Male HQ

are SG guys good in handling relationship?

Guest ILMY

I noticed in Singapore most gay relationships last longer (quite a good number of locals) compared to other countries. Here Locals being in a relationship for 5 to 10 years or more is common while in other country this is a rare case. Is Singaporean really good in handling relationship compared to others? There are few countries that i know that being in relationship (gay) for quite long time is like rare and being promiscuous is common. Can you guys share your insight?

Not really. A few years ago I visited a friend's dad who lived in a retired gay community and he and his partner have been together for over 30 years. They have other couple friends who were together just as long, if not longer. So, it comes down to the couple wanting to make it work, 

Love. 

• 3 weeks later...

Locals? Not so good in my experience... reasons I have discovered: 1) many dominated by family life or parental influence (closeted or not, mommy and daddy still calling the shots.. where is the room for a partner?), 2) careerism to the enth degree, 3) immaturity from not being able to become a mature adult and therefore difficult to handle proper relationship, 4) never. know. what. they. really. want.  or say they do, then change their mind, 5) trade-up-man-ship (always someone better just one scroll of insta, tumblr, jackd away....), 6) bad at communicating how they feel/desire/want/need in a mature and assertive fashion (how to maintain an adult relationship then?)

2 hours ago, trumpeter said:

Think they are simple dont need to be soul mate just companion or just hanging on they dont want to be single again ... I got seen couple together for 10 years but not talking not doing anything together but just live together

thats kinda sad isnt it

• 7 months later...
Guest LTRpossibleforGay

I recently hooked up with an attached gay who work as a teacher.

He told me as long he don't fuck other guy, it's not considered unfaithful.

He brought different guys to his house frequently.

I really pity his bf but he commented his bf maybe playing behind his back too.

Oh well, this is how sick and distrust gay circle is, despite I thought teacher should have a sense of integrity.

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 9:29 PM, Guest ILMY said:

I noticed in Singapore most gay relationships last longer (quite a good number of locals) compared to other countries. Here Locals being in a relationship for 5 to 10 years or more is common while in other country this is a rare case. Is Singaporean really good in handling relationship compared to others? There are few countries that i know that being in relationship (gay) for quite long time is like rare and being promiscuous is common. Can you guys share your insight?

is that a typing error? u mean 5 to 10 years or 5 to 10 months? I believe the later will be even more common :whistle:

It's not one's nationality that determines whether a relationship lasts, makes or breaks. It's your personality, your beliefs and your needs and meeting the right person and making it works and lasts through mutual efforts, patience,  tolerance and lots and lots of learning together and giving and taking. 

How and what a relationship is or defined only works for you as you defines it only for yourself and what you want and no one else, so it is of no relevance to you if someone's  happily living an open relationship while you don't subscribe to the practice. There is no basis for anyone to build their relationship on how others or society see it. 

Live your life how you want it and fully and learn not to judge others.  What they do is none of your concern and what you do is none of anyone's concern. 

Be happy, be yourself. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/16/2017 at 10:23 PM, trumpeter said:

Think they are simple dont need to be soul mate just companion or just hanging on they dont want to be single again ... I got seen couple together for 10 years but not talking not doing anything together but just live together

Save cost perhaps?

On 7/23/2018 at 12:12 AM, Guest LTRpossibleforGay said:

Oh well, this is how sick and distrust gay circle is, despite I thought teacher should have a sense of integrity.

Unfortunately times have changed,  nowadays there are so many teachers involve in sex scandal. 

On 11/26/2017 at 11:29 PM, Guest ILMY said:

I think that with the same credibility you could as well write:

"I noticed in Singapore most gay relationships last shorter (quite a good number of locals) compared to other countries. Here Locals being in a relationship for 5 to 10 years or more is rare....

On 7/22/2018 at 11:12 AM, Guest LTRpossibleforGay said:

They are not to be pitied but you may deserve pity for not knowing enough about open relationships.

I see it as sick and distrusting the idea that gay relationships should be "faithful", otherwise they last "integrity"...

Guest statistics
On 11/27/2017 at 1:29 PM, Guest ILMY said:

personal assumption and facts based on  statistical data is something different...

On 11/27/2017 at 1:29 PM, Guest ILMY said:

I noticed in Singapore most gay relationships last longer (quite a good number of locals) compared to other countries. There are few countries that i know that being in relationship (gay) for quite long time is like rare and being promiscuous is common. 

In fact , the opposite is true that Singapore is one of those few countries where promiscuity is common among the gay community, particularly among the younger group of guys (18 to 25) 

On the other hand , gay relationships in Singapore,  while the good ones still exist , it numbers in only a few in a largely conservative Singapore . 

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
Guest disgusted

SG gays are very shallow and apathetic. Even during covid, SG gays attend support sessions online just to find bf or just to look at guys (talk about being stalkerish). Nothing else matters. Some of them don't even talk sense when at speed dating. Some of them also turn racist/xenophobic/whatsoever when you look Chinese but can't speak Mandarin.

Can hardly believe that SG guys are good in handling relationships. Yes, maybe a certain percentage of them, but these are those who don't fit the typical SG guy character.

• 1 year later...

Singaporean here. From my dating experience, comparing locals to those I had dated overseas or non-locals, I find Singaporeans are generally less mature - they'd sooner end the relationship rather than find ways to work through any issues they encounter. 

Non-locals or guys overseas tend to be more calm and patient in the presence of problems, and attempt to iron out their issues rather than finding ways out of the relationship. Perhaps gay guys with attractive pics are aplenty SG, combined with FOMO.

This is what I think - The main factor I derive that guys living with their families (myself included) are less mature in relationships, is that they typically don't have their own place to have intimate or difficult conversations, so they get used to not talking about them, and dismissing those issues as impossible or unnecessary to-resolve.

I once had a friend who said he would not have sex with his bf of 5 years. When I asked him why, he said that they had become so close, it began to feel gross, like incest with a family member. I never had a relationship last that long, but I'm curious to know if this is a common sentiment that develops among other gay couples.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.