Male HQ

Worst allergy nightmare

quidproquo

Till now, i just realise why i always felt that my throat itch and cough whenever i drink white wine or i eat dried raisins (white ones). I just went online to check, i am allergic to grapes content! But grape is one of my fav fruits! Darmn!

line: shootkevtsoi

7 hours ago, Kevin Tsoi said:

Till now, i just realise why i always felt that my throat itch and cough whenever i drink white wine or i eat dried raisins (white ones). I just went online to check, i am allergic to grapes content! But grape is one of my fav fruits! Darmn!

You went for an actual test to determine the allergy?

28 minutes ago, Kevin Tsoi said:

@xydboy nah, its just co-incidentally weird that i feel that way whenever i consume something that contains contents of white grapes. So i went online to see, it shows the same symptoms for the same allergy.

Might want to get it checked by an allergist. It could also be something else. I went to A&E because my air way closed up after consuming the same food that I have eaten for the past year or so.

3 minutes ago, xydboy said:

Might want to get it checked by an allergist. It could also be something else. I went to A&E because my air way closed up after consuming the same food that I have eaten for the past year or so.

Alright, i will keep that in view, thanks for the advise! 

Can get a full patch test from TTSH, as clinic as the rheumatology one. They will prick your skin and drop the allergens and controls onto your forearms. From there, they will be able to tell you what exactly it is. It is also pretty common for adults to develop late-onset allergies too. I was found to be allergic to prawns, but i had hokkien mee the day before the test and was fine.

2 hours ago, Wafflecorn said:

Can get a full patch test from TTSH, as clinic as the rheumatology one. They will prick your skin and drop the allergens and controls onto your forearms. From there, they will be able to tell you what exactly it is. It is also pretty common for adults to develop late-onset allergies too. I was found to be allergic to prawns, but i had hokkien mee the day before the test and was fine.

@Wafflecorn Woah thats a good advice, will make time to go try the patch test as mentioned. Thanks!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.