Male HQ

The Daryl Aiden Yow saga

Guest guest

His Instagram photos are all so photoshopped and superimposed.  You’ll realize there’re no shadow or shades in his photos. There’s one photo of him walking on snow and there’s no foot prints?!

Wrong is wrong.

Blind support is not encouraged.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Photo Shopper
3 hours ago, Guest wtf said:

His Instagram photos are all so photoshopped and superimposed.  You’ll realize there’re no shadow or shades in his photos. There’s one photo of him walking on snow and there’s no foot prints?!

Actually a lot of his post with him quite obviously photoshopped, lighting and tone completely off. The photo of him in the desert oso obvious, shadow direction is wrong.

Wonder how come so many people believe his shots (like Sony - ought to be shot!), his sponsors should also bring him to court over these fraudulent practices.

• G_M changed the title to The Daryl Aiden Yow saga
2 hours ago, Guest Photo Shopper said:

Actually a lot of his post with him quite obviously photoshopped, lighting and tone completely off. The photo of him in the desert oso obvious, shadow direction is wrong.

Wonder how come so many people believe his shots (like Sony - ought to be shot!), his sponsors should also bring him to court over these fraudulent practices.

Lol PhotoShopper

precisely..some are way to too obvious from the get go and no one actually realized?

Guest Photo Shopper
1 hour ago, birth_ave said:

Lol PhotoShopper

precisely..some are way to too obvious from the get go and no one actually realized?

There are some good photographers in SG who have produced some stunning shots, but this 'fakefluenza'  really CMI. And his photoshop skills are really basic, yet can con so many big brands.

In this day and age where you can search by images in google, guess he's not that tech savvy after all.

omg honestly this whole thing is funny looking from a bystanders POV, the comments and everything, the sarcasm and shade thrown are hilarious. He deserves all the hate coming to him and there are more. He removed at least 43 pictures but there are still more that are very photoshopped and its honestly very comical to see him and imagine how he's feeling right now. Karma bit him in his plagiarizing face

1 minute ago, JaO said:

omg honestly this whole thing is funny looking from a bystanders POV, the comments and everything, the sarcasm and shade thrown are hilarious. He deserves all the hate coming to him and there are more. He removed at least 43 pictures but there are still more that are very photoshopped and its honestly very comical to see him and imagine how he's feeling right now. Karma bit him in his plagiarizing face

ya man. ROFL. he shld have known better. 

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, JaO said:

Please stand with him. I am standing with my fellow gay brother.

Guest Guest
6 minutes ago, suckmegood said:

here’s a trolling guest... 

What trolling. He made a mistake. Did he kill anyone? Was anyone hurt? Standing with him does not mean defending him. Its to show we are a compassionate and forgiving. It will be a different story if he did the same again. So what is wrong in standing with him? Is it trolling to give a fallen person some support? Like you never lied before.

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What trolling. He made a mistake. Did he kill anyone? Was anyone hurt? Standing with him does not mean defending him. Its to show we are a compassionate and forgiving. It will be a different story if he did the same again. So what is wrong in standing with him? Is it trolling to give a fallen person some support? Like you never lied before.

yeah there are people that are hurt. not physically but there are. Just because we never lie before it does not mean him doing it makes it lesser than it seems. You say people don't get hurt right what about photographers that are actually taking pictures from places they actually travelled to? companies wont trust them anymore. it will be harder for them to prove themselves. companies will lose trust with influencers, and business opportunities will be less possible because of doubts and people like DA. If he is wrong, he deserves punishment, and in this case, it is the embarrassment and shade thrown at him. He hurt his followers too. he lied to them, leading them to think that the pictures he took were his. 

Edited by JaO

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

disengaging a trolling guest

if i lied before, but stopped lying now, and i catch you lying, you can't go around saying "OH BUT YOU LIE BEFORE ALSO WHAT." that's not the point. the point is that You are the one lying NOW in this moment, and you're the one in the wrong.  Even if i lied before, it does mean i can't expose you for lying in this moment. 

4 minutes ago, JaO said:

yeah there are people that are hurt. not physically but there are. Just because we never lie before it does not mean him doing it makes it lesser than it seems. You say people don't get hurt right what about photographers that are actually taking pictures from places they actually travelled to? companies wont trust them anymore. it will be harder for them to prove themselves. companies will lose trust with influencers, and business opportunities will be less possible because of doubts and people like DA. If he is wrong, he deserves punishment, and in this case, it is the embarrassment and shade thrown at him. He hurt his followers too. he lied to them, leading them to think that the pictures he took were his. 

JUST A EXAMPLE.

Guest Guest

Remember there was an incident when an ex convict could not get a job as a condo guard and a mp said its due to his past conviction as he wacked someone? You guys certainly shoed compassion hor...but this case you all want his blood because he looks well off...hypocrites.

11 minutes ago, JaO said:

if i lied before, but stopped lying now, and i catch you lying, you can't go around saying "OH BUT YOU LIE BEFORE ALSO WHAT." that's not the point. the point is that You are the one lying NOW in this moment, and you're the one in the wrong.  Even if i lied before, it does mean i can't expose you for lying in this moment. 

JUST A EXAMPLE.

DOESNT*

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Remember there was an incident when an ex convict could not get a job as a condo guard and a mp said its due to his past conviction as he wacked someone? You guys certainly shoed compassion hor...but this case you all want his blood because he looks well off...hypocrites.

I never ah but you notice a difference? DA is him affecting others including people who are actual photographers and companies like SONY and UNIQLO. The ex convict only affected himself Ma. Tho ofc he should get a second chance la. Ofc if DA were to change then he deserves compassion to what. He said in his own post saying people told him it was wrong and he didn’t care and still did it, so why show compassion that way?

