Male HQ

Discussion on Muscle Building, Weight Lost, Weight Gain, Gym Workout

Guest Advice, pls

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

You should trust Xydboy too.  His workout is advanced but his principles and opinions apply to all levels. 

And all varieties of exercises:  weight lifting, aerobics, calisthenics, etc.

We should be blessed that the amount of information on exercising has exploded in the last decades.

But none of that replaces the dedication, discipline that exercising requires to give the desired results.

Throughout history people have been exercising successfully without ANY exercise videos.

Wasn't it Milo of Croton the Greek who started lifting and and carrying a calf every day as a child and thereafter, 

until the calf became a bull and he had developed into the strongest wrestler of his days ? 

Sadly nobody listens..lol...people rather pay 100+ bucks to a winner of a pageant on tips for nutrition and exercise, when its the same thing that I preach for free. Oh well...

15 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

not nobody listen, dear

it is too naggy and it s just a simple posting of videos yet invited a thesis discussn

n nobody is stopping anyone from going to a gym to "listen"

Its a forum my friend. You think this is SMS or IRC? Go gym to listen, stay at home and listen even better right? Listen more and you will get fitter:lol:Your vestibular apparatus might probably gain in size:whistle:

of cos it is a forum but it doesn't render the need of a thesis

one does not even need to address whether is he namecalling anyone

it looks like a thread more use by a particular person all the time

obviously it s a shared forum, if not I wont be publishing useful info

and if it is a forum , one doesn't have to keep replying to me, I m not even referring to any particular person when I m sharing

this is not an sms for me

On 09/01/2018 at 10:45 AM, xydboy said:

List goes on and on though..Anyway these are not the best way to know what exercises to do. Any exercises works, its just about getting the right form. if that is the concern, then there are even better sources:

1) https://www.ideafit.com/exercise-library# (this site shows you clips with detailed instruction on how to do the huge library of exercise. You can even pick and choose and bind these exercises to create a workout. All about customisation based on your mood.)

2) https://www.acefitness.org/education-and-resources/lifestyle/exercise-library (this site is very easy to use with exercises ranging from easy to difficult. Detailed instruction and video on how to perform the exercises is shown. Best of all, it classify the exercise based on the muscle groups, ranging from equipment based to bodyweight.)

Excellent resources! Thanks, xydboy! 

Bi-curious

2 hours ago, forfanden said:

Excellent resources! Thanks, xydboy! 

No problem. Glad to be of much help to you. Just fyi, the first link has pre-made workouts. So if you are in the mood for adventure or are at wits end on what to do, can refer to those. The sets are made for beginners, if you are more advanced, you can increase the number of sets or even repetitions.

10 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

of cos it is a forum but it doesn't render the need of a thesis

one does not even need to address whether is he namecalling anyone

it looks like a thread more use by a particular person all the time

obviously it s a shared forum, if not I wont be publishing useful info

and if it is a forum , one doesn't have to keep replying to me, I m not even referring to any particular person when I m sharing

this is not an sms for me

If a particular person is writing so many posts here, it might be because such person has expertise  that contributes much to the thread.

Others may not post much but they read the posts, without criticizing, and so the useful information is not wasted.

In a forum, one does not need to take things personally.  More than replies to a person, replies are made to A POST.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/7/2018 at 9:02 AM, -Ignored- said:

Just saw this video and decide to try it out. Did one set of max reps and im dying, but i feel the abs burning. And it seems quite mild to my shitty backache issues, so that's good I guess! 

Will try it out for a few weeks and see how its works out.

On ‎21‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 11:23 AM, addict said:

he mentioned he wasn't like this before, and it took him just mths

n I esp love it when he said length and more freq may not help
(this is not a new series, it has always been there ,now then I realised he is wearing a CK undies , haha! )

he is the expert, I m not

and he always allow flexi (Sorry no English version)

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/20/well/eat/counting-calories-weight-loss-diet-dieting-low-carb-low-fat.html

The Key to Weight Loss Is Diet Quality, Not Quantity, a New Study Finds
Leer en español
By ANAHAD O’CONNORFEB. 20, 2018

Anyone who has ever been on a diet knows that the standard prescription for weight loss is to reduce the amount of calories you consume.

