Male HQ

Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe's Drug Case (compiled)

TwoChnBTMs

Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe denies selling narcotics to convicted drug abuser

Stuart Koe Chi Yeow, the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma, has been hauled to court to face six drug-related charges.Stuart Koe Chi Yeow, the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma, has been hauled to court to face six drug-related charges.ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM
Published
Dec 18, 2017, 2:31 pm SGT

SINGAPORE - Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe Chi Yeow told a court on Monday (Dec 18) that he had never sold narcotics to a convicted drug abuser who used to be his sex partner.

In September, Malaysian Yeoh Kim Koon testified that he had bought from Koe methamphetamine, which they referred to as "cream", and another substance known as G.

Taking the stand on the third day of his drug trafficking trial, Koe, 45, told District Judge Olivia Low that instead of narcotics, he had sold Yeoh some numbing cream which can be used to prepare the skin for tattooing and piercing.

He also said that G was what they used to refer to a hair growth scalp lotion known as Growell.

Koe, who started Fridae.com - a lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender news and social networking site - is also the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma. The firm manufactures both the skin numbing cream and Growell, the court heard.

However, when cross-examined by Deputy Public Prosecutor Wong Woon Kwong, Koe admitted that he knew the word "cream" could also be used to refer to methamphetamine.

He also knew that another drug, gamma hydroxybutyric acid, can be referred to as "GHB" or "G water".

Koe is on trial for one count of drug trafficking. He allegedly sold Yeoh, also known as Eric, one packet of crystalline substance containing 0.17g of Ice for $240 on Aug 25 last year. Koe is accused of committing the offence in his Spottiswoode Park Road home at around 7.30pm that day.

He has five other drug-related charges against him for offences that include methamphetamine consumption and possession.

They have been stood down and will be dealt with at a later date.

Yeoh, who worked as a Chanel beauty adviser, was arrested in his Compassvale Street flat at 7.20am on Sept 15 last year, and Koe was caught a week later.

The Malaysian pleaded guilty on May 31 this year to offences that include methamphetamine consumption and was later sentenced to 16 months' jail.

On Monday, Koe testified that the numbing cream is not available for sale in Singapore and the supplies that he had at home were samples for his personal use.

Despite this, he told the court that he had sold Yeoh some cream a few times at about $100 per gram.

For instance, Koe sold him 2g of an item referred to as "cream" on Aug 15 last year. When the prosecution asked why he did so, he replied: "I had no reason to say 'no' to $200."

DPP Wong also pointed out that Growell is sold in places such as pharmacies and 100ml of the product costs about $160. However, according to a text message Koe sent Yeoh, 100ml of an item referred to G costs $300.

When DPP Wong asked Koe why Yeoh wanted to buy the product at such an inflated price, Koe replied: "That is not for me to say."

The court heard that on Aug 25 last year, Yeoh bought from Koe 2g of cream and 50ml of G for a total of $390.

If convicted of drug trafficking, Koe can be jailed for between five and 20 years.

He can also receive between five and 15 strokes of the cane.

Sell to his sex partner? A md making such money?

And i wonder y the journalist use sex partner instead of lover or bf? 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Koe koe bird

Aiyoh.... maybe the cream had drugs mixed in...... that’s why so expensive. Can those drugs be absorbed through the scalp or skin on the body? If can then it could be that explanation.

PhD level businessman must be very cunning.

56 minutes ago, Guest Koe koe bird said:

PhD level businessman must be very cunning.

but then again from what i see in users, meth makes them very stupid and unstable so.

sometimes they can't even finish a sentence properly. 

so i am quite surprised SK can still stand trial with the pretense that G and Cream are not

what they are. risky game, and judge is waiting for him to slip up or get caught in the lie.

1 hour ago, fab said:

because his long term lover is another guy & Eric Yeoh is a f buddy.

no wonder his long term guy has disappeared from his sex tumblr and instagram.

must have gone into hiding or broken up. 

despite the drug use, they were hot together when playing.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

• 2 months later...

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/fridaecom-founder-stuart-koe-convicted-of-drug-trafficking?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10

Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe convicted of drug trafficking

SINGAPORE - A district court has convicted Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe Chi Yeow, 45, of one count of drug trafficking.

