Male HQ

Almost three quarters of gay guys say they are turned off by feminine men, survey finds

GachiMuchi

Almost three quarters of gay guys say they are turned off by feminine men, survey finds

• 2db01c1b44ec1683ea3a64fb99b9e003?s=25&d=Benjamin Butterworth
    •  
    •  
    •  
    •  
    Julian Clary (Getty)

Julian Clary (Getty)

Most gay men find guys with feminine attributes a turn off, according to a new investigation.

Attitude magazine’s masculinity survey found that 71% of respondents were actively turned off by a partner with typically feminine attributes.

The survey of 5000 men also found that 41% of respondents believe effeminate gay men “give the gay community a bad image”.

The magazine survey is intended to confront attitudes towards masculinity within the gay community.

GettyImages-154981008-594x900.jpg

Editor-in-chief Matt Cain said the survey reveals some “troubling results”.

He wrote in Attitude: “The survey seems to suggest that the insecurity we feel about our masculinity is dividing the gay community and turning us against each other.

“Forty-one per cent of those who responded reported that being gay had made them feel less like a man at some point in their lives, which is worrying enough in itself.

“But it may also partly explain the fact that the same number of people admitted to thinking effeminate gay men give the LGBT+ community a poor image or bad reputation.

GettyImages-505884900-588x900.jpg

“Comedians such as Graham Norton and Alan Carr have already spoken out about feeling femme-shamed by other gay men – and it appears they have grounds.”

The survey also found that 41% of bisexual, gay and queer men believe they are “less of a man” because of their sexuality.

He added: “It backs up the experience so many of us have had on hook-up apps or the dating scene.

att290_001-JAKE-SHEARS-150dpi-650x851.jp

December issue of Attitude, out now

“And it reflects the difficult relationship so many of us have with our masculinity.

“But why should we let expectations about how we should look or act as men make us feel bad about ourselves?”

• 10th November 2017, 12:40 PM
  •  
  •  

A few tops i know r very into pretty gentle btms.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

What about lesbians and masculine women aka butch? It seems to me a lot of lesbian pairings involve a conspicuously "male" role, down to dressing, haircut and behavior. So is lesbianism a gender issue or a sexual orientation issue? So are lesbians actually "heterosexual"?

14 minutes ago, benedict5856 said:

We are gay, we like man. Not ah gua man.

If we like sissy, we might as well go like a woman.

but I still haf not met any manly btm leh!  

i m not saying ah gua but they still feminine in behavior. 

to me btm r all 'nian' in character. 

for e.g. those macho mary. 

Guest Transformers

Explains why so many auntie-faced gay men are training at the gym every day. As much as a huge part of it is lying to oneself, they are incredibly proud of their abnormally large muscles. Even when they are in the wrong places. Even when they make them look funny like tweety bird - with huge breasts and skinny legs. Even when they are more proportionately trained, some will say the face and body don’t match. Huehuehuehue

Guest Masc slut

But those fems think they are the media popular 小鮮肉。 The media like to portray that fems are the norm for gays.

Those statutes at the saunas are mostly fems because they think they are SO popular. But we all know the truth as gays, we also don't want to touch them.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

but I still haf not met any manly btm leh!  

i m not saying ah gua but they still feminine in behavior. 

to me btm r all 'nian' in character. 

for e.g. those macho mary. 

Nian or niang?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

Exactly.  If I am able to like a sissy guy, I wouldn't be gay anymore.

Guest 小肥猫
4 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

So you do not like to see people cat-walk?  No wonder there are so many PUSSY(cat) hater here.

Guest Ah Meow

There are soft feminine and loud feminine.  I think most people refer to the latter.  Soft feminine are people who prefer to look "natural" and un-intrusive in their own way, whereas loud feminine people tend to put on make-up and pay lots of attention on fashion wear to make a huge statement for the world to see.

Guest The choice is clear

Masculine but try to look feminine is hot, feminine but try to look masculine is not. One appears effortless, the other seems trying too hard.

Guest The choice is clear
1 minute ago, Guest The choice is clear said:

Masculine but try to look feminine is hot, feminine but try to look masculine is not. One appears effortless, the other seems trying too hard.

One appears confident in ones’s skin - no matter what it is - the other seems trying to appear as someone they are not, and coming across as weird, or awkward.

There is gender identity and sexual identity. It’s not easy to understand what is going in a person’s psyche. We may call them feminine or whatever but if they truly think they are women living in a men’s body, who are we to judge. Can we even judge?  Let’s just embrace our brothers and sisters. We all live difficult lives as it is. Let’s not start judging people in the LGBTQ community. 

11 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

Take that exclusive, discriminatory and double-standard mind set out of here, thank you very much. 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

Guest Transformer gays
6 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No nid talk so much becos all r still cal GAY! 

No.... some gays are manly, even malier than straight men, some gays are simply ah quas trying to look man, and its obvious. There are many of this type at the mega gyms, it’s a turn off! They are territorial somemore and hang around handsome men like those catty bar girls from china. Simply yucks!

Guest Yes hate fem

Once saw a group of uncles loitering at the men underwear section of a big departmental shop in orchard, they were wearing singlet and tight shorts, apparently they work out in the gym to show off their muscles. But their actions were fem and fucking turn on, they walk, talk and gesture like aunties! Actually worse than women, yuck!

we are the most racist and discriminatory group of people...and we expect the rest of the society to accept us???..that will never happen..maybe a small proportion..or people will pretend infront of us but behind closed doors they dont accept us ..

9 hours ago, Rice60640 said:

We all live difficult lives as it is. Let’s not start judging people in the LGBTQ community. 

I feel the study above approaches two different topics.

1) Are we romantically/sexually turned off by a romantic/sexual partner with feminine traits.

