Male HQ

Cars Discussions

zyjd

10 hours ago, Guest Cardinal sin said:

But i draw the line when u start insulting the mothers out there. Especially from someone privileged like you (i also agree that your background benefitted you).

I didn't mention anything about mothers, aye. Just said fat aunties (they may or may not be mothers) and haughty women who think we try to touch them on the crowded transport. I don't think I come from a very privileged background - what do you know about me? Let's not make assumptions.

As highligted by another guest, your views, analysis, inputs are never complete, accurate and in most instances contradictory. They reflect your immaturity, inexperience and lack of knowledge. I definitely do not take you seriously.

sure, no problem. It's just a forum anyway. Why take everything so seriously? :)

I am also passionate about cars but i am not a car sales man. i dont have be coz i have better options

I came from what society would perceive to be a better option - I was a senior technical manager at IBM. It paid decently but I had elephant's legs - I dragged myself to work everyday. I just wanted to try something I think I would enjoy doing, and turns out, I really do!

In addition, if u r any good, you would have been working for premium upmarket segment.

I know you aren't interested to hear me out on the reason why I didn't join what you termed "premium upmarket segment", but just entertain me for a second.

I joined this brand because I genuinely believe in the quality of their products and ethical standards when it comes to manufacturing vehicles for the populace. Won't bother to expound why over here because otherwise it'll become very lengthy. Also, as mentioned earlier, there is satisfaction to be derived from helping people fulfil their dreams of owning a car - this is coming from a lowly salesman working on the ground: there are actually many people who aspire to own a car in Singapore so they can ferry their family and friends around in comfort. These people are quite simple and easily contented with owning a car; it is not in their dream to drive a Lexus because for them, a Toyota does the same job for a lot less money.

Hey, as someone said, stop trying so hard to impress.  Be HUMBLE.

I'm genuinely sorry if I came across as snobbish or proud. I certainly do not look down on those taking public transport, all I'm trying to say is, it's not for me because I value personal space a lot and hate waiting because I perspire super easily in this weather.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest annoyed said:

In this internet age, should just do away with car salesmen, insurance agents, property agents and probably bankers. These jobs are totally redundant...

People who need these information and services can probably just look up online. No need these middle-men agents to drive up the costs of our daily lives. 

I actually agree with you. I do think the automotive sales line is a sunset one, because very soon people will be able to place orders for their cars online and they can simply call the dealer's hotline if they have questions.

One day when it really dies, though, I'll probably just sulk and go back to IT since I am trained and have experience in that field.

7 hours ago, Guest Guest annoyed said:

To TS, get a ‘proper’ job instead of bragging here and other threads about your lifestyle.

C'mon. It's a proper job to me: It's honest pay for honest work.

I'm sorry I came across as bragging, but I really am scratching my head as to which post or thread I commented that I spoke on about my lifestyle. I'm a naturally private person and don't like people to know what kind of life I lead after work etc.

--

Sending love to the both of you! xx

anyway, to get back to topic:

Do you guys think electric vehicles will take off in Singapore? I have my doubts, because the cost of installing chargers and laying additional wires and power lines to the many MSCPs we have isn't very feasible. It has a higher chance of working in other countries where most live in landed property and are able to charge the car in their own home.

But I may be wrong. Wanna hear different views! :)

On a side note: the Nissan Leaf is coming to Singapore soon! Can't wait to pop over to Tan Chong once it comes in so I can check it out and take it for a spin.

2 hours ago, Guest bravo said:

question:

1) how often should 1 go for car polishing/grooming?

2) and we should go before or after car servicing?

thanks

I usually go once a year. Typically before cny. Go after servicing if urs is private. 

yes, @tyan is right: once a year would suffice. However, it depends on how often you wash your car, whether it's frequently parked in sheltered or unsheltered carparks, etc.

If you work in Tuas and the place where you park is very dusty with the hot sun shining down on it most of the time, might be a better idea to groom twice a year instead.

Or you could be just like me, I groom when I'm feeling rich (which isn't very often) and have never washed my car by myself before.

