Male HQ

Do Chinese Guys Only Go For Chinese Guys? + Why do Chinese prefer also Chinese? (compiled)

Guest Certified Non-halah

I have a malay bf before, but he was extremely choosy because of his religion.  We often cannot come to an agreement where to eat or what to eat because of his limitation.  Though I tried to accomodate him most of the time out of respect,  he find it a challlenge to accomodate me even on the fundamental requirements like which country to travel or what I speak.  In fact, I find it even challenging to make him eat western food even thought it was certified halal.   When I wanted to eat alone, he will complain that I have never invited him and started to suspect I was meeting someone.   The wise thing to do, is to call for a breakup and still remain friend to respect each other freedom.   However, I must disclaim that  there may be other exceptionally  "accomodative" & more modernised muslim out there.  Still I can't get away from my experience even when I have other malay friends were "keen" in me.   It is something for consideration to prevent hurting yourself and others so one will often find it reasonable to only opt for someone who shared similar culture and lifestyle.    Through my own personal experience,  if someone's religion will get in the way between two lovers and prevented other party from enjoying life,  it is best to breakup rather than patch up.

Guest Certified Non-halah
1 minute ago, Guest Certified Non-halah said:

Through my own personal experience,  if someone's religion will get in the way between two lovers and prevented other party from enjoying life,  it is best to breakup rather than patch up.

I need to further clarify my point that my view is not restricted to just muslim, it may apply to anyone "conversative" to the extreme of not knowing what life truly means as lover.

23 hours ago, zyjd said:

But that's just me. Please don't flame me if I'm politically incorrect: I'm just being very straightforward here. :P

I would hardly deem anything you mention as being politically incorrect. Problem is we have too much left wing nonsense from the west that is making what is cultural sensitive something that is about personal preferences and rights to choose. It no more difference for one to love eating raw food and another who only ear cooked food. heh.... It's people who try to change other to be like them or that all people should be like that with no good reason that are the politically incorrect hehehe...

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

I would hardly deem anything you mention as being politically incorrect. Problem is we have too much left wing nonsense from the west that is making what is cultural sensitive something that is about personal preferences and rights to choose. It no more difference for one to love eating raw food and another who only ear cooked food. heh.... It's people who try to change other to be like them or that all people should be like that with no good reason that are the politically incorrect hehehe...

Haha I just wanted to put it out there! Apparently a few guests have read between the lines of my posts and accused me outright of being hoity toity, arrogant, snobbish, etc. in another thread.

Ok getting back to topic, I redownloaded those dating apps here out of plain curiosity (I'm attached) and there are a few profiles here who outright state no blacks no asians... are they being racist? I don't think so, just stating personal preferences.

What I find racist, though, is that asshole who pushed my bf and I up the tram shouting CHINAAAAAA.

I had the pleasure of shoving him out of the tram just as the doors were closing. And flipped the birdie at him as the tram pulled away.

Guest Jackie chan an insult?
39 minutes ago, zyjd said:

Haha I just wanted to put it out there! Apparently a few guests have read between the lines of my posts and accused me outright of being hoity toity, arrogant, snobbish, etc. in another thread.

Ok getting back to topic, I redownloaded those dating apps here out of plain curiosity (I'm attached) and there are a few profiles here who outright state no blacks no asians... are they being racist? I don't think so, just stating personal preferences.

What I find racist, though, is that asshole who pushed my bf and I up the tram shouting CHINAAAAAA.

I had the pleasure of shoving him out of the tram just as the doors were closing. And flipped the birdie at him as the tram pulled away.

I had a bunch of blacks who tried to get my attention on a street in paris by yelling hey jackie chan as they walked passed. I turned and was too amused to respond. 

Political correctness. There are times where politically incorrectness is not noticable until you are in their position. Granted that you have been in their position such as getting rejected by a certain 'preference', however, are still not good enough to justify your insensitive statements, especially since you are still the fortunate majority back home. There is also nothing to be prideful about making/supporting such statements.

