Male HQ

How did you cruise back in the day? 00s,90s,80s

The stories go to show how bad minority communities were treated. No wonder some gay ppl once said they dont mind being gay, but wouldnt want their kids to suffer fr discrimination.

Anyway cruising back then can also be marvellous. I met this guy and we became best friends for 10 yrs before he migrated.

Guest Old times
7 hours ago, Guest bitch said:

simple..coz they allowed themselves to be beaten!!..I would have shouted at them and even threatend them to take them to court if they lay their hands on me. If they want they can call the police or do whatever but dont they dare lay a finger on me...The diva bitch in me would scratch their eyeballs out and i would have!!!!...dont mess with me the diva bitch!!..

talking is easy, doing is different. what goes into your mind at the moment? Are you ready to strike back? when you scrample to get your pants back up? If you had seen the security guys on those time you wouldn't talk like that, it weren't uncles but strong Indian chaps with trained bods in their mid 30s. You wouldn't defend any blow. I m sure.

And as a gay you were an easy victim on those times. What to defend? You were at the mercy of others. Please don't talk like this and feel some empathy for the guys who suffered this.

Guest Mid 90s experience

Used to be assigned to a project in Singapore around early 1998 - around 20 yrs ago and stayed at a hotel chain in Scotts Road. 

I exercised regularly and tried to relax at the wet area after exercise or when I had nothing to do at night.  The spa area was quite nice - complete with sauna, steam, hot jacuzzi & cold plunge pool. The area has been completely revamped now but the old layout was much better. 

Lots of cruising going on at the wet area. Everybody naked when using the jacuzzi and only covered up using towel in the sauna and steam. Had plenty of encounters at that place with members and guests. When I stayed in the same hotel recently, I still remember a few faces whom I did have fun 20 years earlier.

Not surprising that such a place became a cruising place because there weren’t any gay sauna (maybe only one or two were opened then) and there was also no place like Yunomori Onsen (a straight joint but frequented by gays).

Guest just curious
8 hours ago, Guest Mid 90s experience said:

Used to be assigned to a project in Singapore around early 1998 - around 20 yrs ago and stayed at a hotel chain in Scotts Road. 

I exercised regularly and tried to relax at the wet area after exercise or when I had nothing to do at night.  The spa area was quite nice - complete with sauna, steam, hot jacuzzi & cold plunge pool. The area has been completely revamped now but the old layout was much better. 

Lots of cruising going on at the wet area. Everybody naked when using the jacuzzi and only covered up using towel in the sauna and steam. Had plenty of encounters at that place with members and guests. When I stayed in the same hotel recently, I still remember a few faces whom I did have fun 20 years earlier.

Not surprising that such a place became a cruising place because there weren’t any gay sauna (maybe only one or two were opened then) and there was also no place like Yunomori Onsen (a straight joint but frequented by gays).

Just curious. For those you had sex with 20 years ago, I assume they are your type or you find them sexy or cute.

Will you have sex with them again today now they look much old.

12 hours ago, Guest Mid 90s experience said:

Hyatt hotel ? 

12 hours ago, Guest just curious said:

Just curious. For those you had sex with 20 years ago, I assume they are your type or you find them sexy or cute.

Why not, if they still look good and fit.

Guest chi-dude
19 hours ago, Guest just curious said:

haha..i think i look sexier and better now than 20 years ago..can afford better food and go for facial...

Guest Old times

There were quite some places where you were able to meet up with guys even during daytime. When I had some day off, I often went to Pasir Ris Park and the toilet and shower at the Park a bit more to the end, often had some guys. Same was for the Toilet at Kent Ridge Park ( the part between South Bridge road and Science Park 1 and many other places. Years back not many people made a stroll at Kent Ridge Park, it was very secluded even for weekends. On a Saturday afternoon, it was quite certain to find a guy waiting outside or inside the toilet at this part of the park. I m not sure if the toilet is still there. ha ha, because never ventured into it for long.

Guest Mid 90s experience

After 20 years, the same guys ( believe they are members at that club and still play tennis regularly ) look much worse physically - had eye contacts with some of them when staying at the same hotel (they probably remember me somehow) but I didn’t react and I wouldn’t do it with them again.  To give you an idea, my height is around 179cm and I used to weigh around 82-83 kg while my weight now is around 78 kg ( lost rather than gain weight ) - so I am better physically compared to 20 yrs ago due to regular exercise.

The wet area now is a bit dark now (after the refurbishment) whereby the sauna and the steam room are across from each other.  Previously, the sauna was a bit far from the steam room (which was located near the jacuzzi and plunged pool).  Don’t want to mention the name of the hotel but there aren’t many chain hotels at Scotts road - so go figure!