Do you really expect this gayboy to get his hands dirty while washing the car? So unglam! #jkjklol

In all honesty though I opine the interior of the car is what really matters - coz that's what you're in contact with most of the time. I wipe my steering wheel, armrests, door handle, gearknob, and signal/wiper stalks once a week without fail with Dettol wipes.

I washed my car myself. Nothing unglam. Haha. But occasionally when I feel lazy, I will drive to petrol kiosk for car wash. 

There is another sissy gay. He drives a coupe. He also wash car himself and always topless with a skimpy shorts. Never talk to him. 

4 hours ago, tyan said:

I washed my car myself. Nothing unglam. Haha. But occasionally when I feel lazy, I will drive to petrol kiosk for car wash. 

There is another sissy gay. He drives a coupe. He also wash car himself and always topless with a skimpy shorts. Never talk to him. 

I scared my hot neighbor sees me slogging away at the car wash bay then will look very unglam when all wet with perspiration and water. Haha I pay a bangla to wash my car - $30 a month, 3x a week. He just wipes the car down at the parking lot to so it looks clean-ish. 

I send it to a proper wash once a quarter or so at JB - RM12 for wash, tyre shine, and interior vacuum. Yay for the weak MYR haha.

1 hour ago, Guest 脏子姨 said:

Elantra, Mazda 3 or Kia K3, Honda Jazz....which one should I buy

To me the Elantra presents the best value for money. For under $8,000 depn per annum you get keyless entry/6 airbags/rear air-con/Android auto and Apple carplay compatibility if you go for the mid-range S model. The only thing it lacks is driving pleasure: it's such a boring, albeit comfortable, drive. One could almost fall asleep driving it!

The M3 has lots of driving pleasure, but it's let down by its rough SkyActiv engine - the idle start/stop system leaves much to be desired in terms of refinement. Also rear quarters and boot are tight. It loses out to the Korean makes in terms of equipment level too. However, Trans EuroKars has the lowest interest rate in town at 1.98% so you do save a bit on interest paid :)

Kia K3 is an outgoing model; new model is due to be launched here somewhere between the 3rd and last quarter of this year. Good discounts to be had if you buy the current version, though: the SX sports is loaded to the brim with frills and feel-good features. One has to note, however, that it isn't exactly a clone of the Elantra; the current K3 is based on the PREVIOUS Elantra MD platform - the current Elantra is using an all-new AD platform that the next gen K3 will use. As such, the Elantra is slightly wider and has a stronger chassis and structural rigidity.

The Jazz imo presents the worst value for money - for the same amount of money you can get a regular Korean sedan (and slightly more gets you the M3). Kah Motors have always pricedbtheir product at a premium. Also, it has only 2 airbags, and uses the horrible "EarthDreams" CVT transmission. It suffers from horrible ride quality as well - a torsion beam suspension set-up is forgivable on a sedan but not on a hatchback/crossover - hence you hear a lot of complaints about the Uber Vezels having a horribly bumpy ride. It has strong branding and potentially good resale values on its side, though.

Have you considered the newly launched Hyundai i30? It's a CAT B car at CAT A pricing: last I heard it was below $90,000 but I'm not so sure about now. The specs look very promising: century sprint in 8.9s, multi-link rear suspension, 242nm of torque. Have not tried it but overseas reviews are all raving about how good the drive is and how upmarket the cabin feels. Worth a look, at least :)

Hope this helps! Just my humble opinions yah. End of the day, best of luck in getting the best deal for your new ride!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I wanna seek for ur opinion on car accident. (dun worry, no one is hurt). I was at the ted light traffic and when it turned green. The car in front of me had not moved off so I waited. But then the car at my back just hit right into my car. It is quite a Big Bang.(this is my first car accident and I tot my engine has exploded) and then I realized that the car behind had bumped into me. As usual, inspection by both party. It was night time so I can’t see really properly. But from what I see, some chips and I dunno if there is any dent. More importantly I dunno if the structure of the car is ok. Both of us agreed that on the surface it looks ok and agree to mutually privately settled if the cost is ok. I told him that I need to let my workshop assess first before we decided on the cost he needs to pay. It was a sat and sun workshop not open so I need to wait till Monday. And when I went down to the workshop, the technician noticed there is hairline crack on the tail light and dent on the rear bumper. So quote is about 5-6K. This is too high for the opposite party and the poor chap is a uber driver. He keep begging me to privately settle. I feel for him too. So I was wondering if u r me, any recommendation or advise. Should go ahead with the advise from the technician and claim for the 3rd party? Or I should just privately settled and close this. 