Putting political correctness aside, the word 'preferences' has been overused. The word has been used so conveniently that their reasons are usually unrepresentative of the group rejected - with blatantly incorrect stereotypes that could be known as racist, but hey fuck political correctness. Apparently, its cool for us to make political incorrectness statements since the west have been too politically correct (?). 

Having preferences are justifiable but not all the time. While preferences within us are intrinsic and inconspicuous, most of us consciously chose to be ignorant. Such as all Indians stinks or assuming a popular but untrue stereotype on said person which may not even be in the same ethnic group. These unjust preferences have been set needlessly in workplaces, social, or even charity. No one wants to be in the position of discrimination. 

Dating preferences is another point to bring up. Having strong preferences in dating is only natural since it plays an important part in your life - a rich husband, etc. Having racial indications may sometimes even be valid. However, similar points in the earlier paragraph, most of these dating concerns or dealbreakers are plain ridiculous. You managed to have the rarest chemistry or ticked the most checkboxes with this person, and yet he is given no chance to chat or as your date/significant one/soul mate because he cannot eat this or that. Dating is all about compromising, and if you used reasons that minor, then dating with anyone will be difficult (but if you are having a good one, lucky for you). 

My point is if you want to show the whole world about your preferences, then make it sound right. 

Edited by Steven94

To me it doesn't matter so long we don't have issues with food, language, culture  or religion (best if he doesn't have any). Many conflicts come from the above... 

I could say more explicit examples of such but trying not to be so direct....

6 hours ago, Guest Certified Non-halah said:

I have a malay bf before, but he was extremely choosy because of his religion.  We often cannot come to an agreement where to eat or what to eat because of his limitation.  Though I tried to accomodate him most of the time out of respect,  he find it a challlenge to accomodate me even on the fundamental requirements like which country to travel or what I speak.  In fact, I find it even challenging to make him eat western food even thought it was certified halal.   When I wanted to eat alone, he will complain that I have never invited him and started to suspect I was meeting someone.   The wise thing to do, is to call for a breakup and still remain friend to respect each other freedom.   However, I must disclaim that  there may be other exceptionally  "accomodative" & more modernised muslim out there.  Still I can't get away from my experience even when I have other malay friends were "keen" in me.   It is something for consideration to prevent hurting yourself and others so one will often find it reasonable to only opt for someone who shared similar culture and lifestyle.    Through my own personal experience,  if someone's religion will get in the way between two lovers and prevented other party from enjoying life,  it is best to breakup rather than patch up.

So contradicting... he should know the punishment for being a gay muslim is death. Still have mood to be choosy over food?

That's why I never believe in religion :(

5 hours ago, Steven94 said:

Political correctness. There are times where we wouldn't notice what is politically incorrect until you are in their position. Guaranteed that you have been in their position such as getting rejected by a certain 'preference', however, does not apply the same for others, especially since you are still the fortunate majority back home. There is also nothing to be prideful about making/supporting such statements.

Putting political correctness aside, the word 'preferences' has been overused. The word has been used so conveniently that their reasons are usually unrepresentative of the group rejected - with blatantly incorrect stereotypes that could be known as racist, but hey fuck political correctness. Apparently, its cool for us to make political incorrectness statements since the west have been too politically correct (?). 

Having preferences are justifiable but not all the time. While preferences within us are intrinsic and inconspicuous, most of us consciously chose to be ignorant. Such as all Indians stinks or assuming a popular but untrue stereotype on said person which may not even be in the same ethnic group. These unjust preferences have been set needlessly in workplaces, social, or even charity. No one wants to be in the position of discrimination. 