Following a trial, District Judge Olivia Low found him guilty on Tuesday (Feb 27) of selling one packet of a crystalline substance containing 0.17g of methamphetamine, or Ice, to beauty adviser Yeoh Kim Koon for $240.  

Koe committed the offence in his Spottiswoode Park Road home at around 7.30pm on Aug 25, 2016.

He has five other drug-related charges against him for offences including methamphetamine consumption and possession. They have been stood down and will be dealt with at a later date.

Yeoh, who is a convicted drug abuser and is also known as Eric, testified in court in September last year that he had bought drugs multiple times from Koe - the founder of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender news and social networking site.

The Malaysian told Judge Low that Koe had sold him methamphetamine, or Ice, which they referred to as "cream", priced at either $100 per gram or $120 for the same amount.

....................  // .........................

Koe has been offered bail of $45,000 and will be back in court on March 14 for his mitigation and sentencing.

Offenders convicted of drug trafficking can be jailed for between five and 20 years. They can also receive between five and 15 strokes of the cane.

Guest Iceicebaby

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/fridaecom-founder-stuart-koe-convicted-of-drug-trafficking

SINGAPORE - A district court has convicted Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe Chi Yeow, 45, of one count of drug trafficking.

Following a trial, District Judge Olivia Low found him guilty on Tuesday (Feb 27) of selling one packet of a crystalline substance containing 0.17g of methamphetamine, or Ice, to beauty adviser Yeoh Kim Koon for $240.  

Koe committed the offence in his Spottiswoode Park Road home at around 7.30pm on Aug 25, 2016.

He has five other drug-related charges against him for offences including methamphetamine consumption and possession. They have been stood down and will be dealt with at a later date.

Yeoh, who is a convicted drug abuser and is also known as Eric, testified in court in September last year that he had bought drugs multiple times from Koe - the founder of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender news and social networking site.

The Malaysian told Judge Low that Koe had sold him methamphetamine, or Ice, which they referred to as "cream", priced at either $100 per gram or $120 for the same amount.

He added that Koe had also sold him another substance referred to as "G", which cost $300 for 100ml. The court heard that he was Koe's sex partner from July to August 2016.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Wong Woon Kwong told the court last year that Yeoh was arrested in his Sengkang flat at 7.20am on Sept 15, 2016. Koe was arrested a week later.

Yeoh pleaded guilty to offences including methamphetamine consumption and possession on May 31 last year. He was later sentenced to 16 months in jail.

Taking the stand in December last year, Koe, who is also the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma, denied selling illegal drugs to Yeoh.

He testified that instead of narcotics, he had sold the Malaysian some numbing cream which can be used to prepare the skin for tattooing and piercing.

Koe also said that G was how they referred to a hair-growth scalp lotion known as Growell. His firm manufactures both the skin-numbing cream and Growell, the court heard.

But when cross-examined by DPP Wong, Koe admitted that he knew the word "cream" could also be used to refer to methamphetamine.

Koe also said he knew that another drug, gamma hydroxybutyric acid, could be referred to as "GHB" or "G water".

Koe has been offered bail of $45,000 and will be back in court on March 14 for his mitigation and sentencing.

Offenders convicted of drug trafficking can be jailed for between five and 20 years. They can also receive between five and 15 strokes of the cane.

If jailed, he can have gay parties daily in the cell......I think he will become their play doll loh......last time he organise or participate in theme parties or role play, now he gets the real deal

Guest Guest

Inmates don't know will like stale meat or not....sigh....  Wonder if he can take jail terms? He has been living a comfortablelife all this while....

Guest Cream
On 2017/12/20 at 7:55 AM, fab said:

Sell to his sex partner? A md making such money?

He is not an MD lah, not everyone with that prefix are MDs. He is "doctor" because of phd in pharmacy...

Managing director.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

• 2 weeks later...

He might be enjoying the wacking and cell block sex. Fantasy cum true!

Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe sentenced to jail for 5 years and 9 months, caning for drug trafficking

SINGAPORE - Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe Chi Yeow was sentenced to jail for five years and nine months, with five strokes of the cane, on Wednesday (March 14) for selling methamphetamine – also known as Ice – to a drug abuser.

Following a trial, District Judge Olivia Low found him guilty on Feb 27 of one count of drug trafficking.

