Male HQ

Gay Culture in the 1970s

Patrickvivian

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2018 at 5:59 PM, Patrickvivian said:

Long before there was gay saunas, gay clubs, gay discos; most gay men cruise at cinemas toilets, and public parks.

How many mature men here in BW remembers Hong Lim Park in the 1970s? Katong Park Toilet? Fort Road? Bedok Stadium?

have been there and done it all.  miss those hangouts.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

5 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

have been there and done it all.  miss those hangouts.

Yes those wild and dangerous days of cruising in public places was fun, interesting and adventurous. Do you realize our government are quite smart in that they cut off long hanging tree branches and instal more street lights so that we cannot hide in the shadow.

On 3/12/2018 at 12:04 PM, Patrickvivian said:

Anyone also remember that the more daring and gungho gay men would leave their pager numbers on the back of toilet doors ?

oh yes and i contacted many men through their pagers including a few from the medical profession and bankers too.

All in sex is fair.

• 5 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Yas1950 said:

You have opened up a very intimate and interesting topic.
I was quite actively gay and crossdressing during these years
60s, 70s and early 80s.
Somehow we used to be able to spot our own kind. The instincts
were simply amazing.

Don't u agree?

Yes I agree that all gays seem to be tuned into same radio frequency. The one place I missed most in Orchard Road is the Pebbles Bar at the defunct Hotel Forum.

23 hours ago, Patrickvivian said:

Yes I agree that all gays seem to be tuned into same radio frequency. The one place I missed most in Orchard Road is the Pebbles Bar at the defunct Hotel Forum.

I used to hang out at Pebbles almost every other weekend alternating with Le Bistro at the old Tropicana.  Both were great places to hook up with fellow gays.

All in sex is fair.

On 3/10/2018 at 11:16 PM, Patrickvivian said:

Yes those wild and dangerous days of cruising in public places was fun, interesting and adventurous. Do you realize our government are quite smart in that they cut off long hanging tree branches and instal more street lights so that we cannot hide in the shadow.

The vegetation at the old Esplanade/Elizabeth Walk was a very ideal place and had very heavy traffic flow.

16 hours ago, Yas1950 said:

The vegetation at the old Esplanade/Elizabeth Walk was a very ideal place and had very heavy traffic flow.

I remember the cluster of trees at the junction of Paterson/Orchard Road where Wheelock Place now stands.  In the 80s it was just an empty piece of land with lush vegetation. I sucked off a few cocks there among the bushes hidden from the bright lights of Orchard Road and the constant flow of traffic.  Those were the day!

All in sex is fair.

On 4/12/2018 at 10:31 AM, Patrickvivian said:

I sometimes crossdressed and went out with my BF to dark places like behind Wisma Indonesia to wait for some fun to happen.

On 4/16/2018 at 10:50 AM, kimlo777 said:

I remember the cluster of trees at the junction of Paterson/Orchard Road where Wheelock Place now stands.  In the 80s it was just an empty piece of land with lush vegetation. I sucked off a few cocks there among the bushes hidden from the bright lights of Orchard Road and the constant flow of traffic.  Those were the day!

That was nearby to where I used to hang out behind Wisma Indonesia.