Male HQ

Share your skincare routines!

On 6/28/2018 at 6:39 AM, Summerbitch said:

Can check which one r u referring to? I mean the sunscreen name. Cos i bought 1 before.. is for oily ski. But non matte. Turn out to be damn oily.. :(

Haha the one im using dang. I dont have the bottle with me now. But its water based and not oily. And after i apply it. I dont see any remnants on my face like its completely absorbed. 

4 hours ago, MobyDick said:

You may want to consider Aztec Secret Clay mask from iHerb/ Qoo10.

Oh yes! I do use that once in a while. I feel like it does help a bit for me. Do you use it? :)

Hi all, Would like to seek some recommendations on skincare products. I have sensitive skin, or dry i would say. I tried face shop ricewater cleanser but doent seem to be helpful for me. Tried LAB series too, worked well, but is rather costly. I am acne prone too on my cheeks. Anyone has recommendations? Cleanser/toners/beauty water etc. Thank you

Guest Tan Boy
On 6/30/2018 at 9:29 AM, perhapsLuv said:

Estée Lauder Advance Night Repair ... never fails! :thumb:

Getting more and more expensive, buy in JB EL boutiques RM400.

7 minutes ago, Guest Boy said:

Hi all, Would like to seek some recommendations on skincare products. I have sensitive skin, or dry i would say. I tried face shop ricewater cleanser but doent seem to be helpful for me. Tried LAB series too, worked well, but is rather costly. I am acne prone too on my cheeks. Anyone has recommendations? Cleanser/toners/beauty water etc. Thank you

Sometimes dun have to buy those ex brands, Neutrogena or Simple were recommended by my dermatologist. Simple witch hazel is good enuff, less chemicals, less irritation.

55 minutes ago, Guest Tan Boy said:

Getting more and more expensive, buy in JB EL boutiques RM400.

Sometimes dun have to buy those ex brands, Neutrogena or Simple were recommended by my dermatologist. Simple witch hazel is good enuff, less chemicals, less irritation.

yes, i do agree but

be it Neutrogena/gariner/Nivea Mens , i just felt something is missing after using them

so for the costlier brands, there must be something good from them so long it fits your skin type 

Guest Tan Boy
10 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

yes, i do agree but

be it Neutrogena/gariner/Nivea Mens , i just felt something is missing after using them

so for the costlier brands, there must be something good from them so long it fits your skin type 

Psychological bah, a lot of those costlier ones mostly paying for the marketing/branding. Otherwise try The Ordinary, very much cheaper and promising.

3 minutes ago, Guest Tan Boy said:

Psychological bah, a lot of those costlier ones mostly paying for the marketing/branding. Otherwise try The Ordinary, very much cheaper and promising.

i did compare and try before i stick to one ie most value for money (not necessarily cheap)
i do agree that some is really over the top products but there is no need to oversplurge for such high ends eg Kiehls , i felt their pore cleansers is really extremely super fine but it is damned so costly

If anyone (esp those with sensitive skin), you can check out your daily skin/body products at Environmental Working Group’s website under Consumer Guide - Skin Deep, to see if any of the chemicals may be causing allergies or acting up on your sensitive skin. Of course not every product is listed but its a good start and reference.

Worth checking out their sunscreen guide, which to opt for and which to avoid.

Edited by axelrod

7 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

quite oily is it?

Brands that not just catered for asians eg Lancome, i felt oily

I’ve combination skin ... after continuos usage of Estee NR ... I find the skin has better oil control during the day ... no shine and skin pores less obvious ... and best of all ... forehead frown lines ‘diminish’ ...

Anyway ... skin care product works differently on different people ... so is still better for one to try it out for a short period whether it works ... like getting sample size product for a start ... 

3 minutes ago, perhapsLuv said:

I’ve combination skin ... after continuos usage of Estee NR ... I find the skin has better oil control during the day ... no shine and skin pores less obvious ... and best of all ... forehead frown lines ‘diminish’ ...

Anyway ... skin care product works differently on different people ... so is still better for one to try it out for a short period whether it works ... like getting sample size product for a start ... 

Nice review. Should try it out. Can it be used in combination with SK2?

10 minutes ago, AskMeNot said:

Nice review. Should try it out. Can it be used in combination with SK2?

You referring to general SK2 product? Or Combine use with SK2 Skin Treatment Essence?  

I combine Estee NR usage with my Clarines cleansing product ... i’ve tried SK2 Essence but find it too drying for my skin ... 

