Male HQ

Share your skincare routines!

For me, even surface dark spots from mild acne takes a LONG time to fade :( 

it would need consistent AHA/BHAs and time to fade the pitted scars..

also sunscreen in the mornings when using exfoliating acids, don't want to expose fresh new skin to harmful uv rays :ph34r:

in the meantime you might choose to use skincare products with some coverage and close to your skin tone.

Also wondering if anyone been using the cica cream balm to help in the recovery of irritated skin?

And significant differences in the various brands [Innisfree, thefaceshop, A'Pieu...]?

10 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

Boys, any recommendations on products that help to get rid of pitted scars? Or at least, make it less visible? I have used the Honesi Exofila Cream, the Medicube Red Erasing Cream, and the Hiruscar gel; Hiruscar proved to be the most effective thus far with the scars though they are still noticeable.

10 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Same. They don't work for me either :/ 

Pitted scarring is the longest to remove, and there is a limit to what skincare can do. The best route is AHA/BHA exfoliation to encourage skin resurfacing. If you are more advanced level, Retinol can also be included in the routine. But Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acids and Retinol also make the skin ultra sensitive, especially to UV rays, so you might be trading skin youth for smoother skin, which might not be worth it. Even sunscreen is not really effective, its best to minimise sun exposure completely after chemical exfoliation and Retinol.

If you have exhausted your options in terms of topical skincare, the next step would be resurfacing lasers, such as Fraxel, Ulthera. They are expensive and Fraxel also make you look red and swollen for 2-3 days, so will need to factor in downtime also. Ulthera works by heating the lower levels of skin (SMAS layer) so it tightens and gives an appearance of smoother skin, as well as, generate some cell renewal.

I don't have pitted acne scarring, but there is 1deep  chickenpox scar that I experimented on. It seems to work - I no longer do Fraxel or Ulthera, but AHA/BHA is still a regular part of my routine to keep my skin clear and healthy.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 7/2/2018 at 6:15 PM, DeMarko said:

Anyone here knows how to get rid of eye bags ?

Eye bags (and dark circles) are predominantly hereditary. But there are some factors that can contribute such as drinking, water retention and lifestyle.

Eye bags due to puffy eyes can be treated at home with cold massage (cold spoons, massage rollers) the goal is to drain the liquid and lymph, to refresh the undereye area. lymph removal in general is good for overall skin and body health.

If puffiness is a problem in the morning, products with high levels of caffeine is good to de-puff the area and tighten the skin up. This is a side effect of having continous eyebag, is the area under the eye can be stretched out due to bulging.

Used together in the morning for maximum results, and need to maintain for 2 weeks before seeing some effect. Hope that helps!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

My skin type is Combination, used to be Oily/Acne Prone.

Some practical tips that I learnt over time - exfoliation, double cleaning and sunscreen.

I started practising 4 years ago. It has improved it by a lot, in terms of skin clarity and texture. In total, there are 5 markers of good skin: Texture, Firmness, Clarity, Wrinkle & Sun Defence.

Cleansing - Hada Labo Egg AHA/BHA Cleanser

Double-cleansing is actually a primary secret to good skin. Most people wont share but it is actually fundamental. The first cleanse emulsifies the oil, dirt, sunscreen, products and removes it from the skin. The second clenase is the one that actually cleans right into the pores.

Toner/Balancing - Naruko Oriental Beauty Tea 
I trust this taiwanese brand, their formulations are gentle but effective. This tea is discontinued though. All the Naruko serums must be kept in fridge - temperature is also another factor folks forget. Never store products by the window, or exposed to sun/heat.

Hydration - Body Shop Vitamin C Skin Boost / Seaweed Night Treatment
Despite different names, these are similar in formulation.I alternate based on skin needs. Also not too expensive compared to other brands. Seaweed one is something that has proven itself effective multiple times, when I have dry skin from medications/heatiness/sunburn.

Sunscreen - Shiseido Anessa Silver
SPF50 ++++ or higher only. Sunplay SPF130  is good for a cheaper option when doing sports or outdoors, as need to reapply often. La Roche Posay Anthelios XL is also good for outdoors. Pricey but comes in a 500ml spray so it's value for money.

Exfoliation - Dermalogica Gentle Cream Exfoliant
By far the priciest product (SGD50), but it lasts. Once or twice a week is enough for good skin turnover. This helped to eliminate breakouts - used to get a pimple every few weeks, now it's a few months if ever. This also helps in skin healing and pores.