The place is still cruisy even now especially in the evening with members and hotel guests.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
Guest Old fashioned
On 11/8/2021 at 1:45 PM, Guest Hoki said:

In the 80s, just go inside toilet and wink to the target guy

Or look for the Pen Pal column in magazines for men who only look for male friends 😎

On 3/8/2019 at 8:15 PM, Guest Old times said:

Years back not many people made a stroll at Kent Ridge Park, it was very secluded even for weekends.

It was haunted, the entity will follow you home if you remain they for prolonged period.

On 11/9/2021 at 8:50 AM, Guest NUM said:

Catwalk down the street with this gay uniform. Anyone still keeping it? 😛

spacer.png

LOL still remember their colourful and loud store at CityLink (is it CityLink?)

And still wondering what the 'sling' is for

On 11/8/2021 at 4:29 PM, Carrot Cake Man said:

Interestingly nobody mention city link ? There’s this toilet that used to be near to HMV that’s super cruisy. Even the city hall, toilet on the higher floor near to convection center. 

Yes lots of under-stall actions. But I think no more. Also, I heard the mall security knows about it and start to catch people.

On 6/2/2018 at 7:50 PM, Guest Dino said:

In the early 1990s, I spent from weekend nights cruising in Jurassic Park: the entire area from Boat Quay to Amoy Street and Ang Siang Hill.

Same, I did that too. For a while, those shop houses lay abandoned, waiting to be refurbished. I would stand in the corridor of those desorute shophouses while men would drive or walk past. Some I like, I went home with. I seldome have sex there. 

I also cruise at Bedok Stadium, Fort Road and Katong Park. 

Those were good days. Gay saunas were fun too. 

On 11/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, superflawless said:

Same, I did that too. For a while, those shop houses lay abandoned, waiting to be refurbished. I would stand in the corridor of those desorute shophouses while men would drive or walk past. Some I like, I went home with. I seldome have sex there.  

You dressed and stood like that in the corridor, waiting for your Tony Leung to pick you up? LOL 

spacer.png

On 11/9/2021 at 2:32 PM, superflawless said:

I also cruise at Bedok Stadium, Fort Road and Katong Park. 

Those were good days. Gay saunas were fun too. 

I still prefer the good old fashioned way of cruising, there’s that thrill in so many aspects, that excitement of coming across someone your type, able to check him out physically and at times, doing it in hidden places and risk getting caught pants down.

Nowadays, with apps, its no doubt more convenient but the excitement of cruising is no longer there. 

Also, the funny thing about gay saunas is when it first started, the scene is thriving and so promising. It should have become better. But within a decade, the scene has died down and become boring now.

On 11/9/2021 at 7:10 PM, Guest Guest said:

I still prefer the good old fashioned way of cruising, there’s that thrill in so many aspects, that excitement of coming across someone your type, able to check him out physically and at times, doing it in hidden places and risk getting caught pants down.

Nowadays, with apps, its no doubt more convenient but the excitement of cruising is no longer there. 

Also, the funny thing about gay saunas is when it first started, the scene is thriving and so promising. It should have become better. But within a decade, the scene has died down and become boring now.

Yeah, I agree they are all different and should co-exist.

Public cruising, saunas and apps. Each offers a different kind of thrill and fulfillment .

Guest Changing World
On 11/9/2021 at 4:10 PM, Guest Guest said:

Just like shopping for cloth, you go to the shop, feels the item, test wear to see if it fits and enjoy the customer service.  Now everything online shopping and sometime get scammed because the actual photos did not match the goods received.  Same for gay cruising.  In the old days, though a little hassle, but you feel the strong gay vibes,  I have known people who found their best friend or even partner thru cruising in the 1990s.  Nowadays, the expectation is very high from youngsters, due to society changing and with many holding degrees and above qualifications.  In the old days, diplomas, A or O level candidates, in the cruising arena is quite common and no one look down on another person just because of that, other than their look.  It is also very safe to cruise, no spy phone,  no internet,  no social media shaming unlike now.

On 11/9/2021 at 12:02 PM, Guest Guest said:

LOL still remember their colourful and loud store at CityLink (is it CityLink?)

And still wondering what the 'sling' is for

Not sure if it is true but back then what I heard was that you are supposed to let the ‘sling’ hang outside. Once another guy see it and is interested to have sex with you, he will pull that ‘sling’ as a signal hahaha

• 2 years later...
Guest Fanny

😡😡😡😡WTH???!!!!
I was in Walmart using the restroom 🧻 and just as I closed my stall door, a voice from the next stall said, “Hi! How are you?” Embarrassed... I said, “I’m aight!!" The voice said, "So what are you up to?” I said, “Ummm... Just trying to handle a little private business over here!” Then I hear, “Can I come over?” Annoyed... I said “Excuse me?!?!." Then the voice said, “Listen, I will have to call you back, there’s an idiot in the next stall answering all my questions!!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Guest Gomg Fu
On 11/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, lonelyglobe said:

They use pigeons as messenger,  take days or weeks to reach if the pigeons did not get lost. 

haha, like in wu xia films

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.