Male HQ

Addicted to Visiting Sauna and Sex Discussion (compiled)

Guest gay

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Yes, it is THE Absolute at the location where 10Men is now.  It opened around 2007-2008 with some staff from previous Towel Club.

Why is it sad that TC did cater to good looking guys?  Shouldn't ALL saunas do this ?

The reason if I recall TC has so many good looking guy is that they screen thru before u entered. If u dun match their standard, they will tell u it is full. 

3 minutes ago, tyan said:

The reason if I recall TC has so many good looking guy is that they screen thru before u entered. If u dun match their standard, they will tell u it is full. 

Was that so?  Thanks for the compliment, because they always let me in without questions.  :)

Guest Unclr
8 hours ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

Based on many America's known stereotypes (and perhaps other foreigners as well), Singapore is seen as a "fine" country - everything talks about financial punishment or judicial punishment.

For the chewing gum issue, it's initially some Singaporeans' black sheep fault where some of them intentionally stick their chewing gums on train doors, on the floor etc, making it inconvenient to other people (from what I knew historically). Hence it was banned - although some say can bring in but can't eat publicly? I can't remember the exact rule now.

I saw uncle spit on the floor inside a building complex. After adjusting his throat, koich koish, pooh. He just spit on the floor. What the fxxk. Its time to ban spitting.

10 hours ago, tyan said:

Really ? No wonder it closed down. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

16 hours ago, tyan said:

cheh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tks Tyan for sharing the full truth
Steve, if unsure , pls do not share, it is extremely misleading!!!!!! 
If uncertain, avoid even typing anything (it is fine not to share, there bound to be other members who knew the topic better)

tks for resharing this 2006-2008, i didnt even exist before this! i only randomly chanced upon BW towards end of 2010 
I didnt knw that gay businesses existed in Sg, a land which was known for Strictness and zero tolerance!
I cannot believe that saunas exist in sg, it is ONLY after 2011 i slowly start exploring sg businesses (in the gay scene) , yes all alone 
with no1 to guide and no1 to help (i m shocked that many learned as well as youngsters who r well-exposed to the internet much earlier than us needed help and assistance to visit a simple sauna)
Nothing wrong w late learning , NOTHING is too late in this world! and i hve NOT even visit a single gay Pub in sg! never and i wont

Edited by lovehandle

even i have not patronised the earlier days of TC, i know we  r not ref to this https://www.tower-club.com.sg/contact.php#general_enquiries
not sure what is the purpose of copying a building thread here? 

and when we r talking about the closed- Absolute we r not ref to https://www.facebook.com/AbsoluteSpa/

now i know why sg is fussing over wrong and inaccurate info cos everyone semeed to be spreading wrong info based on own's emotion

Shocking to learn and the only mbr i think still exist in bw shared in the old TC thread:

TC had implemented an membership by introduction scheme. You can only enrol as a member if you are with a friend who can refer you as a member/good top.

Good top woh, how abt gd btm, doesnt count?

300!!!!!!!!! 300 naked gorgeous boys, mostly with attitude. Its a tourist attraction, like Night Safari for gay visitors

attitude - a strict no chance for me

Edited by lovehandle

I had been to Towel Club several times and I always found the place to be very alluring, especially 

with the way the dark lighting, music and layout all working together to create the lust atmosphere.

I especially liked the pool in the middle at the back of the cafe, for those who can remember.

Several occasions, while I was changing at the locker area (next to the cafe/small reading area), a TC staff

would come up quietly and hand me a small, pocket-sized card that reads Free Entry for the next time I visit.

Whenever I asked them why, they would just say 'Take it' and 'See you soon'. Not sure if any of you encountered

the same thing.

Perhaps that was one reason why they could draw crowds there, I suppose.

Oh well, the good old days then. 

15 minutes ago, mate69 said:

I had been to Towel Club several times and I always found the place to be very alluring, especially 

with the way the dark lighting, music and layout all working together to create the lust atmosphere.

I especially liked the pool in the middle at the back of the cafe, for those who can remember.

Several occasions, while I was changing at the locker area (next to the cafe/small reading area), a TC staff

would come up quietly and hand me a small, pocket-sized card that reads Free Entry for the next time I visit.

Whenever I asked them why, they would just say 'Take it' and 'See you soon'. Not sure if any of you encountered

the same thing.

Perhaps that was one reason why they could draw crowds there, I suppose.

Oh well, the good old days then. 

