Male HQ

"Backstory" is a short film you won't forget and it will be the best 8 minutes of your day

GachiMuchi

'BACKSTORY' Is A Short Film On Mortality That Became An Immediate Masterpiece

Lured in by the visuals, I wasn't prepared to go on the journey of what "Backstory" had to offer. It connected with me immediately and it was too late. I was on a thrill-ride through a life that seemed eerily familiar. I can't say more, but promise me you'll watch this. 

It's a piece you won't forget and it will be the best 8 minutes of your day. 

It has already won 33 awards, to give you the scope of their accomplishments. 

About: 

'BACKSTORY' was shot in Germany in 17 shooting days over a period of 1,5 years. It has been screened at more than 110 festivals worldwide and, so far, has won more than 30 international awards. Our love goes out to all the wonderful people who worked so hard on this film for such a long time! :-)

Team: 

written and directed by Joschka Laukeninks

for more info visit backstory-film.com
or follow us on facebook facebook.com/backstoryshortfilm
produced by themarmalade.com

written and directed by JOSCHKA LAUKENINKS
produced by BENJAMIN HORSTKOTTE
produced by TOBIAS WICHURA
cinematography by EIKE RIECHE
edited by VERA BERG
starring JAN STAPELFELDT, JESSICA MCINTYRE, XENIA ASSENZA
narrated by PHILIPP MOOG
music GERMAN WAHNSINN
production company THE MARMALADE FILMS

https://www.shortoftheweek.com/2017/12/04/backstory/

Edited by GachiMuchi

• GachiMuchi changed the title to It's a piece you won't forget and it will be the best 8 minutes of your day
  • 6 months later...
  • G_M changed the title to "Backstory" is a short film you won't forget and it will be the best 8 minutes of your day
5 hours ago, Guest 8 mins said:

Straight people still not so bad, but gay people has a lot to ponder about the movie.

I don't think the experiences the protagonist went through in the film discriminates on being gay or straight. Birth, marriage, death, sickness etc. don't really pick and choose. 

Love. 

Guest Not true
10 hours ago, doncoin said:

I don't think the experiences the protagonist went through in the film discriminates on being gay or straight. Birth, marriage, death, sickness etc. don't really pick and choose. 

Not true, his life took a turn because his wife and child met with accident, otherwise it was a perfect family life for him.  On the other hand, gay people didn't even have a family to grow up with and it is not even a choice.

7 hours ago, Guest Not true said:

Not true, his life took a turn because his wife and child met with accident, otherwise it was a perfect family life for him.  On the other hand, gay people didn't even have a family to grow up with and it is not even a choice.

There are straight people who don't have families too. 

So many moments depicted in the film can happen to anyone regardless of sexual orientation. 

Love. 

Guest Guest
23 minutes ago, doncoin said:

There are straight people who don't have families too. 

So many moments depicted in the film can happen to anyone regardless of sexual orientation. 

Most straight people will get married. The film further reinforces this that getting married is part and parcel of life. Unfortunately, gay people can't get married and have children like what the film is portraying. So society sees being gay as abnormal.

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Most straight people will get married. The film further reinforces this that getting married is part and parcel of life. Unfortunately, gay people can't get married and have children like what the film is portraying. So society sees being gay as abnormal.

Yes, unfortunately gay people cannot get married in many parts of the world still, but that hasn't stopped gay people from forming families. Even before marriage equality happened in the countries that passed those laws, gay/lesbian couples have been surrogating/adopting kids to form their own families. They have been celebrating their weddings privately with friends and family without the law's recognition. What is important are 2 people in love, coming together, and eventually forming a family.  

When i was growing up in Sg, one of my mom's friend was a lesbian, and her butch partner and her had 2 kids whom I used to play with. It wasn't questioned or asked why does Sally has 2 moms? It was just the way it is. My mom never saw her friends as abnormal, to her it is just the way it is. 

Love. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.