Male HQ

Does look really matters in finding love?

Guest yougurt

Guest yougurt

In your point of view guys just as a topic, does look really matters for you to be able to find love?

Is the 2018 love scene more on appearance and status since nowadays being hot is not difficult anymore and since there are a lot of apps that helps us change dates just as quick as we put our clothes on?

I observed that those who find love 15 years back last longer compared today, and before looks and appearance isn't a big thing compared to the person itself.

Well, visuals are the first and only impression anyone can get from the start (considering how online dating is becoming a thing) so i’d say yes(?) 

BUT ofc, mannerism and communication is the deciding factor that has to be considered before diving into something serious, unless the party involved is into the physical part of a relationship rather than the emotions and whatnot.. but that’s still a grey area bc everyone has different “requirements” abt such so... what can one say ?

Guest Sissy
3 hours ago, junyuan said:

Well, visuals are the first and only impression anyone can get from the start (considering how online dating is becoming a thing) so i’d say yes(?) 

BUT ofc, mannerism and communication is the deciding factor that has to be considered before diving into something serious, unless the party involved is into the physical part of a relationship rather than the emotions and whatnot.. but that’s still a grey area bc everyone has different “requirements” abt such so... what can one say ?

So with your sissy face, does it matter? 

Guest Blank
59 minutes ago, Guest Sissy said:

Stop being so judgemental on him! 

Back to topic, looks does matter. Take a look at my other thread: choice between a young average looking 20yo or handsome older 40yo; ceteris paribus. It's clearly the 40yo is winning even though he's so much older. On the other hand, there are many young gays who are still single after so many years because they're plain vanilla. It's just how most superficial gays are. I'm guilty of it as well but even the media portrays that to us in daily advertisement too. Blame the game, don't blame the players.

1 hour ago, Guest Sissy said:

Well, i was expecting some intellectual feedbacks, but guess not, someone asked for an opinion and i gave mine, so why am i being questioned on a personal level that is almost identical to the level of highschool bully ? But hey, it’s cool or whatever, im not really affected or anything, you do your thing, but man...stop trying to find beef when you know you ain’t gon’ prepared to take it raw... ‘k son’? 

Edited by junyuan

Looks is very important be it straight or gays. If you dont have the good looks to attract others your chances of getting even a friend is very hard. The most important characteristics of personality wont even got a chance to be shown to others.

2 minutes ago, yoyo74 said:

Looks is very important be it straight or gays. If you dont have the good looks to attract others your chances of getting even a friend is very hard. The most important characteristics of personality wont even got a chance to be shown to others.

omg this is literally what I believe. High five!

We sometimes wonder how person A would fall in love with person B when person B seems so fucken ugly. Then we start to think that person A perhaps "does not go for looks".

What we fail to realize is that whilst person B is ugly to us, he likely is physically attractive to person A. We may prefer six-pack abs, but person A prefers cute tummies. We may prefer clean-cut pretty boys, but person A prefers more mature guys with thicker eyebrows. Etc

In my 23 years of post-puberty life, I have not observed a case where a gay/straight guy is attracted to someone else without the looks component.

Guest Check_Mate

but i dont know how it works with an average guy / ugly guy with a hot bf. In straight couples i observed it is always the guy is hot and girl is just ahhmmm not really pretty or dress badly, not always but most cases.

13 hours ago, Guest Sissy said:

女人何苦为难女人?

phi-cuoi-voi-bieu-cam-kho-do-cua-sao-hoa

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Blank
16 hours ago, yoyo74 said:

For me, I won't mind being friends with someone less attractive at all. In fact, it's totally fine. 

Guest Uncle3

相由心生和人不可貌相矛盾么?

Does "Looks reflect the heart " contradicts "Don't judge a book by its cover" ?

No, it doesn't. A human is a living thing and his body and face is naturally linked to his mind/heart. A book is a dead thing that can be designed to sell by its cover. 

First, about the body. If his heart is not afraid of hardships, he'll do tough exercises to keep his body fit and supple.

Next about his looks. If he's kind person, he'll wear a kind smile that's naturally attractive. He take care of his complexion because he know how to be a healthy person. 没有丑男人只有懒男人。

That's why when we see a fat person complaining about discrimination, we naturally think that it's his own laziness( yeah except that very rare genetic problem).

It's also true that sometimes a person with good body and attractive looks can be evil. That's also the rare exception. But I'll look at his eyes and I can tell. If the evil is there, he cannot hide it without looking very unnatural. 

Like everything in life, there's still no guarantee but generally it's true that we go for looks/body when looking for love because we think it takes a well disciplined person to look good.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 8:24 PM, Guest Check_Mate said:

but i dont know how it works with an average guy / ugly guy with a hot bf. In straight couples i observed it is always the guy is hot and girl is just ahhmmm not really pretty or dress badly, not always but most cases.

chances are the guy may be bi or perhaps the girl are rich? u can also see a lot of pretty female star married to ugly or man who can be their father but all these man turn out to be rich tycoons, so is there love?

I m not sure but looks and bod make up almost 70 to 80% and the remaining will be like personality and those stuff :whistle:

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

chances are the guy may be bi or perhaps the girl are rich? u can also see a lot of pretty female star married to ugly or man who can be their father but all these man turn out to be rich tycoons, so is there love?

I m not sure but looks and bod make up almost 70 to 80% and the remaining will be like personality and those stuff :whistle:

If 80% are after look and bod, then the remaining must be after money.   You change (or try to) your personality to suit your handsome or rich bf.  

Don't read and response to guests' post

7 hours ago, Guest Blank said:

For me, I won't mind being friends with someone less attractive at all. In fact, it's totally fine. 

All of us wont mind being friends with someone less attractive but we wont purposely befriend a less attractive stranger as friend either. We will purposefully befriend an attractive stranger is the difference in making friends. If the less attractive dont know how to take initiative and find some interesting topic than is a hopeless situation.

The very real truth is, most of us do judge, just a variance of how much. 

If you are meeting the person for the first time, looks definitely matters. It is only upon getting to know a person better than we will go beyond just looks. 

Not if u r the one paying.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Mirror Mirror on the wall
On 6/20/2018 at 4:12 PM, Guest yougurt said:

does look really matters for you to be able to find love?

It is a tailored thing.  If you do not have the wallet full of money, go for cheaper food and less expensive stuff and try to stop envying other people who patronise restaurant daily.  The same goes for choice of buddy.  If you are short and skinny, don't go for tall and 160 pounds bf.   To each their owns,  just make sure you find only what is fitting to you.   Instead of asking people whether look matters,  look at yourself first (in the mirror) and than asked whether you deserved the type of person you were looking for.

Not if u r the one getting paid.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Blank
On 6/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, yoyo74 said:

All of us wont mind being friends with someone less attractive but we wont purposely befriend a less attractive stranger as friend either. We will purposefully befriend an attractive stranger is the difference in making friends. If the less attractive dont know how to take initiative and find some interesting topic than is a hopeless situation.

Trust me, I will and have made friends even though he or she is ugly. Not all my friends are prince charming and hot babes. Only a small percentage is. Some people don't open up when I first spoke to them so I take it they're not so interested but after a few times, they like my presence and become more talkative. 

For me, if I met someone too gorgeous and my type, I will become shy to make contact :wub: I'm not those who will flirt with him at the first sight. Even in a crowded mrt, I was once face to face with a really cute looking guy and the crowd was pushing at the back that our noses were almost touching. He seemed totally fine with it and looked at me (it was that packed that our heads couldn't really turn much) but I was just too shy to look at him. Little deers knocking everywhere and my heart was still innocent, fresh, fragile..

• Guest locked this topic