Male HQ

Wat is ur dress code when taking a flight

Guest Guest

wear comfortably! but try not to wear slippers.

From safety perspective, in the event of emergency, you may lose your slippers during the process and your feet will be exposed to hazardous items.
I feel that it tends to get cold during the flight so will wear long pants no matter what. 
with polo t and sneakers. and wear jacket during the flight.
When arrived at beach destinations, I will dress down.

Individual habit i guess.

9 minutes ago, flyerboy88 said:

wear comfortably! but try not to wear slippers.

From safety perspective, in the event of emergency, you may lose your slippers during the process and your feet will be exposed to hazardous items.
I feel that it tends to get cold during the flight so will wear long pants no matter what. 
with polo t and sneakers. and wear jacket during the flight.
When arrived at beach destinations, I will dress down.

Individual habit i guess.

I agree. Good advice about the slippers, btw!  :clap:

It definitely tends to get cold on the plane so I will usually be in a long-sleeved polo shirt (with sleeves rolled up halfway), jeans, sneakers (with proper socks), and a vest jacket. 

I don't think there's a need to wear a tuxedo or a long-sleeved shirt and tie, but at the same time, you don't want to look like a village idiot by dressing too shabbily for your flight  :D

70143e3d65e5d5d7fc0bdc9f9eb8437b.jpg

Edited by CKW

Guest Guest

Anyone can understsnd why locals like to wear shorts and slippers on flight regardless of destination and type of airlines be it budget or commercial ??

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Anyone can understsnd why locals like to wear shorts and slippers on flight regardless of destination and type of airlines be it budget or commercial ??

Actually, it's not only S'poreans - I see more and more Caucasian westerners also dressing that way when they fly.

The answer I read somewhere is that in the old days, travelling on an aeroplane was a very big deal, and people actually made an effort to dress properly when they flew e.g. suit and tie for men.

But with budget airlines and increasing affluence, flying became commonplace* and it has lost its fascination for a lot of people. Taking a plane is now seen as nothing special for a lot of people, and the need to dress up for an airplane trip became unnecessary to many people.

*Just think of the age that your parents first took an airplane, compared to yours, and you'll get the picture  :D

original.jpg

Guest High SES
9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Singaporean loves to wear t shirt. Shorts and slipper when taking flight

Maybe your flying destinations are limited to Bangkok, Bali and KL.  Trying flying to Milan, Paris and further to see how Singaporeans wear before you comment next time. 

Guest Guest

Flying to KL Bali Bkk does not need to shorts and slippers right.  Seems like the plane is their private jet.

Dressing properly is a self respect ? I thought !

I'd usually wear something thick and comfy because it can get pretty cold in and out of the airports, depending on the arrival/departure location. 

If it's Singapore, I'll pre-empt and put bermudas/shorts/tee and shoes. But mostly some form of dressing haha

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

I will wear t-shirt, berm and sandals if I’m flying to BKK, Phuket or some beach places while wearing covered shoes, jackets and pants if my destination is cold, like NZ. Hmm, is there a dress code in flight?? 

Be cool, like a breeze...

Tee shirt and jeans! With a sweater in my hand-carry in case it gets too chilly (which seldom happens). But I find most planes tend to get quite warm after take-off nowadays.

I think staying comfy is most important ba. I had a work trip years ago and we had to dress in business formal to check in (shirt, tie, pants). Once we boarded we all changed into casual wear. So uncomfy to be in a shirt and pants, especially on a long-haul. 

Guest Baboon Butt-in
2 hours ago, Rhyn said:

But mostly some form of dressing haha

You meen zees? 

cdn01.cdn.justjared.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/anderson-butts/anthony-anderson-janelle-monae-bare-butts-01.jpg

I don't like to travel. The only 3 times I flew was 1) a birthday trip with BFF, 2) flew to Sarawak to look for my ex, and 3) flew to Bali to "celebrate" BFF's b-day.