Others worth mentioning:
Night oils (Kiehls Midnight Recovery)

Hydration (Body Shop Vitamin E Sorbet)
Retinol (The Ordinary Retinol 1)
Supplementation (Co-enzyme q10, P-5-P, probiotics, Astaxanthin, Quercetin)

Basically, it is a 3 step routine nightly. But overall it works well as my focus is to be gentle but effective, nothing strong, extreme or with scrub. Expensive brands are actually not necessary, as long as the product works. Over time, the skin learns to calm down and balance out.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

13 hours ago, fallmerees said:

14 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

Boys, any recommendations on products that help to get rid of pitted scars? Or at least, make it less visible? I have used the Honesi Exofila Cream, the Medicube Red Erasing Cream, and the Hiruscar gel; Hiruscar proved to be the most effective thus far with the scars though they are still noticeable.

You guys gotta go see a dermatologist for it tbh. If not, do a lot of exfoliating but don't recommend this way of method. It's more time-consuming and have to wait a longer time to see a visible result. The idea is the bring the layer of dead skin down so the pitted acne scar will be appear less visible eventually be gone. Dermatologist will do the same too but ofc, you will see faster result from them on the store product.

Another way of doing is just moisturising your skin to give the needed collagen to repair the skin. I'm not so sure if this will work for everyone but it did work for me.

13 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Et tu, eh. Actually Hiruscar was the second step; I used that combined with Dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop and the scars have become less pitted though still mildly noticeable.

7 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

For me, even surface dark spots from mild acne takes a LONG time to fade :( 

it would need consistent AHA/BHAs and time to fade the pitted scars..

also sunscreen in the mornings when using exfoliating acids, don't want to expose fresh new skin to harmful uv rays :ph34r:

in the meantime you might choose to use skincare products with some coverage and close to your skin tone.

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

Pitted scarring is the longest to remove, and there is a limit to what skincare can do. The best route is AHA/BHA exfoliation to encourage skin resurfacing. If you are more advanced level, Retinol can also be included in the routine. But Alpha/Beta Hydroxy Acids and Retinol also make the skin ultra sensitive, especially to UV rays, so you might be trading skin youth for smoother skin, which might not be worth it. Even sunscreen is not really effective, its best to minimise sun exposure completely after chemical exfoliation and Retinol.

If you have exhausted your options in terms of topical skincare, the next step would be resurfacing lasers, such as Fraxel, Ulthera. They are expensive and Fraxel also make you look red and swollen for 2-3 days, so will need to factor in downtime also. Ulthera works by heating the lower levels of skin (SMAS layer) so it tightens and gives an appearance of smoother skin, as well as, generate some cell renewal.

I don't have pitted acne scarring, but there is 1deep  chickenpox scar that I experimented on. It seems to work - I no longer do Fraxel or Ulthera, but AHA/BHA is still a regular part of my routine to keep my skin clear and healthy.

Thanks @HanWuJi and @tomcat! I've just started incorporating BHA into my routine so will monitor the progress.

6 minutes ago, JoKoYuGi2 said:

You guys gotta go see a dermatologist for it tbh. If not, do a lot of exfoliating but don't recommend this way of method. It's more time-consuming and have to wait a longer time to see a visible result. The idea is the bring the layer of dead skin down so the pitted acne scar will be appear less visible eventually be gone. Dermatologist will do the same too but ofc, you will see faster result from them on the store product.

Another way of doing is just moisturising your skin to give the needed collagen to repair the skin. I'm not so sure if this will work for everyone but it did work for me.

The dermatologist option is the last one I would go, only after I feel like I have exhausted the other options and have the money to do so haha.

I’ve noticed that when I'm stressed, my skin gets oilier than usual. This week has been a stressful one and it shows on my skin. Im breaking out T_T

14 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

I’ve noticed that when I'm stressed, my skin gets oilier than usual. This week has been a stressful one and it shows on my skin. Im breaking out T_T

Adik, have you tried traditional remedies too? Like bedak sejuk and the kind? Sometimes it’s all a matter of finding what suits us even if it’s a realllyy cheap product =)

11 hours ago, tomcat said:

My skin type is Combination, used to be Oily/Acne Prone.

Some practical tips that I learnt over time - exfoliation, double cleaning and sunscreen.

