Male HQ

wireless sound system / speakers / audio (NOT for car audios)

lovehandle

Be it nano speakers or the likes

I realised the trend that no1 actually make purchases of CD/portable/ mini hifi systems that need cD/DVD or FM/AM (though I never listen to radio AT ALL)

Where are the real men in the gay world who are really enthu into such system?? ( I will never forget the fact that Michelle Chia said tt women spent money on expensive cosmetics and handbags or luxury items, while wat men spent on are equally expensive but it is to be shared by the whole FAMILY eg a car used by all, a good tv/sound system or a room renovate for that purpose!!!!!!!!!)
Everytime  I heard those tomboyish gals shared about so and so bought a new BOSE  blah blah, their sharing is just a good system loh and full stop (cannot even quote me the exact model no.)

so, never ever trust a lady can do a good review on such a sound system

While I handpicked clothings/accessories from overseas (seldom make such purchase in sg)- , I wish I could do so by picking some IT products or sound system , but hand carrying them to airport is tiring!!!! even walking for a very short dist

the Indonesia-made Polytron is so gd, in case your ears have NOT been exposed to good system (good means for a good value/costing yet u r able to achieve sound/output of a established brand)

it is NOT available in Sg or Msia, but bkk and indo ONLY

https://vimeo.com/93063375 : real hifi w/o half of its size and it is so affordable, easily u can  have one at less than Sgd 300 that could shake your flat and u will be in disbelief for LONG!

They don't ship https://www.polytron.co.id/?fuseaction=home.products&csection=product_HIFI&lang=en

Anyone bought any good speaker/system lately (not your mini portable speakers for child play)? pls share!  (below s$600 range)
I have many who come bragging to me about BOSE or Bang and Olufsen (BEO), I went Tangs in a quiet morning to test and test (as NO1 snatches w me ,  u need silence to test)
Tell me how do u test too?

Edited by lovehandle

• 4 months later...

anyone  using this in-ear? or the Quad driver? or all of use only earpods ?

https://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-1more-triple-driver-ear-headphones-review-premium-quality-mid-range-prices-updated

World's First THX® Certified Headphones!!

or its quad: but sgd 299!

3 minutes ago, Coolbriz said:

Lol y u assume all of us using EarPods? I’m using air nano by crazybaby. Nowadays prefer truly cableless in-ear

that is the best way to make pp here to respond,, lol!and many seemed to be snatching ear pod whenever I put it up for sales

nowadays? u mean in the past u pref headphone?

how is it? looked so fanciful but I m not sure of the sound?

https://crazybaby.com/air-nano

Ya your trick isn’t new but just reply since I’m free lol.. in the past where got cableless in-ear? 

So far so good with air nano. No dc and sound quality is good. But because of the one touch-button operation I keep triggering  it accidentally whenever I just want to adjust it.  It’s a product I backed via Kickstarter. 

Wow you distributor for earpods?

Edited by Coolbriz

Be cool, like a breeze...

no, I m not

I mean once I got a new iPhone, I immed dispose the pods away

sucks man

bass and quality is ultra important to me: read this (it cracked)

consistently didn't score well in bass:

Audio, must be a high weightage over the other criteria

And preferably, I would not want it wireless ie battery charge needed

the moment I saw the charger thingy , so bulky ....I.....

don't dare to comment further liao

did u got these for S$130? about there ?

watch before buying crazy bb (kind of a big deal for its cons esp sync issues that the other reviewers also mentioned)
Coolbriz, U rich man! spend on the water proof ones!  if not the "Touch" or the Ember (better bass?)-water resistance : the musician commented it set really nicely , without the bass overpowering the rest

sound no gd

• 3 weeks later...

anyone got these toys? (they questioned why would anyone carry these on their necks? i felt the idea innovative!)

Really that good? (he compared it w kenwd) - i felt kenwd has slightly more depth only , and it is hell lot of price diffce

a new Harman! so soon

and rem to click on the levitating speakers by LG on his review

Guest Eat Full

I love wireless freedom, buds currently using are airpods and jaybird x2, soundwise not that bad, but favourite for sound is Thinksound - wired tho, really brings out the clarity of some instruments in some songs I like (other buds make it sound muddy).

13 minutes ago, Guest Eat Full said:

I love wireless freedom, buds currently using are airpods and jaybird x2, soundwise not that bad, but favourite for sound is Thinksound - wired tho, really brings out the clarity of some instruments in some songs I like (other buds make it sound muddy).

