Male HQ

Tenant payment due date

Guest Money

Guest Money

Anyone here can share whether you will pester your tenant if payment is overdue?   If due date is 1st of every month what is the max grace period you allow them to owe you?

15 minutes ago, senah said:

For me it's 7 days

That is at little long.  They may extend further in future if they know you are so lenient.

Well when you first rent out the room, did he pay a full month's rent as deposit?

Make it a rule that rent must be paid on the 1st of the month for this month..

i.e. for the month of March 2018, he has to pay up by 5th March, otherwise you have the right to impose a fine.

But remember you need to register him with HDB if yours is a HDB flat.

Guest Money
1 hour ago, abang said:

Well when you first rent out the room, did he pay a full month's rent as deposit?

Make it a rule that rent must be paid on the 1st of the month for this month..

i.e. for the month of March 2018, he has to pay up by 5th March, otherwise you have the right to impose a fine.

But remember you need to register him with HDB if yours is a HDB flat.

Oh, so there is a silent grace period of 5 days?  Yes, the lesbian couple paid their first month deposit and they are not supposed to offset the rental if they didn't pay up right?

deposit cannot offset rental, it will only be return after the lease end in case there is any damages done.....not a good idea to give grace period no matter how many days, unless exceptional cases like their salary bank in late but then it can't be every month also late

Usually in the tenancy agreement there's a clause that once a grace period of 7 days is over and rent is unpaid, interest is chargeable.

Highlight this clause at the beginning of the lease. Or make them do a standing order with the bank to deposit to your account at a fixed day of the month.

all my previous tenants pay me via giro with auto transfer on 1 day of each month. this way i dun need to chase them

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

1 hour ago, kimlo777 said:

all my previous tenants pay me via giro with auto transfer on 1 day of each month. this way i dun need to chase them

clever Kimlo

I was looking at the title of this thread, I was about to suggest in this high tech era , all are to do auto transfer , pls MAKE  your tenant do that (upon signing) ! - since everything in sg is about GIRO
(though i don't rent out my flat) then I scrolled down n saw that Kimlo has already done so

Do note that NOT all the banks provide Free Auto transfer though

On 02/03/2018 at 10:57 PM, Guest Money said:

Oh, so there is a silent grace period of 5 days?  Yes, the lesbian couple paid their first month deposit and they are not supposed to offset the rental if they didn't pay up right?

Anything not listed in black and white is debatable.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Guest
On 3/2/2018 at 6:51 PM, Guest Money said:

Anyone here can share whether you will pester your tenant if payment is overdue?   If due date is 1st of every month what is the max grace period you allow them to owe you?

Why don't you just kick them out? You should have a deposit right? Confiscate their deposit, change lock and throw all their things at the rubbish bin. 

Teach them one good lesson. So they won't dare to try stay free. These shameless beggars should leave. 

Guest Money
3 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

I did request, but tenant didn't want to use Giro.

18 hours ago, Guest Money said:

I did request, but tenant didn't want to use Giro.

I make it a rule that all my tenants pay via Giro.  I don't have to worry about default payment.  If they refuse to use Giro then I won't rent them the room.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Guest 818B CCK Ave 1
On 06/03/2018 at 1:36 PM, Guest Guest said:

Please spread their pictures online. Let owners know and be careful

Can post photo of landlord that demand for late payment in kind? 

• Guest locked this topic