Male HQ

beautiful memories of childhood

Guest kian wee iec97

Guest kian wee iec97

i deeply believe that some of us growing up with a chance of learning music, esp piano.

going through abrsm's grades, remembering each scale with correct fingering, attempting 'challenging' sight playing, or even struggling to make the running semiquaver passages sound even and well-shaped. all are just beautiful memories.

or some will go to the group class in plaza singapura. playing together with classmates and having concerts together.

isn't it beautiful? 

My folks forced the violin on me. I certainly didn't like it (no kid wants to commit to a minimum of an hour's practice everyday on top of homework and tuition), but now I'm thankful for the musical training they imposed on me - can impress guys hahaha.

I wouldn't call memories of that beautiful. Fond, perhaps, but certainly not beautiful as the practices were a chore to me. It just harked back to a much simpler and carefree time.

Guest Slut Boy

Most beautiful memories are of going to Swimming pools and seeing hot and naked men in various states of undress. Specially thrilling to see them undress and shower. Heart stopping moment when the whip off their underwear / Swimming trunks / towels to reveal their bikini tans - dickies and some even hardening!

36 minutes ago, Guest Slut Boy said:

Most beautiful memories are of going to Swimming pools and seeing hot and naked men in various states of undress. Specially thrilling to see them undress and shower. Heart stopping moment when the whip off their underwear / Swimming trunks / towels to reveal their bikini tans - dickies and some even hardening!

haha the difference between the first 2 posts and this

Guest Flying like a Kite

So many sweet memories but do not know which one to choose.  I think it boils down to the fact that Singapore has so many nice people during those days with population of less than 2.5mil and trust was written on every wall and every face of the society which makes childhood safe and enjoyable.  I particularly like every festive seasons throughout the year because there were so many goodies to eat and freebies to bring home.  I have so many pets to keep me company like Rabbit, hamster, tortoise, fishes, tapole, birds, chicken, fighting spider, head-tapping beetle and I have a huge fluffy tear bear, about my size, which I love to hug, box, squeeze, bite and toss around at home for many years until I grew up and so much more which can be written into book like Enid Mary Blyton.

Now...I don't really like Singapore anymore.  No more my home.

Guest 72%dark

For the first few years of my life, my family lived in a little house (rented) that was tucked away in a quiet neighborhood – not a kampung per se, but it felt rural and bucolic somehow. There wasn’t a proper tarmac road leading in, just a gravel-covered dirt track. As a young kid, the highlight of my day was when the ‘provision shop’ uncle trundled down our lane in his white Mazda van. He would open up the hatch behind and reveal a dazzling array of sundries and snacks – packets of Twisties hanging on one side (those were a personal favorite) and so on – a mamak shop on wheels basically. Then, after my mum bought her provisions and humored me with some sweets or snacks, it was back to the house, where I had a sandbox to play in, or I would watch the afternoon Channel 8 serial on TV.

Singapore back then felt much less crowded, there was more breathing space. Nowadays when I visit the neighborhoods that I grew up in, I feel a sense of loss because very little that is recognizable remains. In the name of progress, old buildings have been torn down and the new ones that replace it are usually built to maximize the plot area and height allowance, leading to claustrophobic and (to me) impersonal spaces. Traffic clogs narrow and once-quiet streets. And the demographics have skewed upwards; where once lived middle-class families are now playgrounds of the nouveau riche.

I remember when the buses weren’t air-conditioned. You’d slide open the windows to let the breeze in, and the windows would rattle in their grooves as the bus moved along. The bus conductor would punch your ticket. You’d drowse a little in the afternoon heat, look out the window at the passing scene (rather than glue your eyes to a mobile phone screen).

Guest Tikum
1 hour ago, 72%dark said:

. As a young kid, the highlight of my day was when the ‘provision shop’ uncle trundled down our lane in his white Mazda van. He would open up the hatch behind and reveal a dazzling array of sundries and snacks – packets of Twisties hanging on one side (those were a personal favorite) and so on

I can imagine a bunch of children (with oversized shirts or shorts) waiting patiently behind the van for it to open.  Children in those days were very obedient and tame unlike now, so loud and rude like the whole world owe them a living.

