY (I HOPE). AND THE ECONOMY AND SOCIETY ARE BOTH OPENING UP. SHOULDN'T THE GOVT. BE MORE OPEN TO PEOPLE LIKE US? WELL, DON'T FORGET THAT MORE THAN 95% OF SINGAPOREAN ARE NOT LIKE US. JUST IMAGINE FOR ONCE THAT YOU ARE STRAIGHT,IN FRONT OF ALL YOUR STRAIGHT FRIENDS AND RELATIVES. WON'T YOU WANT TO PROTECT THEM FROM ALL THESE THINGS? IF THE GOVT. HASN'T BANNED THE COM UNIST IN THE 60s, WE WON'T BE EVEN USING THIS COMPUTER. I'M SURE WHAT THE GOVT. DOES, THERE ALWAYS WILL BE A REASON. I WOULD WANT TO PROTECT MY STRAIGHT FRIENDS FROM GETTING INFLUENCED TOO MUCH BY US. I REALLY WANT THEM TO STAY LIKE WHO THEY ARE NOW. AND, DON'T FORGET THAT IT IS THE PAP GOVT. WHICH BROUGHT US ALL THE GLORY AND PRIDE OF BEING A SINGAPOREAN. I THINK MOST YOUNG SINGAPOREAN ARE JUST LOOKING FOR ANY REASON TO CHANGE THE GOVT. LOOK AT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MALAYSIA AND INDONESIA? DO YOU WANT SINGAPORE TO BECOME LIKE THEM? SO, DON'T JUST CAST YOUR PRECIOUS VOTE TO THE OPPOSITION JUST BECAUSE OF THIS INCIDENT. POLITICS AND GAY ARE JUST DIFFERENT THINGS. P.S.: AND IN CASE YOU ARE WONDERING, NO, I AM NOT A SPOKESMAN FOR PAP AND MIND YOU THAT I AM ONLY 19 THIS YEAR.

06/05/00 17:30:56

Name: Sal My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: Singaporean, and proud of it

Comments:

I wish to dispute all those unnecessary rumours circulating around on SBA / ISPs blocking gay sites. I use Pacific Internet and SingNet, and I can access the gay.com site perfectly well. All of you who think the government is clamping down on we gays are grossly wrong. I was a member of the Establishment, and I know how the government function. It's much more rational and enlightened than you think. They do not see gays as a threat, and a long as we don't insist on a gay pride parade down Orchard Road or start riots a la Stonewall, we can keep to what we do. Under the laws, homosexuality is not a crime. Only sexual the act is. You can oggle at men, go to a pub frequented by men who love m n (where there's hardly any women), wear those tight tees, flirt, act campy, etc and nothing will happen to you, except perhaps some prejudiced glances from other Singaporeans. And to those of you who incite political hate to vote the PAP government out o office, I can only remind you that, like it or not, gays remain a minority and is thus a small voice under a democratic one-man-one-vote electoral system. Also, please ask yourself, is being gay only about freedom to do whatever you like? Isn't that hous that you stay in now a much better piece of property compared to houses owned by pple you know in many other comparable countries? Isn't that peace and safety you enjoy even if you walk in the streets at 4 am priceless? Isn't all the progress and prosper ty you see around you mainly a result of prudence and honesty on the part of the incumbent govt? Think abt it, and when the next elections come, cast your vote according to your conscience.

06/05/00 16:39:12

Name: kevin

Your Nationality: s'porean

Comments:

Pls click the above link - another newsworthy article - a cautionary note to those who tend to take liberty with strangers in public places.

06/05/00 16:24:49

Comments:

Sorry - this is more like it!

06/05/00 16:21:59

Comments:

For the benefit of all, this is the link to the highly prejudiced article on TNP

today:http://newpaper.asia1.com.sg/local/nplo12.html

06/05/00 16:17:50

Name: gavrick_2000

Your Nationality: sg

Comments:

to vincent, 163/55/27" pls read my comments to sweat boy, if he is not interest with me, may i have your attention pls, i might not have a well defined body for fun, but i'm 27 y/o, chn guy, about 171 cm / 80 kg. but of my priority is with sweat boy, as he is still a virgin & i readed his mail before your's, but i'm certain with his status, eg age ( is he above 18 y/o, chn, & etc ). but you are avbove 20 & in your late 20's, well maintain body, good looking i guest, which is a outstanding point the other party & i guest that you must have be been exposed with alot of gays & fun right. full of experience i guest, are 1 of those gay's hich left you contract no. in the public toilet, if yes is it still on. if yes i still holding to your no. but dare not to pg. for you, due to i'm shy & etc. in this comment's which we will not be in physical contract right now, which i'm more comfortable for the time been. i wish to have 1 person which i like / love, to spend with for the life time if possible, i'm not avaliabe in e-mail. due to personal reason. i hope that my english is acceptable & you were not be offenced & pls forgive me if you are, as i admit that i'm still new in this kind of enviroment, i'm still in the stage of growthing. pls correct / give me feedback if possible, and as for those who are reading this massage but not the 2 person involved ( sweat boy & vincent ), it will be my great pleasure to learn from your out there, in regardless of the gay's enviroment, the use of my massage in this comment's, my english / grammer or so, updates that you might have in the concerned of the gay's enviroment, eg of the hot meeting place, where to go, avaliable of ' gay's video tape / vcd, etc. thank w regards................................... love from : gaverick_2000.

06/05/00 14:42:45

Name: auscent

Comments:

To Zen: Sometime ago I get those same severe bouts of depression wondering when the white knight is riding in (if ever!). My fave hangout for this is the BK at Orchard Emerald cos it is tucked in the basement, like a place to mourn your sorrows. Once in a while w en I spend an intimate nite with a stranger, that "what if" question pops up, wondering if by smallest chance this guy could be the right one. I think we all do get these sausalito-symptoms once in a while.

But alone doesnt equate loneliness. I remind myself constantly what I want from a relationship - a soulmate, not just a boyfriend. I want a true good friend to be the essence of a genuine relationship. Not a tempermental relationship that finishes in months. Its not easy but the price for waiting is worth paying.

In the meantime I make my life as good as it can be. Learning to enjoy my own company, life's little pleasures + moments with good friends. I am also having a ball of a time doing volunteer jobs to distract my excess energy! May sound deceitful but ou lives are what we make out of it too!

So to all the singles out there, cherish your singlehood. We are the Ally McBeal generation. Search we must, but while searching, happy we shall be!

06/05/00 14:18:54

Name: Ruth Lusty My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: Australian

Comments:

Hello from Australia! I found your website using the WAGGGS webring link. Well done! I am the Region Commissioner for the Sutherland Shire Region Guides, New South Wales, Australia. This is a large metropolitan region in southern Sydney with over 600 yout members.We were presented with an Australia Day award this year as the Sutherland Shire's "Community Group of the Year". This recognises our regular community service projects. We also try to do a lot of out door activities. We have a region campsite and a Water Activities Centre. Please visit our new web site at: www.guidesaus.org.au/sutherlandshir/ We would love to hear from you!

06/05/00 12:46:29

Comments:

I was eating alone at BK. All was well, except that, as usual, I began to feel myself sinking into that "Where's my boyfriend?" bad habit thinking again, the new bronto burger suddenly doesn't taste that nice anymore...sigh, I struggled to finished the meal, and then with my headphones stuck onto my ears, full blasting a gay-and-lesbian album my friend bought for me from Taiwan, I began to walk out of the restaurant.

I began noticing a huge crowd that gathered around the escalators leading down to the interchange (no prize for which underground interchange in Singapore I'm talking about..hehehee) I thought it was pretty unusual and decide to o investigate. As I move closer I could see that it is a young blind singer that is singing. Wow! I almost never seen such a huge crowd listening to a blind singer in my life! So I removed my headphones......I couldn't believe how fortunate I was to be he ring his singing.... it has been quite a while since someone touched my heart...and his voice did just that. I was spellbound as I stood there and listened until his very last song. There were some other teenagers there too, who joined him in the chorus.. .and at the end we clapped in encouragement... but he has decided to end and was packing up.

Well, what am I trying to say is that I was very happy to hear his songs, it was such a pleasure that I suddenly realised I am no longer in that bitching mood. I dunno how many of you have those bouts of loneliness like me, but today made me understand that happiness is not hard to find, whether or not I find my boyfriend should not deter me from that. I do well finding as many little pleasures in life in the meanwhile, appreciating what I already have, family, a meaningful study life, rather than longi g for what I don't, thinking I'll be happier only then...ah, one of life's lessons revisited I guess...heheeeheee.... may all of you find your own little pleasures too. Bye.

06/05/00 10:15:43

Name: Farang

Comments:

I had no problem with that gay.com chat site, either immediately after that posting or ever since. In the evenings all the Singapore rooms are stuffed up with the maximum 40 names, so we can relax (provided we can squeeze our way in).

Actually, we can ruminate on the fact that Singapore appears to have far more people at any one time on the site than any other place in the world on a per capita basis. Perhaps that says something for a)the number of gay people here proportionately, and ) the paucity of gay outlets, or c) the shyness of gays here who prefer to chat on-line rather than cruise, or wade through the Stroke Sauna's alleged steam room water.

06/05/00 09:27:56

Comments:

Dear AK, if you choose to be apolitical, that's your issue. However, once your rights and priveleges get trampled over, you should feel differently. There's no reason why you should have to suffer just because some idiot raised the alarm. The parents o that "kid" should do the censoring - its NOT up to the government of whomever to do the censoring. This I think you are well aware. You raised the issue of opposition and the gay cause. HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT THEY ARE NOT PREPARED TO CHAMPION IT? That' a gross assumption that you cannot make. Its your right, and indeed, its not your fault you are gay. Why should you suffer in silence?? Nobody in power will listen until you talk about your votes. If you dont talk about your votes, they will just keep "talking down" to you. Why suffer? I say - be prepared to use your votes. Dont forget that. A general election is round the corner as you know. So you know what to do.

