Male HQ

How did you cruise back in the day? 00s,90s,80s

Guest Chinese uncle

It's funny, during the Hong Lim Park days, sex was more exciting because it's more forbidden and desperate. It's do or die and fuck like there's no tomorrow. It's before Aids.

I'll spend my weekends nights at the back lanes getting screwed by men. The desperation and animal lusts of being pumped to the wall...The used tissues papers...bang,wham,thank you man.

Guest Besonen
1 hour ago, Hungchubbb said:

Before saunas, IRC and dating apps, how and where would one cruise?

Where would PLUs hook up?, Esp in a less tolerant time

No hi tech means many old cruisy places were protected.  With high tech and all these places dissappeared to make way for high tech "uncruisable" buildings.   To answer to your question, hook up happened in crusiing places (Parks, toilet,  malls, stadium, reservoir, cinema,  swimming pool), and just that.  Not complicated isn't it?   In those days, people fight war on the ground and not thru computer.  All the happenings were real from sight, sense and sex and from mosquito bite in the park, the stench in the toilet, the noise in the mall and the chilling air at night.  The world became a dark maze for you to explore by your instinct and most people know where to find their prey.  You can't have those experiences now, not in the chat room or gay sites. Not even in BW forum will you ever encounter those days again.

Guest concern

So you mean you get to find lots of date on gay app lah! And then out of 10, 9 are successful rate of engaging in sex! Or anyone found any true love in the latest technology app etc! Please Share!

For those who are interested, please see Roy Tan, "Photo Essay: A Brief History of Early Gay Venues in Singapore" in Audrey Yue and Jun Zubillaga-Pow (eds.), Queer Singapore: Illiberal Citizenship and Mediated Cultures, Hong Kong University Press, 2012, pp. 117-148. The book is available at the NLB.

Guest Dino

In the early 1990s, I spent from weekend nights cruising in Jurassic Park: the entire area from Boat Quay to Amoy Street and Ang Siang Hill.

50 minutes ago, Guest Besonen said:

The world became a dark maze for you to explore by your instinct and most people know where to find their prey. 

You deserve a medal for this alone. *salute*

I had never experienced the pre-Grindr world so I couldn't imagine the courage you people had to take back in the days. If you like someone you just have to go grab their crotch and hope they're gay and won't beat the shit out of you I suppose haha....

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Funchub

Pearl Center. Just enter the toilet at lvl 2 (near BK) and almost all the guys inside are cruisers. Even the massage girls will say loudly that 'he is gay' when i ignore them to walk to the toilet. The staircase there also quite happening, got fully naked a few times. Just park car. Mostly uncles but that was my fetish. The smaller toilets also very cruise, almost every time I enter, someone will follow and we have a good time.

Nowadays most mall have security.. Just the other day, I just finish giving an uncle a blowjob, security was waiting outside the toilet but did not do anything. He gave me look like give me chance. Most likely tenant complain and he no choice need to check it out. Although cruising is very exciting not worth the risk of getting caught. Also with Cctv most likely have your face on the security board for ppl to look out for.

3 hours ago, Guest Funchub said:

Pearl Center. Just enter the toilet at lvl 2 (near BK) and almost all the guys inside are cruisers. Even the massage girls will say loudly that 'he is gay' when i ignore them to walk to the toilet. The staircase there also quite happening, got fully naked a few times. Just park car. Mostly uncles but that was my fetish. The smaller toilets also very cruise, almost every time I enter, someone will follow and we have a good time.

Nowadays most mall have security.. Just the other day, I just finish giving an uncle a blowjob, security was waiting outside the toilet but did not do anything. He gave me look like give me chance. Most likely tenant complain and he no choice need to check it out. Although cruising is very exciting not worth the risk of getting caught. Also with Cctv most likely have your face on the security board for ppl to look out for.

Lucky chinatown ar?

Guest Chinese uncle

Last time before 1990s, it's very secretive. Very few would know about cruising. Therefore, those who cruise are regulars from words of mouth.

We know each other only from sight but seldom by names. It's like anonymous guests here. We will chat about who met who and where do what. But later got live actions, not talk only.

I'll go to my regular spots in the back lanes and they'll be waiting for me. A few will act lookout, I'll wait, one will approach and loosen my pants. He'll turn me around, brace me against the wall, spread my legs wide, finger my washed and already lubricated hole and penetrate me from behind.

When he's finished, we'll clean up with tissues. The next one will take over. Nobody is choosy because there's very little choice. 

There's seldom those ah guas here because these ah guas can earn real money at Johor Road, Desker Road and Changi. They cater to a different richer group. Here we are all rough poor worker class.