Dating preferences is another point to bring up. Having strong preferences is only natural since dating plays an important part in your life - a rich husband, etc. Having racial indications may sometimes be even valid. However, similar points in the earlier paragraph, most of these dating concerns or dealbreakers are plain ridiculous. You managed to have the rarest chemistry or tick the most checkboxes with this person, and yet he is still not given the chance to chat or as your date/significant one/soul mate because he cannot eat this or that. Dating is all about compromising, and if you used reasons that minor, then dating with anyone will be difficult (but if you are having a good one, lucky for you). 

My point is if you want to show the whole world about your preferences, then make it sound right.

A very balanced view. Sometimes its good to question our preference or choices and to see where did it come from..going to a foreign country and experiencing rejection based on race preference made me rethink about my own perceived notion of preference.

But at the end of the day..be kind.

10 hours ago, Guest Certified Non-halah said:

Who's talking about having a relationship... I thought the thread is about having a quick fun and not a full blown relationship?!?!

7 hours ago, Guest Sucked said:

Who's talking about having a relationship... I thought the thread is about having a quick fun and not a full blown relationship?!?!

The thread is on a general view, be it relationship or fun. Where did you get the idea it's all about quick jerky fun? 

27 minutes ago, barocco80 said:

While I wish to go out with a local/MY Chinese, I always find myself attracted to man from other parts of the world... And my ex is not even chinese so Love is Love I guess

Your ex was an African? Lol

Guest i don't like to eat duck
On 2/14/2018 at 8:51 PM, Guest Curious said:

I’m just wondering every time I check posts from forum (Personals and threads), or go to grindr or tinder, Chinese always prefer Chinese. Coz even with straight chi guys and girls, they prefer chi also. I would love to hear your thoughts, especially with the local Singaporean chinese here in the forum. Is it a cultural thing? Communication ease? 

it's a misunderstanding or misconception due to poor or lazy expression. most ppl said "chinese into chinese", what we do mean is the chinese feature, not the race/ethnic. if someone who's a fat, hairy, has bad breath and BO chinese, do you think i'll sleep with him just because he is a "chinese"? 

basically, it doesn't really matter if you are an indian, malay, pinoy, thai or anything, so long as you're relatively smooth, clean and passable built, hardly anyone will pick on the fact where you were born.

yes, generalization is bad. i had a very nasty and unforgettable experience of eating duck during my childhood days. i almost totally stopped eating that until even to date. ya i know, not all ducks are poorly prepared. but ...

2 minutes ago, Guest i don't like to eat duck said:

it's a misunderstanding or misconception due to poor or lazy expression. most ppl said "chinese into chinese", what we do mean is the chinese feature, not the race/ethnic. if someone who's a fat, hairy, has bad breath and BO chinese, do you think i'll sleep with him just because he is a "chinese"? 

basically, it doesn't really matter if you are an indian, malay, pinoy, thai or anything, so long as you're relatively smooth, clean and passable built, hardly anyone will pick on the fact where you were born.

yes, generalization is bad. i had a very nasty and unforgettable experience of eating duck during my childhood days. i almost totally stopped eating that until even to date. ya i know, not all ducks are poorly prepared. but ...

Just like I don’t fancy durians!

it is just personal liking 

2 hours ago, Guest i don't like to eat duck said:

3 hours ago, Ben Ben Ben said:

Just like I don’t fancy durians!

it is just personal liking 

Food cannot be used as an analogy.  If you said you don't like curry, that won't labelled you more racist than saying you dislike the skin color of a particular race.  If a non-Chinese said he dislike eating Chinese food, we cannot judged him as racist vis-à-vis saying you dislike the Chinese slit eyes. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

Racist is when someone shows discrimination or prejudice against someone of other races or thinks that a race is superior to another. 

I am friends to all races but when it comes to "more than friend scenario", I have my preferences. Similarly, I enjoy all cuisines but I prefer Chinese cuisine more. 

Racism and preference cannot be viewed as similar. That's wrong. 

18 hours ago, Guest Jackie chan an insult? said:

I had a bunch of blacks who tried to get my attention on a street in paris by yelling hey jackie chan as they walked passed. I turned and was too amused to respond. 