On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 11:13 PM, zyjd said:

To me the Elantra presents the best value for money. For under $8,000 depn per annum you get keyless entry/6 airbags/rear air-con/Android auto and Apple carplay compatibility if you go for the mid-range S model. The only thing it lacks is driving pleasure: it's such a boring, albeit comfortable, drive. One could almost fall asleep driving it!

The M3 has lots of driving pleasure, but it's let down by its rough SkyActiv engine - the idle start/stop system leaves much to be desired in terms of refinement. Also rear quarters and boot are tight. It loses out to the Korean makes in terms of equipment level too. However, Trans EuroKars has the lowest interest rate in town at 1.98% so you do save a bit on interest paid :)

Kia K3 is an outgoing model; new model is due to be launched here somewhere between the 3rd and last quarter of this year. Good discounts to be had if you buy the current version, though: the SX sports is loaded to the brim with frills and feel-good features. One has to note, however, that it isn't exactly a clone of the Elantra; the current K3 is based on the PREVIOUS Elantra MD platform - the current Elantra is using an all-new AD platform that the next gen K3 will use. As such, the Elantra is slightly wider and has a stronger chassis and structural rigidity.

The Jazz imo presents the worst value for money - for the same amount of money you can get a regular Korean sedan (and slightly more gets you the M3). Kah Motors have always pricedbtheir product at a premium. Also, it has only 2 airbags, and uses the horrible "EarthDreams" CVT transmission. It suffers from horrible ride quality as well - a torsion beam suspension set-up is forgivable on a sedan but not on a hatchback/crossover - hence you hear a lot of complaints about the Uber Vezels having a horribly bumpy ride. It has strong branding and potentially good resale values on its side, though.

Have you considered the newly launched Hyundai i30? It's a CAT B car at CAT A pricing: last I heard it was below $90,000 but I'm not so sure about now. The specs look very promising: century sprint in 8.9s, multi-link rear suspension, 242nm of torque. Have not tried it but overseas reviews are all raving about how good the drive is and how upmarket the cabin feels. Worth a look, at least :)

Hope this helps! Just my humble opinions yah. End of the day, best of luck in getting the best deal for your new ride!

Aye..ask u ah...

If the radio has been on off intermittently, its prob blown fuse or some woring prob yea?

Wd the service mechanic be able to fix the wores for me? 

Cd still working la.

tia

35 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

Aye..ask u ah...

If the radio has been on off intermittently, its prob blown fuse or some woring prob yea?

Cd still working la.

tia

天线?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, tyan said:

Hi all. I wanna seek for ur opinion on car accident. (dun worry, no one is hurt). I was at the ted light traffic and when it turned green. The car in front of me had not moved off so I waited. But then the car at my back just hit right into my car. It is quite a Big Bang.(this is my first car accident and I tot my engine has exploded) and then I realized that the car behind had bumped into me. As usual, inspection by both party. It was night time so I can’t see really properly. But from what I see, some chips and I dunno if there is any dent. More importantly I dunno if the structure of the car is ok. Both of us agreed that on the surface it looks ok and agree to mutually privately settled if the cost is ok. I told him that I need to let my workshop assess first before we decided on the cost he needs to pay. It was a sat and sun workshop not open so I need to wait till Monday. And when I went down to the workshop, the technician noticed there is hairline crack on the tail light and dent on the rear bumper. So quote is about 5-6K. This is too high for the opposite party and the poor chap is a uber driver. He keep begging me to privately settle. I feel for him too. So I was wondering if u r me, any recommendation or advise. Should go ahead with the advise from the technician and claim for the 3rd party? Or I should just privately settled and close this. 