During Trip 1 I wore what I've been used to wearing when I go to work: pants and t-shirt w covered shoes. same for Trip 2. Trip 3, however, I wore berms as sister and BFF suggested I don't wear so much as we're, after all, going to Bali. But it was so cold in the plane!  Should have stuck to what I am used to wearing. :/

I think clothing wise depends on destination. however i have concern regarding shoes.

so far i always wear covered shoes not formal ones but more like those hiking ones.  

however notice on flight it is very uncomfortable and it could be due to pressure legs get swollen

so end up i need to take off and just wear socks, but if go to toilet the sock may absorb urine and stuff on the floor

so i tot maybe its good to bring slipper to change on flight but wear back shoes when touching down.

What do u guys think?

Guest Guest
18 hours ago, Guest High SES said:

Maybe your flying destinations are limited to Bangkok, Bali and KL.  Trying flying to Milan, Paris and further to see how Singaporeans wear before you comment next time. 

True ... I just got back yesterday from Europe via SQ. Nobody wears shorts (t-shirt yes) in the long haul flight.

Also, strangely enough, if I am flying to BKK via SQ or say TG (commercial), chances of me wearing shors for SQ is lower compared to TG. Image maybe? 

I wonder if sloppy dressing in commercial flights will get you sub preferential treatment by the stewardesses...

Guest Guest

Short flight to nearby resort destinations probably tailored shorts or bermudas with a nice T or tank (to show off my muscles, hihi). Long haul and especially overnight flights will warrant track pants or joggers, sneakers and a nice T, even if I’m lucky enough to fly business or first. 

Guest Dress for destination

It depends if the destintion is cold at the time of arrival - destination, season - for me, that simple.

I don’t care what i look on the flight. I will wear the heaviest and thickest - coats, boots, floppy hats - on a flight to lighten my check-in luggage, allow space for my shopping hauls, protect them from being crushed, etc., especially when going europe during fall season. You wouldn’t want to walk out of the airport feeling cold.

So far only in changi airport will they ask you to take off your boots when going through security, so i will tie them loose first. None of the european airports - london, paris, venice, rome, naples, santorini, barcelona - have required me to do that!

Singapore is really stricter and more anal than the rest of developed world when it comes to security, even more so than countries with consistent terrorist attacks.

Guest Your Airport Fashion?
On 20/04/2018 at 10:41 PM, Guest Guest said:

Singaporean loves to wear t shirt. Shorts and slipper when taking flight

6ace66690ff14298a7991b134a8699c3.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSem8wUB4FhKhJ-99nDuzu

D51PI7FS00A70026NOS.jpg

bang5-15169344214301389242986.jpg

j1nv-fyscsmw1182360.jpg

Guest 大陆机场跑道”花生骚”?
10 minutes ago, Guest Your Airport Fashion? said:

6ace66690ff14298a7991b134a8699c3.jpeg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSem8wUB4FhKhJ-99nDuzu

D51PI7FS00A70026NOS.jpg

bang5-15169344214301389242986.jpg

j1nv-fyscsmw1182360.jpg

The last photo woman is wearing Dutch wooden clogs.

I imagine her kicking that off before she swooshes down the escape slide in an emergency water landing and them landing sharply on the head of the directing stewardess or passenger after her.

Conveniant for her. Dangerous for others.

Guest 大陆机场跑道“花生骚”?
Just now, Guest 大陆机场跑道”花生骚”? said:

I imagine her kicking that off before she swooshes down the escape slide in an emergency water landing and them landing sharply on the head of the directing stewardess or passenger after her.

Also i’m not convinced that 垃圾袋范儿 will be effective as a parachute or flotation device in water, but it sure looks like another potential fire hazard on a plane! 

Werk it, beeech.

Guest 大陸機場台客騷
19 minutes ago, Guest 大陆机场跑道”花生骚”? said:

1.  The last photo is not a woman.  All photos are the same guy 小虎隊的陳志朋

2.  With the wooden clogs floating, he can walk on water after emergency landing.

Guest 不不不 “她是侣的”
15 minutes ago, Guest 大陸機場台客騷 said:

1.  The last photo is not a woman.  All photos are the same guy 小虎隊的陳志朋

2.  With the wooden clogs floating, he can walk on water after emergency landing.

You might as well say he is “G-drag-on” from big bang.

Don't laugh at me.. I prefer to be comfy and to have less hassle when clearing immigration - no laced shoes, no belts, no multiple pockets on my pants..

