Male HQ

What would you do?

Guest Confused

Guest Confused

I appreciate those who read the entire post and to those who replied, thank you. I am sorry if the post is poorly written or too long. I just want to get a sense of things so I could improve on myself.

I befriended BB at least a couple of years ago (when he was single) and we occasionally texted and meet even after he got attached (although much lesser after that). I was okay since I regard him as a friend. But due to his schedule, we didn't meet for about a year at least. But I do try to just ask about his well being once in a while. Then he just stopped replying.

Back then I admit I was the kind that would wonder why when I didn't seem to have down anything wrong and only had the intention to remain friends. So one day we managed to settle on a date to meet but he had something on last minute so had to cancel that. He have yet to reschedule.

Before i met my current bf, my bf told me that he had met up with BB a few weeks prior to us meeting for the first time and had fun (I was ok with it coz well it's normal isn't it). But what annoyed me was that baker boy (since then also got attached) occasionally text my bf and ask him out to join him and his other friends or just two of them. And apparently he told my bf that he doesn't like Malay (me being one). I was aware he didn't like Malay as a partner but wasn't aware of that restriction as a friend.

So my bf and I actually joined baker boy and a group of his friends for cycling and me and him chatted, and exchanged Mobile Legends ID since we played the same game. My bf wasn't playing at that point in time. He has never has he invited me or accepted my invite for a game. But have played with my bf (who started playing a while later) on multiple occasions. He also have asked my bf to go out and even tho he knows that he's attached to me, BB made no attempts to ask my bf to jio me or jio me directly.

I made my frustration known to my bf. I told him I dislike how he played with my trust and stopped being friends coz of my race and have  multiple times seemingly wanted to rekindle the friendship and ended up just hanging me to dry. Yet was ok to be blatant about befriending him. But my bf although acknowledging that what baker boy did to me wasn't nice, since he wasn't treated poorly by BB, he won't stop his interactions with him.

Am i overthinking this? BB (before he was attached) did told my bf that if things didn't work out with me, to update him and maybe they can try with each other. I mean, would a friend do that behind another friend's back?

I mean if someone badmouthed my mother, would I still be ok with hanging out with them? Since they didn't badmouth me.

Guest While Not Looking

I think Unfabulous Baker Boy is a major jerk who is clearly hoping that your relationship fails so he can steal away your boyfriend. Meanwhile, your boyfriend doesn't have a good sense of empathy and is not a good choice for a longterm relationship, or else he would intervene and tell Unfabulous Baker Boy that he shouldn't mistreat you just because you are not the race that he finds physically attractive. That shouldn't have any bearing to playing online games or grabbing an occasional bite to eat. You might as well get ahead of the curve and do the inevitable as soon as possible. Break up with your boyfriend, because he clearly doesn't care if other people hurt you, and never will care. Then do everything humanly possible to avoid Unfabulous Baker Boy and his small minded circle for the rest of your life.

Interesting, I have a hunch on who you are referring to, baker boy is also in the forums.

Even his best friend thinks he is shady to sleep around.

You sound pretty young and I can say is that if you like your bf, you should respect that he should hang whoever he wants to.

There will be times you will think possible compromises to integrity. However look past this person and realise he will be one of the people you will know and forget.

For some of us, we befriend and defriend enough people to know people like this do not matter. 

• Guest locked this topic