I don't think it was intended as an insult. Jackie Chan is a popular actor here.

Guest Jackass
5 minutes ago, Phil said:

I don't think it was intended as an insult. Jackie Chan is a popular actor here.

Yeah but he is also known to be a douche to women. Fat and ugly too. Not that I am complaining. XD

5 hours ago, Guest Jackass said:

Yeah but he is also known to be a douche to women. Fat and ugly too. Not that I am complaining. XD

He was probably better looking when he was younger, but still has a good image here I think. That's why I think it was not an insult^_^

Guest Namaste
1 hour ago, Phil said:

He was probably better looking when he was younger, but still has a good image here I think. That's why I think it was not an insult^_^

Thanks for informing. :blink: ;) :huh: 

Would have felt the compliment right away if it was Bruce Lee, or even Jet Li. 

Or even Faye Wong.

4 minutes ago, Guest Namaste said:

Thanks for informing. :blink: ;) :huh: 

Would have felt the compliment right away if it was Bruce Lee, or even Jet Li. 

Or even Faye Wong.

C'mon, do you expect idiots to know who those people are? To them the only Chinese in the world is Jackie Chan. I bet my last coin they wouldn't know the name of the current premier of China is.

Guest Jackass Changaleng
2 hours ago, zyjd said:

C'mon, do you expect idiots to know who those people are? To them the only Chinese in the world is Jackie Chan. I bet my last coin they wouldn't know the name of the current premier of China is.

I was only kidding lah. Jackie Chan looks like a douf. 

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 1:36 AM, zyjd said:

Apologies, I digress. The above post surfaced a contradiction of mine. 

Conundrum, to say the least. Whilst i read all posts with a bucket of salt, to some extent, I would want my comments to be viewed as genuine. But how can I be so bias? 

But some of the posts on BW are so obnoxious, far fetched, surreal, what have you. I surely can at my discretion, brush off whichever I want. But then, am I as genuine as I thought I am to be?

LOL. Just sharing. Killing time at the same. At end of day, life has more pressing matters...... like how much ang pow I will collect this year. HCNY

Edited by Boydsg

5 hours ago, zyjd said:

5 hours ago, Phil said:

Bruce Lee and Jet Li are well known too I think.

This being said, let's not think too much. Let's consider that as a joke and not an insult. Like being called "Alain Delon" in some countries...;)

You should response by calling back: "hello Barrack Obama".  That's a big compliment.  Or "Nelson Mandela" but not so good as he already passed away.

Guest Stereotypes
1 minute ago, LeanMature said:

You should response by calling back: "hello Barrack Obama".  That's a big compliment.  Or "Nelson Mandela" but not so good as he already passed away.

I may just go hey oprah winfrey!

Yes..I absolutely have preferences...I prefer a good looking guy over below average looking...a better built guy over skinny or fat guys...as for race...I prefer Ang moh to our Asian brothers but it doesn't mean it's always one over the other...race is the last tick on my list..if the other two tick is satisfied..I am all ready to go..haha

Guest i don't like to eat duck
4 hours ago, Guest Racist said:

Yes..I absolutely have preferences...I prefer a good looking guy over below average looking...a better built guy over skinny or fat guys...as for race...I prefer Ang moh to our Asian brothers but it doesn't mean it's always one over the other...race is the last tick on my list..if the other two tick is satisfied..I am all ready to go..haha

i can under good look and nice built since they are tangible. what's that something in angmoh that attracts you over asians? is it color of hair/skin/eyes, tool size, hair population, charisma or something else? 

i asked the same question to my friends who said they don't like indians (oops, opened a can or worms). but when delved into, the common reasons given are hairy and BO. so in essence, they don't reject indians because they are indian. but in daily convo, may be it is easier to (and unfairly) generalize them into a single category. stereotyping, some said. this is the exact same reason i don't bed angmoh in local and thailand sauna. not because they are farang but ...

it's not difficult to test if a person is racist or otherwise. give them a choice between a handsome n smooth indian hunk vs an fat BO chinese. reverse the adjectives for those who are into chubs.