Koe, 45, who is also the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma, had sold one packet of a crystalline substance containing 0.17g of Ice for $240 to beauty adviser Yeoh Kim Koon.

Koe committed the offence in his Spottiswoode Park Road home at around 7.30pm on Aug 25, 2016.

On Wednesday, Deputy Public Prosecutor Wong Woon Kwong urged the court to jail Koe for five years and nine months with five strokes of the cane, stressing that he had shown a lack of remorse.

DPP Wong also said that Koe cannot be treated as a first-time offender as he had repeatedly sold drugs to Yeoh.

Koe’s lawyer Sunil Sudheesan, however, asked for his client to be given the mandatory minimum sentence of five years’ jail with five strokes of the cane.

He said that there was no indication that Koe had committed the offence for a profit and that the amount of drugs involved was extremely small.

The Malaysian told Judge Low that Koe had sold him methamphetamine, which they referred to as "cream", priced at either $100 or $120 per gram.

He added that Koe also sold him another substance, referred to as "G", which cost $300 for 100ml. The court heard that he was Koe's sex partner from July to August 2016.

DPP Wong told the court last year that Yeoh was arrested in his Sengkang flat at 7.20am on Sept 15, 2016. Koe was arrested a week later.

Yeoh pleaded guilty to offences that included methamphetamine consumption and possession on May 31 last year. He was later sentenced to 16 months' jail.

The court heard on Wednesday that Koe will be appealing against his conviction and sentence. He was offered bail of $45,000, pending this appeal.

He has five other drug-related charges against him for offences such as methamphetamine consumption and possession. The pre-trial conference for these cases will be held on March 22. The bail offered for these cases was an additional $15,000.

Offenders convicted of trafficking Ice can be jailed for between five and 20 years. They can also receive between five and 15 strokes of the cane.

According to the Central Narcotics Bureau website, offenders convicted of trafficking more than 250g of the drug may face the death penalty.

Guest Girl Girl with Big Cock

Will he jump bail?

Jail and cane...I think he cannot tahan...luxurious life so lonely you want him to be jail bird....this time Dua Diao

Guest broken handle

Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe sentenced to jail for 5 years and 9 months, caning for drug trafficking

wl_stuartfridae_140318.jpg?itok=jSfNQ_65

MAR 14, 2018, 3:08 PM SGT

SINGAPORE - Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe Chi Yeow was sentenced to jail for five years and nine months, with five strokes of the cane, on Wednesday (March 14) for selling methamphetamine – also known as Ice – to a drug abuser.

Following a trial, District Judge Olivia Low found him guilty on Feb 27 of one count of drug trafficking.

Koe, 45, who is also the managing director of local pharmaceutical firm ICM Pharma, had sold one packet of a crystalline substance containing 0.17g of Ice for $240 to beauty adviser Yeoh Kim Koon.

Koe committed the offence in his Spottiswoode Park Road home at around 7.30pm on Aug 25, 2016.

On Wednesday, Deputy Public Prosecutor Wong Woon Kwong urged the court to jail Koe for five years and nine months with five strokes of the cane, stressing that he had shown a lack of remorse.

DPP Wong also said that Koe cannot be treated as a first-time offender as he had repeatedly sold drugs to Yeoh.

Koe’s lawyer Sunil Sudheesan, however, asked for his client to be given the mandatory minimum sentence of five years’ jail with five strokes of the cane.

He said that there was no indication that Koe had committed the offence for a profit and that the amount of drugs involved was extremely small.

The Malaysian told Judge Low that Koe had sold him methamphetamine, which they referred to as "cream", priced at either $100 or $120 per gram.

He added that Koe also sold him another substance, referred to as "G", which cost $300 for 100ml. The court heard that he was Koe's sex partner from July to August 2016.

DPP Wong told the court last year that Yeoh was arrested in his Sengkang flat at 7.20am on Sept 15, 2016. Koe was arrested a week later.

Yeoh pleaded guilty to offences that included methamphetamine consumption and possession on May 31 last year. He was later sentenced to 16 months' jail.

The court heard on Wednesday that Koe will be appealing against his conviction and sentence. He was offered bail of $45,000, pending this appeal.

