Male HQ

Woukd go on movie date with a complete stranger?

Guest cyrus08

9 hours ago, Guest cyrus08 said:

Had chatted this guy here for sometime. He said he got free movie tickets and inviting me to join him. I haven’t answered him. Should I go?

No.  If the guy you met has oral odor and he kept breathing it down your neck for the rest of the movie show, will you enjoy it?

Go for it! :) personally I think there’s good and bad.

Good because you’re are able to avoid the awkwardness as both of y’all will be fixated watching the movie.

Bad because it’s suppose to be a time when you guys should be talking and getting to know each other more.

But it’s fine because after the movie you guys can have a meal together and be used to each other’s physical presence since you already sat one hour plus beside him in the theatre :P

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:35 PM, Guest cyrus08 said:

Had chatted this guy here for sometime. He said he got free movie tickets and inviting me to join him. I haven’t answered him. Should I go?

if you have chatted with him for sometime, why is he considered a "complete stranger"?

The start of a budding new friendship. Might take an awful twist if you don't know him. But since you've been chatting with him, things should be fine? 

If it doesn't work out, make an excuse to leave the movie - whether halfway or at the end. You control your own fate.

On 10/12/2017 at 11:35 PM, Guest cyrus08 said:

i think :

1. he not your type

2. u worry have to pay

why so doubt - while you have nothing to lose, a simple outing not asking u go to room for sexual act.

i ever invite stranger at grindr since friend fly kite due to personal reason - 

1. those 20+ ask for free ticket

2. mostly all play hard to get - which i ignore

3. wishy washy type plenty 

Guest Don't ask.

I always thought, start with a coffee would be good.   However,  my first date with a bf was at a cinema.  It was dark, and his hand tried to touch mine throughout the show.  I like him, my hand inched closer to his groin, than feel his hardon. End of the movie,  nobody knows what the movie story was about..lol.    After show, we went to his house because he stayed alone and than.........

58 minutes ago, jarjarbinks said:

If it doesn't work out, make an excuse to leave the movie - whether halfway or at the end. You control your own fate.

hmmm, are you referring sexual act inside the movie ? 

just a movie lah...unless being molest lah is what you referring.

1 minute ago, Guest Don't ask. said:

I always thought, start with a coffee would be good.   However,  my first date with a bf was at a cinema.  It was dark, and his hand tried to touch mine throughout the show.  I like him, my hand inched closer to his groin, than feel his hardon. End of the movie,  nobody knows what the movie story was about..lol.    After show, we went to his house because he stayed alone and than.........

well say..no pain no gain !

revise : no shiok no gain...hahah

Ideally, strangers should meet in a public place with lots of escape/exit routes, in case the other person is not quite what he said he is. 

I suppose having conversed with him through the internet for a while, and since I will see him before I enter the cinema, I would go watch a movie with a person I have not personally met before - under these circumstances, he is not quite a stranger.

14 minutes ago, Diamond said:

hmmm, are you referring sexual act inside the movie ? 

just a movie lah...unless being molest lah is what you referring.

I meant if he's an oddball and you feel uncomfortable and really need to get away from him. 

6 minutes ago, jarjarbinks said:

I meant if he's an oddball and you feel uncomfortable and really need to get away from him. 

well you already got an answer for yourself so why ask us ?

i recall an oddball guy stories : our first meeting up was awful and disaster but encounter during an overseas event in Asia. I have a wonderful memories with him after came to realise that what went wrong during our first meeting, to sum it up - everyone got a bad day.

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Diamond said:

well you already got an answer for yourself so why ask us ?

i recall an oddball guy stories : our first meeting up was awful and disaster but encounter during an overseas event in Asia. I have a wonderful memories with him after came to realise that what went wrong during our first meeting, to sum it up - everyone got a bad day.

Some people are nice to stay throughout ma. Everyone has their experience with weirdos. 

Edited by jarjarbinks

Guest CJ Speller

Is the word WOULD really so difficult to spell that people can't do so correctly, or take 15 seconds to correct it when misspelled by accident, before hitting the post button?

Don't get defensive and accuse me of nitpicking. Proper spelling, especially of simple words, is the least bit of courtesy posters can give to those who will read their words.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, donaldduckeroo said:

I had a good experience and a horrible experience watching with a total stranger. Both were me asking them out from an app.

1st stranger was amazing, he was cuter than his photos, which did not do him any justice. We had such great chemistry that when both our hands touched reaching out for popcorn, we started holding hands already, and eventually made out halfway through the show. Then we went for drinks together with my other friends who were around the area.

We were making out throughout the whole night. Went out for a few dates after that and even kissed in front of other people.

But it never truly worked out. Oh well...

2nd experience was just pure awkwardness. He was totally not my type at all cos of the way he behaved in real life. And to be honest the show was a good show but I could not wait for it to be over so I do not have to entertain him any further.

We never contacted each other after the movie.

So ya, there's always a possibility of something magical, or something disastrous, going to a movie with a stranger. 

I dislike interacting during shows. Not only does it disturb the other viewers, it also distracts oneself from watching shows. A movie date is more of a stepping stone towards more interaction. Discussion of the movie after the show, having meals before or after that etc. 

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:03 AM, Eujiboo said:

Don't we all technically watch movies with strangers when we go to the cinema? ;D

But yes, why not. It's not really fruitful though since a movie date means no talking or actually getting to know the other person.

gd point

but we don't really say hi or interact w the other strangers

• 1 month later...

Everything has to start somewhere.

Go on a movie date with a stranger - why not? Been there, done that.

If he makes advances (whether romantically and/or sexually) and you don't like it, you can always pull a stop to it and tell him you're not comfortable.

And if you actually do like it, well, then continue.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.