But a new study, published Tuesday in JAMA, may turn that advice on its head. It found that people who cut back on added sugar, refined grains and highly processed foods while concentrating on eating plenty of vegetables and whole foods — without worrying about counting calories or limiting portion sizes — lost significant amounts of weight over the course of a year.

The strategy worked for people whether they followed diets that were mostly low in fat or mostly low in carbohydrates. And their success did not appear to be influenced by their genetics or their insulin-response to carbohydrates, a finding that casts doubt on the increasingly popular idea that different diets should be recommended to people based on their DNA makeup or on their tolerance for carbs or fat.

The research lends strong support to the notion that diet quality, not quantity, is what helps people lose and manage their weight most easily in the long run. It also suggests that health authorities should shift away from telling the public to obsess over calories and instead encourage Americans to avoid processed foods that are made with refined starches and added sugar, like bagels, white bread, refined flour and sugary snacks and beverages, said Dr. Dariush Mozaffarian, a cardiologist and dean of the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy at Tufts University.

“This is the road map to reducing the obesity epidemic in the United States,” said Dr. Mozaffarian, who was not involved in the new study. “It’s time for U.S. and other national policies to stop focusing on calories and calorie counting.”

The new research was published in JAMA and led by Christopher D. Gardner, the director of nutrition studies at the Stanford Prevention Research Center. It was a large and expensive trial, carried out on more than 600 people with $8 million in funding from the National Institutes of Health, the Nutrition Science Initiative and other groups.

Dr. Gardner and his colleagues designed the study to compare how overweight and obese people would fare on low-carbohydrate and low-fat diets. But they also wanted to test the hypothesis — suggested by previous studies — that some people are predisposed to do better on one diet over the other depending on their genetics and their ability to metabolize carbs and fat. A growing number of services have capitalized on this idea by offering people personalized nutrition advice tailored to their genotypes.

The researchers recruited adults from the Bay Area and split them into two diet groups, which were called “healthy” low carb and “healthy” low fat. Members of both groups attended classes with dietitians where they were trained to eat nutrient-dense, minimally processed whole foods, cooked at home whenever possible.

Soft drinks, fruit juice, muffins, white rice and white bread are technically low in fat, for example, but the low-fat group was told to avoid those things and eat foods like brown rice, barley, steel-cut oats, lentils, lean meats, low-fat dairy products, quinoa, fresh fruit and legumes. The low-carb group was trained to choose nutritious foods like olive oil, salmon, avocados, hard cheeses, vegetables, nut butters, nuts and seeds, and grass-fed and pasture-raised animal foods.

The participants were encouraged to meet the federal guidelines for physical activity but did not generally increase their exercise levels, Dr. Gardner said. In classes with the dietitians, most of the time was spent discussing food and behavioral strategies to support their dietary changes.

The new study stands apart from many previous weight-loss trials because it did not set extremely restrictive carbohydrate, fat or caloric limits on people and emphasized that they focus on eating whole or “real” foods — as much as they needed to avoid feeling hungry.

“The unique thing is that we didn’t ever set a number for them to follow,” Dr. Gardner said.

Of course, many dieters regain what they lose, and this study cannot establish whether participants will be able to sustain their new habits. While people on average lost a significant amount of weight in the study, there was also wide variability in both groups. Some people gained weight, and some lost as much as 50 to 60 pounds. Dr. Gardner said that the people who lost the most weight reported that the study had “changed their relationship with food.” They no longer ate in their cars or in front of their television screens, and they were cooking more at home and sitting down to eat dinner with their families, for example.

“We really stressed to both groups again and again that we wanted them to eat high-quality foods,” Dr. Gardner said. “We told them all that we wanted them to minimize added sugar and refined grains and eat more vegetables and whole foods. We said, ‘Don’t go out and buy a low-fat brownie just because it says low fat. And those low-carb chips — don’t buy them, because they’re still chips and that’s gaming the system.’”

Dr. Gardner said many of the people in the study were surprised — and relieved — that they did not have to restrict or even think about calories.

“A couple weeks into the study people were asking when we were going to tell them how many calories to cut back on,” he said. “And months into the study they said, ‘Thank you! We’ve had to do that so many times in the past.’”