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, suckmegood said:

Trolls don’t take in sense. They only have 1 objective... That’s to cause chaos and confusion. 

Chaos??i am giving him some comfort and peace while you are spreading negative thoughts. 

As usual, no one knows the facts and are speculating about the situation. 

He's released his statements, his apologies but there is no independent investigation into his situation. 

We know little besides hearsay, some of his actions but none are concrete evidences (besides the photos that have been tailored but that's not the point of this post).

Here's the thing right: are we upset that he's Photoshopping or are we upset that he's allegedly lied to people? 

While he used Photoshop to lie to people, there are other IG accounts out there with hunky, muscular bodies in hotel rooms with chiseled bodies highlighted by shadows and light play. But that's it, they use their techniques to enhance their physique. Does that mean that they're lying too? 

What about people on social media that present a happy, optimistic outlook to others when they might be diagnosed with some form of mental illness? Is that lying okay? 

Roast him, meme him, it's good material. But consider that these conversations only generate speculations and nothing factual (yet).

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

2 minutes ago, Rhyn said:

He's released his statements, his apologies but there is no independent investigation into his situation. 

We know little besides hearsay, some of his actions but none are concrete evidences (besides the photos that have been tailored but that's not the point of this post).

Here's the thing right: are we upset that he's Photoshopping or are we upset that he's allegedly lied to people? 

While he used Photoshop to lie to people, there are other IG accounts out there with hunky, muscular bodies in hotel rooms with chiseled bodies highlighted by shadows and light play. But that's it, they use their techniques to enhance their physique. Does that mean that they're lying too? 

What about people on social media that present a happy, optimistic outlook to others when they might be diagnosed with some form of mental illness? Is that lying okay? 

Roast him, meme him, it's good material. But consider that these conversations only generate speculations and nothing factual (yet).

ya but he has 104k followers. LOL he lied to a large group of people lol. 100K+ ppl eh LOL. plus, plagiarism, and also damaging the the positive rep of people who are genuine he did not use it enhance, he literally plagiarize. he literally took another person's pic and PS himself in. that is not tailoring that's putting his stamp on something that's not his and making the world think it is.  it ain't enhancing, its stealing. the mental illness part is totally different lol. like i said, he lied for selfish reasons. mental illness and faking does not support that point. 

Guest Guest
4 minutes ago, JaO said:

ya but he has 104k followers. LOL he lied to a large group of people lol. 100K+ ppl eh LOL. plus, plagiarism, and also damaging the the positive rep of people who are genuine he did not use it enhance, he literally plagiarize. he literally took another person's pic and PS himself in. that is not tailoring that's putting his stamp on something that's not his and making the world think it is.  it ain't enhancing, its stealing. the mental illness part is totally different lol. like i said, he lied for selfish reasons. mental illness and faking does not support that point. 

The one with a mental illness is you? You seam to be so obsessed with him like he stole your pictures....

Guest Forgiven

I'll forgive him if he beds me. He didn't murder anybody or got anybody into trouble, small matter lah, all is forgiven when the cum washes away the sins.

Guest 2cents

I think the point why such a big hoohah and why people are generally upset is because there are tangible losses and gains involved. The photos he took credit from, come from professionals who do it for love or for a living, and went through time and effort to get it done. He takes credit from it, build his rep as a photographer using these photos, and then use this rep to steal photog jobs from people who worked harder for lesser, sponsorships and freebies, high pay pegged to his portfolio and even hold fraudulent workshops. The people that are upset or "hating" comes from a place of love for the industry and creatives.

also, to his followers who were inspired or admiring him, suddenly this person that I look up to isn't credible anymore. 

whats worse was at the point when the news first came out, he actually intended to keep quiet, and made defensive statements (receipts and denying that he took photos) when it was so clear cut how he implied otherwise and lied to everyone. like something must be really wrong with his real character from the one he has been always portraying, to first do it knowingly for a long time and then deny it when called out.

Guest 2cents

but I also want to point out that he'd already apologised and taken responsibility for his actions and people should stop being so hard on him. at least he's on a path to changing his ways unlike many other influencers who did worse PR. 

personally feel that he should own them photoshop skills. it's not perfect but his skill is better than a lot of people. like he managed to dupe a lot of people to believe that he's really talented at photography before someone pointed it out that its photoshop, and thats saying something

42 minutes ago, Guest 2cents said:

but I also want to point out that he'd already apologised and taken responsibility for his actions and people should stop being so hard on him. at least he's on a path to changing his ways unlike many other influencers who did worse PR. 

personally feel that he should own them photoshop skills. it's not perfect but his skill is better than a lot of people. like he managed to dupe a lot of people to believe that he's really talented at photography before someone pointed it out that its photoshop, and thats saying something

true, but i he did say in hs post that he only spoke up because of his friends being under flames as well. if that was not the case, he would still remain silent about the matter.

Guest Photo Shopper
13 hours ago, Rhyn said:

Dude, he's taking sponsorship from big brands, money is involved, that's fraud. And not to mention stealing from other photographers, not the stock images he bought, to benefit his business. Some of the original photographers have already called him out to remove those posts.

And he did not allegedly lie, he DID LIE. eg. He stated some shots were taken with a particular Sony cam, but was not. 

On 6/22/2018 at 7:29 PM, Vometra said:

Cute and forgivable? :rolleyes:

fBF0xdjl.jpg

Are pictures of bf kissing and hugging also photoshopped from stock images?

6 minutes ago, Guest Photo Shopper said:

Really a fake lor, in and out.

Those act atas and hipsters type? How you know? Further elaborate? 

His life reminds me of that 1 episode of Black Mirror. Always wanting the superfluous and superficial life as well as the recognition and acknowledgement of others.

• Guest locked this topic