06/05/00 07:42:21

Comments:

who are the people who actually do the blocking? The ISPs? IDA? The Government of the Republic of Singapore? I think all of them have a part. But the irony of it is that they did not trigger the decision to block those sites. It is most likely due to one f our fellow Singaporeans whose kid happen to stumble over that site, and, after a bout of panic, informed the relevant authorities to clamp down access to those sites. Hence, the actions. It is the same as all those raids at them cruising places. Nobody ill bother until someone raise the alarm. I choose to be apolitical, and this site is NOT, and SHOULD NOT be used a political vehicle. And just thinking out loud, if the opposition DO get the majority of votes, how'd you know that they'd support the gay c use?? Not only is that suspect, but the running of the country gets under question too. As for the big bucks they're paying them politicians... it has worked well in ensuring a stable and corruption-free govt (relatively). Thus, think of the bigger pictur , yah?

06/05/00 07:14:51

Comments:

I agree with the post about votes. Why should we have to suffer restrictions in *OUR* country which we are so proud off. If any more incursions into our rights take place, Im sure this political party will notice a drop off in their votes. Dont worry - these fat cat singaporean politicians with their x000,000 salaries want to stay in power too - so call their bluff and withhold your votes.

06/05/00 07:08:11

Name: Delta My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: smooth and tall

Your Nationality: Malaysian

Comments:

Hi, I am a big size borad shoulder guy, will swim at Bishan Pool on Wed evening at 7.30pm, looking for smooth NU / NT or Poly boys, for fun

06/05/00 07:06:39

Name: Delta My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: smooth Your Nationality: Malaysian

Comments:

Hi, I am a big size borad shoulder guy, will swim at Bishan Pool on Wed evening at 7.30pm, looking for smooth NU / NT or Poly boys,

06/05/00 06:44:53

Name: gay.com denied

Comments:

if you are DISGUSTED with the blocking, make sure you register this with your vote in the general elections. you know which way to vote now, so if this is not concluded to your satisfaction, vote accordingly. IF THIS IS A GOVERNMENT THAT CONDONES BLOCKIN , IT DOES NOT DESERVE YOUR VOTE. So vote accordingly.

06/05/00 06:38:51

Name: David Lim

Comments:

tom see you there. i am 18yo chi wearing pink trunk. i will be at the toilet to the left. hope something exciting will happen.

06/05/00 05:53:08

Name: passing cloud

Comments:

To all who read my story and show empathy : Thanx to all who responded to passing cloud's real account. Big blue sky is a sensitive and genuine guy, I know because the way he touches and kisses me, the way he looks at me, and the way he said things about me. I'm not naive and can distinguish truth nd falsehood. I had a good time with him that night but I cannot commit to him, not because I do not know him fully well, but I understand myself too well - I far more damaging than he thought I am. And for that kind of good man, I'm not ready to ruin him So what if he is that big blue sky that sees no boundaries that ables to capture this passing cloud from anywhere? So what if he gathers the four corners of the wind to entrap me? So what if he makes promises like the sound of the thunder or strikes swift moves to me like the speed of lightning. He has to understand, when he touches a passing cloud, all that remains it's just an illusion.

06/05/00 03:16:00

Name: vincent My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Body Type: well defined Your Nationality: singapore

Comments:

late twenties executive searching for well defined body for fun! I am 163/55/27" and has well defined body as I gym and swim alot. U should be fit, lean and between 25-35 only chinese and gwms, no chub, no feminine

06/05/00 02:58:01

Name: Tom Your Fav Sextivity: Oral

Your Fav Body Type: Muscle Your Nationality: Japanese

Comments:

Hi guys! Join me @ YCK pool @ 6pm sharp. Me clean and lean. Bottom FOR dicks! 21 yo, 180 65.

06/05/00 02:47:30

Name: 2pid

Comments:

Looking for the guy in grey polo raphal shirt and bermuda last nite on the last north bound train(ard 2340++).U were wif a frenz and ur frenz alight @ novena and u alight @ bishan.Think u r really cute cos though u look mature for ur age but u got very st iong feature, if u happen to be AJ and see this , hope to be ur frenz. I was sitting oopsite u wif a frenz and i can't help but keep looking @ u.

06/05/00 02:31:16

Name: gaverick_2000

Comments:

sweat boy, you wand to meet me. gaverick, chn guy, 27y/o, may i know what is age & race pls? have you been attached / still available, sorry due to reason i unable to send you a e-mail you. i'm also look for fun. wand to join in the fun. hope to hear from you as soon as posible, i wounder how fun is it to spend with a virgin gay, ooh i so excited to meet ou & your virgin status & i hope i'm not been rude & rejceted by you & not too late neither, i'm worte this sincerly to you. and i hope you are really a virgin & not a sending false statement after all. ever since the last time i have fun was 5 yrs back. pls don't let me down, and it's okay if you are attached but not coding a false statement pls. life is short we should have going for the truth & not lie, how many of a truth & reliable friend could you have in life, if you don't mind i wish that you will be my, actual 1 is good enough. i'm not a really a open minded & well educated, not really active, shy person at time, i don't usually dare to apporach people due of i'm shy. thanks W regards. love gaverick

06/05/00 02:20:30

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: S'porean

Comments:

Sorry hor My email address is the latest one.. Aries_d72@hotmail.com ;)

06/05/00 02:08:21

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: 170 63

Your Nationality: S'porean

Comments:

To the guy I met in SOGO Basement on 05 Jun 200 Sunday about 8 plus. Saw you with your frend in Super market. you board the East bound train, I did't. was looking at you ;?. wish to know you.

06/05/00 02:08:05

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: 170 63

Your Nationality: S'porean

Comments:

To the guy I met in SOGO Basement on 05 Jun 200 Sunday about 8 plus. Saw you with your frend in Super market. you board the East bound train, I did't. was looking at you ;?. wish to know you.

06/05/00 01:40:19

Name: Michael

Comments:

Anybody know a guy called Bernard?? He is about 165cm with huge chest and shoulders and cute face. See him out at Why Not and Tabs all the time. Anyone knows a guy by this name and desc, please let me know. I really want to get to know this guy!! Bernard - if you read this... please contact me!! M

06/05/00 00:40:22

Name: GayChat

Comments:

To bypass the censors for Gay.com, go to http://www.geocities.com/westhollywood/village/6188

06/04/00 19:28:13

Name: Darren Lim My Email: Email Me

Your Fav Sextivity: everything Your Fav Body Type: tanned and full of energy

Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

i am looking for gays who want sex ONLY. yes that's rite. NOTHING BUT SEX!!!!!!!!! muscular and tanned hunks need to apply only. i am a commando...............age 20. E-MAIL ME NOW!!

06/04/00 19:24:44

Comments:

Passing Cloud

I have been in your situation. If I hop into bed so quickly with someone, how can they realistically think that it is forever? It makes me not want to see them again.

Now if I was seeing someone for a while and then they became interested in something long-term, that is understandable, but on the first night? Get real!

Frankly, I think his comments about your contact number and knowing where you live are creepy.

06/04/00 19:20:21

Name: sweat boy My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: hot sweaty sex

Your Fav Body Type: chub and tanned Your Nationality: sing

Comments:

I AM STILL A GAY VIRGIN! anyone wants to experience a gay hot sex with me? i am chub, so let me warn you first. very cute too(that,s what everybody in camp says) i am in NS now. e-mail me NOW

06/04/00 18:13:57

Name: Ian

Comments:

ACCESS DENIED FOR GAY.COM CHAT!!! I tried getting to the page and found out that it is now no longer possible. There is a message asking me to refer to SBA's website on singapore internet regulation. What happened??!! Is the goverment gonna clam down n all gay related sites? This is horrible! I'm deeply saddened. Can anyone do something about this? Any alternative way to get to the chat rooms?

06/04/00 15:24:18

Comments:

passing cloud... ouch! But I understand your stance and I sympathise with your status. As for the big blue sky.. to some, sex is just SEX. Things happen, but it may not be forever... esp when you're just recovering from something and looking for a replace ent. The whole prose may not be a true happening, but I think we all can place ourselves in those two typical roles of the big blue sky and his passing cloud...

06/04/00 14:50:04

Name: ???

Comments:

hi.. can any1 tell me where to go n apply for a redirection service like the one for surf.to/bw ?? i want exactly the same company tat provides it for this website.. pls

06/04/00 14:48:13

Name: passing cloud

Comments:

To the big blue sky : It's a regret that I invited you over for a night of physical satisfaction. You thought it might meant something special, since from your vast experiences, hardly anyone ask you to spend the night with him you barely know. We had a good time. You fxxked m altogether 3 times and cum inside me twice. You fxxked me like a woman and say things that almost amused me to ultimate orgasm. You wanted me to be your partner, your woman. You want me to drag for you, want me to inject silicon to produce breasts for yo . You even say wanting to impregnate me and bear children for you. I laughed uncontrollably at your seemingly serious tone. Many times, you looked at me and says I'm a wonderful piece of artwork of God, that I am so pretty, I should be borned a woman - fo you. I smiled at everything you said that night, not uttering an answer, because I know all these already, since I was very small. I've learnt to live with it, perhaps, to die with it as well. That night, in bed naked together, you poured out your heart o me as well - like how you bare your naked body, you bare your naked soul. You didn't understand why you can share so freely with me - about your painful past, your recent bereavement, your complex family background, your upbringing, your past lover, you past sexual encounters ... ... God, I cannot even count how much you shared with me. I listened them all, I just listened them all. I couldn't offer any good words of comfort, but I was a good listener, a good audience as you unfolds your life dramatic s eech. We kissed and kissed profusely, abundantly, like we cannot detached from each other. We hugged like we are glued and gel together. Every now and then, I reminded you that this is just it, after tonight, you will wake up thinking you just had another good dream. You than said that you choose not to wake up, living in that dream with me forever. You kept kissing me whenever I wanted to remind you not to be emotionally involved. Not a night is meant forever for any lovers. Before the day breaks, you hav to go. I kissed you goodbye for the last time, you said you know all my home and private numbers, and you know where I stay. I replied bluntly, even you have my house key, It would meant nothing to me. You can have my body but not my heart. I whispered s mething into your ears, hoping to soothe you ... " That I'm nothing but just a passing cloud in your big blue sky. " Saw you kind of got what I meant, resisting tears from your eyes. Throughout that night, I know you as a person but you didn't know me. Yo kept asking why should I be remained mysterious. I said being mysterious is to kept you interested. But now if you would ask me what kind of person am I, I will tell you, that I have a mind of a man, a body of a woman, and a heart of a stone.