Have you reported this to your insurance? That's of paramount importance in the event of an incident; even if you are doing a private settlement with the other party you should cover your own ass by reporting it to the insurers to to ensure their awareness of this incident. This is because if you were to do private settlement with the other party and have him sign a handwritten form that the case is closed, it isn't legally binding and there are bastards who'll bite back and submit a claim a few days later.

Check if he is ok with the cost your technician quoted you ($5-6,000). If he isn't, bopian, take this up with the insurance to claim against his. My advice would be to not accept any forms of installment or deferred payment; if he can't come up with the entire cost, go to the insurer direct. Again, protecting your own ass.

Lastly, ensure your workshop uses only original Audi parts in this repair because Premium Automobiles is notorious for being very fast to void warranty on the replacement part that isn't original.

1 hour ago, FluteGuan said:

Aye..ask u ah...

Cd still working la.

tia

What car are you driving? Is the radio headunit factory fitted, locally fitted by the dealer, or aftermarket (i.e., you changed it yourself)?

On/off intermittently as in the entire unit totally goes off and comes back on, or the radio stops for a while before coming back (all while the screen is turned on)?

7 minutes ago, zyjd said:

Have you reported this to your insurance? That's of paramount importance in the event of an incident; even if you are doing a private settlement with the other party you should cover your own ass by reporting it to the insurers to to ensure their awareness of this incident. This is because if you were to do private settlement with the other party and have him sign a handwritten form that the case is closed, it isn't legally binding and there are bastards who'll bite back and submit a claim a few days later.

Check if he is ok with the cost your technician quoted you ($5-6,000). If he isn't, bopian, take this up with the insurance to claim against his. My advice would be to not accept any forms of installment or deferred payment; if he can't come up with the entire cost, go to the insurer direct. Again, protecting your own ass.

Lastly, ensure your workshop uses only original Audi parts in this repair because Premium Automobiles is notorious for being very fast to void warranty on the replacement part that isn't original.

Thanks zyjd, at the point of accident during our own assessment, we agreed on a private settlement but we didn’t fix a cost becos I dunno how much to quote. So I say I need my workshop to quote. Now the cost is 5k. The driver says he cannot afford and becos we have already mutually agree to settle privately, I am unable to claim his insurance. Sigh. I reported this case anyway to the Audi premium workshop. (I presume this is ok. Do I have to inform AIG?) the audi technician says he will help me claim 3rd party insurance. 

yes, inform AIG. You have up to 24h to lodge a report with the insurance. Explain that it happened over the weekend and you were unable to get through their lines hence passing the 24h deadline. At least have AIG cover your back in this case of repairs should the other party bail on you.

All the best! Let us know how everything goes.

18 minutes ago, zyjd said:

What car are you driving? Is the radio headunit factory fitted, locally fitted by the dealer, or aftermarket (i.e., you changed it yourself)?

On/off intermittently as in the entire unit totally goes off and comes back on, or the radio stops for a while before coming back (all while the screen is turned on)?

Just ordinary family car, Jap Nissan la.

Never changed. Original unit.

The cd still working but radio sometimes on sometimes off. Very erratic. 

The lights and stations all displayed but no sound wor.

4 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

Just ordinary family car, Jap Nissan la.

Never changed. Original unit.

The cd still working but radio sometimes on sometimes off. Very erratic. 

The lights and stations all displayed but no sound wor.

Hmmm the reason I asked what car you drive is because I may be able to narrow down the fault - for eg if yours is a Toyota touchscreen unit it most probably is a software issue.

If yours is a Nissan it might be the antenna problem, especially if your antenna is built into the rear windscreen. Do you find it happening when you go over bumps or potholes? If yes then I'm guessing it's some faulty wiring.

3 hours ago, zyjd said:

Hmmm the reason I asked what car you drive is because I may be able to narrow down the fault - for eg if yours is a Toyota touchscreen unit it most probably is a software issue.