Calorie counting has long been ingrained in the prevailing nutrition and weight loss advice. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, for example, tells people who are trying to lose weight to “write down the foods you eat and the beverages you drink, plus the calories they have, each day,” while making an effort to restrict the amount of calories they eat and increasing the amount of calories they burn through physical activity.

“Weight management is all about balancing the number of calories you take in with the number your body uses or burns off,” the agency says.

Yet the new study found that after one year of focusing on food quality, not calories, the two groups lost substantial amounts of weight. On average, the members of the low-carb group lost just over 13 pounds, while those in the low-fat group lost about 11.7 pounds. Both groups also saw improvements in other health markers, like reductions in their waist sizes, body fat, and blood sugar and blood pressure levels.

The researchers took DNA samples from each subject and analyzed a group of genetic variants that influence fat and carbohydrate metabolism. Ultimately the subjects’ genotypes did not appear to influence their responses to the diets.

The researchers also looked at whether people who secreted higher levels of insulin in response to carbohydrate intake — a barometer of insulin resistance — did better on the low-carb diet. Surprisingly, they did not, Dr. Gardner said, which was somewhat disappointing.

“It would have been sweet to say we have a simple clinical test that will point out whether you’re insulin resistant or not and whether you should eat more or less carbs,” he added.

Dr. Walter Willett, chairman of the nutrition department at the Harvard T. H. Chan School of Public Health, said the study did not support a “precision medicine” approach to nutrition, but that future studies would be likely to look at many other genetic factors that could be significant. He said the most important message of the study was that a “high quality diet” produced substantial weight loss and that the percentage of calories from fat or carbs did not matter, which is consistent with other studies, including many that show that eating healthy fats and carbs can help prevent heart disease, diabetes and other diseases.

“The bottom line: Diet quality is important for both weight control and long-term well-being,” he said.

Dr. Gardner said it is not that calories don’t matter. After all, both groups ultimately ended up consuming fewer calories on average by the end of the study, even though they were not conscious of it. The point is that they did this by focusing on nutritious whole foods that satisfied their hunger.

“I think one place we go wrong is telling people to figure out how many calories they eat and then telling them to cut back on 500 calories, which makes them miserable,” he said. “We really need to focus on that foundational diet, which is more vegetables, more whole foods, less added sugar and less refined grains.”

A version of this article appears in print on February 21, 2018, on Page A9 of the New York edition with the headline: How Much Do Calories Count?. Order Reprints| Today's Paper|Subscribe

On 2/23/2018 at 10:15 AM, heliumduck said:

It also has been my experience that the effectiveness of a diet is in the quality, type of nutrients and not much in how much we eat.

Counting calories is not worth the effort.

On 3/1/2018 at 4:29 AM, Steve5380 said:

It also has been my experience that the effectiveness of a diet is in the quality, type of nutrients and not much in how much we eat.

Counting calories is not worth the effort.

Actually its quite a nitpick article. The article should be read in full to understand the whole story. Media tends to sensationalise a lot of stuff. Especially when you get someone who is not involved in the study to comment right at the start.

5 hours ago, xydboy said:

Actually its quite a nitpick article. The article should be read in full to understand the whole story. Media tends to sensationalise a lot of stuff. Especially when you get someone who is not involved in the study to comment right at the start.

Apart from the article, it makes sense that calorie counting is not the right approach.  Like it is not practical to measure how much electricity we use charging our cellular phones.

A cellular may fully charge in some number of hours.  But if we leave it charging overnight or the whole day... it does not get "fat", or explode from excessive charge.  This is because a regulating mechanism controls how much it charges.  When the battery voltage reaches a threshold, it stops charging even if the charger remains connected.  This makes sense, since we don't know exactly how long it should charge, and we relay on excess time to get it fully charged.

Similarly, we cannot know exactly how much food our body needs, so if there is an excess ingested, the body has a regulating mechanism that absorbs the necessary food and lets the rest pass through.  This is very obvious with fluids,  where we pee out all the liquid the body receives in excess.  And on top of these fine mechanisms there are more coarse ones that are the extent of our hunger and thirst.  These make us eat and drink when we need it, and stop when we have enough.

