Male HQ

Sweaty palm - heart problem?

Guest Guest

I have a very bad sweaty palm and sole. People told me that my heart might not be in good condition. I'm easily panic with people around like really really panic. Is there any cure to sweaty palm other than going for surgery cause I heard the sweat will come out in other area like buttock or lower abdomen.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I have a very bad sweaty palm and sole. People told me that my heart might not be in good condition. I'm easily panic with people around like really really panic. Is there any cure to sweaty palm other than going for surgery cause I heard the sweat will come out in other area like buttock or lower abdomen.

I have the same problem too, really scared of shaking hands with people in case they give me the disgusted look:frustrated:. Tried the botox injection once...effect only lasted about 3 weeks for me plus slight side effect of weak feeling in the palms.

Guest GUESt TS
37 minutes ago, eminent82 said:

I have the same problem too, really scared of shaking hands with people in case they give me the disgusted look:frustrated:. Tried the botox injection once...effect only lasted about 3 weeks for me plus slight side effect of weak feeling in the palms.

whenever I wear slipper  for slightly longer distance, the sweat on my sole is so terrible and smelly. after come back home, sure black colour with sweat on my feet. could it also explain why I'm so chicken little?

I had sweaty palms and feet throughout my lifetime... I just work my way around it...

So far, healthy as a horse...

I did inquire with my gp about surgery to stop it and i was informed that it does not take that obsessive sweating problem away, it just get diverted to other parts of the body... 

So i decided not to go for it...

10 hours ago, gc0805 said:

it's safer to check with your family dr than to ask for advice here. sometimes sweaty palms can be due to other problems.

my brother thought his sweaty palms were normal, but it turned out that he was suffering from a thyroid problem.

Is there a cure for thyroid problem? what kind of test is it? How did your brother approach the GP, I mean like Dr I have sweaty palm and feet and ...? Does your brother still have it?

I have had sweaty palms and feet since young. Looking back, I thought it was because I liked playing with water when I was a kid... so my hands were frequently wet.  I would sometimes get uncomfortable when my hands were dry.  Schoolwork was particularly uncomfortable especially when writing.  I had to place my handkerchief under my hand to prevent my page from getting soaked and my writing from being permanently smudged.  And under examination conditions, things could get worse.

I have lived with this condition all my life.  My doctor at the National Skin Centre told me that the condition would improve as I grow older, but it hasn't changed.  He has explored various treatment methods with me, e.g. iontophoresis, medicine (glycopyrrolate), botox injection and finally surgery.  Medical tests ruled out thyroid problem for me.

I have tried the former two, but you will need to get used to the side effects, e.g. dry mouth and dry eyes that cause headaches(especially with the medicine).

Iontophoresis is rather tedious as you will need to make regular fortnightly visits to the Centre for treatment.  There are commercially-available treatment kits on the market but I do not know about their effectiveness.  This treatment works for the first few days and then the sweating would increasingly creep up on you.

Taking medicine will also work if you take it on a daily or alternate day basis but the side effects will affect the quality of your working life especially if you need to be actively engaged with colleagues and clients.

Unfortunately these methods don't always work 100%.

1 hour ago, Drivendale said:

I have had sweaty palms and feet since young. Looking back, I thought it was because I liked playing with water when I was a kid... so my hands were frequently wet.  I would sometimes get uncomfortable when my hands were dry.  Schoolwork was particularly uncomfortable especially when writing.  I had to place my handkerchief under my hand to prevent my page from getting soaked and my writing from being permanently smudged.  And under examination conditions, things could get worse.

I have lived with this condition all my life.  My doctor at the National Skin Centre told me that the condition would improve as I grow older, but it hasn't changed.  He has explored various treatment methods with me, e.g. iontophoresis, medicine (glycopyrrolate), botox injection and finally surgery.  Medical tests ruled out thyroid problem for me.

I have tried the former two, but you will need to get used to the side effects, e.g. dry mouth and dry eyes that cause headaches(especially with the medicine).

Iontophoresis is rather tedious as you will need to make regular fortnightly visits to the Centre for treatment.  There are commercially-available treatment kits on the market but I do not know about their effectiveness.  This treatment works for the first few days and then the sweating would increasingly creep up on you.

Taking medicine will also work if you take it on a daily or alternate day basis but the side effects will affect the quality of your working life especially if you need to be actively engaged with colleagues and clients.

Unfortunately these methods don't always work 100%.

I already have dry eyes symptom even without taking the medicine. with the medicine I guess it will be even worse.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Guest :-( said:

omg sounds like i'm having the same thoughts as TS

sweaty palms and nervous with crowd since young!

but i was in Pes A, holding rifle with marksman :(

tht means sweaty palm wont affect life-threatening weapon@ all and is doing fine

Sorry, but is the newer gen more worrisome, more pampered, just do it man!

it is the brain that do the job, coordinate the task , empower u, not the hands, not the palms...........

be in horse riding or weapons, they have non-slip parts ...

So.....go for it, and be a man!

• Guest locked this topic