Guest sucks

Just being nosey! I think the wild fishes back in those days are mainly longkang breed! Maybe because too young to realise what near perfect were, so most of the time i was in the pool scooping tapoles. Does lucky chinatown imports better cod or salmon during the late 90s.

Guest an old man
On 6/2/2018 at 5:48 PM, repressednerd said:

Hong Lim Park

oh yes i missed hong lim park!

想当年... i visit hong lim park almost on a daily basis

8pm go walk walk, find a empty bench and sit there, see see look look

if see someone u like then go ahead and try to signal him

this is where i met robert, brought him to hotel81 (during then only need 1 IC)

i check in, call him tell him the room no. he come up fuck me hard and we left.

shiok....

Guest Blank

If I'm not mistaken, I've read a thread before that in the old days, gays don't even have sex because they don't know much about it. Most, if not all, will only kiss, blow jobs and nothing much more. 

Anyone can clarify? 

Guest Carrot
33 minutes ago, Guest an old man said:

oh yes i missed hong lim park!

想当年... i visit hong lim park almost on a daily basis

8pm go walk walk, find a empty bench and sit there, see see look look

if see someone u like then go ahead and try to signal him

this is where i met robert, brought him to hotel81 (during then only need 1 IC)

i check in, call him tell him the room no. he come up fuck me hard and we left.

shiok....

Where is Robert now?

Imho, cruising in the 70s and 80s reached its most intense height.  This is so because there were no gay apps for hooking up, no gay private meeting places like saunas etc.

There were many very active cruising places where one could smell the scent of sex the moment you enter and the long list reads like a who's who directory:

1)   Queen Elizabeth Walk (the royal highness of all cruising places)

2)   Hong Lim Park where the queens of the Chinese-speaking community converge nightly

3)   OCBC Centre where nightly clandestine meetings occur

4)   The unoccupied shophouses of Boat Quay and Circular Road - the backlanes smelled of sperm (and urine) and the drains were sometimes strewn with used condoms

5)   Katong Park and the public toilets (also sometimes spilled into the washrooms at the lobby of the old Ambassador Hotel)

6)   Changi Beach - where we hooked up with the Changi Hunks comprising horny young army boys mostly

7)  All of the major shopping centres the most popular of which were Plaza Singapura, Shaw Centre, Shaw Plaza

8)  The many public toilets especially cruisy were the ones at Chulia Street bus terminals (in the 50s and 60s), Clark Quay, corner of Elgin Bridge, the one at the backlane off Tg Pagar

Rd, and one that still exists today - Balestier Road market though it is no longer cruisy.

9)  Swimming pools - River Valley was the Queen of Swimming Pools, but I personally prefer Yan Kit and Farrer Park.  Because my family had membership of Singapore Chinese Swimming Club, I cruised there too and believe me, there were many horny swimmers there needing to offload their sperm-filled balls.  Some of these were with families and children.

10)  Cinemas like Odeon, Diamond (if you are into Indian men), and Jubilee.

and the list goes on and on.  The 50s to the 80s were the reign of cruisers ... I often reminisce those glorious days.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Besonen
On 6/2/2018 at 8:05 PM, derryfawne said:

You deserve a medal for this alone. *salute*

I had never experienced the pre-Grindr world so I couldn't imagine the courage you people had to take back in the days. If you like someone you just have to go grab their crotch and hope they're gay and won't beat the shit out of you I suppose haha....

Straight people don't often go to those "places", thus it is unlikely you will grab the wrong crotch. Besides, in the old days, you always see familiar (regular) gay faces and they served as "guide" for you to know where, when and whose crotch is grabable.  PLUs in those days, have very sharp intinct they won't miss every potential target.  The only danger is police disguised as gay to catch you (now they are not allow to do it), other than that it is always safe to grab crotch.  You can't say the same for new generations of gay.

Guest Besonen
2 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

Imho, cruising in the 70s and 80s reached its most intense height.  This is so because there were no gay apps for hooking up, no gay private meeting places like saunas etc.

There were many very active cruising places where one could smell the scent of sex the moment you enter and the long list reads like a who's who directory:

2)   Hong Lim Park where the queens of the Chinese-speaking community converge nightly

4)   The unoccupied shophouses of Boat Quay and Circular Road - the backlanes smelled of sperm (and urine) and the drains were sometimes strewn with used condoms

5)   Katong Park and the public toilets (also sometimes spilled into the washrooms at the lobby of the old Ambassador Hotel)

6)   Changi Beach - where we hooked up with the Changi Hunks comprising horny young army boys mostly

7)  All of the major shopping centres the most popular of which were Plaza Singapura, Shaw Centre, Shaw Plaza

8)  The many public toilets especially cruisy were the ones at Chulia Street bus terminals (in the 50s and 60s), Clark Quay, corner of Elgin Bridge, the one at the backlane off Tg Pagar

Rd, and one that still exists today - Balestier Road market though it is no longer cruisy.