All animals must have such  regulating mechanisms.  We humans are among the few who can feed regularly with controlled number of meals.  The  animals in the jungle eat when they can, when they have found food, animal or plant.  And animals don't count calories. 

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Apart from the article, it makes sense that calorie counting is not the right approach.  Like it is not practical to measure how much electricity we use charging our cellular phones.

A cellular may fully charge in some number of hours.  But if we leave it charging overnight or the whole day... it does not get "fat", or explode from excessive charge.  This is because a regulating mechanism controls how much it charges.  When the battery voltage reaches a threshold, it stops charging even if the charger remains connected.  This makes sense, since we don't know exactly how long it should charge, and we relay on excess time to get it fully charged.

Similarly, we cannot know exactly how much food our body needs, so if there is an excess ingested, the body has a regulating mechanism that absorbs the necessary food and lets the rest pass through.  This is very obvious with fluids,  where we pee out all the liquid the body receives in excess.  And on top of these fine mechanisms there are more coarse ones that are the extent of our hunger and thirst.  These make us eat and drink when we need it, and stop when we have enough.

All animals must have such  regulating mechanisms.  We humans are among the few who can feed regularly with controlled number of meals.  The  animals in the jungle eat when they can, when they have found food, animal or plant.  And animals don't count calories. 

Looking back at the interview, it was clearly mentioned that regardless of the outcome, both groups did consume lesser calories. Its the principle that matters. Its shown and proven to not go wrong (http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/obr.12165/full). Specifics on answering to the fine details or mechanisms on regulating mechanisms is moot. Because ultimately if one does keep track of calories and consume lesser, weight loss is a definite.

Edited by xydboy

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, iwearthongs said:

What to do if no energy to go gym even after getting 2 days rest & lots of sleep? Should I just drink 1 liter of strong coffee and go anyway? Hate this no energy lazy feeling. 

You need vitamin d zinc and magnesium I guess ~

8 hours ago, iwearthongs said:

What to do if no energy to go gym even after getting 2 days rest & lots of sleep? Should I just drink 1 liter of strong coffee and go anyway? Hate this no energy lazy feeling. 

Perhaps you might want to revisit your goals (if you have none, set one) and work around your activity levels. Work at a some what comfortable intensity so that it doesn't turn you off.

Edited by xydboy

9 hours ago, Kimochi said:

You need vitamin d zinc and magnesium I guess ~

This is a possibility.  Electrolytes out of balance can cause our bodies to behave and feel in strange ways, and our good will is insufficient to overcome that.

Ideally, we should get periodic blood tests to check that everything is in balance, but this can be expensive.

Fortunately,  a good diet can be a natural way to supply the body with all the substances it needs.

Diets change, opinions change, but there are some basic rules that have been proven to be real.

1 hour ago, gaysluttyme said:

Less Oil, Sugar, Salt, no sugar drinks

No meat

No fish

Go vegan

light meals

No food after 7 pm

No meat and fish too much liao ~ lidat won't loose muscles? 

Show pictures 

Edited by Kimochi

1 hour ago, gaysluttyme said:

No meat

No fish

Go vegan

light meals

No food after 7 pm

Lean meat like chicken breast is fine, your diet sucks la. How to survive without meat it will cause a loss in muscle mass.

Lean meat/fish + broccoli + brown rice is the best and proven combo for losing weight and gaining muscle.

http://www.scmp.com/lifestyle/health-beauty/article/2105436/vegan-hong-kong-bodybuilder-hin-chun-chui-wrestles-protein

Vegan Hong Kong bodybuilder Hin Chun Chui wrestles protein myths and shows you don’t need meat or dairy to be a winner

He trains for five hours a day and is part of the Hong Kong bodybuilding team ... he also happens to be vegan. Find out first-hand what it means to be a meat-free athlete and what to eat for success

PUBLISHED : Monday, 07 August, 2017, 7:02am
UPDATED : Wednesday, 09 August, 2017, 11:17am

ddd07414-7763-11e7-84d9-df29f06febc3_128

Bodybuilder Hin Chun Chui cut meat out of his diet three years ago. Photo: Xiaomei Chen

In the Western elite sports scene, you won’t be hard pressed to find those who follow a vegan diet – tennis ace Venus Williams, British heavyweight boxer David Haye and American ultra-trail runner Scott Jurek, just to name a few. But in Hong Kong, plant-powered athletes are rarities.