06/04/00 12:45:12

Comments:

Check this out: Channel News Asia is showing a special documentary on AIDS in Singapore on Sun 4/6 10pm.

06/04/00 10:21:01

Name: concern

Comments:

To the guy with crab problem..Dun worry.. u can get the necessary lotion from any apex pharmacy easily. I forgot the name of the lotion but then again even if u are embrassed for fear of asking the staff for aid, u can easily look for it yourselves on the open shelves cos it is quite a common product...read the labels. If I am not wrong it comes in a dark-brown thick-glass bottle. The lotion is very effective but there is a slight "burning" sensation when u first apply it. In the mean-while, do refrain fro any hanky-panky and as a precaution u might want to wash ALL your undies in hot water.

06/04/00 07:31:57

Comments:

To sigh;

If you don't wanna shave the hair, you may try to apply some lotion to kill crab lice.I guess you can get it at pharmacies.

Take care!

06/04/00 06:39:13

Name: sigh

Comments:

Hi Asia Guy, does shaving all removes all those 'crabs' together forever? Shave? OK... Thanks!

06/04/00 06:32:25

Name: yck

Comments:

will be at yck pool at 3pm on 5.6.2000. Black bods, pleasantlk, tone fit.come and join me hunks

06/04/00 06:29:01

Name: Asian Guy

Comments:

Sigh I think you have to shave your hair to get rid off those....they are crab lice likes the one we have on the hair

06/04/00 06:18:47

Name: sigh

Comments:

Hi guys.

I have a problem that I hope you all can help me solve. These few days, I find my pubic area very itchy and upon checking, I find some small crab-like creatures within the hair! Can someone tell me how to get rid of them? Do I need to see a doctor? Wha about some AJ doctor that you all can recommend?

06/03/00 20:53:38

Comments:

06/03/00 20:53:16

Name: chye

Comments:

i just ried to post here, thru post button 'n finished up in someones home page first time...but not second time.

re ak comment: sad so little response to Straits time feed back, maybe younger guys not so print oriented. i no longer singaporean, but some of my heart still there so i took time to make comment when my bf told me about chance. actually, i think relationship recognition is imprtant. read bulletin boards and desire for partner comes thru strong. but if u can't introduce partner as partner - then is sad and negative to relationship. i been with my bf for 11 year now...'n i think that recognition is important in staying together. first , we recognsied by govt...even tho only by immigration department. but now our relationship recognised by partnership laws. eg we have right to visit h spital if partner is there and control if serious illness or injury. Home is recognised as 'our home' and relatives can't come and take stuff away as they could before if partner dies. finally lovers family - mother, brother, sister and their families rec gnise us...we get invited to family functions together... this imprtant to me anyway 'cos i was orphan. but i think it strengthen our relationship, because we are spoken of as a unit, not as individuals. and this involves zens comments....if only way u can express what u r is thru one channel (sex) then that's what will happen.... dunno if less sex in english speaking world among gay people, but at least it is possible to do many things and many more plac s and ways to meet prospective partners since there came to be more freedom.

just some thots on situation...wish u guys well tho in getting freedom to be what u r.

06/03/00 20:18:59

Comments:

I'm 27y/o, chn guy looking fun.

06/03/00 19:14:02

Name: stroker

Comments:

WOW! Stroke was wonderful tonite! I was there and got to fxxk 3 guys, got sucked by many times that number, got fondled by many hands, nipple-sucked by many more.. and came thrice over a span of 3hrs! Got an even proportion of hunks/studs/pretty boys and he uncles.. :P I think everyone more or less enjoyed themselves. I sure did. Got to play with this really good looking sexy hunk. Sure.. Sex may not be the most important thing in life.. but it sure as hell give one a major thrill!

06/03/00 18:18:03

Name: Malayadmirer

Comments:

Anybody knows who is the cover guy on I-S Magazine (May19-June20 Issue)? He is really sexy to me...

06/03/00 17:54:52

Name: AyCee

Comments:

looking for a PTE Cheng from School of Naval Training 2 yrs back. Saw u on SBS bus no. 2 on 3rd June 2000 around 12midnite, u boarded at Bugis Village bus-stop. At first you didn't see me when you came up to the upperdeck, but you noticed me when I glance at you as I walked down the stairs when the bus reached Eunos MRT bustop. After I stepped out of the bus, I looked up to the upperdeck, and saw you looking down at me! I waved at you and you waved back! I know you still remmeber me! ^_^ I'm PTE Yap, your batchboy in School of Naval Training 2 yrs ago. Dunno wether you'll see this msg or not (don't even noe if you're gay or str8.. heee... 8P), but then I won't let any chance slip by.. if you happen to see this msg, do reply me... 2 yrs no contact liao, mis u alot! Hee...

06/03/00 17:09:54

Comments:

http://www.nhutcam.com/cam2.html live sex this minute, but you can't see much

06/03/00 16:52:18

Name: nat

Comments:

i mean sunday

06/03/00 16:51:04

Name: nat My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: sucking Your Fav Body Type: slim

Your Nationality: sg chn

Comments:

anyone going to tpy sp 2mmorrow?

06/03/00 16:18:38

Name: BigGuy32 My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Body Type: Chubs n Mature

Comments:

To: The chinese chub gentlemen at Coffee Bean Promenade terrace sitting with his ang-moh friend last evening ... Fm: The big guy n his chub friend wearing the POWER 98 T-shirt going around looking for lost DJs ... Hi. Noticed u smiling at us but cos we were so busy playing the contest didnt have time to stop n chat. If u are reading this mail, please email so we can get better acquainted .... : ) dont wanna miss a another opportunity to make new friends ...

06/03/00 08:53:33

Comments:

ak, sounds great. I would want to see social injustice towards us corrected. And I don't see how we can go about doing that if our overall atmostphere is so preoccupied with sex. Toilet sex, orgies....we give strength to biased regulations that lump ho osexuality with immorality and sexual perversions. While not intruding into how people want to conduct their sex lives, I believe these phenomenon are going to get us nowhere, reducing us to gain nothing but endless loops of primal instinctual pleasure. A a person you do not grow, as a community, an otherwise justified cause we want to fight for will appear terribly unconvincing to the general public, who would be unsure of what they will be supporting, "is it justice or wrongdoing?"

What is so gratifying about orgies, sex in cubicles? Empty. They pale terribly when compared to a sense of community and friendship, warmth, love and companionship. Which is what I think people like Alex Au is working on. On a personal note, I find it ery very awkward and unsatisfying to kiss and hug, let alone fxxk someone I do not know. Sure you can still enjoy it for the body's sake. Still, I feel rather strong about this. I only love sex in the context of emotional intimacy.

06/03/00 04:11:51

Comments:

Looks like the Straits Times gay feedback got a lukewarm response at most. Everything seems to be muted and there were none of those fiery remarks like those we received on that Jean Danker show on the radio some time back. But some of the comments do rai e pertinent issues.

What exactly is it that we, gays, really want right now? We're successful in what we do. We're able to go around with our lives like normal people for the most part of the time. The authorities close their eyes as long as we do not make a nuisance of ourselves. We have gay clubs, pubs, gyms, saunas, etc. And we have become regarded by many as one of the more glamourous cities for picking up gay boys. We are an open secret. I think the next step is to go for the more grounded reasons .. I hope. I will support efforts for gay equality.. say, at the workplace. I will support issues like anti-discrimination and prejudices towards gays. I will support initiatives for the better understanding of the gay lifestyle and education. Support gro ps would be good.. for the struggling young gays, and for the families and close ones. But I do not think we should drag the gay cause to the extent of formalising the gay identity. Or promoting gay marriages. To introduce amendments to current acts and b lls for gay rights. To drag gay issues into politics. I think Singapore is NOT ready for that.

I'm happy being what I am in cosmopolitan Singapore. I think we have the resources and foundation to succeed in life, be it here or any other place in the world. The most important thing is that we shouldn't limit ourselves to the confines of our society. Ultimately, Life is not about being gay. It is about you. :)

06/03/00 01:03:59

Name: Ryu

Comments:

anyone going to Ryu this evening?

06/02/00 21:42:10

Name: ButtMuncher My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: Shower PoolSex

Your Fav Body Type: Fit Toned Your Nationality: Singapore

Comments:

Me 27 175 64 Chinese, leanfit prefers being a top. Fav sex activity/fantasy is sharing a shower/pool with a moderately hairy chested toned fit guy with/or thick puppy like moustache/beard men would be a plus for hot wet sex. Clean cut guys r fine too. U m st be pleasant manly n have a place to meetup for overnite sex n prepares to sleep in nude :) No fat, effeminate or ugly guys pls! Reply with your contact no. so that I can keep your bed warm n we can moan together sexily on your bed. U certainly wont be isappointed with our sexperience adventure. Cya Cheers

06/02/00 17:54:57

Comments:

wanded to have fun............!