9)  Swimming pools - River Valley was the Queen of Swimming Pools, but I personally prefer Yan Kit and Farrer Park.  Because my family had membership of Singapore Chinese Swimming Club, I cruised there too and believe me, there were many horny swimmers there needing to offload their sperm-filled balls.  Some of these were with families and children.

and the list goes on and on.  The 50s to the 80s were the reign of cruisers ... I often reminisce those glorious days.

The camaraderie was there too.  Once you hooked up someone and after ONS, it often followed by a brief chat with the person who will willingly disclose which other places are cruisy.  It was thru such "networking" of informations, one place led to another and eventually certain places became a cruisy "gay hub". Cruising can be very addictive if you hit the wrong place at the right time and often you see they same guys  loitering in the same spot from noon to evening.

Guest Besonen
4 hours ago, Guest Blank said:

If I'm not mistaken, I've read a thread before that in the old days, gays don't even have sex because they don't know much about it. Most, if not all, will only kiss, blow jobs and nothing much more. 

Anyone can clarify? 

Not true, they wanted sex but can't find a suitable place nearby.  If someone got car, than will drive to heavily forested park or multi-storey quiet car park.  Tourist will invite you to their hotel room (me three times).  Others invite you to their home,  under the dark stairways,  toilets (mostly) because Singapore was less populated and easy to find very big and quiet toilet, office building...etc and top of the list is FORD ROAD (the naked gay beach).   Now hard to find less crowded places in Singapore.   Those days are long gone if anyone is still curious about finding quiet gay spot in Singapore.

Guest concern

Why is it that location by the name katong park, katong pool and katong beach area are so contagious among! And it even goes all the way to the carpark at the service road toilet! Was it a historical lgbt war happened around there many centuries ago! Please share!

Public toilets in Singapore: gay aspects

Public toilets in any major city see their fair share of surreptitious gay cruising activity and Singapore is no exception. In fact, Singapore's warm, balmy weather all year round seems to facilitate it. However, with the relative official tolerance of gay saunas since the late 1990s, coupled with the existence of many open air cruising grounds and opportunities for online hookups even though male gay sex remains illegal in the republic with the retention of Section 377A of the Penal Code, the amount of toilet cruising has witnessed a significant reduction since the early 2010s.

Historical

Public toilets, especially the heavily patronised one just inland of the Singapore River where the flow of human traffic was the greatest as the area was the busiest hive of economic activity on the island since its early history, were thought to be the first local venues where gay men could meet. They therefore hold the ignominious distinction of being the cradle of the nascent gay community in Singapore.

The most well known public toilet was the rectangular structure with the most unique location of any loo in Singapore - it was situated smack in the middle of North Canal Road and South Canal Road at their junction with Chulia Street, next to OCBC building. It was known colloquially in Hokkien as "sang chai tang" and also lay next to the Hock Lee Bus Terminus where one- and two-digit number bus services eg. 4, 8 and 19, ended their journey. It therefore was the final stop for commuters from all over Singapore due to its central location. The toilet's proximity to Hong Lim Park may also explain why the latter became Singapore's first well known cruising ground, both locally and internationally, and the first Singaporean gay venue to be listed in the Spartacus International Gay Guide.

The public convenience was not only used by bus drivers and conductors after their shift, but also by alighting passengers and homosexual men from around the island. When Hong Lim Park became a well known gay cruising area shortly before the 1960s, homosexuals had an additional venue to adjourn to after visiting the toilet. During the 1960s, the toilet still relied on the bucket system for the disposal of human waste so it stank to high heaven. Thus, if any gay men were loitering in it for a prolonged period of time, they would yearn for the fresh air of nearby Hong Lim Park. This furnished the park with an added attraction.

The neighbouring back alleys parallel to the right bank of Boat Quay (looking downstream) also became popular nocturnal haunts for gay cruisers when the area was a row of derelict buildings, deserted and unused from 1983 to 1989. Such activities stopped when Boat Quay was gentrified in the 1990s and designated a conservation area housing restaurants, cafes, bars and small shops.

The public toilet at Chulia Street was demolished in the mid-1980s, just before the massive redevelopment of Raffles Place. Subsequently, people who needed to relieve themselves had to head for the nearest one which was located at Hong Lim Park and this loo experienced a rise in cruising activity as a result of this.