SCMP Today: HK Edition
Get updates direct to your inbox
E-mail *

By registering you agree to our T&Cs & Privacy Policy

Bodybuilder Hin Chun Chui, 2016 champion of the Hong Kong Body Building Tournament Youth Group, is among that small group. This year he achieved second place at the 2017 YOT Bodybuilding Open Competition (a men’s sports model category). The athlete, who trains around five hours daily, stopped eating meat and animal by-products three years ago after having a nightmare about chickens and learning about inhumane animal farming practices.

People say I’m fighting in bodybuilding games but I say I’m also fighting the system
Chui Hin-chun

With a friend, the 21-year-old launched Revol Vegan Fitness in Cheung Sha Wan this year to help others learn about the vegan diet and fitness. This meat-free convert admits it’s a struggle to highlight plant-based diets in a city where most people prefer carnivorous lifestyles. Many locals find it hard to fathom he is a herbivore bodybuilder and accuse him of being a steroid user. It’s an uphill battle for this athlete in the bodybuilding scene, too, where many of his carnivorous peers prefer champs that promote whey protein or other sponsors’ non-vegan friendly products to make a living.

“People say I’m fighting in bodybuilding games but I say I’m also fighting the system,” he says. In the early days of his career, this bodybuilder hid his vegan life to compete at events, but now, being part of Hong Kong’s bodybuilding team, life has become much easier.

ce50a612-7763-11e7-84d9-df29f06febc3_1320x770_205314.JPG

Hin Chun Chui gets some of his daily protein from quinoa, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, almonds and pistachios. Photo: Xiaomei Chen

Are there many Hong Kong vegan professional athletes?

If there are I can’t find them.

How do people respond when they learn you’re a completely plant-powered bodybuilder?

[They can’t believe it] because they’ve never seen anyone like me before. They usually say I must sneak meat in my diet sometimes but I always say I don’t need meat anymore because there are lots of protein packed plant-based foods available. You also see the difference between [carnivorous] bodybuilders versus the vegan kind. The former always have a lot of fat in their body – they tend to lose their six-pack during the off-season. [Where] I can always maintain my low-body-fat muscular build during competitions and off-seasons.

High performance athletes shy away from veganism for fear of low protein, but experts say it improves their recovery time

What is your body fat?

It’s about 8 per cent body fat but if I go to competitions I get it down to 3 per cent or 2 per cent. Meat-eating bodybuilders usually have around 10 per cent to 30 per cent body fat during their off season.

I often get accused of taking steroids but, as part of the Hong Kong bodybuilding team, I regularly get tested for doping, so I tell them it’s impossible for me to take such drugs.

Why is talking about “vegan power” important to you?

In Hong Kong and other countries, there are a lot of food choices. We don’t need to eat meat to survive. In ancient times humans had to hunt for food but we don’t need to do that now. Every time you eat meat, animals have to die. Why do you need to kill animals so humans can eat? It’s something you want but it is not what you need.

Bodybuilders need more protein than average folks – where do you get your protein from?

I eat lots of boiled rice, legumes [particularly split peas] and quinoa. I drink around 300 grams of quinoa in a shake daily, which contains about 16 grams of protein.

Nepali bodybuilders aim to dispel racial stereotyping

What is the biggest change you’ve noticed since going vegan?

Since going vegan I’m much calmer, I’m not as angry as often … I don’t know why this is the case. My body fat is lower now. Before, when I ate meat, I looked fatter, even though I trained hard. Now as a vegan, my body fat has lowered and I don’t workout more than I did before. I don’t even do cardio anymore.

What do you tell people who say going vegan as an athlete is unhealthy?

It’s not true. They say if you become vegan you will [not eat enough food containing] iron, but iron is available in lots of seeds and other plant sources like quinoa, which I eat plenty of.

I feel good … I can develop muscle mass through my vegan diet, it’s proof [these misconceptions] are not true.

c02debca-78ea-11e7-84d9-df29f06febc3_1320x770_205314.JPG

Being a vegan bodybuilder is more acceptable in the West.

