Male HQ

What is the age you like to live till?

Guest Walking dead

On 03/04/2018 at 11:04 PM, Guest Walking dead said:

Yes.  I am thinking of going to countries that have lower living standard and enjoy life then die there. But how much money i need to have?

That only one of problem.

What yr meant is lower cost of living....

One could have a low cost and high standard of living at the same time. Eg. if u were to retire in Thailand. 

For me, if u love your job, u don't need to retire. As matter of fact, a well-loved job keeps one going and give meaning to life.

One must first feel they are needed. 

This is an impt concept that when u know u r needed, u r still relevant. 

I have seen retirees fall into depression not because they are not financially covered, it is because their self worth diminished sharply when they retired as they are no longer needed. Their children do not need them to support. Communication with their better-half is reduced to minimum. Talk when necessary. There is no reason to wake up to. 

Fortunately, I love my job and I hope never to retire. So as long my health can keep up, I will keep going. 

Retirement is a difficult process. It is more than just financial concern. At the end of the day, you do not need a lot of money to live a life.  ( I am assuming u r medically insured ). 

Edited by lohwpr

Guest EnjoyLife
29 minutes ago, lohwpr said:

For me, if u love your job, u don't need to retire. As matter of fact, a well-loved job keeps one going and give meaning to life.

One must first feel they are needed. 

This is an impt concept that when u know u r needed, u r still relevant. 

I have seen retirees fall into depression not because they are not financially covered, it is because their self worth diminished sharply when they retired as they are no longer needed. Their children do not need them to support. Communication with their better-half is reduced to minimum. Talk when necessary. There is no reason to wake up to. 

Fortunately, I love my job and I hope never to retire. So as long my health can keep up, I will keep going. 

Retirement is a difficult process. It is more than just financial concern. At the end of the day, you do not need a lot of money to live a life.  ( I am assuming u r medically insured ). 

The bolted words is very important, so long you enjoy it be it working or not.

If can chose, and i still going to be single and alone, i would not want to live till too old,

But if manage to find a life partner, then i would want to live slightly a bit longer then him, cos i do not wish to depart first then leave him alone behind. 

On 4/9/2018 at 5:31 AM, lohwpr said:

I agree with you a hundred percent. And I go further.

A "job" by definition implies a PAID activity, paid because it is valuable to others.

For some of us, old people are not in demand for the job we like and challenges our skills..

So we should extend as meaningful to life ANY activity that is valuable to us, regardless of money.

And here is one blessing of retirement:  we have the freedom to engage in the activities we love and are valuable to us, regardless if they are valuable to others.

Guest Walking dead

But i dont think your empolyer will want you to work till so old. Also if you hold a highest salary , they will try to get you resign and get a younger person who salary cheaper. 

On 4/9/2018 at 6:31 PM, lohwpr said:

this is not so much a retirement or old age crisis,

even though on the outside it appears to be so.

hard to believe, but it is actually a spiritual crisis.

because the person has identified his job as part of who he is (his self and purpose)

when the "job" is no longer there, he feels like he has lost a part of himself,

or is no longer able to define who he is as a person anymore.

but if the individual is spiritually aware from a younger age,

and view work as something not accumulative of worth or identity,

it is just a mechanism in the machine of this life,

they are more adaptable at their work, less ego

and can transition into retirement/jobchange/retrenchment

with a positive mindset.

to prove the point, it is not just members of the workforce

who experience retirement or post-employment blues.

even mothers experience the so called "empty nest" syndrome.

because after giving decades of their lives to their children,

when the children are grown and move on, the mothers can fall into depression.

this is because they have over-identified themselves as mothers,

and neglected themselves as human beings.

how is this a spiritual matter?
the clue is in the name: Human, Being.
Human denotes the organism, the species, the animal/mammal.

Being denotes Consciousness, soul, energy, spirit.

As the "Human" fades, ages, withers, the "Being" will suffer,

as long as the identifications are strong and based too much on

the material world and our shared reality.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Laneige

Actually when i saw some old people still working very hard like cleaners or picking up cardboard and cans etc....

I feel sad and i will wonder will i be like them when grow old, because i am alone. Then i think i wish i dont want to live till so old age.

20 hours ago, Guest Laneige said:

Actually when i saw some old people still working very hard like cleaners or picking up cardboard and cans etc....

I feel sad and i will wonder will i be like them when grow old, because i am alone. Then i think i wish i dont want to live till so old age.

Have you ever seen a dead body,  especially one decayed by some time following death?

MUCH NICER is the view of an old person working hard picking up cardboard and cans etc.  An old person may not care if he does menial work instead of highly creative work, because with age we all realize how insignificant we are. Any work is worthy.  Now retired, I enjoy taking care of my household, washing dishes, cleaning after myself and a sick friend I take care of.  Doing  productive things we can do with our eyes closed keeps the body entertained, while the spirit speculates about philosophies...  If I were alone, I think I could get similar satisfactions doing volunteer work for others.

Guest Walking dead
On 09/04/2018 at 2:35 AM, Guest Bin bon said:

下体冰冰===是 雪藏鸡 吗?

2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Have you ever seen a dead body,  especially one decayed by some time following death?

MUCH NICER is the view of an old person working hard picking up cardboard and cans etc.  An old person may not care if he does menial work instead of highly creative work, because with age we all realize how insignificant we are. Any work is worthy.  Now retired, I enjoy taking care of my household, washing dishes, cleaning after myself and a sick friend I take care of.  Doing  productive things we can do with our eyes closed keeps the body entertained, while the spirit speculates about philosophies...  If I were alone, I think I could get similar satisfactions doing volunteer work for others.

Thank you for discussing. At least someone retired come and talk about his real life. At least we can learn something from it.

• Guest locked this topic