He has five other drug-related charges against him for offences such as methamphetamine consumption and possession. The pre-trial conference for these cases will be held on March 22. The bail offered for these cases was an additional $15,000.

Offenders convicted of trafficking Ice can be jailed for between five and 20 years. They can also receive between five and 15 strokes of the cane.

According to the Central Narcotics Bureau website, offenders convicted of trafficking more than 250g of the drug may face the death penalty.

Guest used to be his fan

was reading the article when my friend posted it... i don't mean to be rude but i suddenly had a small thought that he might maybe enjoy his time inside? like since he is into sm, and theres gonna be guys who would want to fuck him or be fucked. and when he comes out from jail, imagine all the other guys who want to sleep with him... lol

i might be condemmed by saying this but just thought of it as a little thought. still have a bit of pity cuz jail time is not good and caning. 

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest used to be his fan said:

was reading the article when my friend posted it... i don't mean to be rude but i suddenly had a small thought that he might maybe enjoy his time inside? like since he is into sm, and theres gonna be guys who would want to fuck him or be fucked. and when he comes out from jail, imagine all the other guys who want to sleep with him... lol

i might be condemmed by saying this but just thought of it as a little thought. still have a bit of pity cuz jail time is not good and caning. 

I agree......he can kum lan jiao all he wants.  but he is not delicious leh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQobtcBrrha6n9hJDBayK0

I wonder will there be special arrangement (not privilege) meted for him dued to his orientation?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest not hiding
1 hour ago, fab said:

I wonder will there be special arrangement (not privilege) meted for him dued to his orientation?

sure, he will be asked to pick up the soap from the floor at shower room....

Guest Childhood dreams

I'm afraid they might have to install a harness and swing inside his vip cell for his entertainment, or his royal highness won't be pleased? :o

1 hour ago, fab said:

Most probably in the single cell block / level, and bathe alone in the communal shower before or after the rest has bathed.

Stuart Koe has contributed immensely to the LGBT community in Singapore:
http://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.wikia.com/wiki/Stuart_Koe

Stuart Koe is a Singaporean scientist and entrepreneur with a doctorate in pharmacy (1995) from the University of Minnesota, USA. In 2000, he set up Fridae, Asia's largest LGBT web portal. After leaving Fridae in 2013, he became managing director of ICM Pharma.

Early life

Stuart Koe Chi Yeow was born on 6 September 1972 to a small family in Singapore and had a sister two years younger than himself. He recalled that the 1970′s were a blur to him. His first memory was when he was less than a year old. He remembered vividly being in his cot, with a black-and-white TV at the foot of the bed playing Westerns which he presumed to be some John Wayne spaghetti western.

"I have many mixed memories from my childhood…some pleasant, and some not so. But we’ll spare you the details. Both grandfathers passed away sometime before I hit 8. I hope this isn’t a sign of things to come. Hypertension and hypercholesterolaemia kinda run in both arms of the family, and I’m not taking my chances. Hence my “no mammal” policy. Sashimi, mushrooms and tofu have hence become my favorite foods (I know many find this quite distasteful, but they ain’t no friends of mine)…

I went to a snotty grade school (around these parts, we call them “Primary” schools) called Nanyang Primary School. I learnt later in life that this was where lots of snotty Chinese parents who ran large Singapore corporations or came from large snotty rich families sent their kids. Senior Minister Lee Kuan Yew was an alum here. I kind of wonder sometimes what he was like as a kid. Anyway…he is a major benefactor of the school. I spent most of grades 1 through 6 playing with all the girls. Some were butch in a big way…even before they were 12. They were the ones who made the boys cry. Serious. I’d put their names here, but they would probably hunt me down and beat me up. They are all college grads now and many are lawyers…so they’d more probably sue me for my Madonna collection (ie all my assets).

Somehow, I survived those cruel (but fun) years. Co-ed’s definitely the way to go when you start out life in school. Girls are so much more fun to play with. They are definitely more creative (and cruel). And when they hit puberty (which is way before the boys), then the real fun begins. The boys were mostly timid, wimpish, and general bores.

