Male HQ

Best Chicken Rice In Sg

Thread Started By: HongKee

Posted: March 03, 2008 05:44 pm

Hi bros, where can I find the best chicken rice in SG?

Thinking the one in Maxwell Hawker Center?

Any other choices?

HongKee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: tookidooki

Posted: March 03, 2008 06:02 pm

My fave is 5 star chicken rice at bukit timah.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment: nvms

Posted: March 03, 2008 06:03 pm

天天鸡饭 at Ghim Mok Market. biggrin.gif

Comment: TopChinese

Posted: March 03, 2008 10:20 pm

Nam Kee at Novena Ville.

Also love the water dumplings soup and hot plate tofu.

Comment: mature30

Posted: March 04, 2008 01:45 am

Hi

Try Meritus Mandarin Chatter Box 's Chicken Rice.It is deicious

Comment: Asura

Posted: March 04, 2008 10:33 am

Chatter Box!!!!???? Over-rated....

I like a few...

1. Bishan Street 13 coffeeshop at road side, always long queue, very turn off, but chicken is nice, rice too hard for me though

2. One stall use to be at margaret drive market second floor, but moved to I think is MeiLing or Sterling Road, not sure, have not gone there for some time. The original location at Margaret drive is operated by the old boss disciple, heard not so good...

3. 5 Star Chicken rice at Katong East Coast Road, love the chilly (by the way, chilly very hot one, but thats what I call chilli). Chicken is damn good, rice not so bad, but due to they charge GST, have been boy-cotting them.

4. Boon Tong Kee at Balestier Road, what I feel is out of so many branches of Boon Tong Kee, this is the best liao, but than again, they make it very ex.

Have stop eating chicken rice too much now a days, due to the oil is making my stomach acid stir too much...

Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love'

in how I speak, in how I see others.

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

Comment: Alex10

Posted: March 05, 2008 10:50 am

Liang Seah - Beach Road... Chicken rice quite nice

Let me live my life to be an instrument of 'Love'

in how I speak, in how I see others.

- May there be Love and Peace beyond all understanding -

• 2 months later...

There is a Chicken Rice stall at the basement mini-food corner of Katong Shopping Centre.

The chicken there is very good, rice is nice yellow colour...

Free flow of pickles (has cut cucumber, pineapple, red chilli, onion in there... unlimited serving, self service)

Complimentary soup is made with chicken bones, and has winter melon pieces in it... very very tasty...

chilli, ginger, thick dark sauce... signs that this is in the traditional Hainanese style

I will usually gorge myself here... have plates of chicken rice with plates of pickles and bowls of soup on top of the chicken of course... one of my personal favourites... place has aircon too so it's really OK to be eating like there's no tomorrow there haha...

price of the place is quite standard... cheeper than boon tiong kee if you ask me...

There is a Chicken Rice stall at the basement mini-food corner of Katong Shopping Centre.

Oh yes, I like that chicken rice stall too. After dinner, if you fancy some pie for dessert, just walk down a few shops away at the same basement level and you can savour the delicious banana pie there. :P

Edited by LupCheong

I would recommend the chicken rice located in an old coffee shop @ Blk 46 Tanglin Halt Road (Commonwealth MRT stn).

Just next to the market / food ctr. The chicken meat is tender, rice very fragrant and the soup is tasty. Old housing estate price.

Self help plenty of chilies sauce, minced ginger and dark soy sauce :clap:

I have tasted chicken rice from quite a few stalls and restaurants. I still prefer the one served by Mandarin Hotel because of the tender chicken pieces, and more so because of the three different sauces they served - the chilli, the garlic/ginger and the thick black sauces.

The best part is, after eating the chicken rice from Mandarin Hotel, there is no garlicky smell or breath of odour. All other places, including Wee Nam Kee, Boon Tong Kee etc etc produce this strong odour in the mouth even after a few hours! Chewing on mints or rinsing the mouth with Listerine won't help much. That is why I dread eating the normal chicken rice during lunch. And I can smell the breath from my colleagues from a distance away and guess correctly that they have had chicken rice for lunch. I don't like the smell at all. When I cruise in the saunas like 1-7, I can also smell this garlicky odour from some guys. It's quite a turn off.