6 minutes ago, perhapsLuv said:

You referring to general SK2 product? Or Combine use with SK2 Skin Treatment Essence?  

I combine Estee NR usage with my Clarines cleansing product ... i’ve tried SK2 Essence but find it too drying for my skin ... 

I see. I was referring to the essence.

I got started on the ten-step skincare routine earlier this year and it has been a godsend! Currently I am on an all-COSRX products (well, mostly) routine:

1. Double cleanse - Heimish All-Clean Balm (oil cleanser) followed by COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser (foam cleanser)

2. Toner - COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning A-Sol

3. Serum - COSRX BHA Summer Pore Minish Serum (discontinued)

4. Ampoule - COSRX Centella Blemish Ampule

5. Special Treatment - COSRX Centella Blemish Cream

6. Eye Cream - SKINFOOD Royal Honey Essential Eye Cream

7. Moisturiser - COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion

8. Sunscreen - Neogen Day-Light Sunscreen Protection Sunscreen SPF50/PA+++

I have oily skin so the products used are to diminish pores, reduce sebum production, and mattify.

On 6/25/2018 at 3:52 PM, PL4Y said:

Double cleanse (Banila Co. Clean It Zero Purity + COSRX low pH morning cleanser)

Toner (COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner)

Essence (Primera Miracle Seed Essence + COSRX Advanced 96 Snail Power Essence)

Ampoule (COSRX Propolis Light Ampoule)

Moisturiser (HUXLEY light & more oil)

Sunscreen - only in the morning (MISSHA All Around Safe Block Essence Sun Milk)

Fellow COSRX user! How has it been for you?

On 6/29/2018 at 8:47 PM, MobyDick said:

You may want to consider Aztec Secret Clay mask from iHerb/ Qoo10.

Heard a lot about this, is it any good?

2 hours ago, birth_ave said:

Currently on Accutane and my skin is drying like f

any products u guys use to keep the sky moisturized?

Perhaps you can try the Nature Republic Aloe Vera Soothing Gel?

Edited by Butterscotch

1 hour ago, birth_ave said:

Currently on Accutane and my skin is drying like f

any products u guys use to keep the sky moisturized?

18 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

I got started on the ten-step skincare routine earlier this year and it has been a godsend! Currently I am on an all-COSRX products (well, mostly) routine:

1. Double cleanse - Heimish All-Clean Balm (oil cleanser) followed by COSRX Low pH Good Morning Cleanser (foam cleanser)

6. Moisturiser - COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion

7. Sunscreen - Neogen Day-Light Sunscreen Protection Sunscreen SPF50/PA+++

I have oily skin so the products used are to diminish pores, reduce sebum production, and mattify.

While Aloe Vera Gel does great stuff for the skin [I use Innisfree's Aloe Vera Gel myself], it might not provide enough moisture for Accutane users on its own. You might want to look for a moisturiser that contains Hyaluronic Acid to help trap and draw moisture to your skin, and use the aloe vera gel as a night mask to seal in the moisture. If you are on a budget, Hada Labo have a series of products that have HA.

http://hadalabo.com.sg/product_content.html?catid=1&id=2

http://hadalabo.com.sg/product_content.html?catid=1&id=16

How Hyaluronic Acid Benefits Skin | Paula's Choice

1 hour ago, Butterscotch said:

6. Eye Cream - SKINFOOD Royal Honey Essential Eye Cream

7. Moisturiser - COSRX Natural BHA Skin Returning Emulsion

8. Sunscreen - Neogen Day-Light Sunscreen Protection Sunscreen SPF50/PA+++

Hey, nice hearing that your skincare routine works wonders for you! For my case, most of the COSRX products I still use such as morning cleanser, snail 96 essence and overnight risk mask (i didn't mentioned previously but this i use as a daily moisturiser and overnight mask) AMAZING!

I started following Korean Skincare routine weeks ago and honestly i can see results, my skin is well hydrated and glowy now. It's not clear perfect due to my milia / whiteheads / acne here and there i would say haha but little goes a long way in treating your skin right!

Any recommendations for chemical exfoliation? Like Mandelic Acid or other AHAs?

I'm contemplating to get The Ordinary products such as Niacinamide / AHA 30% / G.Retinoid... pls advise :) haha

3 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

Yes.. the clay mask keeps your face extremely clean especially when you mix with ACV. The small tub should last you for a year (1-2x) a week. I follow up with Nature Republic Aloe Gel to soothe the "pulsating" skin.