From 1985 to 1988, I attended Raffles Institution. This was probably the epitome of snot. It was almost clinging to the walls. But not in the same way that Nanyang was. You basically had to graduate from grade school in the top 1% or 2% of the country in order to make it into RI. The boys in there thought they were god’s gift (well, maybe one or two were…but certainly not ALL of them). Rafflesians as a bunch are insufferable. But I shouldn’t speak so poorly of my alma mater. I happen to like the time I spent there…I do strongly suggest the new principal look into starting a mandatory class on humility though.

My RI days were when I awoke to my gaiety. Yep…I was one happy person. And there were lots of happy people around me (courtesy of being in a boys school, when puberty hit us….you could almost scoop it up with a shovel). Fortunately, there was almost no stigma attached to being gay. We were basically allowed to have crushes on one another (I quite infamously went public with my 2 “loves”…going so far as to sing “Crazy For You” at a school talent competition and dedicating the performance to this sweety one year my senior. I didn’t win for singing, though I certainly should have for spectacle. I never sang again…the shame was too great), many of my friends had their first experiences with drag at our annual “Drama Fest” with our teachers quite gladly applying the Revlon to those faces which were starting to sprout their first signs of downy mustache.

Those certainly were the days. We worked really hard, but we played hard as well. I was a prima donna competitive swimmer for a year (refusing to train with the team…I had my OWN coach after all…so there!), won lots of medals, and then decided to quit swimming after a year because I wanted to act! Well, that lasted a year, because I was then playing synths in a band my friends and I had formed. I thought I was cool then…boy was I ever mistaken. But we are all allowed our little fantasies. Basically, even at that age, I was a little prick. I did what I wanted, when I wanted, and no one could do anything about it. At least I did it really well, and had a ball.

Soon after my ‘O’ level exams, I was off to America!"

Overseas study

"I first attended college in Philadelphia, and to cut a long story short, I soon learnt how to grow eyes on the back of my head, and had a crash course on inner-city survival. Philadelphia may be the “City of Brotherly Love”, but they were probably talking about GANGSTA/HOMEBOY type of “brotherly love”. It was definitely culture shock for me, and I quickly decided that I didn’t want to spend the next 6 years fearing for my life, so I quickly bailed out and transferred to the University of Minnesota.

Brilliant. From one of the most dangerous places, to one of the coldest! It appeared I really knew how to pick hospitable places to live in.

But seriously, Minneapolis/St Paul is one of the nicest cities I’ve lived in. The winters may be brutal (with the windchill, it has ever gotten to 80-below, and crazy college kids compete to see who would be the first out in shorts on the first day it hits 0 degrees Celcius after a long cold winter), and LONG (you can bet on snow from November to April), but the spring and summer and fall are absolutely beautiful, the park system fantastic, and the people simply…well….nice!

Here, I met several people whom I spent a good deal of my life and aspirations with. They were, and still are very special people to me. Steve, Beth, Rob, Kjersten, Khanh, Christine. Brilliant, beautiful, and absolutely humble and centered. I am truly blessed to have been touched by them during the course of my stay.

My university career was like a rollercoaster of events. I ran for numerous offices, won some, made lots of alliances, lots of enemies who hated my guts, and ultimately, made a nuisance of myself on all levels. But I was definitely not your prototypical “international student” who only sat in the first three rows and busted the curve. I never went to class…and STILL busted the curve. Ha! I don’t think they knew what to think of me. I even went for my Board licensure exams with blond hair, a 3-piece Donna Karan suit….and that was while I was student govt president!

My coursework took me to as diverse places as the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, to San Francisco for 5 weeks working with the immensely talented team at the San Francisco General Hospital, to China for a month to study Qigong and Traditional Chinese Medicine. It was an incredible learning experience, and I was hungry for it. The people I met, the things I did…I just don’t think it would have been the same had I stayed in Singapore."

Koe credited the University of Minnesota's College of Pharmacy Dean Emeritus Larry Weaver as a major influence in his early development as a leader. Weaver constantly challenged Koe to not accept the status quo and to always find elegant yet creative solutions to seemingly intractable problems. Weaver was an inspiration for being humble and humane, no matter what Koe was doing.

To encourage his interests, Koe said his professors at the college supported his requests for unusual internships beyond Minnesota, including a rotation in Beijing at a traditional Chinese medicine academy. His professors gave him that room to do what he felt was necessary for his education. They taught him the rules were there, but sometimes the rules were written by people who did not see all the possibilities. They taught Koe to always try new things.

