Male HQ

Chinese New Year is coming and you know what that means...

Rhyn

10 hours ago, bigdanbeam said:

Y'all still do visiting/let others visit? Seriously?

I just tag along with my parents when they go visit my older relatives. 

However, we all make it a point to finish at my Grandma's, for hotpot/dinner/Blackjack and whatnot, for the rest of the night.

Will usually do this for both days. Then, my father and his siblings will make arrangements on which day to go visit them at their place, then we go on those days.

It's my 2nd CNY with my own place. Last year because just moved in, didn't invite relatives to come over. Now my Mama keep pestering me, bo bian have to "open house" for the aunties to come and take a look-see look-see.

My family too poor liao; don't go overseas during CNY one. xD

Guest Alone eventually
17 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

the ending words are meaningful though such ads r so common

The words don't apply to gays who stay single. We don't have families eventually when our parents pass away...:(

Guest Hateful ad
19 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

the ending words are meaningful though such ads r so common

Trite, wayang and almost real. I cringed many times, not just at so-called family values but collateral values held by the malaysian society that are regurgitated and shared on a daily basis. Rigid ideas of distinction between men and women and chinese family behaviours were all held ransom by this video. I don’t like it a teeny bit.

3 hours ago, Guest Alone eventually said:

The words don't apply to gays who stay single. We don't have families eventually when our parents pass away...:(

no1 in this world exist on his own

it is time for friends gathering, including those whom we have forgotten, we have mistaken them for
parents pass on doesn't mean u r all alone
Some don't even have parents to start with

Guest dontthk that is the focus
16 hours ago, Guest Stretching the dollar said:

Chinky new year. Time to wait for post cny sale. Huat ah!

so as to get dressup for the next Festive QingMing or Easter -all about deads?

43 minutes ago, Guest Hateful ad said:

Trite, wayang and almost real. I cringed many times, not just at so-called family values but collateral values held by the malaysian society that are regurgitated and shared on a daily basis. Rigid ideas of distinction between men and women and chinese family behaviours were all held ransom by this video. I don’t like it a teeny bit.

which is why I said tons of such common ads, nothing special

While I wish to help in fwdg your hateful comments to the agency, I m not sure who they r

but for sure nothing beats my all time fav by Yasmin Amad

16 hours ago, Nipoet said:

However, we all make it a point to finish at my Grandma's, for hotpot/dinner/Blackjack and whatnot, for the rest of the night.

Will usually do this for both days. Then, my father and his siblings will make arrangements on which day to go visit them at their place, then we go on those days.

It's my 2nd CNY with my own place. Last year because just moved in, didn't invite relatives to come over. Now my Mama keep pestering me, bo bian have to "open house" for the aunties to come and take a look-see look-see.

Festivals r to celebrate with the loved ones n not for overseas holiday. 

How rich u bcome ,pls do not change yr culture n traditions. 

16 hours ago, Nipoet said:

it is a gd thing not to fly (if not a short staycation will do)
Nothing ugly to b poor and one cannot be in the same situation as the boy in that video (read the youtube comments)

but isn't it a gd thing to invite pp to look at your new residence? or u find it too small? (don't worry they wont snatch away your fav bakkwa)

29 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

it is a gd thing not to fly (if not a short staycation will do)
Nothing ugly to b poor and one cannot be in the same situation as the boy in that video (read the youtube comments)

but isn't it a gd thing to invite pp to look at your new residence? or u find it too small? (don't worry they wont snatch away your fav bakkwa)

I've been staying with my BF since I bought the flat. Nobody in my family knows. So letting them come visit is... not very... convenient. xD

It IS small! 2-rm HDB flat only leh. But I'm not ashamed of it, coz it's finally mineeeee~~~~ bwahahaha.

I can always buy more bak kwa, anyway. That was never an issue. :P

1 hour ago, cutejack said:

Festivals r to celebrate with the loved ones n not for overseas holiday. 

How rich u bcome ,pls do not change yr culture n traditions. 

Not for introverts, though! I still prefer to stay at home and play games.

And I will probably still follow my parents when they go visit during CNY even *if* I do become rich. We're going as a family now because my 2nd elder brother and younger sister are still un-married. If they do, and have their own families, they'd probably not join our parents, as they probably have their own schedule to meet. 