You can add 1-2 drops of rosehip oil to the aloe gel to make it more moisturizing.

1 hour ago, PL4Y said:

I'm contemplating to get The Ordinary products such as Niacinamide / AHA 30% / G.Retinoid... pls advise :) haha

I have only seen Mandelic Acid from Wishtrend - i have no experience on that. I am using Galactomyces + AHA/BHA toner from Manyo Factory.

There are many inexpensive and good products from COSRX and Klairs as well.

Edited by MobyDick

Omgosh my skin was extra oily today... 

giphy.gif

I read that oily skin means your skin is not hydrated. Do hydrating masks help? :/ 

7 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Omgosh my skin was extra oily today... 

I read that oily skin means your skin is not hydrated. Do hydrating masks help? :/ 

Face Masks do help. As I mentioned couple of posts back look for Hyaluronic Acid in the ingredients - I'm pretty certain most good face masks contain HA. Can find the face masks sold in Watsons, Thefaceshop, Innisfree, etc.. ^_^

3 minutes ago, HanWuJi said:

Face Masks do help. As I mentioned couple of posts back look for Hyaluronic Acid in the ingredients - I'm pretty certain most good face masks contain HA. Can find the face masks sold in Watsons, Thefaceshop, Innisfree, etc.. ^_^

you're such a skin care guru. Yasss! Thank you! 

On 7/2/2018 at 8:36 PM, MobyDick said:

Yes.. the clay mask keeps your face extremely clean especially when you mix with ACV. The small tub should last you for a year (1-2x) a week. I follow up with Nature Republic Aloe Gel to soothe the "pulsating" skin.

You can add 1-2 drops of rosehip oil to the aloe gel to make it more moisturizing.

I have only seen Mandelic Acid from Wishtrend - i have no experience on that. I am using Galactomyces + AHA/BHA toner from Manyo Factory.

There are many inexpensive and good products from COSRX and Klairs as well.

Edited by QQHappy

4 hours ago, PL4Y said:

Hey, nice hearing that your skincare routine works wonders for you! For my case, most of the COSRX products I still use such as morning cleanser, snail 96 essence and overnight risk mask (i didn't mentioned previously but this i use as a daily moisturiser and overnight mask) AMAZING!

I started following Korean Skincare routine weeks ago and honestly i can see results, my skin is well hydrated and glowy now. It's not clear perfect due to my milia / whiteheads / acne here and there i would say haha but little goes a long way in treating your skin right!

Niacinamide is great for large pores and skin brightening, but not for exfoliation. I have tried the Ordinary one, not bad.

I have normal skin, and currently using BHA and retinol (weekly) for skin exfoliation. Both from Paula Choice, not too bad.

:ooks like a number of Cosrx users here. Watsons does not appear to stock the Galactomyces Essence every outlet I've been to including Taka.

:ooking for a First Treatment Essence/Serum and watching some skincare vlogs.

1 hour ago, HanWuJi said:

:ooks like a number of Cosrx users here. Watsons does not appear to stock the Galactomyces Essence every outlet I've been to including Taka.

:ooking for a First Treatment Essence/Serum and watching some skincare vlogs.

Either way i won't recommend getting it at Watsons since you can get it online at a way cheaper price or even buy in bulk and ship it from Korea to Singapore. :3

1 hour ago, HanWuJi said:

How about looking onlline?

- Watsons

- Lazada

- Qoo10

- Shopee

1 minute ago, PL4Y said:

Either way i won't recommend getting it at Watsons since you can get it online at a way cheaper price or even buy in bulk and ship it from Korea to Singapore. :3

Affirmative. Compare the prices and see the cheapest one (with shipping), make your purchase, and wait for your item/s to be delivered.

Thanks guys although after watching a few more vlogs I think there are other First Treatment Essences that are much suited to my current skin needs so I'll not be ordering the Galactomyces Essence online for the moment.

21 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

While Aloe Vera Gel does great stuff for the skin [I use Innisfree's Aloe Vera Gel myself], it might not provide enough moisture for Accutane users on its own. You might want to look for a moisturiser that contains Hyaluronic Acid to help trap and draw moisture to your skin, and use the aloe vera gel as a night mask to seal in the moisture. If you are on a budget, Hada Labo have a series of products that have HA.

http://hadalabo.com.sg/product_content.html?catid=1&id=2

http://hadalabo.com.sg/product_content.html?catid=1&id=16

How Hyaluronic Acid Benefits Skin | Paula's Choice

Just started on Hada Labo. So far so good for my oily skin.