During his tenure at the College of Pharmacy, Koe served as president of the College Board, working closely with mentor and associate professor Bruce Benson, and was president of the Rho Chi Honor Society. He was also a regional delegate to APhA-ASP and campaigned at a national level for leadership of the student organization.

Koe also remembered fondly his time as a pharmacy representative at the Center for Health Interprofessional Programs (CHIP), where he enjoyed the interactions with students from the other allied health sciences, making some of the longest and deepest relationships from his years at the college.

Return to Singapore

In 1995, Koe, who is openly gay, voluntarily returned to Singapore after living and studying overseas for almost ten years, despite the knowledge that it would be to a possibly hostile environment for LGBT people. Upon his return, he worked in the life-sciences division of the Economic Development Board (EDB). During this period, he also devoted his energy towards mainstream charity work.

"I made a decision to return upon graduation. I was then in a very significant relationship with a very special man…and it had already been 2 years at that point in time. It was heartbreaking to leave…we tried to make it work, but deep down inside, probably knew that the obstacles would be significant. Still, I felt that it was important not to lose my Singapore citizenship, that I owed that much to my parents who had financed my education…and in retrospect, it still is the best choice.

So I embarked on the next phase of my journey. National Service in Singapore is for 2.5 years. Every able-bodied (and some not so able bodied) male is obligated to be in servitude for that period of time…usually right after the equivalent of high-school at 18 years of age. I managed to defer it until I finished college…so I was significantly older than all these boys at 23 years. I lucked out, and spent most of my NS as a research assistant at the Defence Medical Research Institute. I didn’t even have to wear a uniform (I know, all those butch military fantasies dashed), had my own cubicle office, and called my own hours, worked on some interesting projects, and went home at 5pm everyday. This was unheard of by most of my friends. I tell you, I must have been a saint in my last life.

Socially, my life during this period shot through the roof. I clubbed 4 times a week, threw brilliant parties, and could be found anywhere from TV to magazines, newspapers and radio (for what, I still don’t know). I guess when you don’t really HAVE to work, you just put all that extra energy into partying. I think I’ve gotten it out of my system now…but at the time, it’s all I ever did.

It all culminated in my hosting a series of parties at Zouk, the premier club in Singapore…on Sundays, catering to a largely male audience, which really just started redefining the meaning of PARTY in Singapore. We had some really classic flyers, memorable shows, and costumes! It was my effort to bring some world-class partying home, but the crowd didn’t bite…maybe Singaporean’s are still too conservative. In anycase, JUICY is still a small part of club history in Singapore.

I finally completed my National Service obligations on May 17, 1998. It was an anticlimax…but still, the liberation was nice. I was on a job hunt that I started in February, and was still coming up with nothing. I managed to land an important interview in London (I’m exercising a little revisionist history writing here), so I jumped at the opportunity, packed my bags, scraped up every last cent I had, and with only 3 days to say goodbye to my friends, I hopped on the first available flight to London, knowing that I would try my utmost not to come back to Singapore. As with many impulsive decisions like that, of course a man had something to do with it, but more about that later…probably in one of my journal entries.

In the subsequent 6 months (yes, somehow, I managed to stay for 1/2 a year!), I was STILL unable to get a job, getting increasingly frustrated, but enjoying London tremendously nevertheless. I made 2 wonderful friends, Chris and Chowee, clubbed non-stop (Trade and Heaven!), worked out at the gym (Soho Athletic Club, along with the only other day-members – students and prostittutes), entertained a steady stream of visiting friends, hung out with Melissa, and broke up with the guy I came to London to be with. At that point, my life was absolutely shattered. Nothing seemed to be going right. My self-esteem was at its nadir…I had never encountered so much negativity in my life, and I was lost.

Thankfully, 2 other friends came to my resuce. John, in San Francisco whom I’ve never met, and Ivan, in Hong Kong whom I’ve only met once. They were the ones I communicated with, several times a day, wrote to, talked to. And finally, I decided that the only thing that made sense was to return to Singapore yet again.

This was the first time I ever considered Singapore a refuge. Quite a turning point in my life. I quickly found a temp job as a pharmacist, in the mean time putting the rest of my life back in order. Ambrose and I started really hanging out together, and we started planning a trip to the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras in February of 1999. My job hunt continued, and slowly…everything started falling into place."