If yours is a Nissan it might be the antenna problem, especially if your antenna is built into the rear windscreen. Do you find it happening when you go over bumps or potholes? If yes then I'm guessing it's some faulty wiring.

Yea tts what i read online too, about the antennas in the rear windscreen and the potholes and such...

I hope the mechanic at the garage can get the wires fix when i send for routine maintenance. 

1 hour ago, Guest GuestGuest said:

100k, what is the best value car to buy

Korean makes like Elantra 'S', Kia K3 SX Sports, i30 1.4T, Honda Vezel, Toyota Sienta.

If you are looking at A LOT of frills like sunroof, ventilated seats, go for the K3 SX Sports. Packed to the brim and it's below $100,000. Best bang-for-buck sedan.

If you are looking for a comfortable family car with everything you need and nothing you don't, go for the Elantra 'S'. Undercuts the K3 SX Sports by at least $7,000 but it still has important features keyless, rear air-con.

If you are looking at power, a fun drive, and don't mind sacrificing a bit of boot space, check out the i30 1.4T. Specs wise it's really impressive: 138bhp and 242Nm of torque, with a century sprint of 8.8s. It's a CAT B car but it's cheaper than the K3 SX Sports. The features list is a bit spotty, though - it has niceties like a wireless charger, rear air-con, GPS, but only 2 airbags. I really don't know what was Komoco thinking when they specced up the i30.

People who have driven both the i30 and the Golf all tell me the i30 has a better drive than the current Golf 1.0 TSI.

If you want space but don't require 7 seats, Honda Vezel. Price differs between dealers but go for the X model with "Honda Sensing". You can drive a hard bargain at the parallel importers but ensure everything is in writing - not only the freebies and discounts, but also stuff like how many bids of guaranteed/non-guaranteed COE (I know of dealers who say 6 bids guaranteed but will twist their words to "guaranteed we bid for you, not guaranteed COE"). If possible, get the manager or boss of the shop to sign off next to the salesperson also - the latter is easily dispensed and you'll have no one to go to in the event things go south.

If you need 7 seats, Toyota Sienta. Best value for money 7 seater, and avoid the ones brought in by Borneo Motors as theirs is made in Indonesia and I have heard feedback that the plastics used in the interior is of a lower grade and more prone to rattles. The ones made in Japan have better fuel economy and more power. Beware, though, the last row of seats really aren't made for long trips with adults in it. Get the one (forgot the trim name) with dual sliding rear doors - it makes a difference in resale value.

Both the Vezel and Sienta suffer from crashy rides over uneven roads - quite a number of Uber passengers complained about it.

--

Just my 2 cents!

Guest Guest
15 hours ago, zyjd said:

Korean makes like Elantra 'S', Kia K3 SX Sports, i30 1.4T, Honda Vezel, Toyota Sienta.

If you are looking at A LOT of frills like sunroof, ventilated seats, go for the K3 SX Sports. Packed to the brim and it's below $100,000. Best bang-for-buck sedan.

If you are looking for a comfortable family car with everything you need and nothing you don't, go for the Elantra 'S'. Undercuts the K3 SX Sports by at least $7,000 but it still has important features keyless, rear air-con.

If you are looking at power, a fun drive, and don't mind sacrificing a bit of boot space, check out the i30 1.4T. Specs wise it's really impressive: 138bhp and 242Nm of torque, with a century sprint of 8.8s. It's a CAT B car but it's cheaper than the K3 SX Sports. The features list is a bit spotty, though - it has niceties like a wireless charger, rear air-con, GPS, but only 2 airbags. I really don't know what was Komoco thinking when they specced up the i30.

People who have driven both the i30 and the Golf all tell me the i30 has a better drive than the current Golf 1.0 TSI.

If you want space but don't require 7 seats, Honda Vezel. Price differs between dealers but go for the X model with "Honda Sensing". You can drive a hard bargain at the parallel importers but ensure everything is in writing - not only the freebies and discounts, but also stuff like how many bids of guaranteed/non-guaranteed COE (I know of dealers who say 6 bids guaranteed but will twist their words to "guaranteed we bid for you, not guaranteed COE"). If possible, get the manager or boss of the shop to sign off next to the salesperson also - the latter is easily dispensed and you'll have no one to go to in the event things go south.