Wow thinksound the wooden ones- not cheap bah

the reason for starting this thread is to ensure that we break the stereotypes (just like him, not many sportsmen has come out and somehow not many gays like ball sports, gym/running is not those kind of sports, all go for gym for a very good reason....most men and boys will go to the zoo/sea for creatures watching when they travel overseas , i wonder how many gays do that? )

i do noticed women dont really like to discuss politics (bitching is another thing) analysis is needed

women also dont like to talk about IT/sound systems, straight men yes, all the time but i cant find more except one 

Guest Ear Full
11 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Wow thinksound the wooden ones- not cheap bah

Paid about $100, but the sound is (for me) really good for on the go, still cheaper than airpods tho. Very sharp and crystal clear for some of the instrumental/vocal pieces I listen to.

2 minutes ago, Guest Ear Full said:

Paid about $100, but the sound is (for me) really good for on the go, still cheaper than airpods tho. Very sharp and crystal clear for some of the instrumental/vocal pieces I listen to.

100sgd is reasonable! 

some models can go up to more

my ear pc is (earphone, in ear) is already more than S$150

Guest Ear Full
6 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

100sgd is reasonable! 

some models can go up to more

my ear pc is (earphone, in ear) is already more than S$150

Yeah, unfortunately its no longer available retail in SG. Very tempted to buy their on-ears headphones too.

2 minutes ago, Guest Ear Full said:

Yeah, unfortunately its no longer available retail in SG. Very tempted to buy their on-ears headphones too.

really? 

now all dept malls are trying to create more items for the men's (one would notice that men's dept be it in isetan or whenever, there is a dept for audiophiles )

did u first get it from stereo? 

i saw it there, the staff are quite helpful too

https://www.stereo.com.sg i rem vividly that i tried their wooden in ears but wasnt that impressed , now i m using ATH in ear https://www.stereo.com.sg/catalogsearch/result/?q=ATH&order=name (it is only at home then i use over ear)

the only diffce shopping in sg is when u browse too long, they will come and qn u , sadly sometimes w their black face

during travelling, the shops out of sg is much larger w a wide product range to begin with

i have all the time to do what a man really like ie to browse as long as i want to (and many doesnt know how to test songs/musics< i posted on my fb, how some experts used which type of music to test, many just do some random testing w some random call out of music in their iphones

(why u didnt sign up as a BW mbr account?) 

Guest Ear Full
2 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

really? 

now all dept malls are trying to create more items for the men's (one would notice that men's dept be it in isetan or whenever, there is a dept for audiophiles )

did u first get it from stereo? 

i saw it there, the staff are quite helpful too

https://www.stereo.com.sg i rem vividly that i tried their wooden in ears but wasnt that impressed , now i m using ATH in ear https://www.stereo.com.sg/catalogsearch/result/?q=ATH&order=name (it is only at home then i use over ear)

the only diffce shopping in sg is when u browse too long, they will come and qn u , sadly sometimes w their black face

during travelling, the shops out of sg is much larger w a wide product range to begin with

i have all the time to do what a man really like ie to browse as long as i want to (and many doesnt know how to test songs/musics< i posted on my fb, how some experts used which type of music to test, many just do some random testing w some random call out of music in their iphones

(why u didnt sign up as a BW mbr account?) 

Stereo use to carry it, not anymore, low demand apparently.

Lazy to sign in, password too complicated. :P

On 4/11/2018 at 2:49 PM, Guest Ear Full said:

Stereo use to carry it, not anymore, low demand apparently.

Lazy to sign in, password too complicated. :P

not to worry, once sign in, u will never need to sign in again (be it using phone or laptop)

So glad to find someone who know "Stereo" shop and is concerned about such equipment!!!

• 3 months later...

Interesting topic that I just happened to see.

While I have always maintained a proper Hi-Fi Audio System, I've moved with the times

and upgraded it to include Digital Equipment.

A few years back, I even added a bluetooth receiver to stream music from mobile devices

or my laptop through my Main Hi-Fi System and enjoy the music through my floorstanding

speakers.

I'm not entirely a fan of headphones and the like... but do use them on long haul flights mostly.

I find that the music played through proper speakers gives you a better feel of what you're listening

to.   Such as when you are in a concert hall... you feel as well as hear the music.

Headphones give you direct in the ear music, and it is all contained in your head... you do not

get the effect reverberating through your body.

That for me makes a huge difference, over the choice how I enjoy my music.

I will still buy CD's and LP's...  cos, I love that medium.