I started practising 4 years ago. It has improved it by a lot, in terms of skin clarity and texture. In total, there are 5 markers of good skin: Texture, Firmness, Clarity, Wrinkle & Sun Defence.

Cleansing - Hada Labo Egg AHA/BHA Cleanser

Double-cleansing is actually a primary secret to good skin. Most people wont share but it is actually fundamental. The first cleanse emulsifies the oil, dirt, sunscreen, products and removes it from the skin. The second clenase is the one that actually cleans right into the pores.

What is double cleansing? Wash once with face wash, wash it off, and wash again with the face wash again?

3 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Exfoliate with clay masks! You can get them at Sephora, which comes in those easy squeeze packs. A pack has lasted me around 7 to 8 exfoliation rounds. If not, try the innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask.

1 hour ago, Driftwood said:

What is double cleansing? Wash once with face wash, wash it off, and wash again with the face wash again?

49 minutes ago, PL4Y said:

1. oil-based cleanser

2. any foaming / water-based gentle cleanser

Adding on to what @PL4Y said, it's a routine in which you use an oil-based cleanser first to remove impurities, excess oil, sebum, make-up, sunscreen... basically all the gunk on your face after an entire day. Following that is the foam or water-based cleanser, which helps to cleanse and balance the skin. Face should not be tight after the double cleansing - it should just feel clean and fresh.

3 hours ago, geizershow said:

Adik, have you tried traditional remedies too? Like bedak sejuk and the kind? Sometimes it’s all a matter of finding what suits us even if it’s a realllyy cheap product =)

Haha ah i never thought about that. Maybe that's what the skin needs but I think my skin is like beyond repair and simple treatments like that won't work as well sadly T_T 

18 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

Exfoliate with clay masks! You can get them at Sephora, which comes in those easy squeeze packs. A pack has lasted me around 7 to 8 exfoliation rounds. If not, try the innisfree Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask.

Ah thanks for the recommendation! Btw I use Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask. I haven't been religious with using it but I just did a couple this week and maybe that's why I'm experiencing "skin purging" right now. 

16 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Ah thanks for the recommendation! Btw I use Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay mask. I haven't been religious with using it but I just did a couple this week and maybe that's why I'm experiencing "skin purging" right now. 

No problem! I heard the Aztec Secret clay mask is good, so you can continue using that if it works for you. Here's a link to the Sephora Collection clay mask if you are interested.

How often do you exfoliate? You may want to try once a week - preferably on a Sunday, as advised by Jonathan Van Ness of Queer Eye - and then follow up with a sheet mask. Do you do sheet masks?

27 minutes ago, Butterscotch said:

No problem! I heard the Aztec Secret clay mask is good, so you can continue using that if it works for you. Here's a link to the Sephora Collection clay mask if you are interested.

How often do you exfoliate? You may want to try once a week - preferably on a Sunday, as advised by Jonathan Van Ness of Queer Eye - and then follow up with a sheet mask. Do you do sheet masks?

I do exfoliate at least once a week but I think my skin maybe needs at least twice? I've never done sheet masks before. What would you recommend? 
And yasss I looooove Jonathan. He's so fun to watch! HAHA

giphy.gif

25 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

I do exfoliate at least once a week but I think my skin maybe needs at least twice? I've never done sheet masks before. What would you recommend? 
And yasss I looooove Jonathan. He's so fun to watch! HAHA

giphy.gif

YAS KWEEN! I love JVN :wub:

I used to do twice a week as well but pared down to once a week because I'm "struggs to func" haha and don't want to go through my sheet masks too fast.

Since you mentioned stress, breaking out, and I'm presuming you have oily skin, go for sheet masks that help to soothe acne and mattify skin. The Sephora Collection Green Tea Invisilk Mask is good because green tea helps to soothe and calms irritated, stressed skin. Another brand that I would like to suggest is the TONYMOLY I'm Real Sheet Mask series. They have many different types so I'm leaving a few reviews done below:

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-sheet-masks-review-acne-part-1/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-masks-review-part-2/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-sheet-masks-review-3/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-mask-review-pumpkin-orange-pearl-lotus/

How to use sheet masks: After exfoliating, remove the clay mask and go ahead with your toning, essence and serum steps. Once everything has been patted in and settled into your skin, put on the sheet mask and follow the duration recommended. Once done, remove the mask and pat in the remaining essence into your face and neck (no need to wash it off). (I usually rub it into my hands, elbows, and knees so that they also get the remaining moisturising effects.) Continue with the remainder of your skin care routine and then sleep.