SouthCanalRoadToilet001 SouthCanalRoadToilet002 SouthCanalRoadToilet003 HockLeeBus004

The following public toilet along Clarke Quay had a unique structure but it was not known to be popular for cruising activity, presumably because its location was not at the crossroads of human traffic like the structure described above.

ClarkeQuayToilet001 ClarkeQuayToilet002

Damn right dudes.  Gonna be my fortune that my first expat to singapore was during the period when fort road was damn hot and sweaty.  

Remembered my apartment was just along meyer road, didnt realize how damn cruisy the place was till i went jogging one night and damn, i was hooked.  My wife never suspected any as i am always in just singlet and shorts or topless jogging.  Damn love the feeling of being sucked everyday and the asses that i have pleasured.

Guest jack

So had you planned any vacation to singapore for another katong water spree! You can flex your muscles now outside car window! But a little advices to bring insects repellent before flexing, as it will paused your foreman muscle flexing by scratching here and there!

20 hours ago, Guest Besonen said:

Not true, they wanted sex but can't find a suitable place nearby.  If someone got car, than will drive to heavily forested park or multi-storey quiet car park.  Tourist will invite you to their hotel room (me three times).  Others invite you to their home,  under the dark stairways,  toilets (mostly) because Singapore was less populated and easy to find very big and quiet toilet, office building...etc and top of the list is FORD ROAD (the naked gay beach).   Now hard to find less crowded places in Singapore.   Those days are long gone if anyone is still curious about finding quiet gay spot in Singapore.

and not forgetting that the care-taker of the Balestier Market toilet would rent his little room for $2 per fuck. the care-taker was an old man in his late 50s and sometimes when the night is quiet, he would offer his own cock for the taking.  i had given him handjobs on several occasions. one rainy night when the place was quiet and i was stuck there, he actually strip me and rimmed me until i begged for mercy.  he didn't enter me though but we were in a 69 position and i shook him till he orgased all over my face.

All in sex is fair.

17 hours ago, groyn88 said:

Public toilets in Singapore: gay aspects

Public toilets in any major city see their fair share of surreptitious gay cruising activity and Singapore is no exception. In fact, Singapore's warm, balmy weather all year round seems to facilitate it. However, with the relative official tolerance of gay saunas since the late 1990s, coupled with the existence of many open air cruising grounds and opportunities for online hookups even though male gay sex remains illegal in the republic with the retention of Section 377A of the Penal Code, the amount of toilet cruising has witnessed a significant reduction since the early 2010s.

Historical

Public toilets, especially the heavily patronised one just inland of the Singapore River where the flow of human traffic was the greatest as the area was the busiest hive of economic activity on the island since its early history, were thought to be the first local venues where gay men could meet. They therefore hold the ignominious distinction of being the cradle of the nascent gay community in Singapore.

The most well known public toilet was the rectangular structure with the most unique location of any loo in Singapore - it was situated smack in the middle of North Canal Road and South Canal Road at their junction with Chulia Street, next to OCBC building. It was known colloquially in Hokkien as "sang chai tang" and also lay next to the Hock Lee Bus Terminus where one- and two-digit number bus services eg. 4, 8 and 19, ended their journey. It therefore was the final stop for commuters from all over Singapore due to its central location. The toilet's proximity to Hong Lim Park may also explain why the latter became Singapore's first well known cruising ground, both locally and internationally, and the first Singaporean gay venue to be listed in the Spartacus International Gay Guide.

The public convenience was not only used by bus drivers and conductors after their shift, but also by alighting passengers and homosexual men from around the island. When Hong Lim Park became a well known gay cruising area shortly before the 1960s, homosexuals had an additional venue to adjourn to after visiting the toilet. During the 1960s, the toilet still relied on the bucket system for the disposal of human waste so it stank to high heaven. Thus, if any gay men were loitering in it for a prolonged period of time, they would yearn for the fresh air of nearby Hong Lim Park. This furnished the park with an added attraction.

The neighbouring back alleys parallel to the right bank of Boat Quay (looking downstream) also became popular nocturnal haunts for gay cruisers when the area was a row of derelict buildings, deserted and unused from 1983 to 1989. Such activities stopped when Boat Quay was gentrified in the 1990s and designated a conservation area housing restaurants, cafes, bars and small shops.

The public toilet at Chulia Street was demolished in the mid-1980s, just before the massive redevelopment of Raffles Place. Subsequently, people who needed to relieve themselves had to head for the nearest one which was located at Hong Lim Park and this loo experienced a rise in cruising activity as a result of this.