06/02/00 16:49:21

Name: purrfectnine My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: kissing/caressing

Your Fav Body Type: well maintained Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

Guy who exists at YCK pool on 01/06/00 (evening), wearing white bods trunk. Like to befriend you. Email me, perhaps can go for coffee for a start.

06/02/00 16:16:59

Name: Uncle

Comments:

(Something odd happening as I keep trying to post my full message. Last attempt coming up):

Thank you, AK, for your kind balanced piece on us Uncles. You've expanded well on my points and I know how awful some Uncles can be, having experienced them in my youth and seen them in operation in places like Babylon in Bangkok.

You mention that Max of Stroke might give entry discounts to "the more mature crowd (26 to 35)" on say Fridays. Well, dear, I have to tell you that some of us Uncles are well beyond that limit. Indeed, double those numbers might be more appropriate. Judgi g by the sites on the Web catering for those into older men, and by the success of my Older Man Orgies, I feel we are still in demand.

As I mentioned before, and you alluded to, we provide mature comfort to those shy folk who feel awkward with those their own age. And the fact that we might not be as energetic in our lovemaking is appreciated by many who prefer to take things more gently Those not yet into Uncles might not realise that there's many a gorgeous hunk who would not go with anyone else!

Uncle

06/02/00 16:14:07

Comments:

(For some reason much of my last posting got chopped off. Here we go again):

Thank you, AK, for your kind balanced piece on us Uncles. You've expanded well on my points and I know how awful some Uncles can be, having experienced them in my youth and seen them in operation in places like Babylon in Bangkok.

As I mentioned before, and you alluded to, we provide mature comfort to those shy folk who feel awkward with those their own age. And the fact that we might not be as energetic in our lovemaking is appreciated by many who prefer to take things more gently Those not yet into Uncles might not realise that there's many a gorgeous hunk who would not go with anyone else!

Uncle

06/02/00 16:11:14

Name: jeff

Comments:

chrysalis! long time no see you! how are you?

well.. i also have the same problem with netscape... it will often hang when i am in this site.... wonder why...

06/02/00 16:07:10

Comments:

Uncle

06/02/00 15:22:17

Comments:

I was just wondering if anyone has written to The Strait Times about the gay issue? Ta

06/02/00 13:11:42

Name: Uncle Chrysalis

Comments:

hear hear and cheers to Uncle, Uncle Chaser, Uncle Orgy and ak. Hmmm ... ak are you who I think you are? If you are, would like to reconnect with you. :-)

06/02/00 06:15:23

Comments:

Right now! Adults only. Think something is about to happen! http://www.nhutcam.com/cam2.html

06/02/00 05:00:31

Name: matt My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: sucking

Your Fav Body Type: no preference

Comments:

Hi surprised visitor, saw your ad and just wondering if you'd like to know/meet me. I'm 32yrs Malay ( Passive ), 1.78m, 72kg, tanned and average built. Do reply to me at ftw69@hotmail.com Take care and looking forward for your reply. Bye.

06/02/00 04:15:53

Name: ken

Comments:

dunno why my netscape alway freeze(cannot reload, search etc) whenever come to this site? anyonw have same situation?

06/02/00 04:06:16

Name: alan

Comments:

hi...mi looking for 2 guys at venom on thursay...i was the guy with white singlet and white drawstrings pants....my singlet had a bukle on the right....i was drunk....and i met my frens beside the bar counter.....i was drinking beer and i was totally drunk....i almost fell...luckily u held mi by my waist and i got a special feeling....hope u read this and reply mi....mi wish to make frens with u..... p/s: one of the guys was wearing a jacket.....

06/02/00 03:27:52

Comments:

To the Surprised Visitor.. yep yep.. we Singaporean boys have grown quite cosmopolitan nowadays. Even the straight gorgeous boys are not afraid to smile back and return you your appreciative gazes.. :P Things are different now. Does it come hand in hand wi h our developed nation status? Maybe. Affluence has made us more confident and image conscious. And one thing I realise, there may be a lot of the vain lookers here, but essentially, we're all still human and as long as you know how to approach the guy.. e it with a gentle smile, without being too persistent.. we Singapore boys are generally a pleasant and friendly bunch. I like this place. Just take a walk downtown and you'll easily find PLUs.. nice looking ones too.. It makes life so much more pleasant omehow... until, of course, you get on the wrong side of the picture..

06/02/00 01:41:42

Name: Blue Speedo

Comments:

Orgy @ YCK POOL TOILET. 12PM.

06/01/00 19:39:12

Name: edward My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: everything

Your Fav Body Type: slim Your Nationality: international

Comments:

enjoyed reading about your life.....especially music....hope u can really make beautiful music with someone u luv one day.

06/01/00 18:34:21

Name: matt My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: sucking

Your Fav Body Type: no preference Your Nationality: asian

Comments:

Hi GWMchris, why don't you email to me at ftw69@hotmail.com and probably we could meet and get to know each other. I'm 32yrs Malay ( Passive ), 1.78m, 72kg, tanned, average built and enjoys the company of Caucasian men. Will give you my contact number and photo in my reply. Hope to hear from you soon. Bye.

06/01/00 17:54:36

Name: GWMchris My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: oral

Your Fav Body Type: smooth Your Nationality: USA

Comments:

I will be in Singapore from the U.S. on June 17. 34 White male, stocky/strong build, 7.5". Will have hotel. Looking for 1 or 2 (couple) of smooth asian guys to show me around and have some top/bottom fun. Please e-mail.

06/01/00 16:48:24

Name: Just Me

Comments:

I'm a chub who's a baby face. I visited HK and Taiwan recently, and discovered that the chub scene there is so much more happening and livelier than Singapore's. Last time, I thought Japan is the only Asian country that values chubs. So, I cant help but w nder why chubs aren't trul;y appreciated here. Are we THAT ugly? Although I'm not a chub lover myself, I dont hold my own kind in disdain and actually find some stocky ones attarctive, esp when they are mature and intelligent. Anybody care to tell me wher in Singapore does the chub scene happens? And that includes any chub website by Singaporeans. Thks in advance!

06/01/00 16:22:25

Name: older man orgy My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Body Type: big built chubby Your Nationality: sg

Comments:

came across this site http://www.bearcave.orgy/picture/picture_frame.cgi

06/01/00 15:45:56

Name: NUS

Comments:

Anyone going to NUS tom? wanna play?

06/01/00 10:20:21

Name: Surprised Visitor My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: Sucking Your Fav Body Type: any

Your Nationality: Australian

Comments:

Is Singapore the crusiest city in the world? I have been visiting for about a week, and despite homosexual sex being outlawed here, I think Singapore is one of the crusiest sities I have been to. There are SO many cute guys here - something about the Chinese and Malay blood I guess. Guys don't seem to hesitate to smile and even talk to you if you look interested at them. Keep it up! It's great!

06/01/00 07:16:58

Name: Muscle Bod

Comments:

Hi! Bedok pool today at 5 pm. Tanned and toned body with a boyish smile. Will be wearing a white Bods trunks. See you there!

06/01/00 05:01:15

Comments:

Click to subscribe to asian-men-in-action

06/01/00 04:28:04

Comments:

Different people have different preferences. I think uncles deserve the right to have their fun too. Thanks, Uncle, for your understanding. I have had my fair share of fun with the more mature crowd too and my observations are as follows...

1. They are less selfish when it comes to sex. It is about mutual enjoyment and they sure as hell know how to serve and enjoy it. I've had one which gave me a really good massage as we made love.. enjoyed that tremendously.

2. They are more confident. They know how to touch and how to turn a guy on with their hands, fingers, tongue, etc...

3. They give excellent blowjobs

4. They make us feel protected... someone to look up to as we snuggle.

Now, the problem with some of the uncles.. esp the ones that visit Stroke, is that they do not know when to stop. They are persistant, insistent, insolent. I think if a guy is not interested, they should just back off. I thot I was quite polite.. I usuall gently brush away the roving hands and say.. "I'm sorry, but I wish to walk around on my own first.." or "If you don't mind, your hands are a bit too cold for me.. " I had to plead many times last Tuesday becoz some of them simply refused to leave us alo e. I had to say things like.. "Please, can you give us some private time together?". And one of them actually answered, "Oh you two are so sexy.. make me horny.. let me suck your cock till you cum, I swallow both your cum.. please? Let me stay? I lick and clean up after you.. I can become your maid. You boys so pretty.. please?" Yep.. that was when we both decided to get up and go off. Get my drift? Thus, Uncle, I do not blame all the uncles.. just that I wish they do not behave so "desperate or hard up". know some older guys who exudes confidence.. despite their shape and age.. and to these people, yeah.. I respect them.

Incidentally, I think Max has gotten the drift and is coming up with special themes for the different days of the week. The more mature crowd (26-35) get entry discounts on Fridays.. so.. grab your chance.. all you uncle chasers.. :)

06/01/00 03:35:28

Name: mark My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Fav Sextivity: kiss and more

Your Fav Body Type: hairy, big build Your Nationality: singaporean

Comments:

good looking chine.35/164/62 wants to meet Indian friends of bigger build and above 30yo. please respond to my email add. (The wol there is as in where other options, l being an alphabet not a digit - just in case)

05/31/00 17:13:59

Name: when!!