Setting up Fridae

Koe embarked on a radical career change when, in 2001, he founded and became the CEO of fridae.com which grew to become Asia's largest English-language LGBT web portal. By 2010, the website had garnered half a million members across Asia.

"Breaking rules left, right and center”, according to Koe, he dovetailed three related interests into a unique sustainable media business, social networking enterprise and public health resource:

• As a media company, Fridae reported on gay news from the region that mainstream media would not touch, serving as one of the few independent voices for the community.
  • As a social networking site, Fridae continued to break into new markets and in 2010 was ranked the top gay site in China, Hong Kong and Singapore.
  • Fridae also had a strong public health component. Koe became actively involved in programs in the region sponsored by the World Health Organization and United Nations development agencies, and Fridae received funding from the United States Agency for International Development for projects related to HIV.

Concomitantly with managing Fridae, Koe served on the Board of Directors of AIDS Concern in Hong Kong, as well as acted as a trustee of the Action for AIDS Endowment Fund in Singapore, both the largest HIV NGOs in their respective countries. In August 2009, he was nominated to lead the formation of a new regional network for HIV amongst gay and transgender populations in Southeast Asia.

Koe said balancing multiple leadership roles could pose a challenge, and wearing the hats for so many groups can presented conflicts in honouring the needs of each group he represented, as well as his own business goals. Koe’s leadership roles took him out of direct pharmacy practice. Although he missed the patient contact, he found his positions allowed him the opportunity to do what he also liked best about pharmacy - helping people on a personal level.

Organising parliamentary petition to repeal Section 377A

HwangTanKoe377A001

Organisers of the parliamentary petition to repeal Section 377A - George Hwang, Tan Joo Hymn and Dr Stuart Koe.

In the second weekend of October 2007, a parliamentary petition to repeal Section 377A of the Penal Code was jointly organised by Koe, human rights lawyer George Hwang and housewife Tan Joo Hymn [1]. It was revealed during a press conference that it had garnered 2,519 signatures from Singaporeans and Singapore residents [2].

Parliamentary petition to repeal Section 377A during Penal Code review in 2007

Parliamentary petition to repeal Section 377A during Penal Code review in 2007

Philanthropy

As CEO of Fridae, Koe contributed greatly in cash and kind to events organised by the LGBT community and became the latter's most socially responsible patron. He also performed research and wrote academic papers on the epidemiology of HIV infection amongst gay men in Singapore.

In 2009, Koe kindly agreed to his company being Pink Dot SG's first corporate sponsor, providing technology (website), creative, marketing and logistics support, the use of the Fridae office at Kallang Bahru Industrial Estate for meetings, and at least $2,000 to get the inaugural event off the ground.

Living with his partner

In 2008, when he turned 35, he had been living together with his partner, Jim, whom he met in 2000 and who was a year older than himself, in a HDB flat in Holland Village since 2003.

Leaving Fridae

After leaving Fridae in 2013, Koe worked as the head of corporate development at ICU Pharma, a pharmaceutical company founded by his father, Koe Khoon Poh[3] (1943-2014)[4]:

ICM Pharma on Channel News Asia (CNA) Business Singapore

ICM Pharma on Channel News Asia (CNA) Business Singapore

He later became Managing Director of ICM Pharma Pte Ltd and served as Chairman of the Singapore Manufacturing Federation's (SMF) Youth Network Function Committee[5]. Other Positions held on behalf of SMF were:

• Director, GS1 Singapore Ltd
  • Director, SME Centre@SMF Pte Ltd
  • Chairman, SMF Life Sciences IG
Edited by groyn88

What a waste for an intelligent and enterprising fellow.

Hope he accepts that "crime does not pay" here in Singapore.

Jump bail...I don't think that is a good idea if one looks at what happened to that Chew from City Harvest saga.

Hidden skeleton

Well to be honest, like most of the human race, I do have a darker side that rarely sees the light of the day. There is always this stinking BAD habit that pops out every once in a while.  I did the unmentionables but I am mindful that it will get back to me one day.  No, my activities are infantile to Stuart's experience.  