6 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

YAS KWEEN! I love JVN :wub:

I used to do twice a week as well but pared down to once a week because I'm "struggs to func" haha and don't want to go through my sheet masks too fast.

Since you mentioned stress, breaking out, and I'm presuming you have oily skin, go for sheet masks that help to soothe acne and mattify skin. The Sephora Collection Green Tea Invisilk Mask is good because green tea helps to soothe and calms irritated, stressed skin. Another brand that I would like to suggest is the TONYMOLY I'm Real Sheet Mask series. They have many different types so I'm leaving a few reviews done below:

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-sheet-masks-review-acne-part-1/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-masks-review-part-2/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-sheet-masks-review-3/

https://www.collegefashion.net/beauty-and-hair/tonymoly-mask-review-pumpkin-orange-pearl-lotus/

How to use sheet masks: After exfoliating, remove the clay mask and go ahead with your toning, essence and serum steps. Once everything has been patted in and settled into your skin, put on the sheet mask and follow the duration recommended. Once done, remove the mask and pat in the remaining essence into your face and neck (no need to wash it off). (I usually rub it into my hands, elbows, and knees so that they also get the remaining moisturising effects.) Continue with the remainder of your skin care routine and then sleep.

Omgosh thank you so much Butterscotch! I didn't know that's how you use sheet masks! You're so helpful thank you! <3

giphy.gif

I'm excited to try some of these but how much do you spend on them though? :O  

I like the Naruko Night Jelly series as i'm lazy and can apply and leave on as an overnight mask.

Different night jellies for different skin types/needs.

Order from .my naruko website or local Watsons.[ believe it is cheaper if u can order from Malaysian website or JB/KL Watsons]

rjt_ng80-320x320.jpgroseng30off-320x320.jpg

apple_ng80-320x320.jpgtt_ng80-320x320.jpg

12 hours ago, Driftwood said:

12 hours ago, PL4Y said:

1. oil-based cleanser

2. any foaming / water-based gentle cleanser

11 hours ago, Butterscotch said:

Adding on to what @PL4Y said, it's a routine in which you use an oil-based cleanser first to remove impurities, excess oil, sebum, make-up, sunscreen... basically all the gunk on your face after an entire day. Following that is the foam or water-based cleanser, which helps to cleanse and balance the skin. Face should not be tight after the double cleansing - it should just feel clean and fresh.

Hmm, I disagree slightly - it is actually not a hard and fast rule.

It really depends on what you put on in the first place.

A full face of makeup will definitely require an oil cleanser to melt off

especially if a lot of waterproof stuff (liner, lipstick, brow gel, mascara etc),

which is formulated to not budge an inch or transfer.

But if all you have is morning moisturizer, sunscreen + one other product, 

using a gentle cleanser twice is good enough.
Using oil cleanser where not needed might be cost unnecessary expenditure.

as well as possibly cause skin irritation.

Most cleansers, especially those targeted at men tend to favour strength over efficacy

- extra strong, super minty, grainy scrubs, strange ingredients like Wasabi etc.
So usually the cleanser is too intense for two cleanses in a row.

A happy medium is a micellar water, it's not as expensive as oil cleanser.

The original is Bioderma, but there are a lot of dupes these days.

However, there are also those who have refined their routine down to a science

they prioritise cleansing as the most major part of the routine.

They will actually use expensive cleansing balms,

then follow with an enriched cleanser, which is another category in itself.

Most will argue that all those funny things cleansers claim to do is just fake,

because it does not even stay on the skin that long.

But if you follow the proper way, the cleansing balm will first prep the skin,

and the cleanser, enriched with beneficial properties clean deep into pores

and prepare for the next stage without stripping / shocking the skin.

This is incorporated into a facial massage, lymph draining, lifting etc,

whole thing can be as long as 10 - 15 mins.

But for most people, cleansing is the most overlooked,  done fast maybe

2 mins max. So really, it is a spectrum, not a one-way-fits-all.

Phew, sorry for the long explanation!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 minutes ago, HanWuJi said:

I like the Naruko Night Jelly series as i'm lazy and can apply and leave on as an overnight mask.

Different night jellies for different skin types/needs.

Order from .my naruko website or local Watsons.[ believe it is cheaper if u can order from Malaysian website or JB/KL Watsons]

rjt_ng80-320x320.jpgroseng30off-320x320.jpg

apple_ng80-320x320.jpgtt_ng80-320x320.jpg

Good to see this appearing here!