Is there any reason the "good old days then" cannot be the good days today?

Why cannot a "towel club" like that exist today?  The reason this one existed for only two years was not their selection policy, like someone suggested, but the place had to close down because the building was torn down.  Why didn't they reopen?  Does anyone know?

Guest moved staff
22 hours ago, tyan said:

Seems that the staff moved to a sauna at Chinatown area, somewhere nearer to Duxton on the other side. I once heard the front staff telling a 40s guy:

"Oh, but you know what place here is and for who, not sure you should visit, maybe you better try to find another gay sauna".

• 6 months later...
On 4/29/2019 at 10:03 PM, Steve5380 said:

Is there any reason the "good old days then" cannot be the good days today?

Why cannot a "towel club" like that exist today?  The reason this one existed for only two years was not their selection policy, like someone suggested, but the place had to close down because the building was torn down.  Why didn't they reopen?  Does anyone know?

There are many dating apps now compared to the good old days.  Also, it wasn't so crowded in the good old days, so maintenance of facilities is much easier.

On 4/29/2019 at 9:42 PM, mate69 said:

I had been to Towel Club several times and I always found the place to be very alluring, especially With the way the dark lighting, music and layout all working together to create the lust atmosphere.

I especially liked the pool in the middle at the back of the cafe, for those who can remember 

TC interior lighting and partitioning was good 

Yes the nice dipping pool

I enjoyed that and spent several Friday midnight till dawn there.

i don’t remember they screened customers.

Location was slightly away from busy street, a good size public carpark and a good eatery in 50 meters away.

another good atmosphere sauna was Rairau.

If u find yourself too addicted to gay saunas or thai money boys or pros, there is a possibility that their spell is working for them against you. Some individuals and establishments secretly enlist protection from dark forces to boost business, lure you back there and boost their potency, especially some thai ones. Of course, there is a bad price to pay in time to come. Hope the addiction, and "darkness" don't ruin other aspects of your life. Cautious. This happens in str8 pros as well.

7 hours ago, Renewables said:

Location was slightly away from busy street, a good size public carpark and a good eatery in 50 meters away.

In my memory was all a matter of how you view it and what experience you made.

Towel Club was juz sumthing new on the block when it open, with a focus on Design and Interior n the sort of "restaurant" around the pool. At start the cubicle were with elevate bed sort of thing and not just a 5cm thick mattress on the floor like other juz had. To be honest later the bed very run down and torn.

But I remember the shower area to be very cramped and the toilets not really accommodating.

The maze was just a simple crampy 1m by 2m space behind a long wall and the other maze was like this hedge maze/ labyrinth and was rarely utilized. Not so suitable for open fun, but you find a guy n pull to room. Juz think, what made it to a "wanted" or hype place was the guys. As the mouth propaganda spread thru the community u had a lot of chance to date a quite hot guy for fun, because there were just quite a plenty and those guys not have the standing around statue culture. Then, u can connect at the cafe/restaurant with other guy. Many of my fren told me they found a fb or bf at Towel. Had this social connection space next to cruising.  If think back, this was juz the difference to the other sauna place. It closed too early, I think becoz this refurbish on the old shop houses at this area and not finding a new place.

12 hours ago, Renewables said:

On 2006 I searched for 6 Loke Yew Street, found the rotating door that gave entrance to Towel Club, and walked in.  They gave me a membership without introduction by other members, screening,  and thereafter I enjoyed many visits to this place on their Full Moon and other events.  A small sauna with plenty of mirrors and a distinctive element: nice, cute Asian gays.  Some of my best sauna experiences.

I wish I had visited SG in the days of the Rairua sauna, and had met activist Alex Au. But that would have been before I started my travels to Asia. 

Guest Disclosed Yourself
On 11/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, mlyfunp said:

In my memory was all a matter of how you view it and what experience you made.

Towel Club was juz sumthing new on the block when it open, with a focus on Design and Interior n the sort of "restaurant" around the pool. At start the cubicle were with elevate bed sort of thing and not just a 5cm thick mattress on the floor like other juz had. To be honest later the bed very run down and torn.

But I remember the shower area to be very cramped and the toilets not really accommodating.