Comments:

to the guy on 300500 at helllo singtel at 5pm plus looking around for handphone alone. ur hair was hi-lighted with a bit of gold, wearing a grey v-neck with bracelet. I wish u befriend u please e-mail me

And ppl i dont know why but i think most will agreed, seldom reply isnt it. Still I WISH things cou d happen. i have never gone to this extent b4!!!!!

05/31/00 16:19:04

Name: uncle orgy My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: hugging nipples playing Your Fav Body Type: chubby uncle bald with moustache

Comments:

I agree with U uncle chaser...cheerrrr

05/31/00 15:37:47

Comments:

My oh my, we poor Uncles have been coming in for a bashing recently. How nice to read Uncle Chaser's posting. There will be so many out there who have been dying to counter all this stuff about hunks and their desirability that it needs some others to bal nce up with their views about the loveliness of us Uncles.

Uncles and Uncle Chasers, please support us! I know you're there because of my regular OMO's (Old Man Orgies) and the great interest they attract. (Sorry to those who ask us to contact them with detail. We are very discreet and are reluctant to open up ot er than through personal introduction. We recommend you start your own OMO group).

What is it we Uncles can do (or not do) which will calm down those objectors to our presence in swimming pool changing rooms, saunas and FR bushes? We'd like to know, and please don't tell us to stay away because that's really not fair. We deserve a plac in the sun as much as you gorgeous hunks, and we wouldn't want to deny the pleasure to the likes of Uncle Chaser of seeing us gorgeous Uncles.

My own thoughts are that perhaps some of us Uncles could be a bit more circumspect before launching out with our hands when the groping sessions start. Some don't like that. We could look a bit more desirable by smiling sweetly rather than leering and dri bling when sitting watching a performance or a beautiful creature walk by. I might have said we could perhaps have made an effort to trim down on the old body fat, but then there are so many Chubby Chasers in Singapore, and it would be unfair to remove ou pear shapes from the scene. Some of us are so cuddly, and we do a great fellatio as well as provide mature comfort to those otherwise shy chaps.

Any other kind thoughts on this matter?

Uncle

05/31/00 13:37:34

Name: Chris

Comments:

Sorry to post an advertisement here.

I have 2 VCD. One is "Happy Together" starring Leslie & Tony. Another is "Bishonen" starring Daniel Wu. I am selling BOTH TOGETHER at $40.

05/31/00 13:01:00

Your Nationality: Sg

Comments:

Where is STROKE exactly? ANnn Siang hill but which part and next to what shop?

How much is the charges and is it safe from the police?

05/31/00 12:28:57

Name: Uncle Chaser My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: kissing & huggin Your Fav Body Type: Uncles With Big Belly

Comments:

hello people, since not everybody like Uncles, why not we have a night devoted just for Uncles and Uncle Chasers like me so that we will all have a pleasant time while visiting STROKE ? Just because we do not like certain body type, there is not need to m ke them sound "yucky" or disgusting, right ? So, lets come to an agreement on which day should be a night for Uncles, and which day should be for Mucles bod and etc etc. Make love, not war ...... cheers

05/31/00 12:27:33

Name: Uncle Lovers My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: Kissing & Huggin Your Fav Body Type: Older Guys With A Belly

Comments:

hello people, since not everybody like Uncles, why not we have a night devoted just for Uncles and Uncle Chasers like me so that we will all have a pleasant time while visiting STROKE ? Just because we do not like certain body type, there is not need to m ke them sound "yucky" or disgusting, right ? So, lets come to an agreement on which day should be a night for Uncles, and which day should be for Mucles bod and etc etc. Make love, not war ...... cheers

05/31/00 08:07:48

Name: Benson My Email: Email Me

Your Fav Sextivity: Oral Twist Your Fav Body Type: Tanned & Tonned

Your Nationality: American

Comments:

I am new this circle! I am going to the famous YCK pool @ 5PM, 1.6.00. Hope to make new friends with young swimmer. Spot me. I will be wearing a orange bods. I am very tanned and tonned.

05/31/00 05:52:20

Comments:

http://www.nhutcam.com/cam2.html Check it out now! Can die one!

05/31/00 03:42:03

Comments:

It is good to be wary, esp in a homophobic country like Singapore. But, hey... haven't we learnt anything? After the many years of cruising, I've kinda honed my survival skills and and finding out ways to go around the norm. So what if he has a database? nd to have your picture taken.. yeah.. quite worrisome. But I dun care.. the pic is taken using a Vidcam.. the resolution ain't too great. As for the IC No.. nobody there bothers to check your IC.. ie, you can just give any bunch of numbers that resembles an IC No, and nobody would even care. If he does choose to spam me based on my looks.. I dun mind either, it just shows that I am in the 'elite' group of people who's worth inviting.. :) . If I dun want it, I'll just block him.

Incidentally, I was at Stroke last night... a Tuesday night. Yeah.. was apprehensive about it.. but the counter boy was encouraging and said that there were a few worthwhile guys who'd be waiting for someone like me.. :) So, okaylah. It was abt 8pm.. At fi st, I was quite disappointed, becoz it wasn't so crowded, and there were quite a few uncles and beer bellied guys there (ie not my type). But as I walked down to shower.. hmm.. nice sight! There were the cute ones doing some warming up at the gym. And the e were a few more sitting around the steamroom area. I got a few eyes on me. Some of the more forward and older guys approached me and asked if I wanted to play. Some wanted to "be friends". I guess I was a bit aloof and just shrugged them off. And them I saw this rather cute guy with a nice bod sitting on the bench next to the steamroom. He was observing the way I was shrugging the others and well.. I admit, I was getting a bit frustrated. I needed to catch someone's attention. He looks like a good dish t try.

Thus.. I sauntered to the shower, stripped off my towel and did my shower act. Yep.. caught his attention. But I was still attracting some undesireable attention from the others. Thus, in frustration, I just went over to the steamroom, gently brushed his ands as I entered. He caught the hint and followed me... together with about 4 others.. :( (we both had our "leeches"). We tried doing it in the steamroom. But too stuffy, and there were too many hands all over us... very distracting. After some time, we ave up, went out and headed for the nearest toilet cubicle. Some privacy... but alas... the door wasn't able to close/lock properly!! Damn. We had lots of guys pushing at te door, and hands trying to grope us from outside. Sheesh. We managed to steal some time there.. but in the end, gave up again becoz people kept trying to barge in on us.. :( We chatted for a while.. and then decided to head up to the dark room. It was empty! Cool. And it was there that we finally decided to do it. It was passionate sex. man.. that guy sure as hell love foreplay! We were so into it that it didn't matter that 6-7 guys were gathering aorund us. There were many hands and our dicks were sucked by others as we kissed and embraced. People tried to join in, but we gently brushe them away. Whew.. it was hot. I think we were at it for nearly 2 hours. Sorry, JimmyW.. was supposed to call you.. but as u can see.. got extremely sidetracked! It was a nice experience. Only regret was that there were quite a few other guys who were rea ly cute there.. worth exploring. Still.. I have no complaints about my catch.. :) We actually went for supper at Boat Quay after that and had a lot to talk about. We only parted after midnight. Nice to bump into guys like that... :)

05/31/00 03:13:23

Name: hello My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Body Type: fit,tanned&muscular Your Nationality: s`porean lah

Comments:

I think that stroke place is not that bad after all.For those who encountered those"10 mths pregnant ah peks"...too bad loh cos you must know when to go there....for me,i dropped in after 8pm on a fri eve and the crowd there were mostly all my type(tanned fit&muscular type).I gussed i was just lucky.But as i heared that most hunks dropped in on fri eves and an occasional one on weekday nites...so keep your eyes open and don`t forget to ask the reception staff if there is your type of ppl in there that nite ..i'm sure they would be glad to "entertain" you for a while. I think the steam room is quite fun with all the water.You could just relax and do anything you want and won't be afraid to get caught(unless you wanna start an orgy) cos you can hear ppl coming in with all the trashing sound as they walk in the water.

05/31/00 03:10:52

Name: Informant

Comments:

Was told that membership at Strokes comes with an ID (with photo). Max (or Viper as he calls himself these days) keeps a database of the members' names with their photos and I/C number. This in itself is potentially a powerful database for our men in bl e if they decide to 'acquire' the database.

A friend said he saw the datafile and noted the faces of 'handsome' and 'not-so-handsome guys in an instance ! My fear is, what if the owner(s) of the database decide to 'exploit' it, eg, by spamming the poor victims, inviting them (without them even olunteering) for 'parties', or use the database for their own good ?

So please beware ! I'm not going to have my photo taken and be part of a record in the database.

05/30/00 17:33:15

Name: onetime

Comments:

to the guy with 2 other freinds, one of them smoking while crossing the road. U wore a sling bag..crossing the road from wheelock to shaw house(lido)around 5pm plus.u were the one in brown? Hope to chat with u cos i like u. i know things this like this might be pointless but i wish to just see that guy again if u know who u are.

05/30/00 14:48:53

Name: Flash

Comments:

U were in white shirt & black pants with a yellow helmet at Jurong Point on 30/05/2000 at ard 10.15 pm met in toilet. If you are the one please email me .

05/30/00 12:46:31

Name: asian guy

Comments:

Stroke is at Ansiang Hill Road

05/30/00 10:26:53

Name: HOPING My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Sextivity: SuckMe Your Fav Body Type: Soft & Smooth

Your Nationality: sporean

Comments:

Hi, I have read many stories of erotic happenings to guys being sucked till they cum. Read about some of u swallowing and taking your guys' cum. How I wish I was that guy. Luv to be sucked real good. Hope I could meet one of u lovely and pleasing ppl o deep throat me. Call me at 98962059 to night. Hope to drop in at your place after 10pm tonight.