10 hours ago, Guest kian wee iec97 said:

i deeply believe that some of us growing up with a chance of learning music, esp piano.

going through abrsm's grades, remembering each scale with correct fingering, attempting 'challenging' sight playing, or even struggling to make the running semiquaver passages sound even and well-shaped. all are just beautiful memories.

or some will go to the group class in plaza singapura. playing together with classmates and having concerts together.

isn't it beautiful? 

Wah! You lucky sia! I never had that.  

Somemore father made life very hard for us. But on the bright side, mother tried her best to give me a good childhood, even though she was not rich.

I remember in Pri 5, my father was giving her a lot of hell, but because it was near my birthday, I kept pestering my mum to buy me the Monopoly Singapore edition that had just hit the stores. (This was many years before the internet so board games were a large part of how we kids passed time.)

I didn't think about what she was going through with my dad. But she never said anything 

In the end, she bought it for me, even though it was costly for her, and of course, my father never offered to pay her back despite often boasting to her that he made more money than her. (I know, right? What a jerk.) In fact, he likely didn't even know that my mum had bought it for me because he was so un-involved in our lives while having his fun outside.

When I think back now, I still feel very bad about pestering my mum to buy me the Monopoly set back then. I think she has forgotten already though. But when I think about it today, I still get a tightening in my stomach.

Monopoly+Singapore+Edition+Set.jpg

22 minutes ago, CKW said:

Somemore father made life very hard for us. But on the bright side, mother tried her best to give me a good childhood, even though she was not rich.

I remember in Pri 5, my father was giving her a lot of hell, but because it was near my birthday, I kept pestering my mum to buy me the Monopoly Singapore edition that had just hit the stores. (This was many years before the internet so board games were a large part of how we kids passed time.)

I didn't think about what she was going through with my dad. But she never said anything 

In the end, she bought it for me, even though it was costly for her, and of course, my father never offered to pay her back despite often boasting to her that he made more money than her. (I know, right? What a jerk.) In fact, he likely didn't even know that my mum had bought it for me because he was so un-involved in our lives while having his fun outside.

When I think back now, I still feel very bad about pestering my mum to buy me the Monopoly set back then. I think she has forgotten already though. But when I think about it today, I still get a tightening in my stomach.

you can repay her back now by buying her real property ;) btw very nice profile pic

My parents forced me to learn Piano too from 5-6yo. Piano class was so boring. The one same classical music can practise over and over again for 6-10 classes. But now i think it was good to master piano from younger age. Hand / fingers can move faster.

Guest Andrew
5 hours ago, CKW said:

I made my own monopoly game using the manila card board and drew the boxes and made the fake bank notes.

Had fun with neighbours . Cannot afford the real thing so made one out . Lost interest in monopoly when newer games came along.

On 21/03/2018 at 2:31 PM, 72%dark said:

For the first few years of my life, my family lived in a little house (rented) that was tucked away in a quiet neighborhood – not a kampung per se, but it felt rural and bucolic somehow. There wasn’t a proper tarmac road leading in, just a gravel-covered dirt track. As a young kid, the highlight of my day was when the ‘provision shop’ uncle trundled down our lane in his white Mazda van. He would open up the hatch behind and reveal a dazzling array of sundries and snacks – packets of Twisties hanging on one side (those were a personal favorite) and so on – a mamak shop on wheels basically. Then, after my mum bought her provisions and humored me with some sweets or snacks, it was back to the house, where I had a sandbox to play in, or I would watch the afternoon Channel 8 serial on TV.

Singapore back then felt much less crowded, there was more breathing space. Nowadays when I visit the neighborhoods that I grew up in, I feel a sense of loss because very little that is recognizable remains. In the name of progress, old buildings have been torn down and the new ones that replace it are usually built to maximize the plot area and height allowance, leading to claustrophobic and (to me) impersonal spaces. Traffic clogs narrow and once-quiet streets. And the demographics have skewed upwards; where once lived middle-class families are now playgrounds of the nouveau riche.

