Male HQ

Is it rude to be picky?

Guest tri28

When looking for someone to hookup or chat, I usually look for teens below 20, poly jc boys, drivers, etc. I dont think I’m good looking and I’m also chubby. Is it rude for me to be picky?

Guest Roll eyes
Just now, Guest Fatty said:

I want young and cute and hunky but they ignore or reject me.

Look in the mirror, that should be your standard.

I am the complete opposite, I work out and have a boyish face, so get hit on often. It gets annoying.

When i was young, about 20 years ago. I used to exercise, swim, carry weights. I go toilet, ppl follow me. 

when i go swimming, i had encounters more than 4 ppl JO in front of me. Yes, its annoying when those ppl are not my cuppa tea.

Now..... sigh.... i am those annoying, waiting to prey on young guys. hahaha

However, is it rude to be picky? Being picky can be also classified as knowing what u want in life. 

Edited by benedict5856

At the sauna in the dark room this guy  look boyish. Can't see clearly  I insist of him going out to some brighter area to see his look. He reply people who go to sauna are not  there to look for  boyfriend. Why bother to see face. Wat people want is just to release their cum Is that true?

If u 've what it takes to be picky, it is not.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

During the glorious days of Hometeam sauna @ Balestier there was this regular happening of pickiness in behavior which was so offensive that it led to quarrels and brawls.

First and foremost offending were those self-proclaimed Mr Starry who behaved like they were checking on the quality of the stock in a whorehouse.  They open + close the wooden sauna door  or turn on then turn off the lights to see inside.  Only if the stock passes  in his standard would he then continue to change to towel/underwear/naked to join in the sauna. Those sitting inside felt as if they were a bunch of prostitutes waiting for Mr Starry to pick. In order to avoid being picked/unpicked, some would dodge, stoop their heads, shift their towels from covering crotch to covering head, etc.  The best was not to occupy that centre space of the bench or else you would be accused of scaring Mr Starry away being the first in line in eye contact.  Its common to hear "he left seeing you",  "you offended him is it?", etc. Crazy! 

Equally offending is Mr Bang Bang.  These supermodels behaved like they have just seen the ugliest of gays that they would slammed the shower doors or sauna doors so hard to get their message across. One would really jumped up if showering in another cubicle at that time.  In fact on few occasions the sauna door was tilted after rebounding hitting hard on the concrete outside the sauna.  Not that they were straight guys showing anger. This behavior was definitely overboard.

Third on the list were Mr Stuckups.  The behavior displays so much looking down of a decent person who didn't even try  to attract his attention.  The moment you step into the sauna, Mr Stuckups would leave the room.  Not believing it, the moment you stepped out he would then get in.  This hit really really hard when all in the room left the moment you walked in .  This behavior has a bit of herd mentality led by Mr Stuckup.  What would it be like if the situation is reversed, 

that is he arrived while you were already inside?  Mr stuckup would led his eyed-on guy out for a private time in the cubicles at times leaving this premise entirely. Are we made to be losers?  Not me.  I managed to get some of these social menace to hound on me wasting their time.  Those that i have no influence on, I would just laugh myself loud.

To be honest, it's not a bad thing at all. In fact, it's quite natural. Each person has their own personal preferences. But at the same time, you just have to respect others' preferences too. Otherwise, it would be hypocrite of you and I think this is the question you actually wanted to ask, isn't it? Not rude. Anyway, being picky or having a personal preferences is what makes us humans. We just have to accept it. 

Edited by NeoAstro

• 10 months later...
On 10/7/2017 at 12:49 AM, Guest tri28 said:

When looking for someone to hookup or chat, I usually look for teens below 20, poly jc boys, drivers, etc. I dont think I’m good looking and I’m also chubby. Is it rude for me to be picky?

On 10/9/2017 at 1:41 AM, Aces87 said:

It is not rude. Just your own preferences. Everyone has one. But do reject politely and accept graciously when rejected. But then again some people just couldn’t take it. 

True. It really doesn’t matter how you look especially if you are below average looking for others. You are just being honest to yourself and to the other party. 

Everyone has preferences. So, it’s ok to go for the one that you prefer. 

But, also note that the person you are going for ALSO HAVE preferences and you might not be in his list. 

So, rude or not, it’s not about being picky. It’s about how to politely decline the person... But of cuz, there’s also people who cannot handle rejection. These people, after you had politely decline, and they still head on, then you have to make the next call of decision to head butt back or just ignore. That, the choice is yours. 