You haven’t mentioned soy much. Do you have soy in your diet?

I think a lot of soy [available in Hong Kong] is derived through the Genetically Modified Organism [GMO] process. Maybe soy is a good protein food but … I don’t usually eat it. In my early days of going meat-free, I tried it and ate a lot of soy and tofu every day, but for some reason I lost some muscle [mass]. I don’t know why. Since I cut soy out and eat a mixed diet, that includes rice, quinoa and nuts, my muscles have developed again.

Healthy vegan and vegetarian fare: how Hong Kong restaurants are going back to basics

Are there many vegan bodybuilders in Asia?

In Australia, Germany or England there are already a lot of vegan bodybuilders, so they are used to people like me. But the most shocked reactions I’ve experienced are encounters from Chinese bodybuilders. They are extremely shocked when they see a Chinese [vegan] person like me doing bodybuilding.

What’s your favourite post-workout food?

I eat around [a pint] full of mixed nuts, as they are high in carbohydrates and fat. When you’re vegan, your body fat continues to decline. To stop this, I eat lots of nuts or carbohydrate foods.

bf66517e-7763-11e7-84d9-df29f06febc3_1320x770_205314.JPG

Vegan bodybuilder Hin Chun Chui spends up to five hours a day in the gym. Photo: Xiaomei Chen

Where’s the protein?

Breakfast

A plant-powered protein shake consisting of 150 grams of boiled quinoa (8 grams protein) blended into a drink, sometimes flavoured with sugar or a banana (1.3 grams protein). Plus 150 grams of cooked split peas (12 grams protein) and 100 grams of cooked brown rice (7.5 grams protein)

c1bd0f8e-78ea-11e7-84d9-df29f06febc3_972x_205314.JPG

A bowl of rice (100 grams) contains about 3 grams of protein.

Lunch

150 grams of quinoa (8 grams protein) blended into a drink; a bowl of around 100 grams of mixed nuts – cashews, almonds, walnuts and peanuts – (16 grams protein). Plus 100 grams of pumpkin seeds (19 grams protein)

Dinner

50 grams of chia seeds (8.5 grams protein) with 100 grams of mixed rice – red, brown and white – (3 grams protein). Plus 50 grams of boiled quinoa (3 grams protein) blended into a drink

Snacks

Five to 10 slices of wheat bread (18-36 grams protein) with 50-100 grams of oats (8.5-17 grams protein), plus one to five generous spoonfuls of tahini, or sesame paste (2.6-13 grams protein). Plus a 300-gram portion of fruit and vegetables daily, consisting of either corn, yellow peppers, potatoes and bananas, or yams, purple cabbage and blueberries

Guest How can
2 hours ago, gaysluttyme said:

No meat

No fish

Go vegan

light meals

No food after 7 pm

Enjoy life lah, your hide is only a temporary mask for your soul.  You pleased your hide to torture your soul. How can.

Guest Guest
5 hours ago, gaysluttyme said:

No meat

No fish

Go vegan

light meals

No food after 7 pm

Wow ... very disciplined!!

You have veg for every meal (bf, lunch & diner)? Any carbo (potato, rice etc.) in your vegan diet? Are you going on vegan diet for life?

this is how u get lean w the necessary muscles at the core (it may look like a joke but... quite a number been sharing this g spa page since wed)

dont have to be bulky (many of u should have seen this as  u frequent g spa) w muscles but at least lean

Basically is to eat much lesser than what he used to eat. Losing muscle is a no no for me. I prefer to wear my 29inch jeans and retaining muscles than being skinny all over. My friends quite like my body

i guess when you are young, there are many motivating factors to pursue

this ideal magazine cover body.  and be excessive with health and exercise

but why go through so much trouble?

oh, i know. my younger cousin says, he build and publicise his abs

to show the effectiveness of his workout, as he is a trainer.

some other younger people, do it so they can post on IG.
some older people, just do it cos they are insecure about looking bad.
chuando says he does it because he likes looking like a lean chicken breast.

as long as you are not unhealthy,

body and face nice enough to pull some guys,

and can still eat actual food, instead of eating rabbit food.

good enough, everything in moderation. 
remember even when you reach peak shred, the maintenance is the one

that will kill you.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Guest

I am 47 and however hard I work out and eat clean, just cannot get the 公狗腰. I have visible 6-pack, but the lower belly somehow got no definition and is blubbery so no 8-pack. How? 各路英雄请多指教!