2) Are we ashamed by feminine guys and do we feel they give gays a bad name. 

I happen to agree with 1 but disagree with 2, and I think some of my friends think the same way.

15 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

4 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Take that exclusive, discriminatory and double-standard mind set out of here, thank you very much. 

Whilst I my preferences are more similar with benedict5856's, I too agree with Rhyn his statements are sweeping and bigoted, since there are probably many guys who like effeminate men.

38 minutes ago, sgmaven said:

I guess that it deserves some self-examination, and whether it is rooted in some paradoxical internalised homophobia, or simply because we like manly qualities better (the very fact that we are gay).

True..... & ur last one was good "THE VERY FACT THAT WE ARE GAY"

May I ask how many btm u haf screwed out tere r  "manly, manly than str8 men" ?  Seriously all I screwed out tere haf a feminine behavior. They r not drag, but at least feminine in character.

"We r gay, we like man" ?  But e fact tat btm get screwed in sauna dark room r majority feminine or sissy n I still c them get screwed by we TOP. 

Pls take ur discriminatory away.

Bcos how manly u r,  how str8 acting u r,  u r still a gay who like men n like having sex with men.  To be nasty we r all named faggots. 

Guest Feminine and unpleasant

I find the manlier gays do not act bitchy and entitled, that’s partly what i like about them, they tend to display cool, reasonable nature and behaviour. The feminine gays - especially the proactive ones - are OFTEN times bitchy and acts all entitled (not cool) and sometimes even appears to throw tantrums and display pincessy behaviour (fucking not cool) when trying to get to close to you as STRANGER and you aint showing interest in them because you equate their muscles and try hard behaviour with neither masculinity nor attractiveness.

Guest Feminine and unpleasant
4 minutes ago, Guest Feminine and unpleasant said:

I find the manlier gays do not act bitchy and entitled, that’s partly what i like about them, they tend to display cool, reasonable nature and behaviour. The feminine gays - especially the proactive ones - are OFTEN times bitchy and acts all entitled (not cool) and sometimes even appears to throw tantrums and display pincessy behaviour (fucking not cool) when trying to get to close to you as STRANGER and you aint showing interest in them because you equate their muscles and try hard behaviour with neither masculinity nor attractiveness.

Females are a bitchier species than males, is a fact in the straight and gay world. Bitchiness in a feminine gay in heat is one of the most unpleasant thing anyone - gay or straight, top or bottom - can experience.

17 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

this is really an all-time fav quote occurring several times in BW

Bad research and classification: bitchiness is bitchiness, nt that it s a feminine gay,

even a kid can bitch around esp in the younger gen

Sometimes too quiet and too cool is not leading to any where too, worst one like it that way yet refuse to express but have to act cool about it........

40 minutes ago, Guest Feminine and unpleasant said:

Females are a bitchier species than males, is a fact in the straight and gay world. Bitchiness in a feminine gay in heat is one of the most unpleasant thing anyone - gay or straight, top or bottom - can experience.

Guest Semantics semantics
On 15/11/2017 at 11:53 AM, -Ignored- said:

this is really an all-time fav quote occurring several times in BW

Bad research and classification: bitchiness is bitchiness, nt that it s a feminine gay,

even a kid can bitch around esp in the younger gen

Sometimes too quiet and too cool is not leading to any where too, worst one like it that way yet refuse to express but have to act cool about it........

Nah male bitchiness is rare, or female bitchiness is way more common. Effeminate gay men tend to be bitchier than manly gays, that’s for sure. Unless the males you see aren’t real males or semi-males.... teehee. Each and everyone define manliness in their own terms, though there are some common traits like chivalry, gentlemanliness, etc.

Guest Tagging Gun Poke
5 minutes ago, Guest concern said:

what is the difference when all of you are just preying for that anal sex.

Pray you mean. Not all civilised humans are christians, tyvm. And not every gay like anal sex, some prefer careless, easygoing sex. No difference between girl or boy anus for you? You are bisexual like EasyLim, then. Although i suspect he likes a different configuration of the human body from most. Also unlike him, you do not attract curious stares to yourself by dropping your sexual label every now and then like it’s hot, baby.

10 hours ago, Guest Tagging Gun Poke said:

Pray you mean. Not all civilised humans are christians, tyvm. And not every gay like anal sex, some prefer careless, easygoing sex. No difference between girl or boy anus for you? You are bisexual like EasyLim, then. Although i suspect he likes a different configuration of the human body from most. Also unlike him, you do not attract curious stares to yourself by dropping your sexual label every now and then like it’s hot, baby.

prey, not pray!

and about being effeminate, don't care whether is it straight being effeminate or gays looking effe, both are all males

mayb in SEAsia, many name calling

Guest concern
On 20/11/2017 at 6:01 AM, Guest Tagging Gun Poke said:

Thats even gross of you to think i am bisexual.Labeling a sexual conduct is not your authority of saying as whole though,if its under religious status!However,practicing a sexual act is one desire!If the sayings of you;makes legal gay civilization in our country.I am sure you will be jaw dropped by lots of man in the street,i mean officially.

Guest Chen tian wenporque uran
41 minutes ago, Guest concern said:

Thats even gross of you to think i am bisexual.Labeling a sexual conduct is not your authority of saying as whole though,if its under religious status!However,practicing a sexual act is one desire!If the sayings of you;makes legal gay civilization in our country.I am sure you will be jaw dropped by lots of man in the street,i mean officially.

Your in-ger-ish is so powderful i am stunned like a vegetable, so i cannot respond to this. Sorry!

Guest concern
1 hour ago, Guest Chen tian wenporque uran said:

Your in-ger-ish is so powderful i am stunned like a vegetable, so i cannot respond to this. Sorry!

no pro!i will simplified for you!For you only!

• Guest locked this topic