SouthCanalRoadToilet001 SouthCanalRoadToilet002 SouthCanalRoadToilet003 HockLeeBus004

The following public toilet along Clarke Quay had a unique structure but it was not known to be popular for cruising activity, presumably because its location was not at the crossroads of human traffic like the structure described above.

ClarkeQuayToilet001 ClarkeQuayToilet002

Tks for this article ... brings back many fond memories for me.  Although the article says the public toilet at Clarke Quay was less popular as a cruising venue, I had my fair share of fun there with those muscular macho labourers who worked in the nearby warehouses.  Often at the end of the working day, they would head there for their baths.  Many are horny fellows are are more than willing to entertain anyone with a willing mouth.

All in sex is fair.

Guest Blank
21 hours ago, Guest Besonen said:

Didn't know it was so cruisy and there's a naked gay beach? Seems like gays are more daring in the past!

17 hours ago, whitedick said:

Damn right dudes.  Gonna be my fortune that my first expat to singapore was during the period when fort road was damn hot and sweaty.  

Remembered my apartment was just along meyer road, didnt realize how damn cruisy the place was till i went jogging one night and damn, i was hooked.  My wife never suspected any as i am always in just singlet and shorts or topless jogging.  Damn love the feeling of being sucked everyday and the asses that i have pleasured.

Are you gay or straight? Why did you have a wife if you're gay? 

On 6/4/2018 at 9:52 AM, kimlo777 said:

So exciting!!

Those were diff times.

Practise hunting. Toilets, back alleys, cars, Shenton Way offices. Sometimes when i cant sleep i recall  1 by 1 the malls ive cruised in Orchard. Starting fr Wheelock all the way to Esplanade.

15 minutes ago, auscent said:

Those were diff times.

Practise hunting. Toilets, back alleys, cars, Shenton Way offices. Sometimes when i cant sleep i recall  1 by 1 the malls ive cruised in Orchard. Starting fr Wheelock all the way to Esplanade.

in those days there was no wheelock place!  wheelock opened in 1993.

All in sex is fair.

Guest Hi Audrey
6 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

in those days there was no wheelock place!  wheelock opened in 1993.

Can still walk from wheelock place down to lucky plaza , to centerpoint , plaza singapura, raffles city to esplanade.

He may not mean all at the same time period or all necessarily for cruising for sex.

On 6/5/2018 at 9:41 AM, kimlo777 said:

Tks for this article ... brings back many fond memories for me.  Although the article says the public toilet at Clarke Quay was less popular as a cruising venue, I had my fair share of fun there with those muscular macho labourers who worked in the nearby warehouses.  Often at the end of the working day, they would head there for their baths.  Many are horny fellows are are more than willing to entertain anyone with a willing mouth. 

Thanks for the invaluable information, Kimlo777! I have entered it into the article:

https://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.wikia.com/wiki/Public_toilets_in_Singapore%3A_gay_aspects

"The following public toilet along Clarke Quay had a unique hexagonal design and was also a magnet for gay cruisers but it was not as iconic and well patronised as the structure described above, presumably because its location was not at the crossroads of human traffic like the structure described above.

One late middle-aged (in the late 2010s) gay man reminisced about his share of fun there with the muscular, macho labourers who worked in nearby warehouses. Often, at the end of the daily grind, they would head there for their baths. Many were horny after a hard day's toil and more than willing to entertain anyone with a willing mouth."

I hope more of you will share detailed anecdotal experiences which can be used to beef up these articles and provide a comprehensive account of our history. :)

Balestier Market

The elongated, rectangular-shaped public toilet next to Balestier Market, which is now a 24-hour food court, was one of the most popular cruising spots in the city fringe area during the latter half of the 20th century and the only structure still extant today.
BalestierToilet001 BalestierToilet002a
The original building, where one entered the toilet free-of-charge via a long, whitewashed, walled corridor on the left (looking from Balestier Road), was extensively renovated in the late 1990s. It was revamped to the current modern design where entry is gained via a turnstile on the right and whose internal layout is completely different. The original toilet encompassed both a male and a female section but only the male portion, which made up the right half, was packed with men at night.

From the 1960s to the 1990s, many homosexual men used to loiter in a line against the wall along the elongated entrance nocturnally from 10pm onwards. The crowd was especially dense on a Saturday night. Closeted gay professionals, like the mildly effeminate head of a medical department at Alexandra Hospital, were sporadically spotted there in the 1990s. After cruising, patrons could adjourn to the back alley between the toilet and the market for a breather, or perhaps some discrete open-air cruising.

