Male HQ

Cars Discussions

zyjd

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

if buy elantra or i30, a few years later want to sell got value bo?

Should have. Hyundai's resale values are quite strong. The number 1s in the market are still stalwarts like Toyota and Honda, lah, but if you compare with Nissan or Mitsubishi the Koreans are better.

Guest guest
2 hours ago, zyjd said:

Should have. Hyundai's resale values are quite strong. The number 1s in the market are still stalwarts like Toyota and Honda, lah, but if you compare with Nissan or Mitsubishi the Koreans are better.

Nissan Qashqai is a nice powerful car, but ex ex ex

I was on Boreno Motors website, their website no more certified pre-owned.  Looks like business is very good leh

5 hours ago, zyjd said:

Is that to mean Hyundai is now 2nd runner-up ? No wonder Hyundai cars are not much cheaper than Toyota and Honda..

Don't read and response to guests' post

• 2 weeks later...

If I buy a second hand car, who will pay for STA Inspection?  Is it true that if passed, buyer paid. If failed, seller paid ?

On 23/03/2018 at 7:31 AM, zyjd said:

3 hours ago, LeanMature said:

If I buy a second hand car, who will pay for STA Inspection?  Is it true that if passed, buyer paid. If failed, seller paid ?

typically market practice is buyer pay. Unless the car already comes with an STA certificate from the dealer so even if it fails, the payment is still borne by buyer because buyer is the one who requested for it. Take the $188 charge as a form of insurance, lah.

Guest Guest
2 hours ago, zyjd said:

Yeah I'll be there on Sunday! Try guessing who I am and which dealer I work for. Hahahah.

People say at car show the price is actually higher....because they must factor in the cost of the event mah....so you don't get a good value meal :))

23 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

People say at car show the price is actually higher....because they must factor in the cost of the event mah....so you don't get a good value meal :))

Actually tbh I'm quite surprised at the current package my company is throwing out for the expo weekend. I never had so many freebies to give away haha.

2 minutes ago, zyjd said:

Actually tbh I'm quite surprised at the current package my company is throwing out for the expo weekend. I never had so many freebies to give away haha.

Which booth ?  I am contemplating. 

On 06/04/2018 at 8:52 PM, zyjd said:

Quite a boring car show.......

20 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

From the ad, some cars are much lower now....esp the Koreans.

I think economy is bad, so not so many pple buying

CAT A has dropped to $37k.   Not sure will it bring potential buyers back to the showroom ?

53 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

CAT A has dropped to $37k.   Not sure will it bring potential buyers back to the showroom ?

Cat B also under 38k...

vroom vroom

Show closed at 8pm but I was trying to close a customer so I left at 945pm. Been there since 9am to set up booth so I'm really exhausted. A lot of browsers and people who act interested but when ask for credit card and IC they siam. Lots of first time car buyers who don't take loan too.

Sigh. Not a very good cars@expo for me this year. Last year was way better.

1 minute ago, zyjd said:

Show closed at 8pm but I was trying to close a customer so I left at 945pm. Been there since 9am to set up booth so I'm really exhausted. A lot of browsers and people who act interested but when ask for credit card and IC they siam. Lots of first time car buyers who don't take loan too.

More opportunities coming for you... Dun worry....

vroom vroom

Just now, Elotex said:

More opportunities coming for you... Dun worry....

Quite sian also because I got undercut by a colleague I considered to be a friend. When told it was my customer he's serving he outright told the customer in front of me, "whatever *my name* can give, I also can. And I will throw in extra fuel vouchers out of my own pocket in top of it." Disgusting because he's willing to leave a friendship aside for $800. 

But oh well ok I'm just ranting - sorry for distressing. What's your dream car to own in sg?

3 minutes ago, zyjd said:

Quite sian also because I got undercut by a colleague I considered to be a friend. When told it was my customer he's serving he outright told the customer in front of me, "whatever *my name* can give, I also can. And I will throw in extra fuel vouchers out of my own pocket in top of it." Disgusting because he's willing to leave a friendship aside for $800. 

But oh well ok I'm just ranting - sorry for distressing. What's your dream car to own in sg?

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is sexy af...

But Singapore context, considering everything expensive... Just go for something affordable lor and easy maintain...

No money no talk mah...

For me the Perodua Axia more than enough... Storing things is the problem only cz the boot small...

vroom vroom

1 minute ago, Elotex said:

The Giulia Quadrifoglio is sexy af...

But Singapore context, considering everything expensive... Just go for something affordable lor and easy maintain...

No money no talk mah...

For me the Perodua Axia more than enough... Storing things is the problem only cz the boot small...

Wahlau top up a few thousand can get the Mitsubishi Attrage or Hyundai Accent liao. Attrage got 7 airbags while Accent is using a 4 cylinder engine and has all round disc brakes. Both these cars got bigger boots and better resale than Axia.

But ok lah, Axia will be very cheap to service because anything wrong can just go up north.

1 minute ago, zyjd said:

Wahlau top up a few thousand can get the Mitsubishi Attrage or Hyundai Accent liao. Attrage got 7 airbags while Accent is using a 4 cylinder engine and has all round disc brakes. Both these cars got bigger boots and better resale than Axia.

But ok lah, Axia will be very cheap to service because anything wrong can just go up north.