Not thinking about when my parents are gone, though. :pray::( 

oh, then u r very fortunate in a deeper sense if your ma didn't disapprove your relatnshp

but didn't u mention your mama wanted u to do open house? doesn't she know abt it?

if it is w your bf then maybe don't open le

yes, I agree w the pt abt introv, hence I always asked about culture, your upbringg and your personality before I jump into conclusion

while I m not introv, there r times I don't feel like talking too...I welcome anyone to my flat , but I could just lock myself in rm and die inside

I don't even come out to greet or to welcome, ie just me if I totally don't feel like it
but feel free to eat anything  and chat w the rest

I respect one's decision to do anything they luv, but they have to respect mine too

13 minutes ago, Nipoet said:

I've been staying with my BF since I bought the flat. Nobody in my family knows. So letting them come visit is... not very... convenient. xD

It IS small! 2-rm HDB flat only leh. But I'm not ashamed of it, coz it's finally mineeeee~~~~ bwahahaha.

I can always buy more bak kwa, anyway. That was never an issue. :P

Not for introverts, though! I still prefer to stay at home and play games.

And I will probably still follow my parents when they go visit during CNY even *if* I do become rich. We're going as a family now because my 2nd elder brother and younger sister are still un-married. If they do, and have their own families, they'd probably not join our parents, as they probably have their own schedule to meet. 

Not thinking about when my parents are gone, though. :pray::( 

Yeah yeah. Enjoy the moment when the old ones still around. 

Guest Black widow

.... while I can’t wait for many of the old ones in my family to mati, kick the bucket, burst a vessel or balik kampong china to sell salted duck eggs. I won’t be attending their funerals, so no wasting money on sipping bubblies too.

Guest Pineapple puree
34 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not sure whether you asked me, but I hope the snow will have melted next week.:D

Heard the last time ground snow was this thick in paris was 1987. Woah! Happy skiing down the sacre coeur! Ice skating down the seine must be fun! You must do it!

Guest Basic Bitch Blessings
11 minutes ago, Phil said:

The Seine is not frozen, and hopefullly will not be for CNY, haha! It is not so cold...;)

Not this cold? My fingers will probably stick to the eiffel tower and have to be surgically removed... or the tower melted down or something. I hope the all the lovely, marshmallowy old folks there are fine and health unaffected by this scary unexpected “blizzard”.

I went to Chinatown with 2 Polish visitors over the weekend.

They really enjoyed sampling all the free jello and mochi from the stalls.

For me, it was this that caught my eyes - small tender, juicy (oily), unhealthy but what a treat..they come in red or black.. fits snugly in the mouth and super-super tasty...

Long and tasty.jpg

Guest 黄欲香
8 hours ago, abang said:

For me, it was this that caught my eyes - small tender, juicy (oily), unhealthy but what a treat..they come in red or black.. fits snugly in the mouth and super-super tasty...

Long and tasty.jpg

They are HARD too! And VEINY

Guest mama boy
On 2/8/2018 at 1:16 PM, -Ignored- said:

but didn't u mention your mama wanted u to do open house? doesn't she know abt it?

He will hide his bf in the wardrobe or somewhere nearby until his family finished the housewarm.  Besides, 2-room flat how to squeeze so many people for housewarming I also don't know.

Guest Cherry Mouth
11 hours ago, abang said:

Long and tasty.jpg

We are not at all surprised,  you have been well-trained for this day to come to sample whatever that can easily fit into your big mouth.

Guest Summer Blue Bird
On 2/9/2018 at 7:10 AM, Phil said:

Don't worry, everybody is ok. Not so scary to have snow in winter...:lol:

Temperatures will increase from Sunday and we'll have a nice weather for Friday Feb 16th.

Quite difficult to make all summer birds here believe it is "not-so-cold" in winter.   My ass nearly freeze when Singapore temperature nearly hit 21 degree recently and every dick I have tasted nearly chill up like icicle.   It is scary!

Finally get a closer look of Rhyn, previous hair col doesn't suit him at all

Oh abang really luv angmohs and have friends from all over the world, nice to learn that!

though I don't q get this

Hi! Guest,

I trust
@Nipoet

Doesnt fancy that idea anyway

n I think if it is really good friends, we will not mind a squeezy housewarming, I have done staycation w good frens, a hotel in sg is v small too (I didn't upgrade to deluxe too)

1 hour ago, Guest mama boy said:

He will hide his bf in the wardrobe or somewhere nearby until his family finished the housewarm.  Besides, 2-room flat how to squeeze so many people for housewarming I also don't know.