One gay cruiser graphically recalls that the caretaker of the loo would rent his little room, which was located at the front of the toilet, for $2 per sex session. The guardian was an old man in his late 50s and sometimes when the night was quiet, he would offer his own loins for the taking and the cruiser obliged him with hand jobs on several occasions. One rainy night, when the cruiser was stuck there, the elderly man actually stripped and rimmed him until he begged for mercy. He was not penetrated, though, but they assumed a 69 position and he masturbated the caretaker till he ejaculated all over his face.

Others

Other less well known but also quite cruisy roadside public toilets which have now been demolished include the one at the corner of Elgin Bridge and another along the backlane off Tanjong Pagar Road.

Edited by groyn88

Guest Guest

I use to cruise once very 2 or 3 months in the late 90s and early 2000s. My cruise was the 3 day 2 night cruise aboard Superstar Virgo. I remembered the staff and food were great!

Guest Walkathon
22 hours ago, auscent said:

Those were diff times.

You must be very fit ... considering the long hours of walking. Lol

6 hours ago, groyn88 said:

Thanks for the invaluable information, Kimlo777! I have entered it into the article:

https://the-singapore-lgbt-encyclopaedia.wikia.com/wiki/Public_toilets_in_Singapore%3A_gay_aspects

"The following public toilet along Clarke Quay had a unique hexagonal design and was also a magnet for gay cruisers but it was not as iconic and well patronised as the structure described above, presumably because its location was not at the crossroads of human traffic like the structure described above.

One late middle-aged (in the late 2010s) gay man reminisced about his share of fun there with the muscular, macho labourers who worked in nearby warehouses. Often, at the end of the daily grind, they would head there for their baths. Many were horny after a hard day's toil and more than willing to entertain anyone with a willing mouth."

I hope more of you will share detailed anecdotal experiences which can be used to beef up these articles and provide a comprehensive account of our history. :)

Balestier Market

The elongated, rectangular-shaped public toilet next to Balestier Market, which is now a 24-hour food court, was one of the most popular cruising spots in the city fringe area during the latter half of the 20th century and the only structure still extant today.
BalestierToilet001 BalestierToilet002a
The original building, where one entered the toilet free-of-charge via a long, whitewashed, walled corridor on the left (looking from Balestier Road), was extensively renovated in the late 1990s. It was revamped to the current modern design where entry is gained via a turnstile on the right and whose internal layout is completely different. The original toilet encompassed both a male and a female section but only the male portion, which made up the right half, was packed with men at night.

From the 1960s to the 1990s, many homosexual men used to loiter in a line against the wall along the elongated entrance nocturnally from 10pm onwards. The crowd was especially dense on a Saturday night. Closeted gay professionals, like the mildly effeminate head of a medical department at Alexandra Hospital, were sporadically spotted there in the 1990s. After cruising, patrons could adjourn to the back alley between the toilet and the market for a breather, or perhaps some discrete open-air cruising.

One gay cruiser graphically recalls that the caretaker of the loo would rent his little room, which was located at the front of the toilet, for $2 per sex session. The guardian was an old man in his late 50s and sometimes when the night was quiet, he would offer his own loins for the taking and the cruiser obliged him with hand jobs on several occasions. One rainy night, when the cruiser was stuck there, the elderly man actually stripped and rimmed him until he begged for mercy. He was not penetrated, though, but they assumed a 69 position and he masturbated the caretaker till he ejaculated all over his face.

Others

Other less well known but also quite cruisy roadside public toilets which have now been demolished include the one at the corner of Elgin Bridge and another along the backlane off Tanjong Pagar Road.

There was another less cruisy public toilet along Merchant Road that serves the labourers working along Alkaff Quay and workers from Ellenborough Market.  There was some random action here but then again, it was often hit or miss.  But it was my favourite place for ogling the ripped bodies of the labourers who bathed there completely in the nude.  They were not ashamed of showing off their well-shaped bodies.  Interestingly, this was the place where I met one of my first labourer friends whom I serviced regularly about once in a fortnight for several years until the place was demolished.  The National Archives has a photograph of this particular toilet which was recorded as having been demolished in the early 1970s.

69f4ca10-6302-4735-acbe-d1443f7fee0e.jpg

All in sex is fair.

45 minutes ago, kimlo777 said:

There was another less cruisy public toilet along Merchant Road that serves the labourers working along Alkaff Quay and workers from Ellenborough Market.  There was some random action here but then again, it was often hit or miss.  But it was my favourite place for ogling the ripped bodies of the labourers who bathed there completely in the nude.  They were not ashamed of showing off their well-shaped bodies.  Interestingly, this was the place where I met one of my first labourer friends whom I serviced regularly about once in a fortnight for several years until the place was demolished.  The National Archives has a photograph of this particular toilet which was recorded as having been demolished in the early 1970s.