3 hours ago, iwearthongs said:

Is it possible to overtrain rear delts? I know this small muscle can take a crazy amount of punishment & can be very stubborn. But most people don't like training it & prefer to focus more on showy muscles like chest & biceps but I'm the exact opposite. I try to hit my rear delts very hard at least 3x a week but now I'm starting to wonder if there's a limit before its considered overtraining? 

The posterior deltoid is quite essential in giving you those nice cannon ball shoulders. It is however part of the group of muscles that make up your rotator cuff and needs looking after carefully, just like supraspinatus, which I tore previously. In my opinion, as long as you concentrate on form, and especially if you train it regularly, you should be okay. Xydboy is my guru when it comes to technical advice, so let’s wait for his response as well. 

4 hours ago, iwearthongs said:

Is it possible to overtrain rear delts? I know this small muscle can take a crazy amount of punishment & can be very stubborn. But most people don't like training it & prefer to focus more on showy muscles like chest & biceps but I'm the exact opposite. I try to hit my rear delts very hard at least 3x a week but now I'm starting to wonder if there's a limit before its considered overtraining? 

Firstly, lets have a look at the definition of overtraining. Overtraining on resistance training has been under-studied as compared to overtraining on aerobic training. Strictly speaking, overtraining is a condition in which the individual trains too much. Particularly for resistance training, overtraining can be classified in 2 forms: 1) too much intensity, 2) too much volume. So how do we know if we have overtrained? the symptoms are never 100% certain. "Staleness", general fatigue, decrease in strength are some examples of it. Rest is critical and is an effective cure for this. Next, looking at the typical exercise recommendations of 2-3 non-consecutive days of resistance exercise, it does seem unlikely for you to overtrain based on what you have mentioned. In fact, if your workout consist of shoulders day, and also a back-bicep day; typical of a split routine, then it would be likely for you to train the posterior delts twice a week. Way ahead is to also emphasize on your rhomboids and scapular retractors. However, I still would encourage some training sessions to be dedicated to the anterior muscles (i.e. pushing groups: anterior delts, chest, triceps) to balance the entire body.

1 hour ago, iwearthongs said:

My anterior delts get hit 2x a week on chest days from bench press & shoulder days. I never had any problem with it. I find that they can handle quite a lot of volume & respond quickly. Like most people at gym, I was taking the lazy approach towards rear delts. Only did the bare minimum so they have always lagged behind. But since I started increasing volume & prioritizing them, I noticed a big difference. I also notice they can recover so much quicker than any other muscle group so I continued to hit them more often with higher volume. So far not yet experienced any training staleness and fatigue even after hitting them 3x a week. No more looking flat from behind. In my experience,  bringing them up was a real challenge. They can handle lots of volume but dont respond as quickly compared to the front side. Most people i know just give up when they see their rear delts arent growing despite putting in so much work. 

Then everything is fine. You should not have to worry. Keep up the good effort.

• 2 weeks later...
On Monday, April 02, 2018 at 3:54 PM, tomcat said:

i guess when you are young, there are many motivating factors to pursue

this ideal magazine cover body.  and be excessive with health and exercise

but why go through so much trouble?

oh, i know. my younger cousin says, he build and publicise his abs

to show the effectiveness of his workout, as he is a trainer.

some other younger people, do it so they can post on IG.
some older people, just do it cos they are insecure about looking bad.
chuando says he does it because he likes looking like a lean chicken breast.

as long as you are not unhealthy,

body and face nice enough to pull some guys,

and can still eat actual food, instead of eating rabbit food.

good enough, everything in moderation. 
remember even when you reach peak shred, the maintenance is the one

that will kill you.

Thats right, moderation is the key....diet and exercise comes in a pair...now can eat better eat, next time got no teeth or lost taste bud, want to eat also cannot.

Guest Question
On 01/04/2018 at 8:56 AM, gaysluttyme said:

No meat

No fish

Go vegan

light meals

No food after 7 pm

Vegan can drink cum?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.