Male HQ

Discovering Your Sexual Role - How To Know If You Are Top Or Bottom? (Compiled)

Guest Guest

Is it possible for a pure btm to become top? And how to change 'btm face; to 'top face'? Since sec school I have been btm, and now even when strangers see me they str8away can tell that Im btm becx i got the 'btm face' :(

Isnt that gd? U are a btm and people can tell that u are a btm. There is nothing to hide.

I am a btm but have a 'top' face and people always mistaken me as a top. How i wish i have a 'btm' face.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys,

I'm curious to know: how long did it take you to determine if you're top, bottom, or flex?

Did you have a "teacher"?

Thing is, I bottomed a few times, and it hurt me very much.

I also tried to top once (only for a few minutes), and I preferred it to, well, getting it in my ass.

However, I'm not sure if that few minutes of top-ping is sufficient for me to come to a conclusion.

To put things in perspective, I bottomed until the top came, and I  did not come when I top-ped.

Please share? 

Don't stress yourself lil one.

It happens if your top isn't skillful enough or if the situation wasn't arousing enough for you to cum as a top.

Continue experimenting.

There will be some that would prefer one role over another.

But everyone knows being versatile gets you more higher than the cloud nine ;)

LOL. Body sizes, cock sizes and other physical bi by himts do not determine whether one is top or bottom! It is all in the mind. I am tall but I have met much taller and more muscular guys who want me to top them and I have met small dimunitive guys who want me to be the bottom. I am flex and I can accopmodate all :-) BTW, the best tops are not necessary big guys, many smaller tops are conscious of their being smaller and do make special effort top be good tops. I once asked one small top why he so "卖力", he said he need to try harder to impreess and to be frank, i enjoyed being impressed:-)

haha, trial and error here.

turned out I am a Top who isn't used to anal. I'm more of a BJ, kissing kinda guy. 

I won't say that my attempt at being a btm was painful, it was more likely uncomfortable.

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

haha, trial and error here.

turned out I am a Top who isn't used to anal. I'm more of a BJ, kissing kinda guy. 

I won't say that my attempt at being a btm was painful, it was more likely uncomfortable.

I would take uncomfortable over pain... :/

Maybe because my first few times was with the same, erm, impatient man?

Isnt that gd? U are a btm and people can tell that u are a btm. There is nothing to hide.

I am a btm but have a 'top' face and people always mistaken me as a top. How i wish i have a 'btm' face.

Sometimes I wonder how people determine top or bottom just by the face.

It's sadder when you have the in-between face and people are left to speculate on your role.

Image00109.jpg

I'm always running after you.

You are my ideal.

You are me.

well,if u really like someone,and he ask u he wants to top or bottom you..usually many would give in to the request.. but being a flex,i do enjoy both positions.so yes,flex have the best of both,to take and to give..

That was how I ended up from top to becoming vers bottom. Once in a long while, I meet someone who make me go weak. He want I have to give in otherwise he is not going to do with me. But these types are usually the very selfish ones sure very rough. I get more pain than fun but still no regrets. Want to have fun must pay.

After a long long time become used to it so not as pain started to enjoy. Then become more easy...

Sometimes I wonder how people determine top or bottom just by the face.

It's sadder when you have the in-between face and people are left to speculate on your role.

Also depends on who meets who.

Once I was in an orgy with 2 versatiles and 1 top. I was the only btm.

Everybody attacked me. But the top automatically attacked my ass and the 2 vers were watching and touching him more than me. Then he picked one of them and fucked him also. Then he also fucked the other vers. The other vers after getting fucked could not get hard again. After the next vers come, the top still very hard not come yet.

Then he fucked me and I make him come. In the end I was the only one still can play, the 3 of them all tired out.

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
  • 9 months later...

Why don’t you start your question as how and who makes a, TOP or bottom to start. Is it you! Is it me! Strawberry champagne all night, lucky for you that what I like. So funny!

Guest 张伯支
4 hours ago, Guest question said:

I always wonder how people know if other people is top or bottom .

How do they tell?

Is it really obvious?

Bottom the ass very loose and there is literally a hole due to constant fucking

At the sauna I wouldn't want to waste my time when someone approaches me. ''You top or bottom?'' I would ask.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

6 minutes ago, Guest Bottom said:

Gay face, sissy, loose wrist, cat walk, facial make-up. Just to name a few bottom signs.