69f4ca10-6302-4735-acbe-d1443f7fee0e.jpg

Thanks, Kimlo77! I shall add these juicy tidbits of information to the article. :)

Guest Truth be told!

Thing started to change in the early 2000s and begun to move very fast that "wipe out" almost every gay spot we could possibly find. Capitalism became Singapore priority,  foreign investors tore down gay cruisy places for loud fanciful malls, high-end condominiums,  SMRT and high express ways.     New Chapter begun with gay saunas springing up everywhere to tap the sexual need of much deprived gay people.  Cruising days in the wild side has dwindled into a few cruisy toilets and swimming pool. Singapore population doubled "overnight", and came with it the mega churches on the rise and its interference into almost every sectors of Singapore instituion. Starting from Lawrence Khong's anti LGBT church, hate speech spread like fire, and Singapore secular institution were raided by fundamentalist Christianity but did not succeed due to push back by LGBT which make headlines for months.   The same period, pink dot event was born and the rest became history......

2 more public toilets that were very cruisy just came to mind and I am sure the older members of this forum will remember them too:

1)   Jalan Kubor public toilet located just outside the walls of the old Muslim cemetery.  Free sex almost all days of the week and this was where I has my first taste  of an Arab cock. 

2)   The 'cafe'  was what we nicknamed it and it was located just behind the old Chung Khiaw Bank building at the corner of Short & Selegie Road. For a while, in recent years, the ground floor of the building was leased out to a popular cafe, ironically. 

All in sex is fair.

Guest I meant it

Cruisy place does not mean it is hot, full of happenings and almost always busy with gay people.  The whole of Singapore will be cruisy if a place is considered cruisy just by one accidental sex encounter.   We need to define specifically what "cruisy" means here:

1)   Places that are always nearly packed with gay, throughout the day, and more obvious during the night

2)   Places that almost all gay people are familiar and will always agreed to be cruisy

3)   Places that became talk of the town, among gay comrades, sometimes made news in Singapore and also awared by gay tourists.

4)   Places that will first hit your priority to visit when you are horny

5)   Places that is quite additive where you have at least few sex encounters and still spoilt for choices to pick and choose the next available person there.

6)  Places where during a few meters radian of the surroundings, you noticed you are not the only one standing or walking around and the toilet nearby is always being occupied.

You can have more to add if you know what I meant.

对不起, 不要笑骂我这个喜欢给洋人折腾的傻B

想当年, 老饼也有一点姿色/知识的时候就常留/流连乌节路。无他,就是钓洋人。当时年少无知, 看到极品的洋菜就扑过去 - 希望得到一个“大雕”的怜爱。 在当年, 会说很溜英语的人不多,所以对洋人有点“害怕”。 可想而知, 当时的世界是有多“封闭”。

The walkway outside Hilton and Forum Hotel were the places to meet Westerners. There were always horny tourists there, looking for some social activities.  

我不大喜欢去芳林公园 那一区。 当时的我是个大近视 (后来去调整了), 对黑暗有莫名的恐惧。  偶尔会去看看有没有洋人。。不过记忆中, 机会/聚会少之又少。  不过,去芳林有个好处 - 就是对面的小贩中心。  那是, 吃一碗馄饨面是个极大的享受。

I enjoy the open-air food stalls across Hong Lim Park.  I don't like venturing the park itself much as I am much too short-sighted and I dislike darkness.

Of course, I cannot mention enough of that grand old dame, Fort Road.  就是喜欢脱嘛.。那里就是可以赤裸裸给你看个包/饱。。每个周末, 我都会带着大学的讲义去那里温习 - 真是“一举两得”。。把两件事(读书和肉欲), 一次过解决 - 太牛逼了。所以现在的小朋友,你们要善用时间呀!