05/30/00 05:05:29

Name: jeff

Comments:

wah.... this URL really interesting... though sometimes the body not so good.. but at least have live sex! ;p

http://www.djparis.com/cam-nojava.html

05/30/00 03:18:24

Comments:

I was reading Charles' posting.. is there a clear distinction between a Private Club and a Public Facility? I'm wondering if Stroke is registered as a private club.. (is there such a thing in Singapore??). If it is considered to be a public facility, then the authorities will have the right to enter without any warrant. Otherwise, they will have to treat it like any pte household, ie.. no entry unless they have a valid search warrant.. I hope it is the latter. Even then, safety can never be assured, and ju ging by some of the negative comments here, there seem to be people who are ready to snitch. I think if there should be any fear of that place being clamped down, it may be due to our own kind. Sad, innit?

05/30/00 02:57:40

Comments:

I like the JB place.. it is nice and the people are generally less uptight there.. The charges are not much different from the one in Singapore. Stroke charges me $12.. which is the same as if I'm to go to JB. I juts think it is more convenient to pop by SH.. maybe can chit chat with the people there first and decide later if I really DO want to enter and pay my $12. If not, I just hit my usual gym/spa and do my swimming laps or workout there... It beats having to wrestle with the crowd at the checkpoint, squeezing in the packed bus 170, or walk that 1-2km up the causeway.. plus, having to pay for cab to Leisure Mall, etc..

There has been some dissatisfactions about the flooded steamroom. I think it was intended to be that way. Max prolly thought it'd be fun to splash around while we get steamed up. It does have it's thrill factor. And the place is designed to be like a meta gear maze, with huge gloryholes.. it is just a playful concept. Maybe someone shud sound off to him and get him to drain the place if it is really so unfun.

05/30/00 01:06:51

Comments:

even the jb saunas charge membership the first time you go. i think it is msian dollar 25. the problem with stroke is whether we get value for money for $37 to enter the first time. i have not been there, because i want to hear from others first. dont loo like I will ever go after hearing all the reports. its not that i expect things to be cheap in singapore. after all the jb saunas charge msian dollar 30 per entry, and this is nearly $15 in singapore dollars. considering the rent and salaries here are easily twice as high, a sauna of at least jb standard ill have to be charging nearly $30 to succeed. if stroke is charging $17 for return visit, thats reasonable, maybe even cheap, but again what do you get for the money? flooded steam room? oh well, .... think i will go to jb this weekend. wonder if the cro d there has been reduced by stroke. the only problem is the causeway!

05/30/00 00:39:25

Comments:

wah.. how come argue about Stroke until like that? Go there and enjoy lor. If you dun enjoy, then leave and dun come back.. simple. All you bitter queens kena reject or wat???? I know that we all got some unhappyness with someone or other but dun let that turn us into sour pussies. We're GAY.. and we shud act it.. :) And yeah.. heard about that Geetalk Website, and even that Spartacus venture which failed. But they had reasons to why they wound down/failed.. which is mainly due to economics and red-tape... nd yeah.. some people lost money along the way.. Again lor.. I agree with AK.. it is all a risk lor. Can we not bitch bitch? Let's just make lurrrrve... :) And no... I am not at all chum chum with Max..

05/29/00 23:12:47

Comments:

3 albums of pics added. Click on URL to view.

05/29/00 16:58:26

Name: Charles

Your Nationality: San Fran ang mo

Comments:

To Anonymous,

1. All businesses are intended to make a profit. So? The question for the consumer is, do you get at least $X worth of pleasure or service for your $X charge?

2. It is customary for saunas in the U.S. to charge a membership fee so they can say they are private clubs. I think there are some legal differences between a private club and a public facility, although the law probably varies.

05/29/00 16:37:31

Name: GAY

Comments:

Please send your views on gays in singapore to stlocal@sph.com.sg. They may do another feature on gays in Singapore later this week. All our emails will be important! Tell Singapore how WE feel!It's now or never!!!

05/29/00 14:04:03

Name: JimmyW My Email: Email Me

Your Fav Sextivity: Foreplay 9-) Your Fav Body Type: Someone like me ?

Comments:

Oh dear

How did we ever get labelled as the honchos of Max ?

By the way, if you wish to prevent SPAMMing from anyone using simple BCC distribution lists (which is like 99% of all cases, including Max), try doing the following (I only know hotmail, but I figure the others have a similar option by now)

* Click on options

* Click on inbox protector

* Choose ON

* Click OK

This way, anything coming into your inbox from a mass distribution list will get filtered into the bulkmail box and will be cleared automatically after a while.

As for paying for membership, anyone who has visited ANY sauna or sports facilities, str8 or otherwise, would realise that this is standard fare with SOME exceptions.

Try Babylon in Malaysia (KL), Ryu in Malaysia (JB). Babylon in Thailand (BKK) charges on per entry, I think. But there is a membership option.

Most of the normal clubs like California (Singapore and HK, etc), The Lift Club (Tom Turks) in HK, etc do require membership or charge some higher rate.

Personally, if you can "tahan", abstinence is great. Finding a lifelong partner is a personal dream. But then, I'm probably too picky.

Yes, I can attest to Max being too busy to fool around on the Blowing Wind pages. He has his following, as does Venom, WhyNot, Babylon (Singapore), etc.

Frankly, I think all these places are just offering variety to satisfy the myriad taste-buds. I certainly support their existence.

As for good looking guys going to these saunas ? Err ? they do go there. Right AK ? *wink*

Enough said.

On another point, I found it refreshing that the Straits Times was actually willing to spare two full spreads on the PLU issue. Talk about putting the issue out into the open. This exposure beats ANY forum hands down. Anyone contributing to it ?

Unfortunately, I think the rules of the forum pages requires a real name? and follow-up number. That will rule out like 90% of the PLUs I know.

Next time perhaps.

05/29/00 07:53:55

Name: VCD boy

Comments:

"Bishonen" letting go at $25.

Interested, send email with tel # & area so that I can pass to you. YOu may click on URL above for the movie review.

05/29/00 07:40:32

Comments:

to the anonymous guy below.. yep, agree with wat you said. I alwas enjoy a day out at the FR beach... :) But, face it.. some people dun get that kind of luck. Some people prefer to be spoonfed. Some people just prefer to have all the amenities ready at th ir disposal. It is getting quite a spoilt world here. And that's where the bizness minded ones cash in.. :) Can't blame them, can we? We're good fodder.

But all that aside, when you think about it, it is all just a variation of cruising. Detach yourself, and you will realise how senseless all of it is. Cruising is great only for the immediate pleasure and the thrill. But ultimately, it tends to fall flat. Thus, if you find the right guy, do consider settling down. peace.

05/29/00 07:22:14

Comments:

Do not assume that gays are just gays. They can be business minded too,like the guy who is behind Stroke and perhaps, all the other saunas before stroke.

If the owner is taking such a high financial risks as one guy pointed out here, how could he afford to open one sauna after another ? Just for your sake ? to provide you a safe place for sex ? please .... LOL. For those of you who do not know, the guy once had a www site which has members etc...That was his initial marketing move. Now, is the harvest, can you blame him ? Well, i think you have to decide why you go there in the first place.

1. If it is sex, then dont complained about facility. If you are a hunk, you dont need to pay go there for "enjoyment". (just call me lah, haha) So, dont expect to see many hunks in saunas.

2. If it is facility, dont go there ! there are better saunas facility elswhere and cheaper. As in all-male places, you still get a bit of cruising ...

3. If it is both, you cant have the best of both world.

I am not here to discredit Stroke, they have expenses etc...But, when do you have to pay a regn fee to go into a sauna ? Except when someone knew you are hardup for "extra" perk in saunas. I think the regn is unjustify. The owner is catching on your weakness. So, if you choose to let him then its your fault , dont blame anyone. For me, I am smart, I go FR beach, it is free and I get variety....including tan , fit, hunks.... hehe. I get natural sauna too ! I would usually end up in a cheap place for steam bath, hot/cold pool (not tampines !), then let my dick hang loose for ppl o see and get excited....hehe....

05/29/00 07:00:58

Name: sun tan My URL: Visit Me

Your Fav Body Type: toned and well defined Your Nationality: singapoream

Comments:

i will be at the delta pool tomorrow and is keen to meet up with toned, tanned and fit guys. I shall be there at about noon to 3pm and will be wearing a yellow bods trunks. Do approach me if u fit the bills

05/29/00 06:32:19

Name: 2pid

Comments:

Just wondering any of u out there happen to be the guy who took ur lesson 2 class 2B @ SSDC on 1030 am , u were wearing blue and from ur booklets (which i happne to see) u seen to be an NS guy , u were @ the bus-stop but i think u dun have enuff change an walk away , too bad i got up the bus b4 u and i dun dare to apporached u if not will like to lend u the bus fare and be frenz wif u , anyway we both clear lesson 2 but guess u will only be learning on weekends aince u r in NS , hope to see u again :P ch ers ( i think u r tag 21 and i am tag 20)

05/29/00 01:56:43

Comments:

This is interesting. The Stroke Sauna seems to be gathering quite a lot of responses here. Without divulging too much, I think the owner is perhaps too busy to actually bother writing to BBs promoting his sauna. And with the running of the sauna, he is al o too busy to spam anyone with emails, etc. I'm quite neutral about it actually.

