Male HQ

Getting a new computer

Traveller789

I bought mine from this website.

You can customize any of the specs you want!

http://www.googoo.com.sg

I wanted a SFF pc that can still play some high-end games, that's why I was looking around for customiz-able SFF PC's, and stumbled upon this.

Select the specs you want, and see what it costs. You can use this as a gauge to shop around, if you like.

35 minutes ago, Traveller789 said:

Thanks for theme info.  I still prefer desktop. Cos i don't need to carry computer move around. 

Could you state your budget and what do you plan to use it for? (: Would be easier to make some suggestions as I have an idea on your needs + a workable budget. 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

1 hour ago, Rhyn said:

Could you state your budget and what do you plan to use it for? (: Would be easier to make some suggestions as I have an idea on your needs + a workable budget. 

Just CPU,  surf net, download  and watch movies.  Game will be like candy crush  type. Simple office tool like Microsoft office. 

Edited by Traveller789

Okay (: do you have space constrains? Because there are a lot of chassis (the case that holds a PC components) out there from big to small. 

Yeah below $1k isn’t an issue. But does the budget include a monitor, keyboard and mouse or exclude?

So from what I can gather so far...

Parts List (just show this to the guy at Sim Lim, Cybermind, they’ll do the rest for you. Might take about an hour or more)

Ryzen 2200G 

MSI A320M-PRO-VH Plus ($260, price is inclusive with 2200G)

Corsair 8GB RAM ($162)

WD BLACK 1TB SSHD ($115)

Cooler Master Master Box Lite 5 Case ($79)

Cooler Master MWE 450W Power Supply ($59)

Windows ($158)

Total Cost: $833 (Link to the shop and price list is here: http://www.cybermind.com.sg/pdf-upload/pricelists/cybermind.pdf)

Edited by Rhyn

2 hours ago, Rhyn said:

So from what I can gather so far...

Parts List (just show this to the guy at Sim Lim, they’ll do the rest for you. Might take about an hour or more)

Ryzen 2200G 

MSI A320M-PRO-VH Plus ($260, price is inclusive with 2200G)

Corsair 8GB RAM ($162)

WD BLACK 1TB SSHD ($115)

Cooler Master Master Box Lite 5 Case ($79)

Cooler Master MWE 450W Power Supply ($59)

Windows ($158)

Total Cost: $833

that is quite reasonable!!!

even after adding the mouse , keybd etc

I think Ram for PC can up abit more even though he will not need large chasis for fanciful graphics card etc

Travellor! U shd tks Rhyn!!

HDD space, I wonder will he need that much space? best is to do backup ie portable....

Oh yeah to follow up with this, there are some points that I need you to consider before buying anything.

I'm not sure how much space you need in your PC because you're using it for basic surfing and no games, hence I would recommend an SSD over the traditional hard drive as SSDs almost never slow down after prolonged usage. Hard drives tend to slow down after about 5-6 months. 

However, I excluded an SSD from your build as 

1) it's tricky to configure the storage, the initial plan was SSD+HDD but unless the guy over at Sim Lim knows what to do it’s not wise

2) cost [a 250GB SSD cost the same as a 1TB hard drive, but I believe that 250GB is too little storage given this day and age]

If you want, you can swap out the 1TB HDD for a 500GB SSD, and you should be all-clear. But you do have to fork out an additional +$100 for the 500GB SSD.

Edited by Rhyn

9 minutes ago, Rhyn said:

Oh yeah to follow up with this, there are some points that I need you to consider before buying anything.

I'm not sure how much space you need in your PC because you're using it for basic surfing and no games, hence I would recommend an SSD over the traditional hard drive as SSDs almost never slow down after prolonged usage. Hard drives tend to slow down after about 5-6 months. 

However, I excluded an SSD from your build as 

1) it's tricky to configure the 

2) cost [a 250GB SSD cost the same as a 1TB hard drive, but I believe that 250GB is too little storage given this day and age]

If you want, you can swap out the 1TB HDD for a 500GB SSD, and you should be all-clear. But you do have to fork out an additional +$100 for the 500GB SSD.

I think I learnt so much!

the 100sgd extra should be fine! for an SSD , to @Traveller789

but  I worry would it be tricky to configure, not sure how the Sim Lim guys can manage it?

Rhyn, why do HDD tend to slow down after a few mths, I noticed the same issue even if it is for laptop!

SSd really wont slow down?

19 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

I think I learnt so much!

the 100sgd extra should be fine! for an SSD , to @Traveller789

but  I worry would it be tricky to configure, not sure how the Sim Lim guys can manage it?

Rhyn, why do HDD tend to slow down after a few mths, I noticed the same issue even if it is for laptop!

SSd really wont slow down?

The people at Sim Lim knows how to configure a SSD+HDD system but unless you give them specific instructions (which I would recommend but it’s a bit lengthy), they won’t do it lol. 

The gist of it is that you have to imagine HDDs like a library- a librarian has to “walk” to find book, and “walking” back and forth to between the shelves of a library find the books is extremely time consuming. The problem gets worst especially when the library is full of books.

Same goes for HDD- more data, more walking, more time consumed.

An SSD stores data differently. If you have an SD card, you technically have a watered down version of an SSD. 

Basically, data is stored in such a way that you don’t need to “walk” to find the data. It’s stored like a library still, but instead of “walking”, the library can instantaneously “teleport” between the shelves to find the books immediately. Also, the librarian has super memory lol it knows where the data is stored exactly. A HDD doesn’t know that. 

22 hours ago, Rhyn said:

The people at Sim Lim knows how to configure a SSD+HDD system but unless you give them specific instructions (which I would recommend but it’s a bit lengthy), they won’t do it lol. 

The gist of it is that you have to imagine HDDs like a library- a librarian has to “walk” to find book, and “walking” back and forth to between the shelves of a library find the books is extremely time consuming. The problem gets worst especially when the library is full of books.

Same goes for HDD- more data, more walking, more time consumed.

An SSD stores data differently. If you have an SD card, you technically have a watered down version of an SSD. 

Basically, data is stored in such a way that you don’t need to “walk” to find the data. It’s stored like a library still, but instead of “walking”, the library can instantaneously “teleport” between the shelves to find the books immediately. Also, the librarian has super memory lol it knows where the data is stored exactly. A HDD doesn’t know that. 

Soka! I only know it meant Solid-State Drive, but dunno exactly how the data is stored. xD

Thanks for the interesting analogy. xD

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.