Guest 不说不知
2 hours ago, abang said:

对不起, 不要笑骂我这个喜欢给洋人折腾的傻B

想当年, 老饼也有一点姿色/知识的时候就常留/流连乌节路。无他,就是钓洋人。 在当年, 会说很溜英语的人不多,所以对洋人有点“害怕”。 可想而知, 当时的世界是有多“封闭”。 我不大喜欢去芳林公园 那一区。

在这圈子里,就有听说以前某些人看不起本地货 却喜欢在洋人老外前班门弄斧望寻 个有钱爹。原来你就是其一人闻所避的那贱货。

谢谢的高举。。我有幸能把自己“推销”出去。。做“外交”而不“滥交”。

老外没包袱。。行事方便点。。我当时以就业,所以不是向“钱”看。

老饼不在乎高档的餐厅啦。。炒粿条, 萝卜糕, Teh Tarik 是我的挚爱。

我本身没有“贬低”自己人, 只是比较与洋人“好沟通”,“不乱吃干醋”吧啦。

我也有跟华人, 马来人,甚至印度人聚会。。只是几率较少而已。

看我都能用中文书写 - 所以我不是一个“见异思迁”的人 - 我还懂得“礼义廉耻”的。

Guest I have lived
On 6/5/2018 at 9:48 AM, Guest Blank said:

Didn't know it was so cruisy and there's a naked gay beach? Seems like gays are more daring in the past!

Ahhh, yes!!  Ford road, the one place where gay baptism took place.  It is so secluded  some guts were needed  to go by day and the brave soul to enter by night. 

This gay nirvana, stretches from miles on end, smacked strategically between the tail of East CoastBeach and the Singapore city skylines. To get to the beach, a brief inconveniences are to be expected on this reclaimed land.   The forest covered every corner of the unused landscape you thought it was ancient. Without the seasoned footpath along muddy soil, made by regular gay feet on dry day, you would be lost fumbling through the thorny shrubs, sniffing for air of ocean, as guide to the bank of the naked sun sand beach. 

Along its mosquito infested, forested bank,  lonewolf put up tents or hammock and lay themselves naked to dry, sometime suggestively and mostly free sex invitation.  Used condoms were littered everywhere on the forest floor, leaves little to the imagination. Nothing is being held back. To appear shy, you became a walking naïve statement in place where people laughed and merry in the ocean wearing nothing.   

Soaking under the clear blue sky, waves lapping loudly along the clean shores while distant ships waited to enter SingaporeSea for cargo unloading, you felt like home, runaway from home or avoiding anything from life full of cares.   It is a soothing hideout that nobody bothers you, nor care what you did there.  You yearned for a time freeze, so you could stay there forever and be who you are.

The Ford Road gay beach, is an important gay place interfered not by laws,  but born out its own nature, and your mere existence. What you did there, is yours only to bring home as remembrance……

Guest concern

I think katong park was still a place where unauthorized night performers or late night movie busters, catching thrills. Re sellable tickets entry for back stage passes can be self redeemed for patrons, after clubbing, acted tired taxi driver just feeling horny and all sorts etc. The benches along walking into the end park are for the cat a seats, getting the first hands raw image of super models coming in and out. A place to feel like a glamour red carpet with even dogs handler coming at the wee hours of the night. Though there might be residential so nearby, it seems that those staying there were early sleepers, seemingly awared about the nature of inhabitant. A place to find love though for the more passionate candidate before heading further to the jungle zone.

5 hours ago, abang said:

谢谢的高举。。我有幸能把自己“推销”出去。。做“外交”而不“滥交”。

老外没包袱。。行事方便点。。我当时以就业,所以不是向“钱”看。

老饼不在乎高档的餐厅啦。。炒粿条, 萝卜糕, Teh Tarik 是我的挚爱。

我本身没有“贬低”自己人, 只是比较与洋人“好沟通”,“不乱吃干醋”吧啦。

我也有跟华人, 马来人,甚至印度人聚会。。只是几率较少而已。

看我都能用中文书写 - 所以我不是一个“见异思迁”的人 - 我还懂得“礼义廉耻”的。

就因为有你这种所谓懂得“礼义廉耻”的知识分子才让有些洋人更加看不起我们。他们总是拿你们这些败类来做文章。

别人还可以说无知,你是奴隶性难改,心甘情愿做洋人的狗奴才。还敢在这里炫耀,简直是狗奴才以主人为荣。

你恨你爹娘不是洋人,你恨自己不是白人,你恨自己祖宗十八代。你说你懂华族文化,其实你是以鄙视的眼光来学习,好的诗画文笔永远是比不上你那些洋主人的。其实世界上的文化是各有千秋。你别以为你奉承洋主人,他们会珍惜你。其实他们更加鄙视你这种狗奴才,因为你没有民族的尊严,你看不起自己人,别人也没必要尊重你。

如果你不信,你自己去泰国的论坛看看吧。我也看过你的发言,他们根本就把你当作是透明的狗奴才。你还厚脸皮地热脸贴冷屁股,自欺欺人。

Guest sucks

aiyo! stop your both personal grudges out here! Now already a punishment to have no more cruising places! And that additional summon by reading not english makes my migranes comes again! 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.