The maze was just a simple crampy 1m by 2m space behind a long wall and the other maze was like this hedge maze/ labyrinth and was rarely utilized. Not so suitable for open fun, but you find a guy n pull to room. Juz think, what made it to a "wanted" or hype place was the guys. As the mouth propaganda spread thru the community u had a lot of chance to date a quite hot guy for fun, because there were just quite a plenty and those guys not have the standing around statue culture. Then, u can connect at the cafe/restaurant with other guy. Many of my fren told me they found a fb or bf at Towel. Had this social connection space next to cruising.  If think back, this was juz the difference to the other sauna place. It closed too early, I think becoz this refurbish on the old shop houses at this area and not finding a new place.

You are only 26, how did you manage to get into Towel Club in 2009 when you were 16?

1 hour ago, LeanToned said:

My first sauna experience was at Rairua back in 2004. I was probably 19 or 20 then. After which  i discovered One Seven, TC and Blue Heaven. I’ve had some memorable moments at the old One Seven. I guess i was addicted back then, being very young and all and just curious.

On the contrary, I wasn't addicted when I was young because there were many activities that occupied my time.  Now, there is always a time slot to go during the weekends but unfortunately, already expired stock. 

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

On the contrary, I wasn't addicted when I was young because there were many activities that occupied my time.  Now, there is always a time slot to go during the weekends but unfortunately, already expired stock. 

Surely there are still many activities that you can engage in at your present age, right? You sound so forlorn... come on lah, no one is an expired stock. hahaha

Guest old wine
3 hours ago, Think Of Others said:

Surely there are still many activities that you can engage in at your present age, right? You sound so forlorn... come on lah, no one is an expired stock. hahaha

Even wine which was kept in a boat at the sea for 200 years is not even expired stock. 

I think you shouldn't see age so negatively. 

if my maths are correct, then you are 35y now... 

I find many guys at this age just adorable. You ask some youngsters, plenty will say: "At least the guy is not childish and knows what he wants (even sexually more experienced)". 

Please! This sounds so bad. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, LeanMature said:

On 11/28/2019 at 3:03 AM, Guest old wine said:

if my maths are correct, then you are 35y now... 

I find many guys at this age just adorable. You ask some youngsters, plenty will say: "At least the guy is not childish and knows what he wants (even sexually more experienced)". 

I agree with Guest old wine.  35 is far from expired.

I was around that age when I got married.  Not expired!  and I was 49 when I ventured into the gay scene. Not expired!

And Holy Ghost! now In my 70s I don't feel expired yet!

Guest InBangkok

Sorry I haven't followed every thread but read TC closed due to the building being torn down.. Earlier I wrote about Rairua, a great little sauna which I visited each time I came to Singapore (about once every couple of months) almost from the time it opened until it closed. After that I went to one somewhere in Chinatown but did not like it much. Since then, I gave up on saunas - partly lack of interest and partly the ease of hooking up and finding company in other ways.

Buildings being torn down is a really sad reason for a sauna to close, especially if it is popular. I remember discovering my first sauna in Taipei in the mid-1990s. It was in a block of buildings a little south of the main station. The sauna was big, occupying the 5th and 6th floors with lots of private rooms. I remember being amazed at how natural it seemed for all the guys to be nude. Taiwan guys did not even bother to try and hide their assets it the large shower room. And the same is true today. Sadly the bad earthquake at the end of the 1990s resulted in that whole block becoming unstable and it, too, was knocked down. That sauna never relocated. I wonder if anyone else remembers it.

Guest InBangkok

Apologies, I forgot to add something in my last post. I know I was addicted to saunas when I was a lot younger. I worked in Hong Kong for much of the 1980s and 90s and there were no saunas until  being gay was decriminalised in 1991. I remember the first one was just a converted flat in Paterson Street (near Food Street in Causeway Bay). Years before then, however, I had discovered Oban in Tokyo's Kabuki-cho district. On my first visit I saw a couple of really cute models from gay photo books! Eventually I found the original 24 Sauna in Asakusa and later the second 24 in Ueno. Not sure when the first sauna opened in Bangkok, but I remember Volt around the mid-1980s, soon followed by the 10-storey Obelisks. At some point I found the little one behind what was then the Regent Hotel in KL not far from Blue Boy, and joined otot2 almost as soon as it opened.

When Babylon opened in Bangkok around 1990 it seemed heaven. Then Chakran off Soi Aree was a second heaven. I was definitely a sauna addict. But then as relationships took up a greater part of my life, the desire for anonymous sex diminished. I had thoroughly enjoyed my sauna escapades, but for quite some years I have found no need to visit them

On 11/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, Steve5380 said:

I agree with Guest old wine.  35 is far from expired.