Does anyone know where else can I get chicken rice with the odourless garlicky smell? I have been looking all over SGP but so far have failed in my mission :)

The building opposite BB has been replaced by SMU for years! :lol:

I think we have different sense of direction, may be because I am top and you are a bottom :yuk: I am talking about the small streets ....maybe it is Seah's Street....

Edited by Ferrari

I bite if you are cocky, sarcastic, foolish or ask for it

Guest Jack
I think we have different sense of direction, may be because I am top and you are a bottom :yuk: I am talking about the small streets ....maybe it is Seah's Street....

That's nasty! Just cos i may happen to give you the wrong information does not give you the right to insult me and call me a bottom!

There was a nice coffee shop opposiite BB years ago and they used to sell nice chicken rice too.

Anyway, i am NOT a bottom! :whistle:

That's nasty! Just cos i may happen to give you the wrong information does not give you the right to insult me and call me a bottom!

There was a nice coffee shop opposiite BB years ago and they used to sell nice chicken rice too.

Anyway, i am NOT a bottom! :whistle:

Aiyo, there is nothing wrong with being labelled as a bottom lah...you think everyone can be a good bottom. And I am trying to enrol myself in the School of Bottomless :yuk:

Anyway, I think you hit the jackpot now for locating the chicken rice coffee shop I am referring too

I bite if you are cocky, sarcastic, foolish or ask for it

hey, no bitching around in the Imperial Kitchen ok?

if it is not contributing to reciepies, locations and eat-reviews, i will be forced to relocate your posts...

when that happens, pls dun take it personally... it's just good kitchen etiquette... need to preserve the good kitchen mood for good food to flow tru here...

bitches... will be taken to the 3-6 thread...

<_<

Why is it that no one mentions Loy Kee at Balestier? I thought they serve one of the better chicken rice in Sg.

Been to Chatterbox and Boon Tong Kee in River Valley, but still think that Loy Kee's chicken and rice are still the best.

Whenever I go there with my chumps, we'll usually eat like there's no tomorrow. :)

Edited by SunDevil

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

SunDevil

next time you in town... let me know... i bring you to another place where you eat chicken rice like there's not tomorrow... quiet place, but the chicken rice is ... quietly good haha... and no, it's not the Katong Shoopping Centre one...

would like to enlist your tongue to taste and make an opinion... benchmarking it against the Loy kee one... which I will say.. is up there among the very best...

Hey, Hello. Why SD only? Just because he gave you the ten chickens hidden for years in his Mc Hammer pants is it?

And when and where is my Paramount Theatre char kway teow treat that you lose to me and Jack Black? Coveniently forget oredi isit? Huh? HUH? HUH? :lol:

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Baloo, thanks for the invitation.....when it comes to eating good chicken rice, I'm always game. I've always prefer the chicken rice in Sg compared to here cos' of the fragrant rice used in Sg.

I like the way you used the phrase 'enlist your tongue to taste...'. It's as if I'm this big time chicken rice connoisseur. :) Truth to be told, I am anything but....I guess that I'm really just a Loy Kee fan. ;)

Judging from the bitchy response from our Lungker, it's only wise that we ask him along, unless we want Armageddon to be set upon us. :)

Lungker, no..I didn't pass Baloo those chickens...cos' over the years, I realized that I've been choking them one by one...so there's none left to give...operative words here being 'choking' and 'chicken', if you know what I mean. ;)

Better the Devil you know than the Angel you don't...

Weekend free food is ok wif me pending answer from Jack Black whether he is available. SD, u coming over this weekend? If so, then Baloo is inviting you also. :D

Please play safely! Use a condom if you are having anal sex.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.