Lesson for all

It is rather sad that life plummeted for him and this episode sends a clear message that chem-sex is dangerous.  By all means have all the SAFE sex you can have but be prudent that no "external stimulant" is involved.  不要一失足成千古恨。。以前的风光, 都随流水消失。。做人/做事要三思而后行。。。

Guest Never do drugs ever ever o
2 hours ago, abang said:

What a waste for an intelligent and enterprising fellow.

Hope he accepts that "crime does not pay" here in Singapore.

Jump bail...I don't think that is a good idea if one looks at what happened to that Chew from City Harvest saga.

Hidden skeleton

Well to be honest, like most of the human race, I do have a darker side that rarely sees the light of the day. There is always this stinking BAD habit that pops out every once in a while.  I did the unmentionables but I am mindful that it will get back to me one day.  No, my activities are infantile to Stuart's experience.  

Lesson for all

It is rather sad that life plummeted for him and this episode sends a clear message that chem-sex is dangerous.  By all means have all the SAFE sex you can have but be prudent that no "external stimulant" is involved.  不要一失足成千古恨。。以前的风光, 都随流水消失。。做人/做事要三思而后行。。。

Can we say he is   败家子。?!。

well at least he waited until his dear old dad died, buried and R.I.P . first before he really let loose , and swing from tree to tree and swing from leather harness to leather harness and then public webcam sex to be distributed on the net widely.

He probably felt since he owned the giant ICM pharmaceuticals he can jolly well do what he likes.

Money was flowing in like a waterfall, seemingly unendless sparkling pure stream of heaven sent water. 

He inherited thev company being the only scion with a meat pipe between his legs , chinese parents thinking huat liow got baby with  a little mear worm between the legs, git hope got future, sekarli become ass bandit and male pipe cleaner and aeroplane head polisher.

So much for widely touted forever partner with ABRA Li from hongkong. Often pictured as happy smiling couple but probably drugs involved wrecked the partnership.

Lesson to be learnt here . Never ever, ever, ever touch drugs. Dont even try once. 

It will spiral out of control.

Think about his poor mum is she is still alive to see all his downfalll.

Indonesia kata habis , mampus , akhir sekali.

我老了。。总觉得做人应该厚道一点。。

不管人家有何缺点, 我们都不应该落井下石。

人嘛,谁无过错呢?

只要知错能改, 善莫大焉。。

记得要集/积德。。

Allow Stuart to change for the better.  

He may had a past but give him a chance to repent and recover.

Edited by abang
中文字

Guest Braitney
12 hours ago, Guest Childhood dreams said:

I'm afraid they might have to install a harness and swing inside his vip cell for his entertainment, or his royal highness won't be pleased? :o

Like these?

www.themightychallenge.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/cool-summer-quoted-birdcage-rustic-large-hire-society-summer-quoted.jpg

www.off-on.co/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/tall-bird-cage-bc08tall-black-birdcage-small-991x1533.jpg

www.culture24.org.uk/asset_arena/8/89/28/382988/v0_master.jpg

Guest Gay of Thrones
5 hours ago, abang said:

Hidden skeleton

You plotted the downfalls of numerous fellow SPGs?

Guest Love not Hate

Can sense the vicious bitchy hate for poor Koe from some of the comments. 

Did he disappoint / reject some expectations to become PLU A Lister?  

Guest pink pussy
31 minutes ago, abang said:

我老了。。总觉得做人应该厚道一点。。

不管人家有何缺点, 我们都不应该落井下石。

人嘛,谁无过错呢?

31 minutes ago, abang said:

只要知错能改, 善莫大焉。。

Deputy Public Prosecutor told the judge the defendent showed lack of remorse.

Does it mean that he yaya papaya during the investigation , when questioned by investigating officer , was defensive and ai mai , ai mai.??

So DPP came to the conclusion . that showed lack of remorse.

It is not in his favor to have the DPP said he lacked remorse , it means the judge will take that into account when sentencing, so it means less mitigating factors.

Guest High school frower
8 minutes ago, Guest Love not Hate said:

Can sense the vicious bitchy hate for poor Koe from some of the comments. 

Did he disappoint / reject some expectations to become PLU A Lister?  

He probably aimed at many on his hate/hit list before.

• G_M changed the title to Fridae.com founder Stuart Koe's Drug Case (compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic