Male HQ

Any Good Non-Stick Pan To Recommend?

Guest Lookcook

Guest Lookcook

I've used Tefla nonstick pan for a year. The non stick Teflon is now worn out after 1 year and it sticks. 

I googled and found these pans with differing comments; some say good, some say no good, some say All nonstick pans only last for one year.

1. Happycall diamond wok  28cm $69, frying pan $59

2. Red copper pan - comments are mostly good but not sure if those sold on Singapore Qoo10, Lazada are genuine or China imitations. $50+

3. Tefla now has promotion reduced from $50+ to $32. May be worth it even if it lasts only one year.

Anybody can recommend?

The newer technology is ceramic pan. But even this will worn out if not used properly.

The trick is always used minimum heat. Never use prolong high heat.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Instead of teflon, can try anodised. It's not a layer of alloy; it's bonded to the metal and though the non-stick is not as smooth as teflon, there is no danger of the teflon seeping into the food. Brands like ASD offer anodised pans... (tho' it doesn't appear to be the best quality)...

• 4 months later...
On 22/09/2017 at 12:04 PM, Guest Lookcook said:

I've used Tefla nonstick pan for a year. The non stick Teflon is now worn out after 1 year and it sticks. 

I googled and found these pans with differing comments; some say good, some say no good, some say All nonstick pans only last for one year.

1. Happycall diamond wok  28cm $69, frying pan $59

2. Red copper pan - comments are mostly good but not sure if those sold on Singapore Qoo10, Lazada are genuine or China imitations. $50+

3. Tefla now has promotion reduced from $50+ to $32. May be worth it even if it lasts only one year.

Anybody can recommend?

My mom has been using happycall pans for years. No complains so far.

Be cool, like a breeze...

• 1 month later...

I am using cuisinart which I bought from Tang's for above $200.  Very happy with it and have been using it for more than 3 years now and still in pretty good condition.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...

Ah hah! Frying pans! The boon of anyone and everyone who cooks in their home or professional kitchen!..

I bought the Neoflam Die-cast Xtrema pan with OG's special price offer. I suppose it was my fault cos i was on low carb diet so for that month i ate mainly teriyaki marinated chicken from NTUC and veggies and egg. The chicken i cooked in the Neoflam pan skin side down so the oil would come out and skin would be crispy, i didn't add any oil. Stove fire was not too hot cos i knew these kinda pans cannot place on high heat, only low to slightly low medium. Lo and behold, less than 1 month, my pan's coating was coming off. Went to Neoflam Sg to complain. The lady at first said my fire too high...and then told me a 'secret' which was that, all non-stick pans, regardless of whatever material their made of be it ceramic or otherwise, need ABIT of oil when cooking...i as of now stopped using the pan personally cos food sticks to it le...instead i bought a new Greenlife Ceramic Pan...I did what she said and used her 'abit' of oil and have used the pan for about 3.5 months and the coatings still perfect as ever...and still use low to low medium heat for the fire of course...

Sorry i naggy. When comes to frying pans specially when newly bought gone wrong i can be quite pek cek lol..

• 2 weeks later...

I have several pans and woks and they used for different types of cooking.

for deep-frying, i use a japanese copper frying pan bought from isetan - cost about $350

for western style cooking, i use a cusinart frying pan

for grilling, is use Le Creuset which has lasted me more than 10 years

for chinese cooking, i use the a wok i bought from Robinsons during a promotion - original price $339 offer price $199 so i thought it was a good deal.

All in sex is fair.

On ‎26‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 4:01 PM, kimlo777 said:

I am using cuisinart which I bought from Tang's for above $200.  Very happy with it and have been using it for more than 3 years now and still in pretty good condition.

my fren in F&B luv this brand too!!!

is Creuset really that good? I just realised this brand is sold at those "Outlets" "premium outlets"

Do u often cook at home? cos all these brands r not cheap at all but again it shows your taste

17 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

is Creuset really that good? I just realised this brand is sold at those "Outlets" "premium outlets"

Do u often cook at home? cos all these brands r not cheap at all but again it shows your taste

i cook every weekend ... i find cooking very therapeutic plus i love eating haha.

All in sex is fair.

18 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

I like le creuset for many reasons:

1) it is a very good conductor of heat and is perfect for stewing and grilling

2) love the design especially its bright colors

3) they are really lasting ... all my le creuset wares are over ten years old and still good

Only setback is the weight ... so heavy and difficult when it comes to washing.

All in sex is fair.

Just now, kimlo777 said:

I like le creuset for many reasons:

1) it is a very good conductor of heat and is perfect for stewing and grilling

2) love the design especially its bright colors

3) they are really lasting ... all my le creuset wares are over ten years old and still good

Only setback is the weight ... so heavy and difficult when it comes to washing.

noted about your passion for food, cos I hardly see u posted in the dinner thread (glad that  u didn't)

grilling, u could grill using those pots? Yes ultra heavy, while heaviness is one of the popular reason pp pick n select good equipment

I don't quite like it

Just now, -Ignored- said:

noted about your passion for food, cos I hardly see u posted in the dinner thread (glad that  u didn't)

grilling, u could grill using those pots? Yes ultra heavy, while heaviness is one of the popular reason pp pick n select good equipment

I don't quite like it

haha no lah not using the pots. i have a le creuset grill pan specially for grilling steaks and my fave spanish red prawn over sea salt.  the le creuset grill pan can really conduct the heat through the salt and the prawn gets evenly cooked but never over-cooked. you know how bad overcooked prawns taste like, right?

All in sex is fair.

11 minutes ago, kimlo777 said:

haha no lah not using the pots. i have a le creuset grill pan specially for grilling steaks and my fave spanish red prawn over sea salt.  the le creuset grill pan can really conduct the heat through the salt and the prawn gets evenly cooked but never over-cooked. you know how bad overcooked prawns taste like, right?

very specific and particular, Kimlo! but that should be the attitude for cooking!
All along I knew u have a desire for certain food but didn't expect it to be on real food too (pun intended)

u made me hungry!

Strangely, many guests or mbrs would come to bw as though we r an info counter (asking for certain props, certain jobs) , after reading so many responses and without any conclusion  at all, they left the thread hanging...not sure why

Just now, -Ignored- said:

very specific and particular, Kimlo! but that should be the attitude for cooking!
All along I knew u have a desire for certain food but didn't expect it to be on real food too (pun intended)

u made me hungry!

Strangely, many guests or mbrs would come to bw as though we r an info counter (asking for certain props, certain jobs) , after reading so many responses and without any conclusion  at all, they left the thread hanging...not sure why

i feel sometimes they just want to size up if other readers would respond to their questions.

All in sex is fair.

Just now, kimlo777 said:

i feel sometimes they just want to size up if other readers would respond to their questions.

it is fine , but somehow the topic appeared random

I would love to hear about Malaysia' GE/Mahatthir and many real in-depth sg issues

I m opened for all kind of topics but somehow I felt weird , the way how pp do "sizing"

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.