Guest Not a racist
49 minutes ago, Guest i don't like to eat duck said:

it's not difficult to test if a person is racist or otherwise. give them a choice between a handsome n smooth indian hunk vs an fat BO chinese. 

Choice is so obvious n straight forward..... NEITHER. 

I rather be a monk than compromise my preference or standard. 

Well my opinion on part of racism in this quwstion is that usually non of us are raised in a sterile non-racist environment. Its not that racist propaganda is drilled into our heads. But something like -- you are in public space and an indian would smell icky and some(prob non indian) would comment "these indians why dont they take bath". And a young listener might intenalise this so called casual racism, which does effect thier initial interactions as adults. I am sure it goes for some other racial sterotypes  also. 

I know I might sound a bit douche bag. But in yester era it was the pecking order 1)An ang mo at top ... 2)then rest of the races (with you own race at top in lower steps).. 3) A darker skinned race or the lone black if you see him. Now with changing living standards.... the pyramid is quite mixed up. In singapore the singaporeans(majority of whom are chinese ethnics) have really done well, so an ang mo might really not be on top of pecking order. But the general sterotypes remain in place ..... gay or str8.... sorry if offended any sensibilities.... i delved into it from racial perpective only because the original question was about the aparent perception of chinese prefer only chinese which is a racial sterotype. Of course not all chinese consider that as their ONS or relationship forming criteria. 

Guest White Man
6 hours ago, Ben Ben Ben said:

I thought Malay prefers malay

indian prefers Indian 

Ang mo prefers Ang no 

isn’t that so? 

In general, I find Singaporeans somewhat racist... very insular in their thinking...

As a Caucasian, I’m very attracted to Asian guys, particularly Japanese, Chinese and Korean guys. It’s sll abour preference, it’s not to say I don’t like guys of my own race. And all this chat about communication, eating different foods etc. is total BS! Get and and live a little, some very narrow minds here... just my 2 cents. 

Guest Not about Racism

Dudes, why so bitter? Nothing to do with racism. Please stop associating preference as racism. 

Straight guys (majority) will not have sex with gays. Are they homophobic? No

For all pet lovers, given a choice, will you choose white puppy/kitten or black puppy/kitten? 

Too bad. Move on. Stick to your own (oh, why are you not choosing your own race - not good enough? Duh).  

3 hours ago, Guest White Man said:

In general, I find Singaporeans somewhat racist... very insular in their thinking...

As a Caucasian, I’m very attracted to Asian guys, particularly Japanese, Chinese and Korean guys. It’s sll abour preference, it’s not to say I don’t like guys of my own race. And all this chat about communication, eating different foods etc. is total BS! Get and and live a little, some very narrow minds here... just my 2 cents. 

I only see old Caucasian men attracted to Asian guys.  Young Caucasian men hardly.  I disagree that Singaporeans are racist, perhaps just anti-foreigners due to the large inflow of people entering the job market. 

10 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

I only see old Caucasian men attracted to Asian guys.  Young Caucasian men hardly.  I disagree that Singaporeans are racist, perhaps just anti-foreigners due to the large inflow of people entering the job market. 

I heard it’s because the young caucasians won’t go for the older ones and the only way these old caucasians will get into a young guys pants is if it’s those young Caucasian worshipping skinny Asian twinks. 

Hows that for a racist stereotype?

I read this thread and it just seems ridiculous. There are Chinese into Chinese. There are definitely Malays into Malays. Etc. etc. there are also racist people but just because the person you like is not into you doesn’t make it a question of race. Go find someone who likes you back, as much, or better, more!  Don’t drag race into a matter of the heart that nobody can really explain. 