It’s not rude to have preferences. It’s rude when you reject someone’s advances with unkind words or violent actions. 

Personally I feel bad when I reject someone because I’m often the one being rejected so I know how it can hurt. So when I do reject someone I try to take the sting out of it by doing so as pleasantly as possible. For example in a sauna if someone I’m not interested in makes a move on me, I don’t slap his hand away like a mosquito; instead, gently move his hand away, smile and say thanks but I’m not interested, or just smile and shake my head. No need to “tsk” and roll my eyes and stomp away like some wounded diva. 

On 10/6/2017 at 12:49 PM, Guest tri28 said:

Is there a right or wrong to be picky in the first place ? If not ; why ask ........

Guest Am I right to say....
13 hours ago, Guest John said:

Is there a right or wrong to be picky in the first place ? If not ; why ask ........

It is wrong to be picky (by being a loud critique), but OK to be choosey (silently decide what suit you).  Am I right?

• 10 months later...
Guest guest
On 10/8/2017 at 5:52 PM, Guest Bien said:

During the glorious days of Hometeam sauna @ Balestier there was this regular happening of pickiness in behavior which was so offensive that it led to quarrels and brawls.

First and foremost offending were those self-proclaimed Mr Starry who behaved like they were checking on the quality of the stock in a whorehouse.  They open + close the wooden sauna door  or turn on then turn off the lights to see inside.  Only if the stock passes  in his standard would he then continue to change to towel/underwear/naked to join in the sauna. Those sitting inside felt as if they were a bunch of prostitutes waiting for Mr Starry to pick. In order to avoid being picked/unpicked, some would dodge, stoop their heads, shift their towels from covering crotch to covering head, etc.  The best was not to occupy that centre space of the bench or else you would be accused of scaring Mr Starry away being the first in line in eye contact.  Its common to hear "he left seeing you",  "you offended him is it?", etc. Crazy! 

Equally offending is Mr Bang Bang.  These supermodels behaved like they have just seen the ugliest of gays that they would slammed the shower doors or sauna doors so hard to get their message across. One would really jumped up if showering in another cubicle at that time.  In fact on few occasions the sauna door was tilted after rebounding hitting hard on the concrete outside the sauna.  Not that they were straight guys showing anger. This behavior was definitely overboard.

Third on the list were Mr Stuckups.  The behavior displays so much looking down of a decent person who didn't even try  to attract his attention.  The moment you step into the sauna, Mr Stuckups would leave the room.  Not believing it, the moment you stepped out he would then get in.  This hit really really hard when all in the room left the moment you walked in .  This behavior has a bit of herd mentality led by Mr Stuckup.  What would it be like if the situation is reversed, 

that is he arrived while you were already inside?  Mr stuckup would led his eyed-on guy out for a private time in the cubicles at times leaving this premise entirely. Are we made to be losers?  Not me.  I managed to get some of these social menace to hound on me wasting their time.  Those that i have no influence on, I would just laugh myself loud.

Oh well. But I think nothing us rude on being picky.

On 10/6/2017 at 7:39 PM, benedict5856 said:

When i was young, about 20 years ago. I used to exercise, swim, carry weights. I go toilet, ppl follow me. 

when i go swimming, i had encounters more than 4 ppl JO in front of me. Yes, its annoying when those ppl are not my cuppa tea.

Now..... sigh.... i am those annoying, waiting to pray on young guys. hahaha

However, is it rude to be picky? Being picky can be also classified as knowing what u want in life. 

Why you USED?  

As we get older, to exercise especially with weights becomes increasingly important and beneficial.  And it can even be enjoyable.

If you stopped exercising for 20 years and you are now about 40 y.o,  you are at an ideal age to start exercising now and improve for many decades.

In 5 years you can recover your former good shape and then younger people will come to you instead of you having to pray on them.

To be picky is an internal attitude that you don't need to show externally.  To be rude can happen independently of being picky or not.

On 10/8/2017 at 4:52 AM, Guest Bien said:

Now that I am old and not a model anymore it would be ideal for me to play with those picky creatures.

I would step into the sauna and make Mr Stuckups leave it, followed by his admirers.  One minute later I would step out, and Mr stuckups and his court would return.

Two minutes later I would step in again,  making Mr Stuckups leave again...  and return one minute later. 