Attrage family nope... U/G uncle... But the sibling SpacStar quite good looking... But the Angmoh said that its the worst car leh..

Accent can can ah... Like the very simple look... The sedan one... The hatchback ugly...

Bezza also can... Priced higher than Accent tho

vroom vroom

2 minutes ago, Elotex said:

Attrage family nope... U/G uncle... But the sibling SpacStar quite good looking... But the Angmoh said that its the worst car leh..

Accent can can ah... Like the very simple look... The sedan one... The hatchback ugly...

Bezza also can... Priced higher than Accent tho

Haha yeah the attrage is used predominantly for PHVs, but the upside would be cheap spare parts because they are in abundance everywhere. SpaceStar in SG is quite high specced, so it's different from the ones USA have. But both attrage and SpaceStar are shit to drive because the 3 cylinder engine vibrates a lot and sounds horrible.

I'd take the Accent any day. Agree the hatch is seriously ugly haha maybe that's why Komoco doesn't bring it in anymore. Got all-new Accent being launched overseas already though.

I find Toyota cars freaking overpriced now. The Vios is like $86,888. Wahlau. Can buy Korean family car or MIJ Honda Jazz. Top up $2,000 can get Mazda 3.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Kimochi said:

COE ,insurance, season parking, petrol, ERP, costly ~ car drop price the rest stagnate and predict petrol will go up. 

Yes, the monthly expenses make it economically irrational to own a car.

Even before starting the car, you pay car park, insurance, road tax. All these add up to ard $400. You can use this money to buy a 32"tv monthly. Haha.

Then think about petrol, instalment (car plus interest plus opportunity cost of investing the amount), ERP, maintenance, repair, public car park, fines.....

Unless you also make (more) money like the way you can throw money (buying a car), then can but without consideration

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, zyjd said:

Economy is bad. And maybe worse due to uncertainty....so pple more prudent

Guest Guest
58 minutes ago, zyjd said:

You should have top up with bod...the guy will buy from you :)

5 hours ago, zyjd said:

Haha yeah the attrage is used predominantly for PHVs, but the upside would be cheap spare parts because they are in abundance everywhere. SpaceStar in SG is quite high specced, so it's different from the ones USA have. But both attrage and SpaceStar are shit to drive because the 3 cylinder engine vibrates a lot and sounds horrible.

I'd take the Accent any day. Agree the hatch is seriously ugly haha maybe that's why Komoco doesn't bring it in anymore. Got all-new Accent being launched overseas already though.

I find Toyota cars freaking overpriced now. The Vios is like $86,888. Wahlau. Can buy Korean family car or MIJ Honda Jazz. Top up $2,000 can get Mazda 3.

The new Accent super nice siaa....  Dunno Komoco bring in or not...  Looks like baby Genesis from the front...

vroom vroom

17 hours ago, zyjd said:

Sorry to hear bro.

26 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

I think it is not good for most pple....

Elantra or i30?

Elantra a lot on the road... So parts should be easier to get... i30 I only saw 1 that day... TBH i30 more sexier la... The rear tho; love hate relationship...

I'm guessing Elantra more storage space then i30...

Want sportier wait for i30N... Very garang

vroom vroom

20 hours ago, zyjd said:

I didn't know that Attrage has only 3 cylinders.  Pick up must be quite lacking.  

I find the Accent almost look identical to the Mazda 3 but price wise a lot cheaper.

2 hours ago, Elotex said:

Elantra a lot on the road... So parts should be easier to get... i30 I only saw 1 that day... TBH i30 more sexier la... The rear tho; love hate relationship...

I'm guessing Elantra more storage space then i30...

Want sportier wait for i30N... Very garang

I'd go for the i30. Car is better built than the Elantra but wahlau eh only got 2 airbags whereas the Elantra has 6. Did you consider the wagon too? Komoco just launched it I think. Should be about a few thousand more but got 7 airbags and much bigger boot.

I like the hatch's rear leh. The fibre optic lights make it very distinctive when turned on at night. Haha.

52 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

I didn't know that Attrage has only 3 cylinders.  Pick up must be quite lacking.  

I find the Accent almost look identical to the Mazda 3 but price wise a lot cheaper.

Attrage 3 cylinder... Which some think its an imperfect engine... I was waiting for a friend that time under a block and a PHV Attrage came... Super noisy for a small brand new car... Guess PHV drivers no time to break-in....

vroom vroom

51 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

pick up for the Attrage is VERY lacking! And to get any power out from the engine one must floor the pedal which leads to a lot of noise and vibration... and the fuel economy goes down too. That said it is possible to achieve 20km/l on that thai tin can if you drive it REALLY SLOWLY and feather the accelerator. Haha.

54 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

I find Mazda in Singapore is just too overpriced... Some might like their design... I don't.... I only like the interior which kinda mimic those Audi MMI system and all; make it look abit atas, and those round steering wheel.... But I believe that there are better maker offering better package....

vroom vroom

11 minutes ago, Elotex said:

I find Mazda in Singapore is just too overpriced... Some might like their design... I don't.... I only like the interior which kinda mimic those Audi MMI system and all; make it look abit atas, and those round steering wheel.... But I believe that there are better maker offering better package....

better than Honda. The Jazz is a freaking $73,000 for a supermini! And the Civic 1.6 is way too overpriced.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.