But I have to say, reading some of the negative comments does irk me a bit. Anyone with a conscious business sense will know that it is a high risk line that he is taking. He serves to provide us with a service which would otherwise not be available. And hus so, the sexually driven gays will have to resort to the streets or other cruising means which, in my opinion is really not any better off. At least he provides a shelter, and a fairly safe haven (check out the security measures...) for PLUs to play. A for the issue of the quality of guys there.. I have to agree.. it IS tiresome. But, face it. How to break even if you do not open up to these people???? He's got a prime location, right in the heart of Singapore (read: EXPENSIVE) town, in a refurbished s ophouse, with airconditioning, sauna facilities, staff to pay, extremely high maintenance with probably an overhaul every few months plus having the risk of the authorities clamping on him... do your mathematics and you'll realise that he is working on a ery discouraging premise. I am not one of his honchos... but I think we gays should just stop griping and making judgements about situations which we may not be privy to. Nobody knows how long the sauna will last. And noone really knows when the cute hunk boys would visit it. Everything is a risk. And you visiting it is a risk in itself. But without taking that risk, you'll never know how much you can gain.. be in monetary or just sheer pleasure. And if you dun want to take that risk, then don't. Such pla es holds different appeals for different people.

and to beware... have you been to any of his 'parties'? I'm sure there are many here who have... maybe they can let us in on the quality there....;P

05/28/00 23:53:52

Comments:

I wonder how much do bisexual people earn. :-)

05/28/00 18:59:14

Comments:

Too late! Shows over!

05/28/00 18:50:50

Comments:

Go this minute! Adults only!

05/28/00 18:14:29

Comments:

Just Me

Aiya! There is no need to put yourself down. My experience is most guys who tell me they are not attractive look just fine. So what if you do not look like Lai Ming. (Or I like Tom Cruise.) Very few guys do. Looks are one thing in a bathhouse, but outside, (or even in) personality is a big part of the mix that makes you attractive (or not) to others.

Just some friendly ang mo advice.

05/28/00 16:54:20

Name: Beware

Comments:

Guys, please beware of stroker and other similar posts about stroke. It's probably posted by Max Lim himself to generate publicity for his spa. He's known to do things like this. Already they have been SPAMMING people on his "mailing list" poor victims wh m he picked up from his parties and from bulletin boards. Once you are on his list, you'll get SPAMMED and no chance to get off the list unless you complain to their service provider.

05/28/00 16:16:48

Comments:

hi.. you went on Venom night. Of course the happening crowd won't be there! When you're ready to explore Stroke again, try a Friday or Saturday... between 6-10pm. You might find me there.. and trust me.. the crowd is MUCH better there around this time. As for the dissatisfactions.. well.. I did mention them before.. :) But as JimmyW said, you dun have to do anything if u dun like the people. Yes, some of them can be VERY desperate. Get some pride can or not???

05/28/00 15:59:02

Name: Just Me

Comments:

Ok, I can't believe that I'm doing this but before I decide agst doing so, let me just complete this posting... I have been noticing u at Kinokuniya for a long time, say almost 2 mths. U joined Kino not too long ago, and 1 of my frens who used to work the e pointed u out to me. U have been giving me glances at kino too..... but i dare not approach u because i'm not sure if u like me, or just giving me that I-know-you're-gay-too look.... last friday nite, saw u at sugar with a grp of frens, and u were danci g with a girl. i was with my usual grp of gers too... and saw u and ur fren talking abt me and u kept looking at me too. are u interested in me? or r u just teasing me? i thot u r quite cute, but i've no confidence myself as i'm not attractive at all... i u r interested, pls email or chat me up the next time u see me at kino. can? thks.

05/28/00 14:53:17

Name: TwentyTwo

Comments:

to hi: which 3 guys? was there today too... from ard 3 to 6...

05/28/00 14:38:20

Name: hi

Comments:

Went to Stroke tonite. Will definitely not go again! The $37 is not worth it even though subsequent visit is only $17. The sauna is small and not hot. The steam room is the worst i have seen! about 10 inches with water and u are stepping in water! Cro ded also. The crowd there is no good..am not prejudice on old guys but they are ver desperate. Just trying to touch even u show no interest! Only saw 3 guys not too bad there. Also, i think the place will be raided by the police as seriously dun think hey will allow such saunas to operate in Singapore. So guys, dun waste yr time going there.

05/28/00 13:42:08

Name: jeremy

Comments:

To Nick-

You certainly would need a work permit from the UK authoritites. Such permit is notoriously difficult to obtain as the UK immigration dept views all applications by Asians to enter the country with suspicion. [i wonder why - at least Singapore oes not have people sleeping on the streets, in the park, etc, unlike London.] The right thing to do is to have your UK employer apply on your behalf. If you have not already found a job with a UK employer, you can go as a tourist & try to look for one. A ter which, ask your employer to apply a work permit for you. The authorities normally take a LONG time in reverting on work permit applications. You may have to return to Singapore pending the approval. Hope this helps.

05/28/00 13:34:57

Comments:

To curiosity -

There are no private cubicles in Stroke, unlike saunas in Bangkok, Taipei, etc.

05/28/00 13:31:07

Comments:

To Alex -

But it is undoubtedly true that gays have more DISPOSABLE income than straights.

05/28/00 13:21:41

Name: Alex

Comments:

Study: Gay men better educated, but earn less than straight men

by Maureen Bogues for the Gay.com Network

So much for the oft-quoted myth about gay people earning more money than heterosexual people.

A new study says it's not so.

The study, which says it is the most comprehensive exploration of the demographics of gays in America, appears in this month's issue of Demography, the journal of the Population Association of America.

According to the authors, on average, gay men are better educated and earn less than their straight counterparts. Lesbians also have a higher level of education, but earn about the same as heterosexual women.

The 1990 Census was the first such population count to allow people to check off that they were living with a partner of the same sex. Information from that survey helped to inform this one, as well as information from the National Health and Socillustrat sial Life Survey and General Social Survey.

Survey findings include:

Among gay men, aged 25-34, 29 percent had a college degree, 13 percent had a graduate degree; among straight men, it was 13 percent versus 4 percent, respectively;

As far as income goes, straight men made $29,162 versus gay men's $28,618. With graduate degrees, the discrepancy between straight and gay men's salaries jumped to $4,000, or $36,072 for straight men to $32,465 for gay men.

Among lesbians, aged 35-44, with a college degree, the average income was $28,387 versus $28,734 for straight women; for women with graduate degrees, the income spread was similar.

Author Seth Sanders advises people not to draw definitive conclusions from the study because statistical data on the gay population is so difficult to collect and he has not yet pinned down the reasons for the discrepancies.

David Smith, spokesman for the Human Rights Campaign, says the results underscore why solid demographics are so difficult to get. "It illustrates the impact of anti-gay discrimination on income levels," Smith told the Associated Press.

Posted May 26, 2000

05/28/00 12:54:17

Name: Kelvin My URL: Visit Me

My Email: Email Me Your Nationality: Sporean Chn

Comments:

Hi... Am looking for 2nd hand car dealers/agent.... Anybody of you out there ? sincere replies appreciated. thanks.

05/28/00 12:25:10

Comments:

More youths going public, seeking help

MORE young people in Singapore are "coming out" into the open about their homosexual orientation, and a steady stream is seeking help on coping with it.

Singapore Planned Parenthood Association's president, Mr John Vijayan, believes this is because "more are looking for support from others with similar experiences and struggles", and that the younger generation is more accepting of gay persons.

In the last three years, the SPPA, which advocates family-life education programmes and offers advice on sexual matters, has counselled about 40 people each year.

Their ages ranged between 13 and 30, and their concerns included fear of their own inclinations and confusion about their feelings.

Some grappled with self-hatred and anger at their parents and society, while others fought depression and suicidal tendencies, says Mr Vijayan.

Tanjong Pagar GRC MP S. Vasoo, who heads the Government Parliamentary Committee on Community Development, notes: "Singapore is globalising and one cannot but be confronted with various social changes which are brought about by human interaction and IT.

The young must be taught, he adds, "how to live their lives at their best, with due concern for others".

Father Bernard Teo of the Novena Church says his staff members working among youth have reported that many are going through the phase of sexual confusion and talking about it.

It may be due to peer pressure to come out, he says.

"Some go along with the flow, some grow out of it, while others affirm it."

Finding out their child is gay "comes as a shock to some parents. They don't know how to handle it", adds the Catholic priest.

This does not mean, of course, that the number of gay people in Singapore has shot up.

No official data is available, but, going by the average in most countries, the homosexual community here should make up no more than about 5 per cent of the population.

In the United States, about 4 per cent of men and 2.3 per cent of women are exclusively homosexual. In China, surveys have found that about 5 per cent are homosexual.

05/28/00 12:22:47

Comments:

This appear in the Straits Times on 27 May. Definitely easier to link up to the page itself but the page may not be available afer the week...

Do gays have a place in S'pore?

A forum on gay issues was cancelled when the authorities rejected its application for a permit. But if "Everyone Matters" according to the Singapore 21 vision, don't gays matter too? Can community concerns and gay expression be reconciled? IRENE NG takes he wraps off a taboo subject.

DON'T ask, don't tell. And don't promote.

For a long time, this has been the unwritten code guiding how the homosexual community relates -- or should relate -- to the mainstream society in Singapore.

People are not asked as a matter of course if they are homosexual. Homosexuals do not have to tell and, as long as they do not promote their lifestyle, they can enjoy their pockets of freedom.

Underlying this code is the belief that the less said about homosexuals and their activities, the better the rest can live and let live, and the more homosexuals can go about their lives.

Mr Alex Au, 47, a gay man, had hoped to ask, tell and promote at a function tomorrow. He had planned to hold a forum at the Substation to ask where gay and lesbian Singaporeans stand in relation to the Singapore 21 vision.

It would tell of perceived discriminations against the gay minority, and promote the idea that homosexuality and its activities should not be stigmatised, criminalised or censored.

No such luck.

On Tuesday, the Public Entertainment Licensing Unit of the Home Affairs Ministry rejected his application for a permit to hold the forum.

In the clearest terms yet, the authorities said the forum would advance and legitimise the cause of homosexuals in Singapore.