In half an hour I could repeat this sequence ten times,  and feel so good about the control I have over Mr Stuckups  :lol:

Then I would sit in the middle of the bench facing the entrance, take off my towel and play with my balls. I would ask the others to count how many seconds elapse after Mr Starry enters and leaves immediately when seeing me.  And we would laugh our heads off.

7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Now that I am old and not a model anymore it would be ideal for me to play with those picky creatures.

I would step into the sauna and make Mr Stuckups leave it, followed by his admirers.  One minute later I would step out, and Mr stuckups and his court would return.

Two minutes later I would step in again,  making Mr Stuckups leave again...  and return one minute later. 

In half an hour I could repeat this sequence ten times,  and feel so good about the control I have over Mr Stuckups  :lol:

Then I would sit in the middle of the bench facing the entrance, take off my towel and play with my balls. I would ask the others to count how many seconds elapse after Mr Starry enters and leaves immediately when seeing me.  And we would laugh our heads off.

Born irritance

Guest Above Average Boy

How to Accept and Average Life

Below average guy saying you're not his type

Is it rude to be picky?

The above 3 consecutive topics seem to overlap each other, about a below average guy, whinning of being rejected.  Same person?

Guest Blank

I don't think it's rude. Myself have rejected at least 10 guys before, but we don't hate each other. I still keep in contact with some of them. Ironically, one of them is my bf's best friend...

When u are attached just kerp your focus on your partner. Your infidelity and ego are the the root of all problems

• 5 months later...
Guest Guest5

My neighbor next door who is already in his late 50s is still single. We think that he is gay. One night we were drinking and I show motive to have fun but he turned me down. I find it rude. Why he has to be picky at that age?

10 minutes ago, Guest Guest5 said:

My neighbor next door who is already in his late 50s is still single. We think that he is gay. One night we were drinking and I show motive to have fun but he turned me down. I find it rude. Why he has to be picky at that age?

I disagree with you that your neighbour was being rude and picky. He made the right decision at that moment. He was just being discreet to avoid any awkward situation and gossips amongst other neighbours who might be drinking together (as you mentioned WE).

1 hour ago, Guest Guest5 said:

It depends on How old are you?

If you are 90s, he's still a piece of fresh meat.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest U think u wat
8 hours ago, Guest Guest5 said:

He is probably a Virgin.  Very Noble guy at that age.  You think u wat? 

Guest Random
On 1/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Guest Guest5 said:

Sorry but I think you are the one being rude and self-entitled here. Just because he is in his 50s and single doesn't mean he should have no reference and accept any person hitting on him. 

On 1/5/2020 at 12:44 AM, Guest Guest5 said:

In your view, anyone in their late 50s cannot be picky. Which means if he is still picky, you must be really damn ugly.

On 1/4/2020 at 10:44 AM, Guest Guest5 said:

Someone in his later 50s can still be attractive and be accepted by one in his 30s.   Or even someone in his 20s.  This means that he can reject anyone who he does not find desirable. Also, if he is smart to be attractive in his later 50s he should be smart to "reject" in the most kind and least offensive way.

So don't feel bad of having been turned down.  It does not mean that you are undesirable, but you simply are not his type.  Besides... he only WILL be picky because he CAN be picky.

Exactly.  

50s is not rubbish bin. In fact, any age isn't as long as the person is well kept.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

you need to be hard right?

Guest under_rated

I notice it is only in SG where people are picky but they dont fall on their standards, like a tean boy who look average, no money to go out, average body etc but want a hunky rich handsome guy. Im surprised actually in other country they expect according on what they can give.

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest hscf16

It depends on the context and how one expresses their preferences. It's understandable to have preferences or standards when it comes to things like food, clothing, or other personal choices. However, expressing these preferences in a way that belittles or dismisses others who do not share those preferences could be considered rude or disrespectful.

It's important to communicate one's preferences respectfully and without judgment towards others. For example, saying "I don't eat meat" is different from saying "I can't believe you eat meat, it's disgusting." The former statement expresses a personal preference without criticizing others, while the latter statement can be seen as judgmental and disrespectful.

Ultimately, it's up to each individual to decide what their preferences and boundaries are, but it's important to express those preferences in a way that is considerate and respectful towards others.

Guest Swimmingcruiser

I agree with a lot of the comments here that it’s okay to be picky, but it’s not okay to be mean or rude about it. When I’m at the pool changing room, I get a lot of these old or fat cruisers who flash their dick at me or even ask me if I want fun. I just reply no thanks and just leave it at that. No need to look disgusted or angry. After all, we all will get old. Remember, karma is a bitch.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.