Naruko is a gem. Affordable, minimal ingredients and well made,

every range is properly crafted from formulation to packaging.

They are quite potent too, so often come in glass.

Very little preservatives, so maximum life is 6 -8 mths after opening.
I store in fridge to extend the product life.

I stock up when I am in Taiwan, although some lines have been discontinued.

The night jelly i tried few times, but maybe because it's too rich,

and I don't sleep in air-con, it gave me pimples.
I think my skin prefer to breathe at night.

I like their essences more, they are like water, but over time really improve the skin:

texture, and clarity. Amazing for the price point.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

21 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Good to see this appearing here!

Naruko is a gem. Affordable, minimal ingredients and well made,

every range is properly crafted from formulation to packaging.

They are quite potent too, so often come in glass.

Very little preservatives, so maximum life is 6 -8 mths after opening.
I store in fridge to extend the product life.

I stock up when I am in Taiwan, although some lines have been discontinued.

The night jelly i tried few times, but maybe because it's too rich,

and I don't sleep in air-con, it gave me pimples.
I think my skin prefer to breathe at night

I like their essences more, they are like water, but over time really improve the skin:

texture, and clarity. Amazing for the price point.

It can be rich for some people and you are right - it is potent on its own.

Which is why on lazy nights after cleansing and toner I forgo any serum or moisturiser and just apply the night jelly.

It is affordable [and way cheaper than laneige's sleepover night mask] plus a little bit each application goes a long way - I gone through jars and tubs of night jellies the last 5-6 years and happy with this TW brand of products.

8 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Omgosh thank you so much Butterscotch! I didn't know that's how you use sheet masks! You're so helpful thank you! <3

giphy.gif

I'm excited to try some of these but how much do you spend on them though? :O  

You're welcome! ^_^ If you're referring to face masks, it depends on where I get them. For the Sephora one, I usually get the 5 pieces since it's cheaper and, if you do sheet masks once a week, can last for slightly more than a month. For TONYMOLY, I decide on the masks that should work for my skin. You can get them from their stores (Vivocity and Bugis Junction) or online like Lazada or Shopee. You can also take a look at the innisfree collection.

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

Hmm, I disagree slightly - it is actually not a hard and fast rule.

It really depends on what you put on in the first place.

A full face of makeup will definitely require an oil cleanser to melt off

especially if a lot of waterproof stuff (liner, lipstick, brow gel, mascara etc),

which is formulated to not budge an inch or transfer.

But if all you have is morning moisturizer, sunscreen + one other product, 

using a gentle cleanser twice is good enough.
Using oil cleanser where not needed might be cost unnecessary expenditure.

as well as possibly cause skin irritation.

Most cleansers, especially those targeted at men tend to favour strength over efficacy

- extra strong, super minty, grainy scrubs, strange ingredients like Wasabi etc.
So usually the cleanser is too intense for two cleanses in a row.

A happy medium is a micellar water, it's not as expensive as oil cleanser.

The original is Bioderma, but there are a lot of dupes these days.

However, there are also those who have refined their routine down to a science

they prioritise cleansing as the most major part of the routine.

They will actually use expensive cleansing balms,

then follow with an enriched cleanser, which is another category in itself.

Most will argue that all those funny things cleansers claim to do is just fake,

because it does not even stay on the skin that long.

But if you follow the proper way, the cleansing balm will first prep the skin,

and the cleanser, enriched with beneficial properties clean deep into pores

and prepare for the next stage without stripping / shocking the skin.

This is incorporated into a facial massage, lymph draining, lifting etc,

whole thing can be as long as 10 - 15 mins.

But for most people, cleansing is the most overlooked,  done fast maybe

2 mins max. So really, it is a spectrum, not a one-way-fits-all.

Phew, sorry for the long explanation!

Great explanation! And no worries about the length. Like you said, it is dependent on what you have on your face. I have read on some places where it is advisable - better, even - to adhere to the double cleanse rule, while other places state that you don't have to use the oil cleanser if you don't have anything heavy on your face. At the end of the day, work with what you have.

Another alternative to micellar water is the Son & Park Beauty Water. You can use it as a cleanser, toner, exfoliator, mid-day refresher, and even make-up remover. Truly a great product and your skin just feels so clean and fresh after application.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:53 PM, fallmerees said:

what have you tried for your skin before?

