Male HQ

Wearing compression shirts in the gym

pittsburgh

Hi guys, I wonder if anyone still wears compression t-shirts to work out in the gym. I seldom see guys wear it anymore and wonder if the fashion has declined. I have worn UA compression for every gym session for the past two years and have grown from size S to M. But I am always the only person in the entire gym who wears it consistently. I wonder if guys (straight/gay/trans) are too shy to wear or find UA to be too expensive or uncomfortable. Hope to hear about your own experiences or of seeing other guys wearing compression t-shirts.

12 minutes ago, doncoin said:

I wear them when I work out, but it really depends on the total outfit. Usually my rule of thumb is, if wearing a compression top, I will wear loose shorts and if I am wearing compression tights, I will wear a loose top. #proportions. 

Is this so that your guts and other stuff inside you can find relief moving to the uncompressed end?

That should be fun to watch...  

9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Is this so that your guts and other stuff inside you can find relief moving to the uncompressed end?

That should be fun to watch...  

Yup. Otherwise I will end up looking like a stuffed sausage. 

Love. 

10 hours ago, repressednerd said:

I had the impression UA was pretty much compression wear, considering that so many people look buff when they wear it. :blink:

Not really. They sell three types of fitting: compression, fitted and loose. And then you can choose sizes from S to 3XL.

Some guys (straight/gay/trans) buy 1-2 sizes larger, while others (like me) 1 size smaller.

And there are different cloth material like elastane, polyester, mesh and CoolSwitch.

To a certain extent, the cloth maketh one look buff and thus more confident and attractive. :p

Edited by pittsburgh

• 9 months later...

UA? 

it is so follow-the -footstep, till i dont even dare to step in

when males go out for appointments/dating in UA, i felt they r limited in their own choice of attire

i  m sorry to say locals have no better choice in fashion, they will just "follow"

UA and UA , if not superdry
(if not many just go out for dining or dating in their sports attire)

i never stepped into a superdry * (till i saw one when passing by orchard mandarin) , i liked its texture and design hence i bought it (at the back of mine, i kept thinking of many gays keep getting it, some jp lovers too)
i bought items is cos i luv how it feel (to touch), its concept, it spells my characteristic hence i bought that
not cos UA means a lifestyle, UA means men's clothing for gym and blended well into normal (non-gym activities) too
it makes the matter worst, when one , at one go, purchase more, as now more shops offer u even more discount if u purchase 3-4 at one go
So it tells me one purchase the item due to financial gains, not cos the compression works well than any other brands

*: it is not a jp brand , by the way

I used to wear compression top for my gym. I was told it helps in muscle recovery. However, I found it to be restrictive at the neck area and hot too. I am afraid of heat and the air-condition is not strong enough to train comfortable.:D So now I would wear compression over my gym shorts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/31/2018 at 9:36 AM, pittsburgh said:

Not really. They sell three types of fitting: compression, fitted and loose. And then you can choose sizes from S to 3XL.

Some guys (straight/gay/trans) buy 1-2 sizes larger, while others (like me) 1 size smaller.

And there are different cloth material like elastane, polyester, mesh and CoolSwitch.

To a certain extent, the cloth maketh one look buff and thus more confident and attractive. :p

I also like to wear smaller size. When wearing smaller size can show off every muscles in body easily. The look of envy and jealousy and praise of others made me smile the whole day lol. Under Armour i always choose small size. Wearing it make me very hot at room temperature but i do feel more comfortable when sweating it out in compression tights than other shirts. But my interest in compression tights is only short lived. I feel uncomfortable and very hot again the moment i stop exercise and to wear it and taking it out requires much more effort than normal shirts. Nowadays when jogging with my friends i rather go topless without any shirt to discomfort me.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.