Edited by Rice60640

I supp Rice
(I endured for NOT commenting on such a thread for sometimes , not that I miss reading such a boliao thread )
those who raised such issues  r usu the NON-Chinese (it is a fact, not a racist sttm) include those who PMed me that they are non-Chinese and they wish to........

in a majority of Chinese in sg, why shd all the Chinese forced themselves to fight for the minority?
eg Japanese shd be open and tolerant? eg Jp shd not just luv Jp , they shd go for Caucasians and Indians as well as.........

it is a matter of fate eg my best frens are my army buddy - an Indian (many accused that I don't touch indian or non Chinese, not sure why)I don't even keep contacts w any of my school mates or classmates

it s been so many  years, and I m still in close contact w my bmt best pals, not the camp I m in

it is all a matter of fate, I didn't choose an Indian to be my pal!

While there is a younger guy who hooked on to me, yes a chines

but it was painful guiding a Young one, and worst he cannot use English language

while I m definitely tip top in my Chinese, it was challenging cos sometimes I need to get the msg across,

I can close my eyes to type in English w lightning speed but I couldn't do it to him that fast using Chinese (though my typing speed is v fast), he cannot read even simple vocabs!

and there r some interesting fb postings, I couldn't share it w him too

MANY more examples to quote, he couldn't even pronounce a Japanese restaurant or a brazil restaurant properly ie NOT even English eg Keisuke
Which is why I said he could hook on , but tht doesn't mean I will want him  and he is a Chinese (in a service line, how the hell can someone don't know English in Sg, in msia yes!)

that has nothing to do w the Race or ethnicity at all

(&  I felt the issue w BW is OVERly sensitive, when someone state their preference, or put up a sttm, they read it as going into racist sttm/remarks, no, ie NEVER the intention!)

Such topics shd b immed removed!

Guest Hypocrite

I agree with @-Ignored-

But I also advocate to ban users who have poor command of English from posting so frequently (literary diarrhea) and from criticising others for their poor language command. Such arrogance and hypocricy. 

23 minutes ago, Guest Hypocrite said:

I agree with @-Ignored-

But I also advocate to ban users who have poor command of English from posting so frequently (literary diarrhea) and from criticising others for their poor language command. Such arrogance and hypocricy. 

this is NOT a language class

if  u  cannot take this, take it up to the moderators

to ban or not is not to be discussed here and not your role too

not everyone has the luxury to learn English and we have to accommodate and change our lifestyle to fit w them and learn to understand the context

do NOT bring in any topic ie totally irrelevant to the topic eg ban users for the wrong reasons

Guest Open mind

People may have their preference due to all kinds of reasons whether justifiable or not. I have had people turn me down coz of my race over the forum since I don't post pic. But I have never had any problems attracting people of all kinds of race when they see me. It's all got to do with visual to a large extent and also charisma and confidence. On the contrary I have turned down many coz they are so fucking ordinary like the majority. Anyways one man's meat is another man's poison. Alot of superficial and totally irrelevant people in this forum. Just go out and try..u never know what u are worth until u try..

P.s the same guys who said no to me in the forum have later express interest in me..go figure

Guest Not kidding
12 minutes ago, Guest Open mind said:

People may have their preference due to all kinds of reasons whether justifiable or not. I have had people turn me down coz of my race over the forum since I don't post pic. But I have never had any problems attracting people of all kinds of race when they see me. It's all got to do with visual to a large extent and also charisma and confidence. On the contrary I have turned down many coz they are so fucking ordinary like the majority. Anyways one man's meat is another man's poison. Alot of superficial and totally irrelevant people in this forum. Just go out and try..u never know what u are worth until u try..

P.s the same guys who said no to me in the forum have later express interest in me..go figure

I feel you. I am a mix between Clooney n Pitt but people online still turn me down. So bitter 

• G_M changed the title to Do Chinese Guys Only Go For Chinese Guys? + Why do Chinese prefer also Chinese? (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.