Lasers? acnotin?(acne medication) 

1 minute ago, skypark said:

what have you tried for your skin before?

Lasers? acnotin?(acne medication) 

Mostly like over-the-counter products. 

I went to see a dermatologist years ago though and he prescribed some sort of antibiotics (not sure what's the name) for almost a year but it didn't really help much.

I stopped because taking antibiotics that long isn't really good for you. 

3 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

Mostly like over-the-counter products. 

I went to see a dermatologist years ago though and he prescribed some sort of antibiotics (not sure what's the name) for almost a year but it didn't really help much.

I stopped because taking antibiotics that long isn't really good for you. 

hmm if its really quite bad the best thing to do would be to see a proper doctor at the skin center, provided you have money to spend. it can get quite pricey sadly. 

stick to it for a year, when the acne troubles seem more manageable u can do normal over the counter products n take care of it yourself. 

ive done Acnotin pills some time back, im still ok, and my condition has improved a lot!  i just do lasers here n there now and usual face routines 

quite lazy to do it but i guess have to put decent effort if you want decent looking skin. 

10 minutes ago, skypark said:

hmm if its really quite bad the best thing to do would be to see a proper doctor at the skin center, provided you have money to spend. it can get quite pricey sadly. 

stick to it for a year, when the acne troubles seem more manageable u can do normal over the counter products n take care of it yourself. 

ive done Acnotin pills some time back, im still ok, and my condition has improved a lot!  i just do lasers here n there now and usual face routines 

quite lazy to do it but i guess have to put decent effort if you want decent looking skin. 

Ah nice to know that your condition has improved! 

6 hours ago, Blindleech said:

Anyone knows how to minimise pores? And minimise face sebum? I have combination skin

I am currently using the COSRX BHA Summer Pore Minish Serum, and so far it has been working well. Unfortunately this serum has been discontinued; they do have another product to reduce pores - COSRX Two in One Poreless Power Liquid. Seems like it can be used on combination skin, according to a review on SkinCarisma.

21 hours ago, axelrod said:

Those with oily skin, like me, not all is bad, there are plenty of upsides to it too.

7 Benefits Of Having Oily Skin Even If It Sometimes Feels Like Your Face Is Melting Off

I feel a little bit better about having oily skin haha

26 minutes ago, fiznoah said:

Anyone use Indian Healing Clay before?

I do! I use it once/twice a week.

Sometimes when I don't use it for a few months and start using it again, my skin goes through purging and that's when I get more breakouts because it's pulling out the impurities from the pores. T_T 

I love the pulsing effect it gives though. You can tell it's really working. 

3 minutes ago, fallmerees said:

I feel a little bit better about having oily skin haha

I do! I use it once/twice a week.

Sometimes when I don't use it for a few months and start using it again, my skin goes through purging and that's when I get more breakouts because it's pulling out the impurities from the pores. T_T 

I love the pulsing effect it gives though. You can tell it's really working. 

Yeah true, I use it once a week too but somehow I hate it the mess when washing it, the troublesome all that lol

2 minutes ago, fiznoah said:

Yeah true, I use it once a week too but somehow I hate it the mess when washing it, the troublesome all that lol

Haha I usually wear it before shower so, I can wash it off easily bahah BUT you're right the cleaning up part can be a hassle especially when it gets all over the floor (For me) haha so i wash most of it at the sink and the rest while taking a shower haha :X

Have you heard of Innisfree's Volcanic Clay mask? I wanna try that!

Has anyone tried Innisfree's Volcanic Pore Clay Mask?

They have the new Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask 2X.

Kinda curious to try it!

http://www.innisfree.com/sg/en/DirectPage.do?pageName=inni_volcanic2018_volcanic2018sg

745793127_ScreenShot2018-07-08at1_20_37PM.thumb.png.2793eb794fccc80ff35fe2956a46afa8.png

On 7/6/2018 at 8:09 PM, Butterscotch said:

I am currently using the COSRX BHA Summer Pore Minish Serum, and so far it has been working well. Unfortunately this serum has been discontinued; they do have another product to reduce pores - COSRX Two in One Poreless Power Liquid. Seems like it can be used on combination skin, according to a review on SkinCarisma.

Hey. Thanks for your recommendation. I will go and check it out. :) is it safe for sensitive skin too? My skin is totally screwed. 