I was around that age when I got married.  Not expired!  and I was 49 when I ventured into the gay scene. Not expired!

And Holy Ghost! now In my 70s I don't feel expired yet!

The reality of aging is not what you "think and feel" of yourself as not expired.  You walk into the sauna at 70 and see people still want a can of expired food.  Sorry for using such a lousy analogy. 

On 11/27/2019 at 10:49 PM, LeanMature said:

3 hours ago, LeanMature said:

The reality of aging is not what you "think and feel" of yourself as not expired.  You walk into the sauna at 70 and see people still want a can of expired food.  Sorry for using such a lousy analogy. 

Isn't it much more important if you feel expired or not,  compared with others thinking that you are expired or not?

I don't feel expired.  But if people in saunas think that I am a can of expired food, then... the hell with them!

You said that you were not addicted to saunas when you were young because there were many activities that occupied your time.   Since I am not expired, I can completely fill my time with activities and not get addicted to saunas.  And this is easier to do at 70 than as a young man. :)

Guest Lao uncle
3 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Expired is too brutal like dead or poisoned. But it's true if you really looked expired.

But if you keep yourself fit and well groomed, you could change expired to cheap discounted.

Still brutal truth is that cheap discounted mean that you are prepared to be picked up by other cheap discounted or if someone better picked you, he expected service value.

It's either a good hard fuck if you're lucky, or some public display like the not hot dry sauna of Keybox. Those times when it's not working and I'm sitting inside totally naked for obvious reasons, with my legs on the bench exposing that obvious reason. 

I'm not proud of myself for doing that. But then there are those who are into these. Others are too proud to provide this service, I have to accept the brutal reality to provide this as expected. It's bloody humiliating to some but hey, this is a sauna and I've gotten over the humiliations.

3 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Isn't it much more important if you feel expired or not,  compared with others thinking that you are expired or not?

I don't feel expired.  But if people in saunas think that I am a can of expired food, then... the hell with them!

You said that you were not addicted to saunas when you were young because there were many activities that occupied your time.   Since I am not expired, I can completely fill my time with activities and not get addicted to saunas.  And this is easier to do at 70 than as a young man. :)

This topic is about visiting saunas, and at 70, it is definitely an expired can of food. Of course, outside of it, you can be or feel unexpired. 

5 hours ago, LeanMature said:

This topic is about visiting saunas, and at 70, it is definitely an expired can of food. Of course, outside of it, you can be or feel unexpired. 

There is no law that prohibits people at 70 and beyond to visit gay saunas.  It is not uncommon for seniors who are retired and have much leisure time to spend some of it in saunas. They may not go exclusively to fuck but also to relax in steam rooms and hot tubs and enjoy the scene.  And it is not uncommon for seniors of any age to hire money boys, and get massages with happy end.

The fact that you feel expired does not make it a general situation.  You just need to visit Babylon in BKK and find so many seniors happily roaming the place.  You tell them that they are expired,  and they will laugh in your face!   And they will be nice and try to convince you that you are not expired  either.   You may want to follow their advice :)

• 5 months later...
Guest addict

How are the sauna addicts coping with their addiction?

Have you turned fat trying to cope with your frustration munching on durian puffs and chocolates?

Have some taking up more sports regime at home to come out fitter after the lock down?

Guest Cured
1 hour ago, Guest addict said:

How are the sauna addicts coping with their addiction?

Have you turned fat trying to cope with your frustration munching on durian puffs and chocolates?

Have some taking up more sports regime at home to come out fitter after the lock down?

Probably cured of the addiction during CB. No medication needed, simply self policing.

Guest addict
31 minutes ago, Guest Cured said:

Probably cured of the addiction during CB. No medication needed, simply self policing.

maybe ending up having a serious porn addiction now?

3 hours ago, JyT said:

Won't be going there until sooner once vaccine is found.... Too risky

I dun think it will be opened so soon loh. 

• 1 year later...
Guest Grateful to be alive

We can be grateful that nothing much has changed in Singapore.

In many countries things are becoming worse, more deaths directly because of the virus and from starvation... 

• 10 months later...
Guest Jamal
On 7/28/2021 at 1:22 AM, Steve5380 said:

But then,  one year later we can feel happy of being still here, and not having fallen victims of the virus.

True.  But i wont risk myself. Maybe next year I can visit sauna again

Guest Asian Men's Club

Young that time no gay sauna yet. But saw frens passing this card that says Asian Men's Club. 

Still wonder if it's a gay club.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.