Male HQ

How to keep your hair in place?

Guest Dry

12 minutes ago, Guest Professor X said:

Shave, go bald, will have no such problems. Saves money on products, haircuts and shampoo.

No, I still want to enjoy having hair,  because not everyone got hair up there nowadays.

Guest I want hair

I stopped using hair products especially gel and wax because I experience hair loss and scalp itchiness. Best solution is to cut short hairstyles which do not need them.

I like this product because it is non-greasy, and has a nice fruity smell.

It holds the hair very well without giving you the typical wet look that you get from gels.

But once you use it, remember not to accidentally comb your hair or run your fingers through it as it can be very painful since the hairspray's hold is pretty strong.

gatsby-super-hard-set-hair-spray-180g-so

6 hours ago, Phil said:

Guest Dry, what was exactly the kind of hair you had in mind?:D

The very least like David Beckham?

2 hours ago, CKW said:

But once you use it, remember not to accidentally comb your hair or run your fingers through it as it can be very painful since the hairspray's hold is pretty strong.

Like super-glue?  Oh my gosh!!!  I hope no Queen Bee spotted the sturdy nest up there otherwise it will be unimaginable.

On 10/21/2017 at 11:17 AM, CKW said:

I like this product because it is non-greasy, and has a nice fruity smell.

It holds the hair very well without giving you the typical wet look that you get from gels.

gatsby-super-hard-set-hair-spray-180g-so

To be professnl, this is used after u have wAxed/gel/pomaded your hair....

u will also notice that gatsby tend to free a bottle of this spray with their wax/products...

in those days, esp those born in the 60s-70s(who didnt upgrade their knowledge, sadly) tend to apply this directly as the only hair product ie w/o using the wax/gel/cream/pomade first

Edited by lovehandle

Just now, -Ignored- said:

in those days, esp those born in the 60s-70s(who didnt upgrade their knowledge, sadly) tend to apply this directly as the only hair product ie w/o using the wax/gel/cream/promade first

That's what I did when I was in uni!  LOL

Cos I really can't stand hair gel. Makes the hair very greasy, heavy and dull-looking. 

3 hours ago, justanotherme said:

Best way to keep your hair in shape is to use hairspray.

It helps if you wash and blowdry your hair first to pre-set the style and remove any oil/impurities.

I use was and spray, and can last me the entire day depending on how much spray I use. Some sprays tend to need a couple of wash to remove.

For people esp women, who have thicker hairs (compared to me ) may directly choose to spray w/o even using other product first

i will not recommend so and esp knowing its content

which is why do u see hairspray shown here? :- 

4 minutes ago, Guest Dry said:

Like super-glue?  Oh my gosh!!!  I hope no Queen Bee spotted the sturdy nest up there otherwise it will be unimaginable

It makes your hair a bit like soft plastic  :D

One time I forgot and I ran my fingers through my hair a few hours after spraying it on. My fingers got caught in my hair! Very painful  LOL

1 minute ago, CKW said:

That's what I did when I was in uni!  LOL

Cos I really can't stand hair gel. Makes the hair very greasy, heavy and dull-looking. 

aiyo, don't use gel lah

but I can imagine (cos you roughly mentioned your date of your enlistment before) for your age, you may have difficulty in learning to use wax , clay, and other sculpturing pdts pls , this is the 2010s era and do note that I m also in my 40s

if u google there are older article on sprays (for men)

These days, it’s far less fashionable  for men to use hairspray but used sparingly, it’s a great way to give you extra control over your thatch.....extra control after u have wax or putty them

and u might argue why do I need to follow fashionistas (I insisted on sprays) so let s follow business insider info like a true office men

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-mens-hair-product-2015-10/?IR=T&r=SG sprays are NOT inside too

goodness me - which is why Gatsby and some brands FOC sprays to still inject some sales to the sprays

it is hurtful for hair so use it sparingly , I envy your volume of hair must be quite thick!!!

Allow me to indulge a little..

Unless we are still living in the 1990s, think Jennifer Aniston's hairstyle, the best styling one should have is to go for a good haircut.  A good haircut need not be expensive - just one that suits your personality.  

It would be laughable if I spot a Korean-pop star hairdo now but for the past twenty years, I prefer to keep my hair short.  I feel it makes me more energetic and outgoing.  I have a denser top and crop to No. 2 (sometimes No. 1) at the sides.

so malu to show face...a photo taken last week at Dongtan Beach, Pattaya.  

我不是英俊, 但我不要变成“丑八怪”。。顺眼就行!

IMG20171010062332.jpg

22 minutes ago, abang said:

Allow me to indulge a little..

Unless we are still living in the 1990s, think Jennifer Aniston's hairstyle, the best styling one should have is to go for a good haircut.  A good haircut need not be expensive - just one that suits your personality.  

It would be laughable if I spot a Korean-pop star hairdo now but for the past twenty years, I prefer to keep my hair short.  I feel it makes me more energetic and outgoing.  I have a denser top and crop to No. 2 (sometimes No. 1) at the sides.

so malu to show face...a photo taken last week at Dongtan Beach, Pattaya.  

我不是英俊, 但我不要变成“丑八怪”。。顺眼就行!

IMG20171010062332.jpg

That explains why your profile pic looks energetic as well...

3 hours ago, abang said:

Thank you to those guests who are bothered to respond to my earlier post.

阔达的心态对待别人啦。。我的口不吃小鸡吧!

Huh? Did abang just replied to Guests??  :o

18 hours ago, CKW said:

You may find these two videos helpful.

I love Antonio's videos because they are very easy to understand and concise. His videos cover everything, from men's hair to clothing, shoes, watches, and even stuff like etiquette for men. 

I m  sorry if u really followed/liked Antonio's video, you should be quite up to date, CKW!

On ‎21‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, CKW said:

You may find these two videos helpful.

I love Antonio's videos because they are very easy to understand and concise. His videos cover everything, from men's hair to clothing, shoes, watches, and even stuff like etiquette for men. 

Don't bother, get an inforgraphic and view it all at one glance

I rem I posted that it in a hair-related thread too: while I don't assume humans to be forced to use products they are uncomfortable , they cannot be mentioning products that are too way-off

type of wax clay gel promade.jpg

• 4 months later...

this might be helpful for many males who cannot differentiate hair wax and etc

but it s quite true, they mentioned that males tend to comb in a typical way, I cannot forget the way how my straight frens brush their hair w a comb , it was very scary to me

A strong matte spray should suffice if you have short hair.

The humidity here is a nightmare if you have mid-length hair like mine and trying to keep it in place. On my dry hair I'll use wax and a very strong spray with high alc content (currently a Japanese brand called VO5, but you can try equivalents from Toni and Guy etc.). On top of that a finishing spray (e.g. Joico's humidity blocker) should do the trick.

Hope that helps.

Edited by hiroki

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/21/2017 at 2:10 PM, -Ignored- said:

To be professnl, this is used after u have wAxed/gel/pomaded your hair....

u will also notice that gatsby tend to free a bottle of this spray with their wax/products...

in those days, esp those born in the 60s-70s(who didnt upgrade their knowledge, sadly) tend to apply this directly as the only hair product ie w/o using the wax/gel/cream/pomade first

now no1 is using gel as also emphasized by Calvin: (only his dad's era) and my prev sharing, but if u have left over, dont waste it, quickly do the 1min thingy he recommended
use it in office before goin to pub?

or take it along to overseas trip and then just dump it after few use

Did anyone of u support your fellow BW members (esp some of u earning so much per mth)?

• 2 years later...