Male HQ

Beware of this FF fitness trainer

Guest Please Be Careful

Guest Please Be Careful

Dear all, my post here may draw a lot of negative responses, but the main purpose is for social awareness.

There's this particular Eurasian fitness trainer, A, currently based in Fitness First, MBFC, and is rather active on the mobile app G, whom I suspect is going round to cheat others of their money.

The story starts like this: A claims that he has dropped/misplaced a sum of money that was meant for his course and urgently needed some cash to meet the submission deadline (24 May). Exchanged contacts and started chatting there to find out more. Even shared with me his Instagram account and stuff, short of his IC number and home address. He was very responsive and chatted a lot initially. And when the money was transferred over, things still seemed alright for the first few days but suddenly, on one fateful day, he disappeared from WhatsApp and every message sent to him has only 1 tick (it's still like that till now).

I'm not sure if anyone here has encountered this person on the app before, but if he approaches you for money, please be cautious and think twice about helping him out with your money. He may use his attractive body pic to lure you towards him.

To the moderators:

I'm not sure if this thread is deemed unsuitable or is at the wrong place. Sorry if it is.

6 minutes ago, Guest Please Be Careful said:

Dear all, my post here may draw a lot of negative responses, but the main purpose is for social awareness.

There's this particular Eurasian fitness trainer, A, currently based in Fitness First, MBFC, and is rather active on the mobile app G, whom I suspect is going round to cheat others of their money.

The story starts like this: A claims that he has dropped/misplaced a sum of money that was meant for his course and urgently needed some cash to meet the submission deadline (24 May). Exchanged contacts and started chatting there to find out more. Even shared with me his Instagram account and stuff, short of his IC number and home address. He was very responsive and chatted a lot initially. And when the money was transferred over, things still seemed alright for the first few days but suddenly, on one fateful day, he disappeared from WhatsApp and every message sent to him has only 1 tick (it's still like that till now).

I'm not sure if anyone here has encountered this person on the app before, but if he approaches you for money, please be cautious and think twice about helping him out with your money. He may use his attractive body pic to lure you towards him.

To the moderators:

I'm not sure if this thread is deemed unsuitable or is at the wrong place. Sorry if it is.

Have u even met the person or it was just exchanges online/Watsapp? Thought in this age, it is common sense not to give money to someone whom u are not even close with?

Sigh. Whenever there is money involvement. It is like this. Even for partners, when it touches money, it is always sensitive unless the lender is mentally prepared will never get back the money. I will lend people money before. Not big amount ($100-$500). Some do return but most dun. If I get back, then good. If I dun get back, I just forget it. But if money is beyond my limit, I will reject. 

Is this guy still working at Fitness First?  You have something traceable that you transferred the money to him?  Did he made some promise of repayment? I would not hesitate to contact him at his work and hold him to any promise, time table of repayment,  OR ELSE you will get in touch with his employer and disclose that possible dishonesty of a person they employ.

Guest Please Be Careful

Thanks for the positive response, tyan. I didn't lend a very big amount (within the range you quoted) and I have already mentally prepared myself that the money is most likely irrecoverable. If I get it back, then good. If not, I'll just take it that I've helped him settle his course fees so that he can continue his studies. :)

Guest Please Be Careful

From what I can see on his Instagram, yes, he is still with FF at MBFC. My friend has his Facebook account too.

I did the transfer over ATM (initially he insisted PayNow but I declined) and kept the transaction receipt.

Yes, he did say he'll pay me back over 2 months. But with no contact number whatsoever now, I have no idea how he's going to do it.

I'm not sure if I should report him to his employer so fast, but certainly that's on my to-do list. I'll wait for a week more or two (he said 4 Jun was his next pay day) and see if there's any news from him. If there's still no news, then I can be certain that he's deliberately avoiding the payment and I'll escalate the matter to FF then.

Thank you very much Steve5380 for all your helpful pointers. :)

13 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Is this guy still working at Fitness First?  You have something traceable that you transferred the money to him?  Did he made some promise of repayment? I would not hesitate to contact him at his work and hold him to any promise, time table of repayment,  OR ELSE you will get in touch with his employer and disclose that possible dishonesty of a person they employ.

3 hours ago, tyan said:

Sigh. Whenever there is money involvement. It is like this. Even for partners, when it touches money, it is always sensitive unless the lender is mentally prepared will never get back the money. I will lend people money before. Not big amount ($100-$500). Some do return but most dun. If I get back, then good. If I dun get back, I just forget it. But if money is beyond my limit, I will reject. 

u r very kind... hard to find a fren like you

having said that, can we be frens? haha...

I hope you learn the hard lessons:

1. Don't let your small head overtake your big head. 

2. You don't owe the stranger a living, neither does he.
3. If you don't have money, don't lend it to people. If you want to lend money to people, make sure it's money you can afford to write off.
4. Lending people money without any collateral like I.C. no., contact no. I.O.U., shows that you are not that smart a person. Admit that you are not smart.

5. Don't regret after doing a dumb act. If you do, then you should kick yourself in the ass.

6. What you did is not charity. If you want to donate to charity, try going to those charitable organisation. You can't even have tax deduction.

Sorry that I am rubbing it in. You deserved what you get.

Edited by GachiMuchi

5 hours ago, blowmenow said:

u r very kind... hard to find a fren like you

having said that, can we be frens? haha...

Sure! Pm me and we can move on from there

9 hours ago, Guest Please Be Careful said:

Thanks for the positive response, tyan. I didn't lend a very big amount (within the range you quoted) and I have already mentally prepared myself that the money is most likely irrecoverable. If I get it back, then good. If not, I'll just take it that I've helped him settle his course fees so that he can continue his studies. :)

On 2nd thought, I’m not sure how much u know him or how long u have been chatting with him. This could be a despicable thought but maybe helps to balance ur emotion abit in the future. No matter how close, if anyone from grindr wanna borrow money from u again, request “something” in return. Could be using his body or whatever that u fantasize. Then at least if he dun return ur money, u can treat it as paid fun. 

Guest Please Be Careful

Well, actually I've only started chatting with him for like a really short period. I shan't be too specific on the duration. :P

Anyway, I think you brought up a helpful point there. I didn't think of asking him for anything as it would be quite nasty of me to get something from him when he's in trouble. Like taking advantage of his plight like that. :/ And he seemed really genuine when he first chatted. Offered to give me his IC number even. I think he was using reverse psychology to gain my trust on hindsight.

Oh well, today's his pay day. Let's see if he has the initiative to text me regarding the repayment. I'll then decide the next action to take based on his response. Thank you again tyan for your helpful tip. :)

1 hour ago, tyan said:

On 2nd thought, I’m not sure how much u know him or how long u have been chatting with him. This could be a despicable thought but maybe helps to balance ur emotion abit in the future. No matter how close, if anyone from grindr wanna borrow money from u again, request “something” in return. Could be using his body or whatever that u fantasize. Then at least if he dun return ur money, u can treat it as paid fun. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.