I remember when the buses weren’t air-conditioned. You’d slide open the windows to let the breeze in, and the windows would rattle in their grooves as the bus moved along. The bus conductor would punch your ticket. You’d drowse a little in the afternoon heat, look out the window at the passing scene (rather than glue your eyes to a mobile phone screen).

I remember exactly what you mean regarding the public buses. When it switched from the paper fare machine to the contactless way of payment I was excited to try it out and it felt cool tapping my card on the card reader before being able to proceed. It was quick and convenient but nothing quite replaces the paper tickets and having friends fold them into hearts. 

A licensed gay realtor

when i was living in the little kampung in Johor up to about 9 years old, i often looked forward to the friday night pasar malam which was held in the kampung square which held the morning wet market.  At night it becomes a makan square with stall-holders proffering their goods in make-shift table tops.  Some even place their goods on canvas cloth on the road and we had to squat to choose our purchases.  Then at one corner there were usually some game stalls (very simple ones, nothing lavish) including the tikam-tikam stall (my brother's fave).  My fave stalls were the ones selling hot food - the dessert stall in particular that sold red bean soup, cheng thng, sweet potato soup, bubur hitam, bubur terigu etc.  They charged 5 cents a bowl. And then there was the stall that sold nyonya kuih and curry puffs.  Friday nights the entire family went to the pasar malam and that was the only night we stayed up late and got home past 9pm.  For me, even in those day, it was TGIF for me.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Concern

Ya! My school days childhood time was so ah Beng! Everyday after school few blocks will be occupied for one by one! So many show and sometimes got to walk till further blocks away if that block was occupied!

12 hours ago, sayfirst said:

I remember exactly what you mean regarding the public buses. When it switched from the paper fare machine to the contactless way of payment I was excited to try it out and it felt cool tapping my card on the card reader before being able to proceed. It was quick and convenient but nothing quite replaces the paper tickets and having friends fold them into hearts. 

I grew up in the 80s, so I remember all the non-air-con buses too! I remember how whenever it rained, everyone would scramble to close all the bus windows! For Trans Island buses, you also had to close the top windows, or the rainwater would come in via the roof of the bus! Usually, some tall and strong guy would do it as the top windows are pretty hard to close. Then the bus would feel so warm, stuffy and humid  LOL 

And everytime when you boarded a bus after a thunderstorm, the inner seats would always be very wet  LOL

I still remember the bus conductors on the public buses. Everytime it was around 6 pm and I was on the bus in the CBD area, the poor conductor would have to squeeze between the passengers on the super-packed bus to collect their fares.

Then when the MRT came out in 1986, it was like darn exciting!  

volvo-b-57-06.jpg

Also, not sure if you did this, but we used to record songs from the radio using cassette tapes, and would get really pissed when the DJ started talking before the song ended  LOL.

Years later, I read in my NS friend's Mass Comm textbook that they do that to prevent copyright violations.  :P

Also, when we were in the afternoon session of primary school, we would always rush home to watch the 6.30 pm cartoons on Ch 5, then switch to the Ch 8 drama at 7.00 pm (the drama starts at 6.45 pm though).

Sigh  Those were the days.

7d3b3d45a23230a331cc486bdea876a3.jpg

Guest Swinging in the Bus
12 hours ago, sayfirst said:

Some of the bus conductors were very handsome and I enjoyed seeing them punch hole in the ticket before handing it to me.

Guest FreeballerEGBlissBearDAgoo

You all still can taste the nostalgia by going to peace centre back lane. Although it look creepy still, I tends to do something to get back the time when I was there schooling. There is one thing I still miss even though I can t have the MACS coupon to tear from the newspaper no. Other than that, most things are still the same. My 90s and 80s song was with me on the headphone when I will gaze and daze around there.

On 21/03/2018 at 8:17 AM, Guest kian wee iec97 said:

isn't it beautiful? 

I learnt organ at Plaza Singapura’s Yamaha when Yaohan was still there. At that time, I was living in a rented flat in Toa Payoh and felt rather inferior mixing with the well-heeled who could afford to have organs at home. However, my mum worked hard to see me through these classes from P2 to Sec 4. 

• Guest locked this topic