Male HQ

Question: What goes on in my mind… when it comes to Compatibility? Confessions from my wild Imagination...

jerseyboys

( Disclaimer: My thoughts below are based on real events. Some of my prose maybe slightly exaggerated... for dramatic effect but the bulk of it was what went thru my mind last week. )

Just entered the Train, woo hoo, there’s a Gamer sitting in front of me. If we chatted... would I be able to endure all his chatter about special-powers & how-many-times-he’s-won? Def no, so swipe to the Left…Compatibility with me is zero.

To my right, first he has long legs, that’s a tick on my checklist coz he’s 1.8 metres. Next he has a photogenic face, check. Better still, he has flawless skin that’s better than Chuando!!! Wait a minute… from his dressing he seems to be a “High Maintenance Guy” judging from all the branded goods he’s clutching while on the train… I mean… seriously.. do U need to flaunt ur Gucci & LV on public transport? Sigh… he def looks good on the outside but he is merely “A cheap ( $2 Daiso) Christmas Present wrapped up in Gold Foil”. Again, Compatibility: Zero.

Next Guy… wears a blue band… looks like a Fitness Tracker.

Its as though his blue band was an invitation for me to “check him out further”… & I was right… Chiselled Body with those pecs which would make any woman go “Ga Ga”… if the train i’m sitting in were filled with Gay Men U prob get a “Pop Up Gay Sauna” in broad day light… Not only does he oozes Masculinity, he’s also got this athletic look… kinda reminds me of all those nights I used to idolise about “Mark Chay”...Gosh I wonder how many protein-shake-bottles are hidden in his sports bag… prob a dozen, haha! Jokes aside, this is def a zero-Compatibility for me coz he’s looks so good that straight men mite mistake him for a MB (money boy)… By the time I’m finished with this 3rd Guy… my Train ride suddenly becomes a “Tinder on Wheels” =) Oh I forgot! One more thing… he’s wearing this “Under Armour” Cap… he would make a perfect male version of “Sporty Spice”… LOL !!!

As the train reached Dover MRT… as expected… Singapore Poly Guys bring a breath of fresh air into the Train… but no way am I going to mingle with Minors… so all those from SP… swiped Left!

I admit… when seeing those SP guys… it kinda raised my blood pressure abit… & next we have guys from the 1980s standing in front of me, how I know? His receding hairline… I can’t help but wonder is he in the “Early or Late 30s” dept? But what… his Shirt is not ironed… does this mean he lives alone? If he lives alone… does it mean he’s a Foreigner? Wait… if his shirt is not pressed… does it mean his company is hiring him as an Executive & not a managerial position? Here comes the moment I prick my finger & remind myself “I am seeking Friendship & not hunting down a good catch from the Fishmonger” so I let go of all these stereotypes & silly observations…

Just when I was disappointed, my Compatibility Ratio goes up coz I like this guy… but I cannot accept him wearing pokka-dots & a Ear Stud. He reminds me of “John Lennon & Yoko Ono” & def should update his wardrobe...swipe left…

I can’t help but sense my neighbour sitting next to me. His legs are spaced apart, in fact he’s spreading his legs too wide-a-gap its as though “he’s trying to be Moses & part the Red Sea”… I wonder… maybe his nuts & spanner is oversized that’s why he needs to spread his pants 90-degress… zero Compatibility…

Next, a Nice Guy, pleasant looking, but hey! he’s fixated on his iPad… I luv the fact that he’s a Geek… like me but he seems to be addicted to his device… sigh… why do all the good guys have bad habits? This is a difficult one but def swipe left coz if we were in a relationship… I will be his “Tamagotchi” =( one more thing… if he’s using an iPad & EarPods… does it mean this Apple Devotee will convert me from Andoid to Apple? Urgh! I def prefer Android over Apple so Zero Compatibility!

By now U prob would be cursing & swearing over my “Under-rated & Over-rated” judgement of guys but I am merely “giving U a glimpse to the Psychology of a Gay Man when it comes to Assessing the Compatibility btw others & me… & it is only natural for my Imagination to make wild predictions… but we all know the Sparks & Chemistry btw two Strangers can never be predicted… it can only work when there is mutual trust, mutual respect & abit of “Grated Sugar Sprinkled over the Union”…

(Thank you for reading & I wish U a great week ahead).