I always wear sweat pants on board the planes -  regardless of the length of the flight. I do have T-shirt and light weight pullover (sometimes, a light scarf) and a pair of loafers to finish the ensemble.   

I find it hilarious to see overdressed passengers on board - they just remind me of Halloween and Christmas, combined in one.

Guest Lady Lala
9 minutes ago, abang said:

Don't laugh at me.. I prefer to be comfy and to have less hassle when clearing immigration - no laced shoes, no belts, no multiple pockets on my pants..

I always wear sweat pants on board the planes -  regardless of the length of the flight. I do have T-shirt and light weight pullover (sometimes, a light scarf) and a pair of loafers to finish the ensemble.   

I find it hilarious to see overdressed passengers on board - they just remind me of Halloween and Christmas, combined in one.

Some people just like to look "festive" in public all the time. It's not always a freak flag.

Guest Guest

I took commercial once and it was so stressfull...from then on...i always take private.

Back to topic, my creative directoe willl pick out what I wear...

Guest simple

flight being flight, not a fashion parade. I never wear belt, boots, clothes with metallic buttons, no watch, no necklace or accessories (except ring). had bad experiences with these things, some custom requires you to take off boots, belt. and still beep because of the buttons. so usually sport shoes, sweat pants or shorts, tee-shirt/hoodie.

I will usually be quite careful and not wear anything with metal on it.. sometimes I wear drawstring pants so I dont have to be bothered by taking out my belt for the scans.. i also will usually wear slippers. If unavoidable, I wear those SCDF velcro belts =)

I’m ocd, so avoiding metal (including shoe eyelets) makes sense cos I don’t wanna walk barefoot on the airport floor. I wear slip-on loafers so I can remove them without touching them (else I have to brave the cramped toilet to wash my hands) and put on the socks provided by the airline. I have to have those disposable socks cos no way am I placing my feet or socks on that foot rest hole (there may be all manner of fungi on that cushion padding). Joggers are good for minimising fussing with belt and zip whilst avoiding accidentally brushing up against the surfaces in the cabin toilet.

No specific dress code. Having said that, it also depends on your designation in a company.

Example: If you are a senior banker/headhunter in a MNC, you wouldn't want to be seen in tank top and flip flops in the plane.

I am nowhere there. Lol. But I still be in comfy clothes like t shirt and jeans and covered shoes. A sweater or cardigan is handy too. 

Guest not hiding

I wear a more casual looking nice shirt and longs pants and always get treated like a king...

You just receive more respect. same applies to checking in into a hotel...

Guest not hiding
On 22/04/2018 at 7:52 AM, Guest Dress for destination said:

It depends if the destintion is cold at the time of arrival - destination, season - for me, that simple.

I don’t care what i look on the flight. I will wear the heaviest and thickest - coats, boots, floppy hats - on a flight to lighten my check-in luggage, allow space for my shopping hauls, protect them from being crushed, etc., especially when going europe during fall season. You wouldn’t want to walk out of the airport feeling cold.

So far only in changi airport will they ask you to take off your boots when going through security, so i will tie them loose first. None of the european airports - london, paris, venice, rome, naples, santorini, barcelona - have required me to do that!

Singapore is really stricter and more anal than the rest of developed world when it comes to security, even more so than countries with consistent terrorist attacks.

it has nothing to do with stricter but boils down to the more powerful body scan equipment at European airports...

• 2 weeks later...

There is no dress code in the plane.  Just like there is no dress code in Orchard Road or our local market. You are free to dress anyway you like. 

Just remember, people will have an impression on you depending on how you dress yourself too. If you dress sloppily, then you project an image of a sloppily dressed man.  If you dress elegantly, then people sees you as an elegant man.  If you dress like a Christmas tree, then people see you as a Christmas tree man. Simple, no need a PHD to understand that.  You have a choice to how you want others to see you as.  

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

I don’t really care about what impression I give to other people in the plane as long as it is my personal trip. My comfort in the flight is the highest priority. 

For long flights like to Europe, I will try to wear a seasoned t-shirt & a stretchable pants plus slippers. Upon touching down, if I like, I may  change into something more presentable. 

I am those who don’t mind dressing poorly to an expensive restaurant. End of the day, what matters is I pay for the service 

• Guest locked this topic