18 hours ago, fallmerees said:

Kinda curious to try it!

http://www.innisfree.com/sg/en/DirectPage.do?pageName=inni_volcanic2018_volcanic2018sg

745793127_ScreenShot2018-07-08at1_20_37PM.thumb.png.2793eb794fccc80ff35fe2956a46afa8.png

Just bought the 2x jar version [sgd21] last week - the limited edition box set came with small White Pore Care serum and cream.

Only used it once so I can't really give an accurate review yet but I didn't experience any breakout that one time using it.

Most probably be using it weekly for the entire face and possibly 2/3 times for my nose-t zone area depending on the current condition of my skin.

Better to use weekly than to wait a long time and experience the "skin purge/breakouts".

Been an exhausting week and only had energy to wash my face and apply aloe vera gel as a overnight mask. At least better than not taking care of at all. Actually just applying AVG alone seems to calm my skin - less oil in the morning, the bigger pores are smaller, skin feels softer and yet firmer especially around the jaw/naso-labial/neck lines.

Should start to invest in a good Vitamin C serum. Currently reading up on these the following two vitamin c products:

Vitamin C Freshshot LIFTACTIV - VICHY – Beauty Starts With Health [15% Pure Vitamin C ~ sgd50+ for 10ml] 

Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate ... - Kiehl's Singapore [10.5% L-Ascorbic Acid and 2% Ascorbyl Glucoside ~ sgd105 for 50ml]

Tested the Kiehl's product on the hand and it is definitely feels potent - can feel instant 'warm' tingling sensation upon application.

On 7/8/2018 at 1:21 PM, fallmerees said:

Kinda curious to try it!

This one sounds potent! I'm planning to get samples of their jeju volcanic pore mask and see if my skin will take to them.

On 7/9/2018 at 1:31 AM, Blindleech said:

Hey. Thanks for your recommendation. I will go and check it out. :) is it safe for sensitive skin too? My skin is totally screwed. 

COSRX products should be okay for sensitive skin as well, I believe.

6 hours ago, HanWuJi said:

Should start to invest in a good Vitamin C serum. Currently reading up on these the following two vitamin c products:

Vitamin C Freshshot LIFTACTIV - VICHY – Beauty Starts With Health [15% Pure Vitamin C ~ sgd50+ for 10ml] 

Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate ... - Kiehl's Singapore [10.5% L-Ascorbic Acid and 2% Ascorbyl Glucoside ~ sgd105 for 50ml]

Tested the Kiehl's product on the hand and it is definitely feels potent - can feel instant 'warm' tingling sensation upon application.

I have only used the dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop, which is 5% Vitamin C. I like the tingly sensation it gave every time I pat it on my skin.

• 3 weeks later...

I made a Line group “Men’s Essentials“

A group dedicated for men who love to share, discuss or give opinions about branded stuffs [bags, wallets, shoes, clothing, accessories] and cosmetics [skin care products, frangrance].

PM me your Line ID to join the group.

On 7/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, Butterscotch said:

This one sounds potent! I'm planning to get samples of their jeju volcanic pore mask and see if my skin will take to them.

COSRX products should be okay for sensitive skin as well, I believe.

I have only used the dear, Klairs Freshly Juiced Vitamin Drop, which is 5% Vitamin C. I like the tingly sensation it gave every time I pat it on my skin.

Kinda curious to try it!

yes, innisfree is having a special promo pkge for the volcanic clay

• 3 weeks later...

Kinda curious to try it!

Btw those who have tried their clay mask, is it as "strong" as Aztec Secret's Indian Healy Clay?

Started off with just facial scrub n toner then slowly learn to protect my skin better, so now I have them daily
Day - facial scrub, toner, serum, moisturiser, sun screen, eye cream

Night - facial scrub, toner, serum, night lotion, eye cream, anti-aging or repair mask (not daily though for mask.)
My products are from lab series since they do works for me for now, except for my sun screen from OLAY.

Edited by keepitsimplix

2 hours ago, keepitsimplix said:

Started off with just facial scrub n toner then slowly learn to protect my skin better, so now I have them daily
Day - facial scrub, toner, serum, moisturiser, sun screen, eye cream

Night - facial scrub, toner, serum, night lotion, eye cream, anti-aging or repair mask (not daily though for mask.)
My products are from lab series since they do works for me for now, except for my sun screen from OLAY.

That sounded complicated. Isn’t that the normal Loren skin care routine? Wont u scared it would damage your skin further?