Male HQ

BW Site Outage on 8 Mar 2018

HendryTan

UPDATE 2

1. "BW Chat Room" should be OK now.

2. Thanks gstc82 for the offer for readers to donate.

However the Mod's current preference is still to "earn" through the banner ads.

3. Readers, if you know business who like to advertise, please refer to us (PM OralB)

Do support our Advertisers and if they find it effective, hopefully more people will advertise at BW :-)

Cheers !

UPDATE 3

1. Database Problem

a. Our database "crashed" again at 04:30 hours after we went to bed.

We have quickly restarted the database to allow forum to come back online.

b. I have to run more checks later during my lunch time.

c. Please post onto this thread, any errors that you encounted so we can quickly look into it.

2. Apologies.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Mod

Hey Mods!

I know that it’s in your policies to not accept donations and run it purely on business, but are there reasons for not considering donations? Policies can change because of situations changing as well, and I think some of us would love to help in anyway we can, even if it’s $1.

Wikipedia by by itself is non-profit, and we use it a lot for information. I see the same for BW, and whilst most of us may not use it for the same purposes, the variety of people here that uses it can appreciate and maybe, would love to return the favor in many ways, one of which is money. 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

UPDATE 4

1. We have managed to fixed the "Inbox / Notification" problem as reported.

2. Please post any other issues here.

3. Expect short intervals of unexpected down time today, while we squeeze in fixes when we find time during office breaks.

4. Our apologies in advance.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Mod

5 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1. Update:

a. Our database died again last night at 04:30.

I believe I have to run more checks later during my lunch time.

b. Do post any errors here.

c. I guess we need more checks.

2. Apologies.

Hendry Tan

Admin cum Mod

Guest KOPI' O SIEW DAI
6 hours ago, HendryTan said:

However the Mod's current preference is still to "earn" through the banner ads.

Preference is good, but other sources are not bad either.  BW can consider setting up paypal  a/c for readers to "BUY MODS COFFEE"  even if it is just a dollar a month.

2 minutes ago, Guest KOPI' O SIEW DAI said:

Preference is good, but other sources are not bad either.  BW can consider setting up paypal  a/c for readers to "BUY MODS COFFEE"  even if it is just a dollar a month.

i second that...cannot agreed more.. Pls consider

Yup. im not sure how it works, but can do anonymous donation, so the donations are given anonymously, then nobody can 

argue and "claim" whatever they tot they are entitled for donating. 
and yes, i also dont mind donating too! "buy mods coffee" sounds like a good plan too.

14 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Pm still cannot see ~

1. Kimochi, do you still encounter the issue ?

2. Please test on separate machines

- PC and then

- handphone.

3. Try to clear your browser cookies and cache  and retry.

4. Let me know the test result.

Cheers !

OK..this is just my take on preventing late payments again.  Surely we do not want to get into the same routine as the breakdowns in our transport problems here in Singapore. 

It is time to reconsider whether we can turn this board into a subscription one.

Yes I understand you "rejected" the idea many times already but it is now time to work on the financial situation. 

Like many frequent contributors/readers, I want to show my appreciation for the diligence put up by the team.  When you have a core group of patrons and a steady income, you can look beyond current provisions and plan forward.  

A minor issue with the proliferation of unregistered guests opening threads as and when they fancy can be curtailed.   There will be lesser bickering between these peeps and the board can truly provide a solace of the gay community.  

Maybe because if they accept donations to run the website, they need to register with some extra Govt Agency to show transparency of where the money will go to?

The extra hassle/paperwork may be too cumbersome to warrant the extra "income" from donations.

2 hours ago, HendryTan said:

1. Kimochi, do you still encounter the issue ?

2. Please test on separate machines

- PC and then

- handphone.

3. Try to clear your browser cookies and cache  and retry.

4. Let me know the test result.

Cheers !

Can see already. Never did the above 

1 hour ago, abang said:

OK..this is just my take on preventing late payments again.  Surely we do not want to get into the same routine as the breakdowns in our transport problems here in Singapore. 

It is time to reconsider whether we can turn this board into a subscription one.

Yes I understand you "rejected" the idea many times already but it is now time to work on the financial situation. 

Like many frequent contributors/readers, I want to show my appreciation for the diligence put up by the team.  When you have a core group of patrons and a steady income, you can look beyond current provisions and plan forward.  