If you need 7 seats, Toyota Sienta. Best value for money 7 seater, and avoid the ones brought in by Borneo Motors as theirs is made in Indonesia and I have heard feedback that the plastics used in the interior is of a lower grade and more prone to rattles. The ones made in Japan have better fuel economy and more power. Beware, though, the last row of seats really aren't made for long trips with adults in it. Get the one (forgot the trim name) with dual sliding rear doors - it makes a difference in resale value.

Both the Vezel and Sienta suffer from crashy rides over uneven roads - quite a number of Uber passengers complained about it.

--

Just my 2 cents!

My god....you are a pro!!!!  Really good!!!

Salute!

21 hours ago, zyjd said:

--

Just my 2 cents!

Crashy ride? Does it mean bumpy or easily can crash?

Just now, tyan said:

Crashy ride? Does it mean bumpy or easily can crash?

Bumpy. That's due to the torsion beam suspension set-up at the back.

As for easily crash... well let's just say both cars aren't cars I'd confidently corner with. Hahaha.

I still like Vezzel that back seats can fully flattened. I ever fantasized putting a mattress at the back and have sex in the public park!!! HahA

1 hour ago, tyan said:

I still like Vezzel that back seats can fully flattened. I ever fantasized putting a mattress at the back and have sex in the public park!!! HahA

So notti! Haha. Actually I had sex in my Verna... let's just say it was very uncomfortable and we both kept bumping the roof, door panels, and dashboard while we were at it. I scrapped it 3 days later lmao.

Btw how's your insurance claim?

1 hour ago, zyjd said:

So notti! Haha. Actually I had sex in my Verna... let's just say it was very uncomfortable and we both kept bumping the roof, door panels, and dashboard while we were at it. I scrapped it 3 days later lmao.

The opposite party has not filed the claim. Sigh. Dunno how long it will drag. Luckily it is not serious. 

1 hour ago, tyan said:

The opposite party has not filed the claim. Sigh. Dunno how long it will drag. Luckily it is not serious. 

But you notified AIG already? Try contacting the other party to ask what's going on and set a deadline for repairing your car and getting him to pay up. Not trying to be unsympathetic here but in such scenarios it's best to cover one's own ass as much as possible.

On 2/4/2018 at 1:07 AM, zyjd said:

My road tax is $732 per annum, insurance is about $1,000 per year, and I have free parking at home. The former 2 just costs me $145 a month, combined.

I put $300 in my cashcard and it can last me typically 4 to 5 months - that's less than $100 a month for ERP, mall parkings. Maintenance, petrol, car wash, I do up north. Much cheaper there. Another $300 a month for it.

I rarely receive fines: to date (5 years) I've only spent $100 on them. Loan interest not applicable coz I didn't take a loan for the car as I also feel it's a bit stupid to pay interest for nothing.

My total monthly cost: about $700. And imo the $700 is well-spent because I'd otherwise spend a long time commuting by public transport, and time is money. I've done my calculations before: if I were to take a taxi or private hire car everywhere, I'd spend about $900 per month.

So I guess in a way it's cheaper for me to own a car. Haha.

I realised that maintenance is not cheap, even up north. There servicing, tyres replacement etc can be a large sum. This money I won't save. as it compromises safety

And insurance is another blood sucker.

For me, I didn't take loan too. But car depreciates in value, so it definitely costs way more than $700 a month.

10k depreciation + insurance / 12 month  = easily another 1k per month.

I go to the jb often, and when I see all the patterns when it comes to pumping petrol, it puts me off. I mean there is nothing wrong in trying to save, but for that few bucks to rock a car, use the pump like some stance...

It is definitely a luxury item, with money comes convenience...and inconvenience. I dislike being a chauffeur, and morons on the road who drives like their grandfather own the road, motorcycles weaving in and out of traffic as though they are trying to make it to hell gate...it can be sucky to drive here. But on the other hand, it trains me to be patient.

