Male HQ

Intermittent Fasting to LOSE WEIGHT

Samuel Lim

Been doing 16/8 intermittent fasting for 2 months -the one practiced by Hugh Jackman (http://www.menshealth.co.uk/food-nutrition/muscle-foods/mh-trials-hugh-jackmans-16-8-diet)

Helps me to keep in shape (while allows myself to indulge in favourite food and alcohol).  Anyone doing the same?

𝓜𝓪𝓷𝔂 𝓼𝓮𝓮𝓴 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓷𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽𝓼 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓵𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝓰𝓸𝓸𝓭 𝓭𝓪𝔂𝓼.

• 1 year later...

I did IF for awhile last year. Went from around 90-95kg to 75-80kg in about 4months.

End of day, in terms of weight loss, it's all about calorie control. I find that restricting the timing in which you eat is easier than control what you eat throughout the day.

Fasting also helped me to recognize the difference between desire/hunger/starvation, which over time give me better control over my food intake, even when I stopped IF.

I find that the best time frame will be one that fit best into your schedule. Googling around, seems like generally a fasting period is >12 hrs. hence there's like 16/8 20/4 3/4.. etc.. I did a 16/8.

I did a 16/8, basically just skipped dinner and zero snack in afternoon. I do some light jogging in evening to help cope with hunger. When I feel light headed/weak(starvation), then I just eat. Best be flexible.

11 hours ago, zenithisme said:

any advise how to start intermittent fasting  ?

Pick two consecutive meals that you really can’t miss and start from there. For me, it’s lunch and dinner, cos I’m also a social eater. Then time your meals so that they’re about 7 hours apart.

my lunch is at round 12.30 and my dinner’s at round 6pm.

I’m now trying to figure out healthier meals - I’ve been inspired by my school mates and am cooking in school. Knowing what you eat really helps too!

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2019 at 11:55 AM, zenithisme said:

any advise how to start intermittent fasting  ?

From your profile photo, you look too skinny to be fasting!!! 

Start with a late breakfast (after 10am) and finish with an early dinner (by 7pm). If you can do that you will be fasting for 15 hours. During this period, you are actually permitted water and snacks that do not elevate your sugar levels. 

Also during the meal period, please do not restrict yourself to any food types. Eat whatever you like even sinful carbs like nasi lemak, your body will process it all during your downtime. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.