As the mainstream moral values of Singaporeans are conservative and homosexual acts are unlawful, it would be contrary to the public interest to allow the forum, the police said.

So, for now at least, the status quo is protected.

But can it be maintained?

STATUS QUO RE-EXAMINED

WHETHER society likes it or not, there is now a thriving gay scene with gay bars and clubs. Nothing hush-hush about it, too: Impressive guide-lists are available on various websites, such as the Utopia Homo Page.

Films with gay themes, such as the Wedding Banquet and The Birdcage, have been shown at cinemas. At the recent film festival, four such films were screened to full houses.

Artistic experimentation has also become bolder: Some local plays have fleshed out gay-related dilemmas.

Bookstores, which used to carry one or two gay-related books, now have four to five shelves dedicated to them.

In a typical view, Nominated MP Zulkifli Baharudin, a member of the policy-discussion group The Roundtable, notes that society is already very tolerant of homosexuals, despite its conservative tenor.

Says Tanjong Pagar GRC MP S. Vasoo, who heads the Government Parliamentary Committee on Community Development: "As I see it, anyone in Singapore can have his private interests and everyone can do anything he wants in his life, so long as it does not viola e the laws of our society."

Therein lies the rub.

Many homosexuals interviewed point out that rules and institutions still discriminate against them.

They chafe at censorship rules which block out material "advocating" homosexuality. Popular TV episodes of Felicity and Ally McBeal with gay themes, for example, have been canned.

The Singapore Broadcasting Authority Act prohibits material which "advocates homosexuality or lesbianism, or depicts incest, paedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia".

Song-writer and Lianhe Zaobao columnist Ng King Kang is aghast that homosexuality and lesbianism are lumped together with "incest, paedophilia, bestiality and necrophilia".

"Is this being conservative or plain ignorant?" he asks rhetorically, wondering if this law could withstand scrutiny.

Another source of grievance is the mainstream media, which many homosexuals tend to view as an adversary. According to sociologist Leong Wai Teng, in his article on Singapore in a 1997 book, Sociolegal Control Of Homosexuality: "The media treats gays as c iminals, perverts and subjects for gossip and scandal."

He also referred to two government ministries "known to have employment policies tied to sexual orientation".

"In the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, self-acknowledged homosexuals are barred from appointments involving access to classified information, while "outed" homosexuals are dismissed or exiled to another ministry," he wrote. Homosexuals are "outed" when peop e force them out of the closet by making their sexual orientation known.

According to homosexuals interviewed, the status quo flies in the face of equality and the Singapore 21 dictum that "Everyone Matters". All they want, they assert, is nothing more than the rights enjoyed by other citizens.

These include the right to form associations and to have sexual relations without the Penal Code calling it "carnal intercourse against the order of nature" or an act of "gross indecency".

In a sense, the gay community has used these laws and guidelines as a kind of mirror, observing their reflection in the statutes criminalising their activities.

Nominated MP Claire Chiang says she has asked several gay activists what they want to do that they cannot already do discreetly. Why, a few years back, she was even invited to a gay "wedding" here.

Their common response, she says, was that they crave social acceptance and affection.

The homosexuals, being a fringe minority, lack the political clout to affect change. They do not enjoy widespread grassroots support, but have won a growing group of sympathisers from the ranks of the secular elite.

THEN CAME THE INTERNET

IN RECENT years, a series of catalysing events have served as an ongoing impetus for the more vocal homosexuals to act on their unhappiness.

One is the Government's rejection of their application to form a society called People Like Us (PLU) in 1997.

Its stated mission: To promote awareness and understanding of the issues and problems concerning gay, lesbian and bisexual persons.

Its application was rejected without official explanation in 1997, despite appeals right up to the Prime Minister.

Feeling even more alienated, gays have banded more closely together, where once their community was diffused and lacking in direction. The HIV scare has bonded them further.

Then came the Internet.

It opened the floodgates of communication, spawning chat forums, e-mail lists and Web personals. A vibrant virtual gay community was born.

Furthermore, as Mr Ng documents in his 1999 book, The Rainbow Connection: The Internet And The Singapore Gay Community, the wealth of information available online on gay-related issues has the effect of personal empowerment.

According to Mr Au, websites reporting the strides made by gay movements elsewhere have also emboldened the gay community here to step out.

So galvanised, gay activists here latched on to the Government's promise of opening up.

After all, they recall, in an S21 forum early this year, Deputy Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong said: "There is no policy too sensitive to question, and no subject so taboo that you cannot even mention it."

Indeed, it was mentioned -- and loudly -- during a live CNN interview with Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew in 1998: A gay man phoned to ask if gay people have a place in Singapore "as we move into a more tolerant millennium".

Mr Lee's reply, in a nutshell: It is a question of what a society considers acceptable, and Singaporeans are still largely very conservative.

DIFFERENT, NOT DEVIANT

PUBLIC attitudes towards homosexuality are varied and uneven across different groups. They are tied up closely with community norms and religious values in this multi-racial and multi-religious society.

Mr Murat Mohd Aris, manager of the Islamic Religious Council of Singapore's Office of Mufti, tells Insight categorically that homosexuality is forbidden in Islam.

"Islam views homosexual behaviour as a sinful act, which is a symptom of the decadence of society. It is a perverted means of satisfying natural urges. Homosexuality degrades a person and is a most unnatural way of life."

He adds: "Individuals with homosexual behaviour require psychological or medical treatment."

Then there is the Catholic stand, as expounded by Father Bernard Teo, Major-Superior of the Redemptorist Order in Singapore and Malaysia.

The Church makes a distinction between a person with a homosexual orientation and one who seeks homosexual activity, says the Novena Church priest, who has a PhD in moral theology and Christian ethics.

"The Catholic Church doesn't accept homosexual activities as a right because sexual activity has a special procreative meaning attached to it. But people with gay orientation are to be respected as persons in their own right."

So, it is all right to have a homosexual orientation as long as the homosexuals are chaste.

On the other end is Venerable Shi Ming Yi, secretary-general of Singapore Buddhist Federation.

Asked about the Buddhist stand on homosexuality, he appears stumped: "We have never discussed this."

There is nothing on the matter under the five Buddhist precepts, he mumbles.

Faced with such a mixed reception, gays have erected their own altars on the Internet, publicising groups such as Gay Christian Fellowship and Gay Buddhist Fellowship.

In secular society, however, sociologist Tan Ern Ser senses that social opinion on the gay issue has changed over the years, viewing gays as different rather than deviant.

This intuitive view seems to be backed by a recent survey by Mr Au and his friends, who polled about 500 Singaporeans on the streets and via the Internet.

Among other things, it found that of the 240 polled on the Internet, 74 per cent felt they would be able to accept a gay sibling, if not immediately then after a while.

In contrast, of the 251 polled on the streets, including HDB neighbourhoods, 46 per cent said the same.

This suggests that the Internet-savvy elite might be more open to the matter.

Among them is Ms Dana Lam, president of the Association of Women for Action and Research (Aware), who asserts: "As a heterosexual parent, I would not like my children to add to the unhappiness in our society by discriminating against difference."

But she alone cannot teach them this, she intones. "They need to be supported by society in their learning."

Chinese intellectual Lau Wai Har, a veteran educationist, does not think society is ready for this. "Homosexuality is not acceptable practice here."

In stronger terms, Mr Masagos Zulkifli, the president of the association of adult Islamic religious students, Perdaus, says Singapore should not be seen to promote social practices that are not acceptable by the religious groups here.

He adds: "It is certainly a real issue that must be addressed, but not by way of officially recognising that to lead a homosexual life is acceptable."

Perdaus does not think that homosexuality and lesbianism are consistent with the S21 vision, which aims to strengthen the family institution.

"In fact, it destroys the traditional family unit. It also goes against the policy to encourage Singaporeans to have more children."

So, while some community norms may evolve, one remains rock solid: The family as the basic building block, with the responsibility of carrying this unit into the next generation.

Against such a background, acceptance of a community of homosexual people seems difficult.

Opponents are thus inclined to link gay people's defiance of conservative sexual morality with an "anything goes" lifestyle that undermines the structure of society.

To compound matters, an accusation often levelled against gays is that they can influence the impressionable young to try out homosexuality.

Similar concerns prompted the authorities in Britain to ban in 1988 "the teaching in any maintained school of the acceptability of homosexuality as a pretended family relationship" .

But one should not over-simplify or over-generalise.

Father Teo says that he knows many homosexuals who make great contributions to the church and community and lead respectable lives.

"We need to respect them as persons and to educate people that these people have rights to their dignity," says the priest.

The issue needs to be addressed "because a lot of people suffer when things are not clarified".

But how to address it without being accused of "promoting" homosexuality? asks academic researcher Russell Heng.

"There are some real hurdles -- psychological, emotional, social, economic -- which gay people must face in many areas of their personal life and they want to talk about these issues."

So too heterosexuals who have a gay relative but who are unsure of how to deal with it because of the taboo nature of the subject, he says.

On that point, Ms Chiang, too, agrees. She also believes that there is room for freeing up the intellectual perspective on this issue. Social stigma can be moderated "by discussing it openly and raising our tolerance thresholds by signalling to the gay an lesbian community that it matters".

Cautions Mr Zulkifli, this is all very well, but if the matter is opened up for discussion, be prepared for some serious conflict and a hardening of conservative views.

Science cannot yet produce unequivocal answers to many of the questions regarding homosexuality that vex politicians or stir the "moral" community.

One factor, however, has become clear: Anyone who expects to make sense of Singapore society must accept that gay activities have become a more visible part of the social landscape.

No doubt, this will include the upcoming Speakers' Corner. There, speakers require no police permit, but only this: A Singaporean identity and the courage to face the crowd.