Guest Guest
12 hours ago, zyjd said:

Sounds so violence.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Ironrod said:

@zyjd Yeah! I did it! I sccumbed to temptation and brought the new Audi A4 2.0 with VC package!

It has everything i wanted, so i throw my towel and sign my life away.

Congrats!! Welcome to the Audi group. 

Guest guest
On 05/03/2018 at 10:08 PM, zyjd said:

--

Just my 2 cents!

Do you like Subaru?

12 hours ago, Ironrod said:

@zyjd Yeah! I did it! I sccumbed to temptation and brought the new Audi A4 2.0 with VC package!

It has everything i wanted, so i throw my towel and sign my life away.

Yay congrats! /throws confetti

You should have told me you're buying Audi. I got a friend working there as a salesgirl haha. Is the color you chose ex-stock?

1 minute ago, LeanMature said:

Is it true that cars older than 10 years pay higher road tax as well as the carbon emission tax ?  Also higher insurance ?

Yes!

5 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

So not worth buying a car older than 10 years.  Some more no scrap value.

Actually u will have to do ur maths. 

2nd COE 5 yrs or 10yrs? 

Insurance will be more expensive

Road tax more expensive

Car subjected to breakdown 

if all these Sum up, is still cheaper than a new car or a younger car. Then go for it. 

5 minutes ago, tyan said:

Actually u will have to do ur maths. 

2nd COE 5 yrs or 10yrs? 

Insurance will be more expensive

Road tax more expensive

Car subjected to breakdown 

if all these Sum up, is still cheaper than a new car or a younger car. Then go for it. 

To be concise, if we compare a 5-years old car vs a second 5 years COE car, I reckon it is still cheaper to go for the 5 years old car.  Cheaper road tax and insurance.  Less maintenance.

Don't read and response to guests' post

5 hours ago, tyan said:

@Ironrod what perks did u get? When u collecting?

The main feature is Virtual cockpit, reverse camera with parking plus, Applr/Andriod play (they call it smartphone package). Frankly, I just love how the whole inside look and feel so i decided to commit to this liability (totally no rational)

SHould be April blah cos they say shipment arrives during end March

6 hours ago, zyjd said:

Yay congrats! /throws confetti

You should have told me you're buying Audi. I got a friend working there as a salesgirl haha. Is the color you chose ex-stock?

Almost all the colours in the catalog is available but Red is too loud and the rest too dark ....so in the end i settle with white (safest)

19 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

The main feature is Virtual cockpit, reverse camera with parking plus, Applr/Andriod play (they call it smartphone package). Frankly, I just love how the whole inside look and feel so i decided to commit to this liability (totally no rational)

SHould be April blah cos they say shipment arrives during end March

They throw in the VC for u too? That one is expensive leh. But upgrading of the software and map also cost money which is why that time I opt out. 

12 minutes ago, tyan said:

They throw in the VC for u too? That one is expensive leh. But upgrading of the software and map also cost money which is why that time I opt out. 

First 5 updates free for 2 years. Anyways, I don't think it will be expensive in future becos current also download from a site and update yourself using SD card.

I believe technology is the selling point of Audi and they starts to see it.

2 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

First 5 updates free for 2 years. Anyways, I don't think it will be expensive in future becos current also download from a site and update yourself using SD card.

I believe technology is the selling point of Audi and they starts to see it.

Ok. Too late for me. I already choose not to install. Let me know if the VC is good. Haha

Just now, tyan said:

Ok. Too late for me. I already choose not to install. Let me know if the VC is good. Haha

It's the only reason why i buy the car ahahahah cos currently i always place my phone (as gps) in front of the wheel. With VC finally my phone can do something else while i drive.

13 minutes ago, Ironrod said:

It's the only reason why i buy the car ahahahah cos currently i always place my phone (as gps) in front of the wheel. With VC finally my phone can do something else while i drive.

Aiyo. Dun pin too much hope on VC. In the end, I find google map still better

• G_M changed the title to Cars Discussions
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.