There are tops who fit your stereotype :P

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

Guest Masculine btm
19 minutes ago, Guest Bottom said:

Gay face, sissy, loose wrist, cat walk, facial make-up. Just to name a few bottom signs.

32 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Time have changed, the trend now is towards muscular btm :P

Even amongst gays, there's so much bottom shaming that I'll hide by saying I'm versatile.

Most will think I look like a top especially other bottoms. I'll ignore them and still act like a top. The type of top I like is also masculine. I don't mind losing my body to him.

But I'll never let a sissy top fuck me. He don't even excite me to start with. I've never even met one so far. Maybe our stereotyping makes sure that we'll never bother to look at each other.

It is never to  be taken for granted.  I once introduced a very effeminate guy to my cousin.  My cousin is versatile but that night he wanted to top and very badly too.  He was furious when he called me later that night exclaiming that the femme wanted to fuck him instead and claimed that he had always played the top role and had never ever bottomed for anyone. 

My modus operandi is always to ask - so what do you like to do in bed?  I have had on several occasions met very macho men who turned me down because they want or need to be fucked so badly, my fantastico blowjob alone would not be enough for them!!!

Edited by kimlo777

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Masculine btm
17 minutes ago, kimlo777 said:

I have had on several occasions met very macho men who turned me down because they want or need to be fucked so badly, my fantastico blowjob alone would not be enough for them!!!

That's the problem, people who think that I'm a top would be curious when I turn them down. I don't tell them that I'm a bottom but they can guess. Worse are those kaypoh ones who'll stalk me to find out. 

When I finally get pulled into a room and gets fucked like a whore, there's simply no way to hide all that banging and moaning from them. They'll be waiting outside to see me humiliated. It's like being a btm is considered lower status than them.

Those catty regulars at Keybox are the worse. They'll really remember me even though I'm not a regular there. They'll gossip about me, "go try him lah...see him so macho also no use, Confirmed he's a slut bottom one..." Finally now they seem to have disappeared from there.

9 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

It is never to  be taken for granted.  I once introduced a very effeminate guy to my cousin.  My cousin is versatile but that night he wanted to top and very badly too.  He was furious when he called me later that night exclaiming that the femme wanted to fuck him instead and claimed that he had always played the top role and had never ever bottomed for anyone. 

My modus operandi is always to ask - so what do you like to do in bed?  I have had on several occasions met very macho men who turned me down because they want or need to be fucked so badly, my fantastico blowjob alone would not be enough for them!!!

but kimlo based on your experience, u shd have easily have gauge accurately right?

though I m nt sure how shameful it is, isn't it a norm that worldwide there r tons more btms than top

10 hours ago, Guest Masculine btm said:

Even amongst gays, there's so much bottom shaming that I'll hide by saying I'm versatile.

Most will think I look like a top especially other bottoms. I'll ignore them and still act like a top. The type of top I like is also masculine. I don't mind losing my body to him.

But I'll never let a sissy top fuck me. He don't even excite me to start with. I've never even met one so far. Maybe our stereotyping makes sure that we'll never bother to look at each other.

Maybe it's the bottoms only you have encountered. It doesn't represent a majority, but thank you for that unsubstantiated correlation. 

19 hours ago, ArchDragon said:

bottoms.. usually have this way when they talk, the way they dress.. i really don't wanna stereotype.. but all the bottoms i've come across behaved exactly the same way. 

Another one. :thumbdown:

11 hours ago, Guest Bottom said:

These type of stereotypes are some of the indirect reasons for subconscious discrimination and assumption that is not needed within the LGBTQ community. Half the time, we put our best foot forward to gain acceptance from people. The other half? Internal fighting with preconceived notions on a person's preferred role in bed by behaviour >_>

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

10 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

Interesting...

there are indeed increasing numbers of masculine bottoms and feminine tops around. i have seen afew who are difficult to judge based on their appearance and behavior.

so... why not just ask if you are really into this person to see if he role-fit your desire?

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

31 minutes ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

there are indeed increasing numbers of masculine bottoms and feminine tops around. i have seen afew who are difficult to judge based on their appearance and behavior.

so... why not just ask if you are really into this person to see if he role-fit your desire?