A minor issue with the proliferation of unregistered guests opening threads as and when they fancy can be curtailed.   There will be lesser bickering between these peeps and the board can truly provide a solace of the gay community.  

Hi Abang

I would like to contribute but I will not impose my views on how it should be managed.

Guest Typical
1 hour ago, gstc82 said:

Hi Abang

I would like to contribute but I will not impose my views on how it should be managed.

Gstc good on you . ThT typical used by date potato fag ABANG is so typical . Give money wanna control and demand . Typical 

I have supported the ads by buying and using their products . Finish !

Guest Massivematuremeatybeargene

Better don t write so much! Each word kenna charge! Wait say many nice thing get double jack. But wait a min, how do banner charge! And can anything be advertise! Ask home base masseur to ............

I want to thank others for supporting the idea of "contributions" but let us not fight over minor issues...you know what is uncalled for... I'm NOT entertaining such remarks/opinion..no point sprouting out unwarranted and unappreciated condescending remarks as stated ... 

ThT typical used by date potato fag ABANG is so typical . 

That is why the debate over guest .....should or should not post ...you can hide behind your facade and slammed me to death but what do you gain...a moment of shiokness in the groin?

11 minutes ago, FluteGuan said:

The focus is on keeping the website alive...

Sigh.

Where love exists, differences cease...

Problems exist in life.

Learn to handle them. With love....

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest 小肥猫
8 hours ago, abang said:

Eh?  Not all guests are bad and not all registered users are good.  You can see some registered users bickering here too and there were guests who create very good discussion topics,  比如我这人见人爱的小肥猫。

算了吧,吹风殿的一些小插曲又不是常发生的事,擦一擦揉一揉就没事了,大家又何 必大惊小怪的。 眯眯!!

I am heartened to see so many coming forward to offer suggestions and advice,

Sure, we may not always agree , but every voice must be heard.

Id rather see guests and registered pp voice out. Shows they care... in their own way.

Than some people who just continue to sing song, sell their old dirty linen, air their racism and rave about their saunas and stds...and be merry and totally NOT address this issue at hand.

Trevvy and sgboy and fridae has gone down memory lane... some lurking like pros in some backstreet,

And yet those who just suck bw dry, utilising its resources for free, for fuck... and not giving this prob a thought.

My prayers are with u...bw.

If u need financial help , just say it out. Theres no shyness within the family.

Im sure, the posters here all mean well, but all in their own way.

Blessed be,

Edited by FluteGuan

Guest Larrycapbarerbhwolfrxjames

There are so many touching stories and thread, written so well by this community. Even the transgender was baring the storm forking out wonderful debates, contributing essential advices for fellow going to be trans. Without bandits, how are the community going to find a platform.

2 hours ago, FluteGuan said:

Id rather see guests and registered pp voice out. Shows they care... in their own way.

Than some people who just continue to sing song, sell their old dirty linen, air their racism and rave about their saunas and stds...and be merry and totally NOT address this issue at hand.

Trevvy and sgboy and fridae has gone down memory lane... some lurking like pros in some backstreet,

And yet those who just suck bw dry, utilising its resources for free, for fuck... and not giving this prob a thought.

If u need financial help , just say it out. Theres no shyness within the family.

Blessed be,

Add Fluffboy to the list

Guest Handle with love
6 hours ago, FluteGuan said:

Blessed be,

I know right, those who create multiple accounts and self-like their own posts... wasting resources, overstretching the bandwidth of the server.

Sigh...

15 minutes ago, Guest Handle with love said:

I know right, those who create multiple accounts and self-like their own posts... wasting resources, overstretching the bandwidth of the server.

Sigh...

Lets handle with love, all who seek solace on bw. Lets not discriminate.

Sigh. 

Guest Guest

Let's just respect the decision of the mods about donation in kind from users here. 

They definitely have their reasons for not wanting donations.

As for guests and registered users part.. Yeah I agree not all guests are bad while not all registered users are good either. 

Guest 小肥猫
10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

As for guests and registered users part.. Yeah I agree not all guests are bad while not all registered users are good either. 

就是说吗,那个人一株杆打翻一船人太不负责任了,连小肥猫都要赶尽杀绝。

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Let's just respect the decision of the mods about donation in kind from users here. 

They definitely have their reasons for not wanting donations.

Where's the like button? 

• Guest locked this topic