Male HQ

Money Changer Bad Service

Guest Fed Up!

Guest Fed Up!

I am sick and fed up about bad customer service in singapore! The government must step in and fix this as it is making life simply unbearable here!

After spending a conaiderable amount of time travelling in Europe, enjoying the european way of life, soaking in the sights and culture..it is only naturao to have some euro money left.

I had about €500 euro in notes and about €45 euro in coins. I half heartedly decided to part ways with my beloved Euros as cost of living in Singapore is too high and these monies can be used for daily needs for a few weeks.

Upon reaching the money changer, I am also glad to give a small merchant some business to sustain his cost. I handed him all my euros..with a tinge of memories of sipping Cafe Alonge along a sidewalk cafe..reading Le Farigo...

I was snapped out of my pleasent memories when that money changer said he do not want to accept my €45 euro in coins! I was shocked beyond words! I stress to him that what is my need for €45 in coins??? Can I use it on Singapore? If not he must accept it as its legal money! He refuse to bulge! Even after I asked for his name and said I will make a complaint to the owner of the building he still refuse! Worst is he grew increasing arrogrant! I told him he should not br a money changer as he do not change my money! I told him the profits he could earn is not small amd he should not turj away the chance to make money ae times are bad! I reminded him how retail shops are closing and he shoupd be glad I am doing business for him.

He still refuse to accept my large sum of euro coins. I cannot believe this is happening in Singapore, a suspose 1st world country! I am in shock as after experiencing fine european culture I am back to this sort of unwanted daily scene.

I am afraid I have to agree with the vast majority of people in singapore that our service culture is bad and why we prefer to shop in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Dubai, Tokyo and Paris.

Does anyone experience such a nightmare money faced outright rude money changer before?

Guest Fed Up!
5 minutes ago, geizershow said:

Take back your money and change it at another money changer. You might have lived overseas but your mentality is 1000% Singaporean. I don’t get my way, I complain.

You shouls shut up as do you know the situation? The education systek taught you very well! Which is to conform to norms amd keep quiet when situations are outright wrong! 

This is not a complaint! It is to make singapore a better place, to improve customer service so that life in this expensive pressure cooker can be a bit better.

You should instead be thanking me with your heart as people like me will make your life better as we dare speak up about this Money MONEY MONEY culture with no heart.

TS is an idiot.  In first place, who in the right mind would bring back €45 in coins?!?  Its frikking heavy!  

Any REAL seasoned traveller would know to use up as much of his coins as possible before departing the country.  And to expect any moneychanger to accept that much in coins is beyond any bounds of reasonable.  

Princess Syndrome is what you are!

A case of managing ones expectation. Maybe TS is not used to being rejected?

Nothing wrong to reject coins, there must be a reason to it. Maybe to favilitate a smoother handovers at the end of the day or simply part of the SOP set out by the management/ company/ bosses.

Theres a reason why tourist always max out their coins usually by means of tipping. And that is also why we always see those donation boxes eg SPCA, Charity foundations in airports and check out counters.

Guest Bei tahan
4 hours ago, Guest Fed Up! said:

I am sick and fed up about bad customer service in singapore! The government must step in and fix this as it is making life simply unbearable here!

After spending a conaiderable amount of time travelling in Europe, enjoying the european way of life, soaking in the sights and culture..it is only naturao to have some euro money left.

I had about €500 euro in notes and about €45 euro in coins. I half heartedly decided to part ways with my beloved Euros as cost of living in Singapore is too high and these monies can be used for daily needs for a few weeks.

Upon reaching the money changer, I am also glad to give a small merchant some business to sustain his cost. I handed him all my euros..with a tinge of memories of sipping Cafe Alonge along a sidewalk cafe..reading Le Farigo...

I was snapped out of my pleasent memories when that money changer said he do not want to accept my €45 euro in coins! I was shocked beyond words! I stress to him that what is my need for €45 in coins??? Can I use it on Singapore? If not he must accept it as its legal money! He refuse to bulge! Even after I asked for his name and said I will make a complaint to the owner of the building he still refuse! Worst is he grew increasing arrogrant! I told him he should not br a money changer as he do not change my money! I told him the profits he could earn is not small amd he should not turj away the chance to make money ae times are bad! I reminded him how retail shops are closing and he shoupd be glad I am doing business for him.

He still refuse to accept my large sum of euro coins. I cannot believe this is happening in Singapore, a suspose 1st world country! I am in shock as after experiencing fine european culture I am back to this sort of unwanted daily scene.

I am afraid I have to agree with the vast majority of people in singapore that our service culture is bad and why we prefer to shop in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Dubai, Tokyo and Paris.

Does anyone experience such a nightmare money faced outright rude money changer before?

drama-queen-clipart-1.jpg

It is a knowledge that money changers do not accept foreign coins.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Question for TS,

Why did you not use up the coins before you end your trip?

A true blue bon vivant* won't behave your way.

I don't know about you guys but I tend to get rid of the coins whenever I am at the final airport.  - like buying a sandwich or a cup of coffee. 

In Thailand, should I have less than 1000 baht, I would gladly drop in to Boots and buy some toiletries home..It saves me the agony and time for a trip to the money changer.

Bon vivant - a person who indulges/devotes himself  in a social and luxurious lifestyle.

Edited by abang

Guest Fed Up!
6 hours ago, abang said:

Question for TS,

Why did you not use up the coins before you end your trip?

A true blue bon vivant* won't behave your way.

I don't know about you guys but I tend to get rid of the coins whenever I am at the final airport.  - like buying a sandwich or a cup of coffee. 

In Thailand, should I have less than 1000 baht, I would gladly drop in to Boots and buy some toiletries home..It saves me the agony and time for a trip to the money changer.

Bon vivant - a person who indulges/devotes himself  in a social and luxurious lifestyle.

Please do not assume I am rich. I am an average Singaporean working a regular Singaporean job! I do not have or enjoy a luxurious lifestyle as you claim I did. Please do not defame me .

If you read carefully. I was sad to part ways with my balance Euros as I nees to use these monies for daily needs. 

Are coins not money? The said money changer did not mention no coins accepted. If they did it is different story. 

16 hours ago, Guest Fed Up! said:

I was snapped out of my pleasent memories when that money changer said he do not want to accept my €45 euro in coins! 

He still refuse to accept my large sum of euro coins.

49 minutes ago, Guest Fed Up! said:

Are coins not money? The said money changer did not mention no coins accepted. If they did it is different story. 

Aren't "do not want to accept" and "refuse to accept" tantamount to telling u that "no coins accepted"?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Yes, you certainly ain't savvy enough to be an ATAS person.  Never mind that...pauper can still travel overseas.

It is ok to be frugal and thrifty but when it borders on stupidity, only God can help you.

The same notion that you should have used up the coins - surely there are plenty of avenues to "disperse" the coins.

I would like to ask whether you have been traveling all this while.. anyone with a little overseas experience would know that most money changers (regardless of country and locales) do only exchange BIG NOTES... In JB, they really don't accept $1 coin and $2 notes.  You have instead chose to "accumulate" your wealth and brought them home.  

Whose fault is it?

有出国经验的人都应该知道钱币商人都不太接受硬币的。。他们只换“大钞”。

有了这次体验, 下次“聪明, 醒目” 点啦。

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.