You know only the moment you are in bed with him

Depends if he first attacks your hole or pole.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

12 hours ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

I could never ever bring myself to be with a fem top...NEVER!!

Guest Paradoxymoron

Masculine bottoms are plentiful. You can’t tell from looking and talking with them. You will not believe it even when they tell you. But they allow to be rimmed and fucked. You got to try them to believe it. Fem top? You mean one who looks and behaves like Rupaul (drag race), but fucks like a boss? I believe they are also very bitchy and control freak in real life and very bossy in bed. Only a passive fem btm can stand them i guess? :mellow:

Guest 72%dark

When you say “top” and “bottom”, what do you have in mind?

1. During anal sex, the one who penetrates or the one who is penetrated.
  2. The one who is more dominant/controlling/aggressive during sex, or the one who is more submissive/passive.
  3. The one whose mannerisms are stereotypically masculine/macho/butch, or the one who’s more effeminate.

Strictly speaking, the terms “top” and “bottom” refer just to no.1. But people often conflate the three due to stereotypes and expectations.

As others have pointed out, you can’t be 100% sure about someone’s role preference during anal sex without asking (or trying it out during intercourse).

I know a guy who is effeminate and is passive during sex but will only ever penetrate during anal and oral sex; that makes him a top notwithstanding his other traits. I’ve encountered bottoms who want to be pounded like animals but are quite ‘bossy’ during sex, dictating to the top what they want and how. And of course masculine bottoms are everywhere; they’re the ones who anti-cruise each other at the gym.

(I think a far more interesting question is what people mean when they identify as “versatile” or “flexible”.)

1 hour ago, 72%dark said:

When you say “top” and “bottom”, what do you have in mind?

1. During anal sex, the one who penetrates or the one who is penetrated.
  2. The one who is more dominant/controlling/aggressive during sex, or the one who is more submissive/passive.
  3. The one whose mannerisms are stereotypically masculine/macho/butch, or the one who’s more effeminate.

Strictly speaking, the terms “top” and “bottom” refer just to no.1. But people often conflate the three due to stereotypes and expectations.

As others have pointed out, you can’t be 100% sure about someone’s role preference during anal sex without asking (or trying it out during intercourse).

I know a guy who is effeminate and is passive during sex but will only ever penetrate during anal and oral sex; that makes him a top notwithstanding his other traits. I’ve encountered bottoms who want to be pounded like animals but are quite ‘bossy’ during sex, dictating to the top what they want and how. And of course masculine bottoms are everywhere; they’re the ones who anti-cruise each other at the gym.

(I think a far more interesting question is what people mean when they identify as “versatile” or “flexible”.)

My guessing or understanding , vers or flex are those follow mood to fuck or to be fucked. Consider.chin chai case la. Any fun goes 

Not any guys hor

:P

Edited by cutejack

if he touches your dick first he is bottom,  if he touches your butt first he is top.

If he touches your nipps first, he wanna to find out whether you are top or bottom by seeing your reaction (whether you respond by touching his dick or butt).

12 hours ago, Guest 1010 said:

if he touches your dick first he is bottom,  if he touches your butt first he is top.

If he touches your nipps first, he wanna to find out whether you are top or bottom by seeing your reaction (whether you respond by touching his dick or butt).

yes, very good method

Guest Masculine btm

Because even the big fatty act superior after hearing me getting fucked and moaning in the room. That's why people want to kaypoh whether you are top or bottom especially if you not interested in them.

Just to add on in the sauna, if one try to reach their hole, at least a pure top will feel uneasy whereas a pure bottom will feel shiok.

Flex is more difficult to determine. 

Guest A friend say
1 hour ago, tyan said:

Just to add on in the sauna, if one try to reach their hole, at least a pure top will feel uneasy whereas a pure bottom will feel shiok.

Flex is more difficult to determine. 

A friend of mine is a flex and he told me that he will only fuck ugly people and allow himself to be fucked by only good-looking ones.  Are all flex the same?

4 minutes ago, Guest A friend say said:

A friend of mine is a flex and he told me that he will only fuck ugly people and allow himself to be fucked by only good-looking ones.  Are all flex the same?

Why fuck only ugly people???  

BTW not all humans are same. 

52 minutes ago, Guest A friend say said:

Flex top will allow the guy he likes to fuck him. 

Flex btm will allow the guy he likes to be fucked. 

• Guest locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.