I transfer the songs to my hard-drive or phone to listen on the go... yes... with headphones..haha

Happy listening !!

Cheers, Mike   :-) 

13 minutes ago, mike_amk said:

Interesting topic that I just happened to see.

While I have always maintained a proper Hi-Fi Audio System, I've moved with the times

and upgraded it to include Digital Equipment.

A few years back, I even added a bluetooth receiver to stream music from mobile devices

or my laptop through my Main Hi-Fi System and enjoy the music through my floorstanding

speakers.

I'm not entirely a fan of headphones and the like... but do use them on long haul flights mostly.

I find that the music played through proper speakers gives you a better feel of what you're listening

to.   Such as when you are in a concert hall... you feel as well as hear the music.

Headphones give you direct in the ear music, and it is all contained in your head... you do not

get the effect reverberating through your body.

That for me makes a huge difference, over the choice how I enjoy my music.

I will still buy CD's and LP's...  cos, I love that medium.

I transfer the songs to my hard-drive or phone to listen on the go... yes... with headphones..haha

Happy listening !!

Cheers, Mike   :-) 

any models to show us? or good recommendation?

My Audio Equipment are all separate brands that I have matched according to my Ideal.

I am using;

1) Hybrid Class A-B, Tube Power-Amplification that is Bi-Wired to my Speakers.

2) Tube output CD Player

3) Turntable with Moving-coil Cartridge 

4) Solid state Pre-Amp

5) Floor-standing 2 way reflex Speaker

6) High-End Cables and Interconnects

7) Tuner ( which I no longer use)

I have made additional audio connections for my BluRay/DVD player, ipod , phone and laptop .

I also have a 5.1 Home Theater System  for the TV and BluRay... YouTube....etc.

Edited by mike_amk

4 minutes ago, mike_amk said:

My Audio Equipment are all separate brands that I have matched according to my Ideal.

I am using;

2) Tube output CD Player

4) Solid state Pre-Amp

I have made additional audio connections for my BluRay/DVD player, ipod , phone and laptop .

wow! this looks like a recording studio

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/5/2018 at 9:24 PM, mike_amk said:

I am using;

2) Tube output CD Player

4) Solid state Pre-Amp

do  u use a sound bar? dont think so right?

wat is your dvd playr brand?

You are right, I would have no use for a soundbar, since I already have a good Hi-Fi System.

The video you have attached, explains the limits that a soundbar would fill, in the case of

some improvement upon the audio quality of the poor speakers found in flat TV's.

A soundbar will never come close to the audio quality of a proper Hi-Fi System, it

merely gives you some degree of improvement over the flat TV's sound.

I feel that a sleek soundbar would be more suitable in a bedroom, where space is

limited, and you would not require such wide audio bandwidth, and bass output as it

would be a too inconsiderate to the neighbours living in the units above and below yours.

As for my Blu-Ray/DVD player, I read a review of a good LG unit featured in the What Hi-Fi

magazine comparison test, and bought it... it works really well in my set-up, no complaints at all.

I have recently, added an internet media-streaming device, that connects to my TV via a HDMI.

The 4K quality of movies online is really good too, and free!!

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

somehow no1 talks or cares about posting related iphone ...sad sia

So funny reading those comments after these r posted:  but how could it be that an XR more expensive than a macbook?
(my fren would die to sign up with line/combo pkges that costs few hundreds per mth and get the phones cheap, who would wanna pay upfront without line to get expensive phone?
I will alwys get it with a line that fits my lifestyle)

6 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

somehow no1 talks or cares about posting related iphone ...sad sia

So funny reading those comments after these r posted:  but how could it be that an XR more expensive than a macbook?
(my fren would die to sign up with line/combo pkges that costs few hundreds per mth and get the phones cheap, who would wanna pay upfront without line to get expensive phone? I will alwys get it with a line that fits my lifestyle)

iPhones are getting ridiculously high priced, my last iphone gave me so much problems and even the replacement phone became so problematic in less than a year. Switching to Android - Huawei's new Mate 20pro.

tks for sharing
mine didnt really have any software problem 

yours got spoilt in less than a year?? 

2 minutes ago, axelrod said:

iPhones are getting ridiculously high priced, my last iphone gave me so much problems and even the replacement phone became so problematic in less than a year. Switching to Android - Huawei's new Mate 20pro.

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

tks for sharing
mine didnt really have any software 
yours got spoilt in less than a year?? 