2 hours ago, Guest Summer Blue Bird said:

Quite difficult to make all summer birds here believe it is "not-so-cold" in winter.   My ass nearly freeze when Singapore temperature nearly hit 21 degree recently and every dick I have tasted nearly chill up like icicle.   It is scary!

:lol:

2 hours ago, Guest mama boy said:

28 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

Finally get a closer look of Rhyn, previous hair col doesn't suit him at all

Oh abang really luv angmohs and have friends from all over the world, nice to learn that!

though I don't q get this

Hi! Guest,

I trust
@Nipoet

Doesnt fancy that idea anyway

n I think if it is really good friends, we will not mind a squeezy housewarming, I have done staycation w good frens, a hotel in sg is v small too (I didn't upgrade to deluxe too)

Last year, my bf "conveniently" went back to his Mama's house in JB to Bai Nian. I was "lucky" to have my tiny flat to myself. 

My family unofficially came over to take a look at the place after we makan-ed at my Aunt's house, which was a few bus-stops away. My father drove the gang, together with my Grand-ma, to my place. Sofa only fit 3 person. 2 more sit on the sofa hand-rest. 2 sit at the dining table chairs ( they didn't wonder why I stay alone but got 2 chairs at the dining table) xD, while the rest 2 or 3 person stood and wander around.

It was really very squeezy! But I was proud to show off my very own roof to my seniors. -Guai-

Then my Grandma opined, "Your house very well-equipped. But still short of 1 thing."

Grandmas. What can you do? xD

After that, never come liao. That's why my mama wants an official open house.

3 minutes ago, Nipoet said:

Last year, my bf "conveniently" went back to his Mama's house in JB to Bai Nian. I was "lucky" to have my tiny flat to myself. 

My family unofficially came over to take a look at the place after we makan-ed at my Aunt's house, which was a few bus-stops away. My father drove the gang, together with my Grand-ma, to my place. Sofa only fit 3 person. 2 more sit on the sofa hand-rest. 2 sit at the dining table chairs ( they didn't wonder why I stay alone but got 2 chairs at the dining table) xD, while the rest 2 or 3 person stood and wander around.

It was really very squeezy! But I was proud to show off my very own roof to my seniors. -Guai-

Then my Grandma opined, "Your house very well-equipped. But still short of 1 thing."

After that, never come liao. That's why my mama wants an official open house.

conveniently ?

but doesn't your family know  about your..........u get me? or suspect anything? esp when Dad out of sudden "conveniently" drove all over and from your toothbrushes and etc wont he.........(and then was not even CNY)

To me it is not the issue of 2 rm or 20rms

btw

Sg all along before CNY is cold

it is not a new phenomena in sg at all

All along it has been that

I m not sure why pp suddenly make a news out of something common

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, Phil said:

Don't worry, everybody is ok. Not so scary to have snow in winter...:lol:

Temperatures will increase from Sunday and we'll have a nice weather for Friday Feb 16th.

Guest KNNBCCB
21 minutes ago, Nipoet said:

It is always easy for old folks to just talk and talk thinking Singapore can still buy a bowl of noodle for 50cts.  It is not like in their old days where they can just go out, grab a woman to get married and than feed a house of 10 childrens while the obedient wife just cook and do laundry.   Tell them to wake up because they don't have a clue how this younger generations have been struggling to make ends meet with an expensive roof over their head and woman nowadays are a real threatening bitch.

On 08/02/2018 at 8:11 AM, Guest Alone eventually said:

dont fixed yourself....get some girl who care of u..get married to form a family

Guest No Way Hosay
1 hour ago, bn4008 said:

dont fixed yourself....get some girl who care of u..get married to form a family

Girl care for u??? R u kidding me??? More like care for money

Guest Shampoo gal from kuching
1 hour ago, TwoChnBTMs said:

means more commercial spending...more superstitious....gst to increase soon...more taxes...as usual whats goes up never comes down...only dicks do

And the national flag. *finger click and tilts head* Aren't we tired of this shit?

Guest Udders Lee
48 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Old relatives passed away. Young relatives never visit. Just another doggone day. 

Those salted duck eggs they going back to sell must be so awfully salty. Young relatives? What relatives? You meant those clinger-ons on your perky tight asses while you are young and can pick them up on one hand and flip them onto your shoulders with the other? Oh don't depend on them like a flower to the bees. 花无百日红。One day they will learn it too, the hard way!

• Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.