17 minutes ago, DeMarko said:

what products is good to get rid of eyebags ?

For Eyebags,  you might have to visit an aesthetics surgeon/clinic.. especially since the skin around the eyes is thinner and more sensitive and delicate compared to the other parts of skin on the face.

Used tea bags that have been chilled in the fridge under the eyes can help relief swelling or water retention but I believe this is more for people with dark circles under the eyes but might give some temporary "lift" for people with eyebag problems.

Personally I have dark circles under my eyes due to insufficient sleep and allergies and I usually find the eye products from all these skincare brands to offer only temporary effects for dark circles.:ph34r:

4 minutes ago, HanWuJi said:

For Eyebags,  you might have to visit an aesthetics surgeon/clinic.. especially since the skin around the eyes is thinner and more sensitive and delicate compared to the other parts of skin on the face.

Used tea bags that have been chilled in the fridge under the eyes can help relief swelling or water retention but I believe this is more for people with dark circles under the eyes but might give some temporary "lift" for people with eyebag problems.

Personally I have dark circles under my eyes due to insufficient sleep and allergies and I usually find the eye products from all these skincare brands to offer only temporary effects for dark circles.:ph34r:

hi very much appreciated with your detailed explanation.. thanks so much

48 minutes ago, AskMeNot said:

Just started on Hada Labo. So far so good for my oily skin.

:thumb:

Sufficient hydration and using the right kind of moisturiser is key element of controlling oily skin.

I have just opened a bottle of Vardi Migdal spa exfoliating cream (bath gel) and am loving it.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Would like someone to provide what are the steps in order for skincare routine?

And how many times per day/week

Thank you

1) Cleanser

2) ?

3) ?

Guest DATJAM
1 minute ago, Guest Boy said:

Thank you

1) Cleanser

2) ?

3) ?

1.Cleanser

2. Toner

3. Whatever serum or facial cream (if applicable)

4. Moisturizer

I am a skincare junkie and knows a little too much more than I need to know to be honest. Here a list of things that I like, listing from how I would use the product, and would recommend people this product for a specific need.

P.S My skin is actually normal but acne-prone. Will get either oily or dry depending on my water intake. Also, might be a little biased to specific brand but its worth it.

Things that I like

1. Good Morning Gel Cleanser from Cosrx/ Green Tea Foam Cleanser from Innisfree

1/ 2. AHA/ BHA Clarifying Toner from Cosrx/ Thayers Witch Hazel Toner from Online store/ One Step Original Clear Pad from Cosrx/ Jeju Volcanic Pore Toner from Innisfree/ Soon Jung ph 5.5 Relief Toner from Etude house

3. Oil- free Ultra moisturing lotion with Birchsap from Cosrx/ Jeju Sparking Oil- Free Gel Moisturizer/ Ultra-facial oil- free gell cream from Kiehl's

Other Stuff that I like to use

> Cosrx Pimple Patches

> Jeju volcanic clay/ mousse mask From Innisfree

> Orchid enriched cream from innisfree

If you wondering how come the toner is listed as 1/2 is cause I don't wash my face in the morning but I use cotton pads to wipe my wash with a toner, preferably acidic toners.

Feel free to ask me any questions and I can try my best to answer it.

49 minutes ago, Guest Boy said:

Thank you

1) Cleanser

2) ?

3) ?

Depending on your age and what your skin actually needs, you should need this basic 4 items which are cleanser, toner, moisturizer and sunscreen.

Also, you should try to cleanse your face daily and use toner and moisturizer right after you cleanse. Toner can be use without cleansing your face but you gotta research on the product itself. Sunscreen is a definitely must have no matter how many step you have and ofc use it during the day and not night time 

Boys, any recommendations on products that help to get rid of pitted scars? Or at least, make it less visible? I have used the Honesi Exofila Cream, the Medicube Red Erasing Cream, and the Hiruscar gel; Hiruscar proved to be the most effective thus far with the scars though they are still noticeable.

23 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

Boys, any recommendations on products that help to get rid of pitted scars? Or at least, make it less visible? I have used the Honesi Exofila Cream, the Medicube Red Erasing Cream, and the Hiruscar gel; Hiruscar proved to be the most effective thus far with the scars though they are still noticeable.

Same. They don't work for me either :/