Yes, in fact both my iphones had the touch disease, and up till now they still refuse to acknowledge and insist I pay for repairs, and by repair, its not just screen replacement, its to replace the entire phone unit. There were notable issues with the camera as well.

In the lawsuit in US, it was revealed that prior launch of the iphone 6+, they were aware of the screen issues yet they still went ahead to launch and re-issue to consumers, and after the 90 days warranty, the touch issue will set in.

2 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Yes, in fact both my iphones had the touch disease, and up till now they still refuse to acknowledge and insist I pay for repairs, and by repair, its not just screen replacement, its to replace the entire phone unit. There were notable issues with the camera as well.

In the lawsuit in US, it was revealed that prior launch of the iphone 6+, they were aware of the screen issues yet they still went ahead to launch and re-issue to consumers, and after the 90 days warranty, the touch issue will set in.

No wonder they changed it to face iD/recognition now, i hope they can stick to thumb biometric instead or give us that options

but mine  ok, my first smartphone and till now, i m still sticking with iphone 

I have ONLY use iphones without the pluses+, maybe larger functionality phones is easier to get ruined (always get the simpler version of it to make things less complicated which is why i wil not going to get the XS XS Max)
i have tried a xiaomi before but i felt its touch/sensing is not as good like an iphone
Most of our colleagues curse and swear when given an android phone in the company, we pref to use our own iphones

U must be one of those who are queueing here for this:  but what is so good with this?

6am is no big deal, i think pp camp overnite for iphone models

39 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

No wonder they changed it to face iD/recognition now, i hope they can stick to thumb biometric instead or give us that options

but mine  ok, my first smartphone and till now, i m still sticking with iphone 

I have ONLY use iphones without the pluses+, maybe larger functionality phones is easier to get ruined (always get the simpler version of it to make things less complicated which is why i wil not going to get the XS XS Max)
i have tried a xiaomi before but i felt its touch/sensing is not as good like an iphone
Most of our colleagues curse and swear when given an android phone in the company, we pref to use our own iphones

U must be one of those who are queueing here for this:  but what is so good with this?

6am is no big deal, i think pp camp overnite for iphone models

No I don't queue for these stuff, but to think Sporeans will queue for anything other than for iphone, it must have struck a good impression -or the launch freebies are really good, plus a combination of poor queue management apparently.

Anyway the specs for Mate 20 Pro is quite impressive, possibly the best android phone this year.

2 hours ago, axelrod said:

No I don't queue for these stuff, but to think Sporeans will queue for anything other than for iphone, it must have struck a good impression -or the launch freebies are really good, plus a combination of poor queue management apparently.

Anyway the specs for Mate 20 Pro is quite impressive, possibly the best android phone this year.

speed is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is huawei very cheap??????

40 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

speed is good!!!!!!!!!!!!!! is huawei very cheap??????

Think its fast cos its new, will have to see in a couple months when updates come and apps get heavier.

Much cheaper, its 6GB RAM, 128GB capacity (expandable to 256GB) about $1350, 2 year warranty and 1 year of their door to door repair. The tri-Leica lens is quite impressive, has very fast charge, wireless charging (and reverse charging), on-screen finger ID and face ID as well.

14 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Think its fast cos its new, will have to see in a couple months when updates come and apps get heavier.

Much cheaper, its 6GB RAM, 128GB capacity (expandable to 256GB) about $1350, 2 year warranty and 1 year of their door to door repair. The tri-Leica lens is quite impressive, has very fast charge, wireless charging (and reverse charging), on-screen finger ID and face ID as well.

kinda disptd that Apple remove the Finger ID!!!!!!! so silly!!!!!!!!!!! and no door to door for sure
no leica

i m thinking of an "R"

26 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

kinda disptd that Apple remove the Finger ID!!!!!!! so silly!!!!!!!!!!! and no door to door for sure
no leica

i m thinking of an "R"

I won't cos the the R is LCD, and the frame build is different. 

For Huawei, its OLED and the on-screen finger ID is industry new tech, kinda beat Samsung and Apple to it. The Leica cam is 40MP, also c/w wide angle lens. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

that will help u to gauge where is your Smartphone!
https://www.dxomark.com/category/smartphone-reviews/

Anything not ranked 100 and above is weak to me

and it allows u to sort by Selfie , but XR didnt score well then 
https://www.dxomark.com/apple-iphone-xr-camera-review/
nevertheless ,XR still a  Top-ranked single-lens phone

Where is yours?

SMARTPHONE
DxOMark

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.